Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 19:08   #3826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
T-Roc is going to be a Brezza sized mini SUV, which is most likely to get the new 1.0 L, 3 cylinder turbo engine (and may be 1.6 diesel as well.
No the T-Roc will get Volkswagen's 1.5 EVO TSI engine. It will be the same engine that is likely to power the MK4 Octavia, Karoq and the T-Roc.
The T-Roc goes up against the Compass and other SUV in it's segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
decided to wait for a few days for the unveiling of the new Skoda, I think it is at the Frankfurt motor show isn't it ?

Skoda will hold a exclusive event on Monday, i.e, 11th November for the launch of the new Octavia. I guess this will be the last launch for the year.

Also does anyone know if the VW T-Roc is being launch in Jan. 2020. Would that be a good alternative to the Octavia 1.8tsi ?
As CarandBike already mentioned, there is slew of launches coming up from the Volkswagen/Skoda stable from 2020 starting with the T-Roc ( launch likely in AutoExpo ) followed by the Tiguan AllSpace and then the Karoq.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th November 2019 at 19:53. Reason: Please edit / mulit-quote your posts instead of posting back to back posts within 30 minutes on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 8th November 2019, 20:05   #3827
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
My question is - Does the suspension really develop any problem after switching over to after market alloys?
The other option is to paint the alloys instead of replacing them, but I'm highy doubtful about the durability of the paint/coating.
Please advise.
It's just BS, to give them a chance to deny warranty on suspension components. If you are upsizing or staggering with spacers, there is some value to that argument, but how will fitting the same size different alloys do anything to the working of the suspension ? This is again cheap fear mongering, either to hard sell different OEM alloys to you, or to plant the idea into your head that if you wish to do anything at all to your car, you better get it done only from their dealership, to 'protect warranty'.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:24   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
No the T-Roc will get Volkswagen's 1.5 EVO TSI engine. It will be the same engine that is likely to power the MK4 Octavia, Karoq and the T-Roc.
The T-Roc goes up against the Compass and other SUV in it's segment.
I think you are right. Probably what I mentioned applies to T-Cross.
Old 9th November 2019, 00:18   #3829
BHPian

Hi,
I took delivery of Octavia Onyx 1.8 TSI in race blue colour. The car is truly value for money in all respects. The driving experience is truly exceptional. I am just adding a pic. Will add more pics and details soon.

I am thankful to everyone for the guidance.

Thanks and regards

Sumesh
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20191107_161334.jpg  

Sumesh_Jazz is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 09:23   #3830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post
Hi,
I took delivery of Octavia Onyx 1.8 TSI in race blue colour. The car is truly value for money in all respects. The driving experience is truly exceptional. I am just adding a pic. Will add more pics and details soon.

Thanks and regards

Sumesh
Super!!! Looks very different to any other sedan just because of that unique colour.

One suggestion is that the black Premia alloys are not gelling with the chrome lining on the windows. Better to wrap the latter I think unless you're considering changing the alloys to the normal silver.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 10:37   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks and regards

Sumesh

Congratulations Sumesh. Great choice & colour. Advice would be to wrap the Chrome window sill linings in black. They look odd because the Wing mirrors are also black & there's a black strip on your doors. The black alloys look stunning IMHO.
Sanjeev911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 10:46   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Super!!! Looks very different to any other sedan just because of that unique colour.
Is this blue shade same as the VRS version blue or is it some different shade altogether? Difficult to tell from the pics but it does seem to be the same colour.
Old 9th November 2019, 12:08   #3833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Is this blue shade same as the VRS version blue or is it some different shade altogether? Difficult to tell from the pics but it does seem to be the same colour.
VAG likes BLUE !

Race Blue: Octavia 1.8 (discontinued early on IIRC) & 2.0 vRS
Lapiz Blue: Octavia / Rapid Onyx & Polo special editions
Silk Blue: Jetta (towards the end of the run IIRC)
Vento: Shadow Blue which was replaced in ~2017 by Night Blue
Old 9th November 2019, 12:32   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
VAG likes BLUE !

Race Blue: Octavia 1.8 (discontinued early on IIRC) & 2.0 vRS
Lapiz Blue: Octavia / Rapid Onyx & Polo special editions
Nope,it's the race blue colour on the Octavia onyx edition too.The lapiz blue shade is a bit darker than the race blue.Comparing pics of the Octavia onyx and vRS to my eyes looks ditto
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 12:48   #3835

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks and regards

Sumesh
Congratulations Sumesh_Jazz! That is one good looking car! Happy mile munching to you!
773.raviteja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 13:44   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Just visited Skoda Dealer in Hyderabad. Octavia Style in bot 1.4 and 1.8 TSI is not available anymore. Only options are Onyx and L&K. No discount on Onyx. Did not check on Diesel.
Old 9th November 2019, 14:28   #3837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Nope,it's the race blue colour on the Octavia onyx edition too.The lapiz blue shade is a bit darker than the race blue.Comparing pics of the Octavia onyx and vRS to my eyes looks ditto
Don't think so but I'm not an expert. The Lapiz Blue looks far darker than the Race Blue to my eyes.

Lapiz Blue: code LD5K
https://www.jawel.co.uk/index.php?ma...oducts_id=4125
https://colorndrive.com/gb/touch-up-...146585/details

Race Blue: code 8X8X
https://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b...lic-hfb381084x
https://eshop.skoda-auto.com/wcsstor...tuzky_2019.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lakove_spreje_a_tuzky_2019.pdf (819.4 KB, 591 views)

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th November 2019 at 14:29.
Old 9th November 2019, 15:38   #3838
BHPian

The blue colour offered in Octavia Onyx as well as Octavia VRS is the same "Race Blue". This can be found in the official launch news of both the cars in Skoda india website.

The colour offered in Rapid Onyx is Lapiz Blue.

Regards,
Sumesh
Sumesh_Jazz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:22   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think so but I'm not an expert. The Lapiz Blue looks far darker than the Race Blue to my eyes.
Same with me ,not an expert but had done a lot of research into the race blue colour when we were thinking of buying an Octavia.I and my dad used to literally spend days figuring whether we should go for the race blue or the black.
Ended up not buying either
The onyx edition seems to be a stickering job on the Style variants along with the all black alcantara interiors

Last edited by TSIVTEC : 9th November 2019 at 16:25.
Old 9th November 2019, 18:39   #3840
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Sumesh ! You have really ignited the desire in me to go for the Octavia 1.8 Tsi instead of the Honda Civic. The only thing that bothers me is the strong possibility of discontinuation of the 1.8 TSI engine and the availability of spares a few years down the line. I maintain my cars well and intend to keep it for around 10 years.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks and regards

Sumesh
Hi Sumesh,
Do post some pics of the interior also. The test drive car they gave me was the L&K , so I haven't yet see the interiors of the Onyx. Congrats once again . Looks stunning !!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th November 2019 at 19:54. Reason: Back to back posts
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed