Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2019, 08:47   #4096
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Many Thanks guys ! So according to this, the manufacturing date of my L&K TSI is August 2019 & the sticker tape date on the car mentioned 16th Sept. So I am getting a 4-5 month old car, thats a "lil disappointing & is probably the reason for the higher year-end discounts on the L&K. High unsold inventory ! So I guess one can't have everything !!
I saw the sticker dates on the other cars, it was of Oct. 2019 on the 3 Onyx's & Aug. 2019 for the other L&K. The person incharge for the PDI showed me in his register though that my car had arrived only on 25th Dec. at their dealership from Aurangabad, or maybe Skoda has another warehouse in Northern India from where they send cars.
Old 27th December 2019, 13:56   #4097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Many Thanks guys ! So according to this, the manufacturing date of my L&K TSI is August 2019 & the sticker tape date on the car mentioned 16th Sept. So I am getting a 4-5 month old car, thats a "lil disappointing & is probably the reason for the higher year-end discounts on the L&K. High unsold inventory ! So I guess one can't have everything !!
I saw the sticker dates on the other cars, it was of Oct. 2019 on the 3 Onyx's & Aug. 2019 for the other L&K. The person incharge for the PDI showed me in his register though that my car had arrived only on 25th Dec. at their dealership from Aurangabad, or maybe Skoda has another warehouse in Northern India from where they send cars.
Timothy, I was faced with the same dilemma when I asked this question here a couple of days back. I deduced from the VIN given to me for the 1.4MT Style that it was an Aug 2019 make as well, and I was equally disappointed. I am now going ahead with the purchase despite this knowledge.

Few points to consider:
1. Aug 2019 is the month it was made in the Boleslav factory, not the date it was assembled in Aurangabad.
2. Considering that Octavia does not have a BSVI update and they would stop selling these cars in March, it makes sense that they do not import any more fresh stock from the Czech factory. Onyx perhaps was an exception and they would have imported limited numbers, is my guess.
3. Given 2 above, waiting any longer in anticipation of a freshly built car does not make sense. It is unlikely they will import fresh stocks now - the longer one waits the older an Aug 2019 built car gets. More likely that they may soon run out of stock and one may not have an Octavia to consider till end of 2020. If they are going to run out of stocks, the discounts will reduce too, very soon.

Perhaps this was an optimum time to purchase this car - when it is not too old and when the discounts are at the peak.

Your message reassures that they haven't pulled a fast one on me. Looks like all other models, except Onyx, are an Aug 2019 make.
pnvsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 17:55   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Timothy, I was faced with the same dilemma when I asked this question here a couple of days back. I deduced from the VIN given to me for the 1.4MT Style that it was an Aug 2019 make as well, and I was equally disappointed. I am now going ahead with the purchase despite this knowledge.

Perhaps this was an optimum time to purchase this car - when it is not too old and when the discounts are at the peak.

Your message reassures that they haven't pulled a fast one on me. Looks like all other models, except Onyx, are an Aug 2019 make.
This morning I gave the cheque for the full amount to the dealer. A month here & there shouldn't make a difference. Going by the logic of my car's manufacturing timelines, I am assuming the 3 Onyx's were manufactured in Sept./ early Oct. & the other L&K in July, so August manufacturing hopefully isn't that bad. Plus everyone was mentioning that the best discounts are to be had this month only.
Congratulation on your purchase of the 1.4 Tsi. I had read the review on it sometime back and its a wonderful car. You are lucky to have laid your hands on one of the very last few pieces. Here is wishing you years of happiness with your new car ! Cheers
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 22:40   #4099
BHPian

Hi guys. Since my last update regarding purchase of a used Octavia, I have been playing the waiting game. Somehow, 3-4 year old Octys with low running have been hard to come by. After waiting for 3 months, since my test drive, I am really tempted to pull the trigger on this one.

Silver 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Delhi. 2016 August Manufacture. 30,000 KM on the Odo. Mint condition on initial inspection though I will proceed with a thorough service diagnosis. Quoted price is 12L.

I was waiting on a Sep 2016 manufactured car all this while but none has come along.

Keeping in mind the risks of the service (warranty expiring in 6 months), is 12L (or hopefully slightly lower) a good enough deal to seal?
Old 28th December 2019, 22:06   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Hi guys. Since my last update regarding purchase of a used Octavia, I have been playing the waiting game. Somehow, 3-4 year old Octys with low running have been hard to come by. After waiting for 3 months, since my test drive, I am really tempted to pull the trigger on this one.

Silver 1.8 TSI Style Plus in Delhi. 2016 August Manufacture. 30,000 KM on the Odo. Mint condition on initial inspection though I will proceed with a thorough service diagnosis. Quoted price is 12L.

I was waiting on a Sep 2016 manufactured car all this while but none has come along.

Keeping in mind the risks of the service (warranty expiring in 6 months), is 12L (or hopefully slightly lower) a good enough deal to seal?
If it is in mint condition as you say and only 30K on the odo, seems like a good deal, considering a new L&K is in the region of 26 L currently. Go for it if you like it ! Cheers !
Old 28th December 2019, 22:30   #4101
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Just a small piece of advise with regards to the accessories for for the Octy. I have ditched the essential package and would be taking only the body cover and the front mud flaps. When I had gone to check the car allocated to me, in the boot I had noticed a packet lying which looked like it contained floor mats and a first aid kit. Do the foot mats come along with the car, or should I order the them separately along with boot mat ? They seem to be available on Amazon. Plus are there any other accessories that you would recommend for the car ? Look forward to your views !
Old 28th December 2019, 23:05   #4102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
Just a small piece of advise with regards to the accessories for for the Octy. I have ditched the essential package and would be taking only the body cover and the front mud flaps. When I had gone to check the car allocated to me, in the boot I had noticed a packet lying which looked like it contained floor mats and a first aid kit. Do the foot mats come along with the car, or should I order the them separately along with boot mat ? They seem to be available on Amazon. Plus are there any other accessories that you would recommend for the car ? Look forward to your views !
Timothy, floor mats are not included with the car. You have to pay for them. I took the rubber mats that are part of the accessory package. They are very good quality. The only problem is the driver side mat doesn't cover the whole carpet area near the driver's feet.

A colleague of mine has a friend in Skoda senior marketing team. He called the dealer and recommended to not charge me for the essential accessories package. But the dealer offered only floor mats and pillows at no cost. I was not really sure where there was a communication gap and didn't pursue further. Most of the stuff was not useful anyway. Just took what the dealer offered. And then I paid for the mud flaps. Liked the boot mat too, but the price was 4500 or 4700. Will think about it later.
satish_appasani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:30   #4103
BHPian

Hello again guys ! I've been on talks with various dealers for an Octavia 1.8 L&K since October. My plan was to get the car in January only. Apparently the same same offers have been going on since October (1.25L) . I had asked the Chennai dealer if I could make the booking in December and take the car in Jan for which he initially disagreed saying the discounts may vary in January and that their management doesn't want to commit as I may cancel the booking if there is a drastic reduction in the discounts offered in January. This is after I had agreed to pay 3 or 5L up-front. The SA demanded nearly 20L to be paid upfront. But today I got a call from the dealership and I got told that the dealership had contacted Skoda and that I may get the car next month with the current discounts. He was ok with me paying 3 Lakhs upfront. What should I do guys? I do think there maybe a decrease in the discounts next month as stocks become lesser and lesser. But also feel that they may increase as there is time till March and also since it's an outgoing model. Please give me suggestions. Thank you all in advance. P.S all colors are still available to pick.
Old 29th December 2019, 17:18   #4104
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
I bought in September, though I took the package, I see another layer of original footmats (carpet type) below the rubber mats.

The boot mat seems very good and I doubt same quality can be purchased elsewhere, but I'm not a fan of rubber mats inside the car (my leather soul shoes have already started drilling into the rubber surface)

The mud flaps do sometimes gets scrapped over bad wall like speed breakers.

Plus the sill plates go unused in L&K with the front already having it and rear is a waste anyways.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 18:37   #4105
Distinguished - BHPian

Consider the 3D Kagu mats (6.4K) & the OEM boot dish (5K) at 2016 prices :-). The pedal covers were from Aliexpress if I remember correctly. Also attached are the current (BLR) rates for OEM accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-bd1.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-bd2.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-k1.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-k2.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-k3.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-price.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170706_104008.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170706_132116.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th December 2019 at 18:58.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 19:11   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
Hello again guys ! I've been on talks with various dealers for an Octavia 1.8 L&K since October. My plan was to get the car in January only. Apparently the same same offers have been going on since October (1.25L) . But today I got a call from the dealership and I got told that the dealership had contacted Skoda and that I may get the car next month with the current discounts. He was ok with me paying 3 Lakhs upfront. What should I do guys? I do think there maybe a decrease in the discounts next month as stocks become lesser and lesser. But also feel that they may increase as there is time till March and also since it's an outgoing model. Please give me suggestions. Thank you all in advance. P.S all colors are still available to pick.
I had been in touch with the customer care Manager at Skoda on a certain issue and casually touched upon the prices for Jan. She was non committal on the discounts for January, saying that the dealer will advise. Then she called up on the 24th of Dec. saying that she had received an internal communication saying that the discounts would be reduced and that the prices would go up from 1st Jan. onwards. Both the dealers that I had been in touch with are saying the same.
Even if you buy the car in Jan. you will still get a 2019 model. New lots of the current model may not be shipped to India any longer and the last batch of 200 VRS may be the only cars that will come in till the new model is launched towards the end of 2020. If you are really keen on the current model, go ahead even if you have to pay 3L. BTW the discounts for Dec. are higher then what they were for Oct. / Nov. especially for L&K.
Plus do bear in mind that the Skoda has gone public saying that the current Octavia with the 1.8L engine would be discontinued end of March, means there are not that many kits left, otherwise they wouldn't have made a public announcement so early.
Hope this helps you in making the decision. Cheers !
Old 29th December 2019, 19:20   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
... the discounts for Dec. are higher then what they were for Oct. / Nov. especially for L&K....
When you say higher can you please tell me how much sir ? And also there are only 3 more days left in this year. That's why I was thinking if I should hold on or go for it right away.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:25   #4108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Consider the 3D Kagu mats (6.4K) & the OEM boot dish (5K) at 2016 prices :-). The pedal covers were from Aliexpress if I remember correctly. Also attached are the current (BLR) rates for OEM accessories.
Many Thanks, much appreciated !! where did you order the mats and boot dish from ? Was it Aliexpress? Is the boot dish also of rubber and does it fit end to end as my boot would be carrying my golf set most of the time :-)
BTW, your car seat covers look in excellent condition even after so many years! Great job with the upkeep !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I bought in September, though I took the package, I see another layer of original footmats (carpet type) below the rubber mats..
Many Thanks, much appreciated !! I had figured the pillows and the sill plates would be a waste, especially the latter for the L&K. Yeah I agree completely on the rubberised foot mats, thats also another reason why I ditched the kit. Lets see I may just stay with the carpet foot mats that come with the car....

Note from Support:

Please don't post back-to-back on the same thread. Use multi-quote instead when replying to multiple posts.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 29th December 2019 at 19:47. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:57   #4109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
When you say higher can you please tell me how much sir ? And also there are only 3 more days left in this year. That's why I was thinking if I should hold on or go for it right away.
Delhi market is very different from Chennai market and far more competitive as there are at least 6 dealers in the Delhi NCR region with each one competing against the other. The current direct discount from Skoda is 75K + 50K corporate discount, rest whatever the dealer wants to throw in... this is where the big difference is, as they have huge margins !!
In order to enjoy the Dec. discounts, my understanding is that the dealers have to raise the invoice for the car within this year. But you can take a chance & wait till Jan. End of the day, you know your situation best. Cheers & all the best with your decision.
Old 29th December 2019, 20:17   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Had another look at the pics you posted , the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats look great. But now they retail for 7.5K !!!
I will think about them as my car is still at least around a week away from delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks