Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2017, 22:26   #2656
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
New Octavia with the 1.8 TSi or 1.4 TSi?!
Sorry I did not ask simply as I am looking only for a manual diesel.
Old 10th February 2017, 13:36   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
New limited edition Octavia incoming. Page seems to indicate a February arrival.
Ahead of its official launch that is likely to take place soon, Skoda India has teased a limited edition of the Octavia. A single teaser image from the Czech automobile manufacturer shared on the company’s social media channels reveals what is likely to be the Octavia Onyx edition.
To be based on the top-end Style-Plus trim, the Octavia Onyx edition will feature a few visual updates to the exterior while the interior and the engine specifications will remain untouched. The Black edition will be launched a few months before the new Octavia facelift makes its debut in India.
Coming to the India-spec Skoda Octavia Onyx edition, the model will receive visual updates to the exterior that would include blacked out alloy wheels, grille surround and ORVMs. While the global spec model features an all-black theme for the interiors, the India spec model will continue to sport the same theme as seen on the Style Plus trim.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviablackedition.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviaonyxedition.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 14:07   #2658
BHPian

Small Updates lead to big smiles!

Made the following small changes to the car over the last weekend (with my dear friend newtonmeter (hat tip sir!)) and am super happy with the outcome:

1. Needle sweep activated by VCDS

2. Laptimer activated!
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5e92.jpg

3. Changed the puddle lamps to LED- much better now

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5e5d.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5e5f.jpg

4. Changed the yellow light to white in headlamps so the design highlight is even better now.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-unadjustednonraw_thumb_5e5e.jpg

Ordered the VCDS 16.8 since we could not explore the BCM fully with 15.7. Also ordered the original Audi A3 number plate lights with LED in them!

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 09:43   #2659
BHPian

How did you do the lap timer thing? Through VCDS?
Old 13th February 2017, 08:44   #2660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Small Updates lead to big smiles!

Ordered the VCDS 16.8 since we could not explore the BCM fully with 15.7. Also ordered the original Audi A3 number plate lights with LED in them!

Rohan
Audi A3 number plate lights again through the same dealer or someone else. Do let me also know the co-ordinates.
Old 13th February 2017, 12:01   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
How did you do the lap timer thing? Through VCDS?

Yup, done through VCDS. The Octavia now comes with the high line maxidot cluster- so easy to do this. In fact the lap timer also gives you proper statistics over the course of laps you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Audi A3 number plate lights again through the same dealer or someone else. Do let me also know the co-ordinates.

Not the same guy. This is through aliexpress.
Old 14th February 2017, 17:35   #2662
Distinguished - BHPian

Given the face-lifted Octavia's reviews in UK Autoexpress, I'll be surprised if we get the 1.8 TSI any more. All SKD/CKD kits are sourced from the mother plant at CZ and Skoda India will probably standardize on the 1.4 TSi in petrol and retain the 2.0 TDi diesel.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/o...acelift-review
Old 14th February 2017, 19:35   #2663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Given the face-lifted Octavia's reviews in UK Autoexpress, I'll be surprised if we get the 1.8 TSI any more. All SKD/CKD kits are sourced from the mother plant at CZ and Skoda India will probably standardize on the 1.4 TSi in petrol and retain the 2.0 TDi diesel.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/o...acelift-review
I belive that was expected. First Audi A4 downsized to 1.4TSi, and then A3 getting the 1.4TSi clearly indicated that 1.8TSi would be killed soon in all VAG cars. I guess the power will drop from 180bhp to 150bhp with the 1.4TSi. Sad indeed!
Old 15th February 2017, 08:37   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Facelift in many parts of Europe is indeed launched with the 1.8 TSI. Don't see why they would stop one of the most successful engines being sold in India since over a decade. Strategies of Audi and other group cars has no bearing on Skoda in my opinion. The A3 is a much much smaller car. Further, new A4 shares the 1.4 TSI mainly for costs. The engine assembly for Audi cars and Skoda cars is a difference of night and day. Although the same block, they're completely different in terms of reliability.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 12:50   #2665
Senior - BHPian

Skoda introduces Octavia ONYX limited edition in India

Skoda has revealed details about the Octavia ONYX edition in India, which gets some cosmetic tweaks, while remaining mechanically unchanged. It will be available with both petrol and diesel engine options but will be on sale for a limited period of time.

Changes made to the Octavia ONYX edition include a new set of 16-inch Premia black alloy wheels, black ORVMs, a body-coloured rear spoiler and new door sills. The ONYX edition is being offered only with the top-end Style Plus variant. As a result, it comes loaded with Bi-Xenon projector headlamps that also feature Adaptive Frontlight System (AFS), which automatically adjusts the headlights based on the driving conditions. Other features available with the limited edition Octavia include 12-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory function and a panoramic sunroof.

The Octavia ONYX is available with two engine options - a petrol and a diesel. The 1.8-litre TSI petrol unit churns out 177 BHP and 250 Nm of torque, while being mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox. On the other hand, the 2.0-litre TDI diesel motor is available with a 6-speed DSG and develops 141 BHP and 320 Nm of torque.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-c4rg8jjweai1unz.jpg
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 20:04   #2666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Skoda introduces Octavia ONYX limited edition in India

Changes made to the Octavia ONYX edition include a new set of 16-inch Premia black alloy wheels, black ORVMs, a body-coloured rear spoiler and new door sills.
As per my calculations from the Accessories section of the India website:

Black mirror covers: ~Rs. 3k (assuming for a set)
Side foils: ~Rs. 6k (assuming for a set)
Spoiler: ~Rs. 6k (with painting)
Door sill covers: ~6k if providing Alu silver or ~3k for black plastic ones
16" Premia alloys: Assuming they are roughly the same cost as the OEM Minoris ones
Black grill (TBC?): Assuming same cost as standard grill

So roughly 15/20k worth extra in real life which is roughly what Autocar India is saying the increase will be over the Style Plus variant.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th February 2017 at 20:05. Reason: Clarify
Old 15th February 2017, 20:09   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Skoda has revealed details about the Octavia ONYX edition in India, which gets some cosmetic tweaks, while remaining mechanically unchanged.
So its most definitely the Stock Clearance edition I had predicted earlier. Knowing Skoda's sales and budget in India, I'd wager that is all they can do .
Old 15th February 2017, 20:26   #2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
So its most definitely the Stock Clearance edition I had predicted earlier. Knowing Skoda's sales and budget in India, I'd wager that is all they can do .
Yes, considering that skoda will be bringing in the face lifted 2017 edition sometime soon, this surely seems to be stock clearance. All seem to be basic add-ons. Also validates perhaps that the 2017 edition is coming sooner than later.

so now we have facelifted Toyota and Octavia coming up next few months...and I need to decide on an automatic now! dilemmas of life :(
Old 16th February 2017, 08:39   #2669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its not a bad thing right? They have to clear the stock, either sells it on a huge discount or jazz it up a bit without taking a price-hit; they chose the latter.
Old 17th February 2017, 23:47   #2670
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to understand if there is a way to get the extended warranty (Year 3 and 4) cover for a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG if its already a 1+ year old car (Registered in Jan 2016).

If yes, how much would it cost? I didn't quite happen to find this information on the Skoda website nor on this forum.Would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.

Last edited by Kimified : 17th February 2017 at 23:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks