Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 19:00   #1816
BHPian

Adi, I guess the only way to find out whether the resistors are draining the battery or not is to disconnect the battery at night and reconnect the next day.
Old 13th June 2015, 19:52   #1817
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Pic at dusk. No plate lights on drl switched on. Sick!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20150613-19.50.04.jpg  

Old 16th June 2015, 13:16   #1818
Senior - BHPian

So the issue of battery was confirmed as a defect and the battery was replaced under warranty. This time it's an Exide battery, not the Vatra make. It is made in Spain, for Volkswagen.

I see an instant improvement in the car and everything is working absolutely fine. Kudos to the dealer who made an exception and made my warranty procedure limited, so that he can give me the battery immediately. Very cooperative and understanding staff after the new Service Manager has been appointed last year.

This is good, but what is not good, old and niggling problems:

1) ORVM noise: The issue was escalated to regional manager Anoop Gupta. He promised me that he will instruct the dealer on further steps and solve my problem without holding the car for longer period of time.

2) Sunroof rattle: again, it is one thing which is increasing day by day, and it is linked to dust accumulation. But the noise is definitely from the sun shade. Again Mr. Gupta gave me assurance that he has got feedback from Skoda about this issue and they are working on a replacement program, which they will announce when ready. Also he assured that any recall and any replacement under warranty will be honoured if you do not have official or extended warranty. I have both so I am well covered.

3) Suspension noise: I mentioned it to the dealer and they merely applied lubrication to the joints and bushes. So the issue subsided for a week or so after which it reappeared. Again it is claimed to be 'dust related'. Why such issues are not there in all cars then? All old Lauras and Superbs? No answer. I will ask for a replacement of entire front suspension or else I will go for Bilstein suspension as I am already on 40K kms already.

Besides these I am happy that none of the problems I have faced are related to engine and gearbox which was the major concern. So although when the mirror folds out it makes a 'kat-kat-kat-kat' noise, the sunroof too over bumpy roads, but after I start driving the car, I am in another zone. I can only hear the engine note after that, and paddle shifts only adds to my grin
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 14:52   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueHP View Post
However, after sending across the NCB to Bajaj the agent now says that this clause needs to be removed from my NCB better "The insured is entitled to 50% NCB. In the event of vehicle continuing in the ownership of the insured named herein, the NCB will be available within period of 90 days from the expiry of the policy mentioned above" from the NCB certificate! If I speak to the insurer of my old car they say it is standard format, they cannot make amends and I am eligible for NCB using this letter. I feel I am being played by my new insurer as the NCB certificate clearly says I am entitled for 50% bonus! At this time I have 0% NCB on both policies!

Any advice?
Any NCB format will be strictly as per IRDA. Ask your agent to email you from his official ID and forward it to IRDA. They will get totally murdered over it.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 18:50   #1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any NCB format will be strictly as per IRDA. Ask your agent to email you from his official ID and forward it to IRDA. They will get totally murdered over it.
Thanks for your response! He actually sent it from his official e-mail ID so I am surprised that he asked me to remove that specific clause! Also, there should be no reason for me to have to transfer ownership of my old car right to transfer the NCB to the new car insurance?

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2015 at 19:35. Reason: Back to back posts: Formatted post
Old 16th June 2015, 21:06   #1821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response! He actually sent it from his official e-mail ID so I am surprised that he asked me to remove that specific clause! Also, there should be no reason for me to have to transfer ownership of my old car right to transfer the NCB to the new car insurance?
Now I'm confused. See the links below. Better to visit your Bajaj office and speak to a senior official and not a flunk or agent.
https://www.icicilombard.com/Motor-i...r-Process.html
http://www.policybazaar.com/motor-in...aim-bonus-ncb/
http://www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/mot...cy-faq-ncb.jsp

I've done this 3 times: moved my Santro to third party and used NCB on a new Getz, sold Getz and transferred same to a Polo and finally bought my Cruze from my leasing company and used the leasing company NCB letter (no claims had been made for 3 years) towards my NCB. The latter needed extensive follow up but Bajaj accepted it at the end.

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th June 2015 at 21:16. Reason: Clarify
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 22:32   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
However, after sending across the NCB to Bajaj the agent now says that this clause needs to be removed from my NCB better "The insured is entitled to 50% NCB. In the event of vehicle continuing in the ownership of the insured named herein, the NCB will be available within period of 90 days from the expiry of the policy mentioned above" from the NCB certificate! If I speak to the insurer of my old car they say it is standard format, they cannot make amends and I am eligible for NCB using this letter. I feel I am being played by my new insurer as the NCB certificate clearly says I am entitled for 50% bonus! At this time I have 0% NCB on both policies!

Any advice?
I have transferred my NCB from i10 to Octavia. I had sold off i10 in September and bought Octavia in next February. I was required to furnish the certificate from old insurance company - New India Assurance to the new one - ICICI Lombard. As per my information NCB is valid for three years.

You should insist for written reply of rejection from Bajaj people. I am sure they will not give anything in writing.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 22:42   #1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I have transferred my NCB from i10 to Octavia. I had sold off i10 in September and bought Octavia in next February. I was required to furnish the certificate from old insurance company - New India Assurance to the new one - ICICI Lombard. As per my information NCB is valid for three years.

You should insist for written reply of rejection from Bajaj people. I am sure they will not give anything in writing.
Thanks Rutvij!

In my case I am not selling my old vehicle and it is also in my name. But I have renewed the policy for old vehicle without any NCB so that I can transfer.

Did they ask you for RC Book copy of old vehicle to show proof that it was sold or did they just accept your NCB letter? As for all these demands they are sending this from their official e-mail ID only.
Old 17th June 2015, 09:40   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Braking is definitely still strong, and I don't think it needs a replacement as of now. As I said, judder is while running, not while braking.

The PS3 is priced here at 12K a piece. I think it is an okay price for the demand the tyre has, along with lack of availability. Have placed an order, hoping it is delivered soon to the dealer's warehouse.
Adi, If you have not bought them already get them positively today. There is some 35% discount that is there on PS3s 225/50 16. Try to get them invoiced today itself. PM me for the dealer number. but donot take my name. Just ask them for the tyre and say " Maine suna hai kuch 30-35% discount hai aaj inpe "
Old 17th June 2015, 09:58   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Adi, If you have not bought them already get them positively today. There is some 35% discount that is there on PS3s 225/50 16. Try to get them invoiced today itself. PM me for the dealer number. but donot take my name. Just ask them for the tyre and say " Maine suna hai kuch 30-35% discount hai aaj inpe "

Already got them last month. But how did you manage to squeeze a deal like that?
Old 17th June 2015, 10:52   #1826
BANNED

Drove fellow bhpian rev_rohit's Octavia TSi last night. Just got blown away at whatever I threw at it. Just took it with aplomb. Impressive machine right there!
Old 17th June 2015, 15:15   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
1) ORVM noise: The issue was escalated to regional manager Anoop Gupta. He promised me that he will instruct the dealer on further steps and solve my problem without holding the car for longer period of time.

2) Sunroof rattle: again, it is one thing which is increasing day by day, and it is linked to dust accumulation. But the noise is definitely from the sun shade. Again Mr. Gupta gave me assurance that he has got feedback from Skoda about this issue and they are working on a replacement program, which they will announce when ready. Also he assured that any recall and any replacement under warranty will be honoured if you do not have official or extended warranty. I have both so I am well covered.

3) Suspension noise: I mentioned it to the dealer and they merely applied lubrication to the joints and bushes. So the issue subsided for a week or so after which it reappeared. Again it is claimed to be 'dust related'. Why such issues are not there in all cars then? All old Lauras and Superbs? No answer. I will ask for a replacement of entire front suspension or else I will go for Bilstein suspension as I am already on 40K kms already.
ORVM noise is specific to earlier cars as this problem seems to have been sorted out in subsequent batches. Sunroof rattle seems to be occurring in all cars. It is high time that Skoda comes out with some definite answer whether its repairs or replacement.

For now I am being extra careful while opening sunroof and most of the time I am discouraging kids from opening it. Opening the sun shade/visor very slowly seems to be working but I am not sure for how long.

I couldn't understand the suspension noise. Can you please elaborate?

Quote:
Thanks Rutvij!

In my case I am not selling my old vehicle and it is also in my name. But I have renewed the policy for old vehicle without any NCB so that I can transfer.

Did they ask you for RC Book copy of old vehicle to show proof that it was sold or did they just accept your NCB letter? As for all these demands they are sending this from their official e-mail ID only.
In may case NCB letter of the old company was sufficient. I had made sure that my old car is transferred to the purchaser in insurance records. Only after that I was issued NCB certificate.

I talked to a Divisional Manager of an insurance company of which I am an auditor. According to him you should have taken the insurance of old car from some other company or discontinued the vehicle insurance while continuing the third party insurance from the same company. Only then you are eligible for transfer of NCB to new car. And this NCB letter is valid for 3 years for similar category of vehicle i.e. four wheeler.
Old 17th June 2015, 19:11   #1828

Quote:
ORVM noise is specific to earlier cars as this problem seems to have been sorted out in subsequent batches. Sunroof rattle seems to be occurring in all cars. It is high time that Skoda comes out with some definite answer whether its repairs or replacement.
Thanks Rutvij for your response and also for checking with an expert on this - really appreciate the help!!

Here is what I did for NCB transfer: 1) Canceled insurance (New India Assurance) of my old car 2) Took a new insurance policy with Royal Sundaram without NCB discount 3) Received NCB letter from New India Assurance 4) Handed over NCB letter to Bajaj Allianz for NCB transfer

However as I explained Bajaj Allianz wants me to edit the NCB letter before they can execute the transfer but New India Assurance has denied that it can be done.

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2015 at 19:27. Reason: Removing bulk of quoted post
Old 18th June 2015, 13:54   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rutvij for your response and also for checking with an expert on this - really appreciate the help!!

Here is what I did for NCB transfer: 1) Canceled insurance (New India Assurance) of my old car 2) Took a new insurance policy with Royal Sundaram without NCB discount 3) Received NCB letter from New India Assurance 4) Handed over NCB letter to Bajaj Allianz for NCB transfer

However as I explained Bajaj Allianz wants me to edit the NCB letter before they can execute the transfer but New India Assurance has denied that it can be done.
There seems to some limitations of systems in New India. My old insurance was with that company. They had issued a separate certificate on my request. I can mail you copy of that. Please PM me your email id.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th June 2015 at 12:26. Reason: Pl=Please
Old 18th June 2015, 20:44   #1830

Quote:
There seems to some limitations of systems in New India. My old insurance was with that company. They had issued a separate certificate on my request. I can mail you copy of that. Pl PM me your email id.
Thank you Rutvij - really appreciate all your help!!

It looks like private messages are available only for BHPian membership level and above while I am still a Newbie :-) If you don't mind can you PM me your e-mail ID and I will write to you on that from my e-mail ID?

Most Viewed