Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2016, 16:32   #2281
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaryskodamenon View Post

In my car for both the long term and short term average,fuel economy is shown in liters per 100 km . Where as real time economy is shown in km per liter in vehicle data. Even though it's not much of a concern I would have preferred economy in km per liter.
i think you can change it without the VCDS cable. go in the settings and you can select how you want it to be shown.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:02   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
go in the settings and you can select how you want it to be shown.
I checked it and changed the settings in the units section of the car menu. Thanks for the information, right now showing in kilometer per liter.
Old 21st July 2016, 18:38   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
I checked it and changed the settings in the units section of the car menu. Thanks for the information, right now showing in kilometer per liter.
what all you can do with the car's settings on this car is simply amazing. makes you wonder - do you really need VCDS cable?
Old 21st July 2016, 19:28   #2284
BHPian

Hi has anyone got any update on how long the brake pads last on a TDI? Mine has completed around 39k Kms but they haven't been changed yet. Don't want to end up having the discs damaged on the carelessness of the service Center even though the brakes are working perfectly fine as of now...
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:35   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
what all you can do with the car's settings on this car is simply amazing. makes you wonder - do you really need VCDS cable?
I wanted to activate needle sweep while turning on ignition. Checked with sukesh of vag tunes kochi. Since I was in a hurry he couldn't do it in the few attempts he carried out. I intend to take the car one more time next week to give it one more try. Any inputs to help me out.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:43   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Mine has completed around 39k Kms but they haven't been changed yet.
Mine is at 42k but still looks good for another 10-15k. I used to get only around 25k on the Civic.
joethomasv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:02   #2287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Hi has anyone got any update on how long the brake pads last on a TDI? Mine has completed around 39k Kms but they haven't been changed yet. Don't want to end up having the discs damaged on the carelessness of the service Center even though the brakes are working perfectly fine as of now...
Auto or manual? Makes a difference with the former wearing out faster.

Ask your service advisor. They routinely measure rotor and pad thicknesses during service. Get the data and check online.

Visually inspect the disc itself maybe by removing the tyres. Should not be badly scored etc.
Old 23rd July 2016, 14:06   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Auto or manual? Makes a difference with the former wearing out faster.

Ask your service advisor. They routinely measure rotor and pad thicknesses during service. Get the data and check online.

Visually inspect the disc itself maybe by removing the tyres. Should not be badly scored etc.
Mine is an auto. Its working perfectly fine as of now but i'm a little apprehensive especially after facing issues with my rexton the details of which i'v shared in the technical section. I always asked the service advisors for the condition of brakes and inspite of that have had to replace discs twice in the rexton!

I'll now get them changed in any case i guess at the 45k service. Discs are expensive pads aren't comparatively so it's better to be at peace of mind than face expensive repairs later.
Old 26th July 2016, 23:00   #2289
BHPian

Unlike 2.0 TDI, Skoda hasn't provided under hood lining insulation for 1.8 TSI. Even though engine noise is minimal compared to 2.0 TDI, I am concerned with heat affecting quality of paint over the years. Discomfort caused to an unsuspecting individual just in case someone comes into contact with the bonnet when the car is stopped after a long drive is another major concern. I intend to install an under hood lining with the similar specs as in 2.0 TDI for which my dealer has quoted RS.2700. Kindly advise any other concern with regard to the same which I might have overlooked.
Old 26th July 2016, 23:35   #2290
BANNED

Is there any scope for skoda to re-launch zeal edition ? Asked skoda many times but they don't give a clear answer, atleast they should have given as a option for black interior for black lovers.
Old 27th July 2016, 11:39   #2291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unlike 2.0 TDI, Skoda hasn't provided under hood lining insulation for 1.8 TSI. Even though engine noise is minimal compared to 2.0 TDI, I am concerned with heat affecting quality of paint over the years. Discomfort caused to an unsuspecting individual just in case someone comes into contact with the bonnet when the car is stopped after a long drive is another major concern. I intend to install an under hood lining with the similar specs as in 2.0 TDI for which my dealer has quoted RS.2700. Kindly advise any other concern with regard to the same which I might have overlooked.
I am running 1.8 TSi for 6+ years, there is no insulation under the bonnet and it hasn't mattered at all. I would say don't bother.
Also, no insulation means better heat dissipation.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 27th July 2016 at 11:41.
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 23:04   #2292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is there any scope for skoda to re-launch zeal edition ? Asked skoda many times but they don't give a clear answer, atleast they should have given as a option for black interior for black lovers.
In my experience for the SKD Octavia, Yeti & Superb, Skoda India has very little idea on most new features or new model related matters. It is better to research on Google.

The Indian 'Zeal Edition' were the unsold stripped-down remnants of the 'Black' editions brought out by Skoda UK.(http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/8...-edition-range)

They will be repeated ONLY if Skoda UK comes out with another such edition and they have kits unsold. Net net, am sorry to advise you not to hold your breath.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th July 2016 at 23:15. Reason: Error
Old 31st July 2016, 08:49   #2293
Senior - BHPian

I had recently bought a Skoda Octavia Style plus 2.0 TDI and it was a fair decision. The best part is that it did not took me a while to choose this car. the other options like elantra, cruze and corolla were no competition. some of them reasoned me to buy an entry level BMW, Audi or Mercedes but IMHO their good cars starts from mid line.
Octavia in all proportions made a better deal in 25 lacs segment and I am loving it.

It is with me from last six months and the only issue faced is with date and time display. even after so many corrections, the system behaves berserk. may be it could be resolved in first service which is already round the corner

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 31st July 2016 at 08:50.
Old 7th August 2016, 23:57   #2294
BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Coming from a Laura, you might find the Octavia to be lightly build so please be mentally prepared for that.

Just wanted to confirm something with you - I find my Octavia's music system sub par as compared to the music system that was there in the Laura. Honestly the bass is almost missing and there is literally no depth anywhere.

Anyone else also facing this issue?
Old 8th August 2016, 09:30   #2295
Distinguished - BHPian

Just spotted this on the Skoda India site:

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/sko...service-action

ŠKODA Auto India Service Action
8/3/2016

In order to keep our promise of safety, we make the best efforts to achieve our objectives by conducting customer campaigns.

To check the ‘Manual child lock of the two rear doors’ ŠKODA dealers will contact Octavia customers across India for a service appointment.

The campaign is related to 539 Octavia units produced between November 2015 and April 2016

The assessment of the locks will be done in 12 minutes only. In case the locks need to be replaced under the service campaign, the process will conclude in 45 minutes and will be done at no cost to the customer.

We appreciate your confidence in the ŠKODA brand.
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed