Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 10:33   #4456
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtravelbug View Post
I am happy with the brightness of the original bulbs, so would like to know if your original bulbs are still available. I can't PM you due to my membership level.
I have listed the bulbs on the classifieds section, its still pending approval from mods, once its done you can buy the bulbs from there.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 13:43   #4457
BHPian

Hey Everyone,
I have not been very active on posting updates on the forum but i do try to stay updated with everyone's posts. I should definitely get working on my ownership thread soon which i have been procrastinating from the time of delivery.
June 1st marks three years since i brought my pre-face lift Octavia home. The mileage as of yesterday stands at 38,029kms, which is a fairly decent number for 28 months of effective usage.
I am yet to realise the dream of taking my car to Rameshwaram, A roadtrip along the southern coast, been on my bucket list for a while now and a BLR-Delhi-Dehradun-BLR trip which was scheduled to start on June 8th, to witness the Passing out Parade of my college buddy at IMA . Here are some pictures from 2019 till now:

This is on the way back from Avalanche Lake to our place at Ooty. Had to stop for the picturesque views
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_6707.jpg
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_6697.jpg

Porch/Pathway has always been my spot to click pictures of my vehicles over the years.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190519_033037467_ios.jpg

But for the moment, the only other picture I could only find is of my Fiesta 1.6 SXI from 2012.(Slightly off topic )
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-fiesta.jpg

My Usual Night Drive Routine: Stop by Vidhan Soudha or Cubbon Road, Step out and just look at the car and admire the clean design(Thank you Jozef Kabaň) and then enjoy the fine empty roads from Stadium-Manipal Centre-Trinity Circle-Command Hospital-Leela Palace. I'm Sure petrolheads from BLR will be able to relate to this.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190213_181728621_ios.jpg

At a friend's Tea Estate at Valparai. I'd highly recommend Valparai to those who love to drive. Brilliant roads and picturesque views that will plaster a wide ear-to-ear smile on a Petrolhead's face
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190419_111939191_ios.jpg
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190419_113951334_ios.jpg

At KIA Factory Grounds, Penukonda
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20191111_110125046_ios.jpg

A good detailing session is a must after a long roadtrip and killing a million bugs on the way!
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20191207_141051192_ios.jpg

Have to thank BHPian Nikhilb2008 for always helping me out!
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20200225_131313669_ios.jpg

My Alma Mater ends up being a pitstop while driving back home after work trips from Hosur/Krishnagiri.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20200305_182241814_ios.jpg

Last edited by nishithrao95 : 11th June 2020 at 13:46.
nishithrao95 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 17:24   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Hey Everyone,

June 1st marks three years since i brought my pre-face lift Octavia home. The mileage as of yesterday stands at 38,029kms, which is a fairly decent number for 28 months of effective usage.
Hi Nishith,
Thanks for sharing the lovely photographs. Very captivating images indeed !
I was wondering if you could share with us the maintenance costs that you have had to incur in your 3 years of ownership, & any major parts replacement during this period that you had to deal with.
Cheers and Happy motoring !
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 21:32   #4459
BHPian

Hi Octavian's!
Hope all of you are taking care in the Covid-19 situation! I completed 1 year Ownership of Style TDI MT this May and thought will share highlights of my experience. First of all last 3 months have been extremely hard keeping the elegant beast in the garage with the weekly 15 minute drive/idling routine. June on-ward's i started going on longer drives within Bangalore - city rides and sometimes outskirts(Airport road, NICE etc.). The 1 year experience has been very fulfilling and am relieved not to have faced either any car problems nor service issues.
-> Got the first free service done(Skoda SMP package) at TAFE, Hosur road. The response and service was excellent even though i had to follow up due to the Covid-19 situation which was obvious. Was charged Rs.79 for the protection gear(steering, gear knob and seat cover). Every query and issue was addressed professionally by my SA at TAFE right from the time of drop till pick-up.
-> Traveled 14.5K kms which included Goa, South/North Canara, Kodagu etc.
-> Insurance provider changed from Bajaj Allianz to Tata AIG..premium 40K
-> Windshield replacement(stone hit) and Rocker panel dent removal(below LHS Front door) were my sad stories this year, former pure bad luck and latter impatience/presence of mind issue
-> Added ddpai dash cam, 3D mats, Lexol leather polishing(DIY) and a few other minor accessories
-> Topped up Engine oil(5W 30 instead of 5W 40 which ASS use) at around 10k kms
-> Happy to have not had major ground clearance issues even though have traveled on some really bad/untarred terrains. This was one major concern during the research to finalize the purchase of Octavia

One add-on which am still thinking about during the 2nd year is Ceramic coating! Maybe others too considering the limited option of road trips for next few months, might as well keep busy with some accessory fittings/DIY's!

Regards, Santosh
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 22:16   #4460
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pictures Nishith! Here are some from my side after 4.5 years & 58K km:

A few more including my second Dr. Jekyll :-), as well as the massive loading area with seats folded and my paddle shift extenders.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200517_095929__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-16.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-91.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-17.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-4.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20170320_184224_hht.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-121.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-3.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-151.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-6.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-14.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-7.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-131.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-8.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-pse2.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-9.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-pse3.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-10.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-pse5.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-pse6.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2020 at 23:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks! :)
itwasntme is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:29   #4461
BHPian

Hi guys,
A careless cyclist brushed his cycle against my
6 month old Octavia leading to a long and deep scratch mark on the left rear door. Thankfully, the damage is only to the paint job and not to the sheet metal underneath.

My question is - Do I get the panel repainted from the neighborhood painter or approach some reputed paint shops ?
The neighborhood guy assures me that the paint will be a close match to the original colour but I don't want to take a chance.
Do refer some reputed paint shops in Delhi/NCR.
Thanks.
Old 15th June 2020, 06:20   #4462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Hi guys,
A careless cyclist brushed his cycle against my
6 month old Octavia leading to a long and deep scratch mark on the left rear door. Thankfully, the damage is only to the paint job and not to the sheet metal underneath.
What colour is your car and can you post some high-resolution pictures please?
Old 15th June 2020, 09:44   #4463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What colour is your car and can you post some high-resolution pictures please?
See if this helps. The Race Blue colour.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20200614_181941.jpg  

Old 15th June 2020, 10:35   #4464
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about trying to just fill the scratch. This full panel painting hasn't ever worked for me. No matter, where you get it painted, it eventually looses shine or in bright colours like your car, they seem to loose the brightness too. If that wasn't enough, new scratches come much easier on repainted surfaces.
SLK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:58   #4465

Quote:
That is really sad to see. I would suggest checking with the Skoda service centre as well. We found a tiny paint chip in our Octavia while performing PDI in the stock yard, they did an amazing job in fixing it.

Also, sightly off topic, but how does one deal with such a situation? Did you get the cyclist to fork out any cash, file a case against him or just let him go?
Old 15th June 2020, 11:45   #4466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgascng View Post
That is really sad to see. I would suggest checking with the Skoda service centre as well. We found a tiny paint chip in our Octavia while performing PDI in the stock yard, they did an amazing job in fixing it.

Also, sightly off topic, but how does one deal with such a situation? Did you get the cyclist to fork out any cash, file a case against him or just let him go?
Yes, I'm also thinking of contacting the authorized service centre. Let's see what they suggest..

As for the cyclist, I decided to let him go, no use in aggravating the matter. It seldom bears any fruit, particularly when you are dealing with a poor man..
Almetal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 14:24   #4467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I'm also thinking of contacting the authorized service centre. Let's see what they suggest..

As for the cyclist, I decided to let him go, no use in aggravating the matter. It seldom bears any fruit, particularly when you are dealing with a poor man..
That is nice of you, until i am absolutely sure a damage was done with some malicious intent, i usually don't get into such discussion myself.

Coming to the scratch, you can maybe look at putting a sticker there, it will enhance the look and also hide the scratch. You can go to any sticker shop and find a nice design covering that portion.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 15:54   #4468
BHPian

Quote:
Take it to the service centre and see if they are able to fix it. I had something similar happen several years back on my brand new Ford Ikon. But in that case it was a motorcycle wherein the driver kind of lost control and badly grazed both the doors and causing a dent also along the gash line

I had the company fix it and they did an amazing job. But that gash was much deeper. In your case they can smoothen it out with application of paint putty and then painting just the affected area with the matching colour. Is there a small dent also above the door handle, close to the door line ? Could be a reflection but seems like a small dent, you would know it better. In case the company insists on painting the full door panels then take it to local painter. I would recommend the car repair market next to Bhikaji Cama Place on Ring Road in South Delhi i.e. opposite the Hyatt Regency Delhi. Just do a recce and you should be able to find a good denter & painter to do the job. I have seen so many people bringing in their Beamers & Mercs for touching up and paint repair job, including from the close-by Diplomatic missions and on one occasion noticed even a RR being brought in for a paint touch up job. Earlier the market used to be closed on Mondays, just google and check before you go.

Hope this helps. Cheers !!

Last edited by Timothy : 15th June 2020 at 16:06.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 16:12   #4469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Take it to the service centre and see if they are able to fix it.

I had the company fix it and they did an amazing job. In your case they can smoothen it out with application of paint putty and then painting just the affected area with the matching colour. Is there a small dent also above the door handle, close to the door line ? In case the company insists on painting the full door panels then take it to local painter. I would recommend the car repair market next to Bhikaji Cama Place

Hope this helps. Cheers !!
The Skoda A.S.S/ Body Shop is quoting a price which is over 5 times that of the neighborhood painter.!
Just not worth it, considering that the paint shade is easily available with any reputed paint dealer. I can just buy the paint and get it done from my painter.

Yes, there's a very small dent near the door handle (you've a keen eye indeed.!) but I've decided to let it be, it's hardly noticeable.

Will check out the Bhikaji Cama place.
Thanks a ton..
Old 15th June 2020, 16:57   #4470
Distinguished - BHPian

Next-gen Skoda Octavia to be launched in India in February 2021 .

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks