Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 19:43   #3466
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

A question to people who have taken delivery of a white or quartz grey Octavia in the last two months, what was the month of manufacture for your car?

Old 18th May 2019, 20:58   #3467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
A question to people who have taken delivery of a white or quartz grey Octavia in the last two months, what was the month of manufacture for your car?

I got a march '19 make delivered 10 days back, quartz grey.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 21:13   #3468
BHPian

Quote:

Mine was a Apr'19, Quartz grey Style TDI MT. Took delivery on 9th May
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 12:39   #3469
BHPian

Quote:

I'm expecting delivery this coming week, dealer has shared the VIN which confirms April 2019 manufacturing date. It's a white Octavia Style 1.8 TSI.

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 16:25   #3470

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy1010 View Post
Small update : my wife went to see the car and was surprised to see scratches on the B pillar panels. I wanted to ask members here , if I should refuse to take the car( buying a new car, knowing this) , or take it and get it removed during ceramic coating - if they can! Dealer of course says it's not a problem and these scratches are barely visible. But it's not! I know, easiest option could also be to get them wrapped, since they are extremely scratch prone.

They actually got the car delivered in a week after booking - so I know dealer can always say, "replacement car might take weeks ". Any suggestions?

Quick update : CEO is giving a written commitment that the panels have been ordered from Cz. Will be installed when they come. I'm finally going ahead with the delivery tomorrow. Dealer says by evening, car should be delivered.

So far, dealer has been able to prove that they aren't hiding anything and I don't really see a reason to doubt them. Yes, a discount wouldn't have hurt me, but then, I've tried!
Old 20th May 2019, 18:35   #3471
BHPian

Quote:

A white Ambition diesel manual will be delivered next week.
dieselhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 20:20   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I got a march '19 make delivered 10 days back, quartz grey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
Mine was a Apr'19, Quartz grey Style TDI MT. Took delivery on 9th May
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
I'm expecting delivery this coming week, dealer has shared the VIN which confirms April 2019 manufacturing date. It's a white Octavia Style 1.8 TSI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
A white Ambition diesel manual will be delivered next week.
Thank you for the reply guys. I asked this because i wanted to have an idea on the manufacturing month for recent orders/dispatches.
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:38   #3473

Question to long term owners: How have the beige interiors and leather held up over the years?

Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:29   #3474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post
Question to long term owners: How have the beige interiors and leather held up over the years?
Really well, with some TLC once every 6 months or so and driving with the windows up.

The leather seat bases will develop scuff marks in 3-4 yrs if you are used to keeping stuff in your back pockets, these can be avoided by putting a towel/cloth on the seat base.

The holds up really well.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:35   #3475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
In my ~3.5 year experience with my Style Plus, the leather used and the stitching / padding etc. is of high quality and does not show its age if maintained correctly.

You need to be careful of sharp edges if loading anything onto the seats but nothing much else. My driver seat gets much more soiled especially if I wear jeans and regular professional cleaning is a must.

On another note, my other DRL is now yellowed on its own. Visiting my dealer next week for warranty replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-drl-1-cropped.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-drl-2-cropped.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2019, 13:49   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

On another note, my other DRL is now yellowed on its own. Visiting my dealer next week for warranty replacement.
Is this a known issue ? I have seen numerous Octavia's with yellow DRL's and non-functioning DRL. Aren't the LED's supposed to last a lifetime of the car?
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:09   #3477
BHPian

Quote:
How have the beige interiors and leather held up over the years?
Much better than I expected. Mine's crossed 5 years and almost 90k kms. Here's a few pics.

Brand New:
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-interior.jpg

After 5 years. The 5 years included my two kids, now 7 and 5 years old. I did an interior cleaning couple of months back.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_1683.jpg Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_1686.jpg
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_1687.jpg
joethomasv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:35   #3478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Is this a known issue ? I have seen numerous Octavia's with yellow DRL's and non-functioning DRL. Aren't the LED's supposed to last a lifetime of the car?
Their lifetime seems to be around 3 - 4 years as per my experience. Haven't seen any facelifted failures though. Skoda usually replaces under warranty unless there is visible impact damage.

Expensive at nearly 25K each I've been told.
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:18   #3479
BHPian

I had booked the Octy Ambition diesel manual on the 16th of May and was told a tentative delivery around 1st week of June to which I agreed. I had also told them that I would make rest of the payment once I see the vehicle physically. But to horror, I was today told by Trinity Skoda,Bhubaneswar that I need to make payment as the car is being transferred from Simla,HP through inter dealership transfer. I made it very clear that I wont pay any money before the car arrives in the dealership and I do a physical inspection.Else I would cancel the booking.Awaiting confirmation. Anyone faced a similar issue?
Old 22nd May 2019, 23:25   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
I had booked the Octy Ambition diesel manual on the 16th of May and was told a tentative delivery around 1st week of June to which I agreed. I had also told them that I would make rest of the payment once I see the vehicle physically. But to horror, I was today told by Trinity Skoda,Bhubaneswar that I need to make payment as the car is being transferred from Simla,HP through inter dealership transfer. I made it very clear that I wont pay any money before the car arrives in the dealership and I do a physical inspection.Else I would cancel the booking.Awaiting confirmation. Anyone faced a similar issue?
I don't think it is a good idea to make the payment without even looking at the car. Better back out in peace.

I'm getting the delivery of a diesel L&K this week. The dealer refused to share the VIN number before making the full payment, but he eventually agreed to give the VIN a couple of hours before making the payment. It was an APRIL 2019 manufacture as he said.

So far so good!
br_876 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks