Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 17:14   #4876
BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post

DSG gear box change outside the warranty period may cost you around 1.5 L. However, there has been instances where goodwill warranty has been provided by Skoda.

As it is a 2019 model, extended warranty is available as of date. I am pretty sure of this, as I just got the the extended warranty 2-3 days ago for my 2019 Octavia.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 17:25   #4877
BHPian

UPDATE

Hi all,
My warranty claim for replacement of the broken Multifunction Scroller Wheel is still pending.

ASC has offered 50% goodwill warranty saying it's a case of mishandling and not a manufacturing defect. So warranty can't be approved.

Needless to mention, I refused to go ahead with the proposal. I already have approached Skoda Customer care to intervene & resolve the matter soon.
Ironically, when the Service Manager spoke to me on phone, he was more interested in selling the Extended Warranty for my Car rather than attending my present warranty claim.

Herewith attaching 2 screenshots of excerpts of the email communication for your reference.
Please see and share opinions.
Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-asc-proposal_20210708__01__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-my-reply_20210708.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 8th July 2021 at 17:44. Reason: Addition
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 17:38   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
As it is a 2019 model, extended warranty is available as of date. I am pretty sure of this, as I just got the the extended warranty 2-3 days ago for my 2019 Octavia.
Not all 2019 Octavia will have the extended warranty. It is applicable only if the owner had bought Skoda shield or purchased it separately. I know someone who opted out of EW at the time of purchase as he wanted to reduce the on road price.

Last edited by Lambydude : 8th July 2021 at 17:46.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 18:06   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Not all 2019 Octavia will have the extended warranty. It is applicable only if the owner had bought Skoda shield or purchased it separately. I know someone who opted out of EW at the time of purchase as he wanted to reduce the on road price.
If you mean the Skoda insurance with bells and whistles, I haven't bought Skoda shield at all. I had just bought the car, though insurance was bought from outside initially and even the renewals are from outside. In fact, as I had bought the car from different state, even registration was done by me. I had just paid for the car and had bought their 4-year service package, that's it!

I had bought it in July '19 and hadn't opted for extended warranty then. In fact, it had slipped out of my mind about it. And just last week, when it was pointed out by the Service Advisor, when my car went for servicing, I had requested him to send me the payment link.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 19:38   #4880
tud
BHPian

Quote:
A 2019 well maintained Octavia 1.8 TSI should cost around 19-20 Lacs in Bangalore. Again, used car market prices in Bangalore are a bit higher compared to other cities.

However, you haven't told the variant ( L&K or Style Plus) and whether the car has Extended warranty or not. Depending upon that the prices may changes +- 1 lac.

DSG gear box change outside the warranty period may cost you around 1.5 L. However, there has been instances where goodwill warranty has been provided by Skoda.
Thank you for the quick response. The ballpark price will definitely help. It is a L&K variant.

I'm not sure of the extended warranty but as the four year warranty is still active, I should be able to purchase for additional 2 years.

Quote:
Can you share the extended warranty price if you don't mind.

Quote:
Is Skoda Shield the name of their warranty program or insurance package. This car in question is insured with ICICI.
Old 9th July 2021, 05:33   #4881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
The ballpark price will definitely help. It is a L&K variant.

Can you share the extended warranty price if you don't mind.
Hi tud,
If it's Octavia 1.8 tsi L&K then it's a great car. You'll surely enjoy driving it.

Even at 19L, it'll be a great deal in my opinion. However, do check the service history first at Skoda ASC.

For EW of 5th and 6th yr, you'll have to pay ₹ 55k+ gst. Plz check with ASC or online in My Skoda app.

Hope this helps you..
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot_20210403195236.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 13:23   #4882
BHPian

Quote:
Not necessary. I did not purchase any skoda shield. And got the extended warranty last year, near the end of second year.

Quote:
Is Skoda Shield the name of their warranty program or insurance package. This car in question is insured with ICICI.
Should not be a problem. My Octavia's insurance was also with ICICI. Initially when the EW program was launched there were conditions like Skoda shield and insurance with Bajaj Finance were necessary. Subsequently all these conditions were removed.

Last edited by Karvel : 9th July 2021 at 13:27.
Old 9th July 2021, 18:09   #4883
BHPian

3 Years and 17000 kms later (yeah, thats not a typo) , the annual maintenance was due. When we bought the car it was intended to be a highway tourer with multiple trips envisioned , so we had opted for the 4 year service package. Life and other factors came in the way and the car ended up a garage queen. When the service engineer was creating the job card and he got to the Odometer I cringed and gave a 100 reasons why it hadnt run much. I must have repeated "Lockdown" and "Corona" more than twice. Anyway the reason Im posting here is because across multiple pages on this thread there is mostly talk of parts failing and Service centers either not knowing what they are doing or not caring any less.
Our car has had its share of failures (Early dead battery syndrome and Leaky engine bay courtesy the coolant housing). Through all this I have only had stellar support from the Salem A.S.S (S7 Cars). I have interacted with multiple Service Advisors and mechanics there and not once have felt the need to escalate to anyone or go elsewhere for answers. They run the shop floor like a well oiled machine and have no issues if I want to examine some part of the work being carried out. I normally want to be around when the car is hoisted on the ramp and the wheels are removed, however I take care not to interfere least I lose my privileges.
This service was no different and the regular preventive maintenance work was carried out to my complete satisfaction. What really impressed me was the level of attention they were giving to cars even where the owner was not around, very confidence inspiring. Hopefully they keep up the good work. I still have a year to decide if I go with renewing the extended warranty or let go of the car, but for now at least I know if I keep the car I have a place to get it taken care off to my satisfaction.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-dsc_0287.jpg
deepfreak15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 20:02   #4884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
I still have a year to decide if I go with renewing the extended warranty or let go of the car, but for now at least I know if I keep the car I have a place to get it taken care off to my satisfaction.

[/center]
Unless you are upgrading to Big 3 or need a SUV for any reason, there is no worthy replacement. I was in a similar situation last year (have a Diesel) and realised only worthy replacement is 330i and not ready to spend that kind of money, mainly considering the depreciation. Your car has only run 17k, so my suggestion is to renew extended warranty and keep it

Quote:
Looking for some advice from the auto experts:

I'm looking for an upgrade from my 9 years old hatch back and was considering a crossover (Creta/Harrier) or a C segment sedan (City/Verna).

An acquaintance is selling his 2019 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi. The car has done a little above 10000 kms. The used Octavia will be pretty much in the price range of the new cars I've mentioned (+ 2 - 3 lakhs). Is this a good option?
If you are aware of the cars history and confident you should go with it. Your other options are not even half match to Octavia on almost all parameters.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 12:03   #4885
BHPian

Replaced Tyres

After scratching my head for a long time and with lot of reading through this forum and with some experience sharing of other BHPians, finally decided to go in for Michelin P4ST. I didn't upsize, as I wasn't sure if it would have affected the warranty, which is valid till 2025. Replaced with the same size of tyres.

The road noise is, virtually nil, and I was really taken aback by its huge change during my short trips since yesterday and most of it was within the city. I could hear the noise of gearbox, similar to EVs and no other sounds at all. It is really serene to the ears. Will go in for a long highway driving in a day or two, and will see the change in comfort too.

Now, I realize that I should have changed the wheels immediately after the delivery. Anyway better late than never.
K.grg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 12:15   #4886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Replaced Tyres

After scratching my head for a long time and with lot of reading through this forum and with some experience sharing of other BHPians, finally decided to go in for Michelin P4ST.
Now, I realize that I should have changed the wheels immediately after the delivery. Anyway better late than never.
Good to hear. I had made the same mistake but later moved to P3ST.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the final outlay and manufacturing date?
Old 13th July 2021, 12:19   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Good to hear. I had made the same mistake but later moved to P3ST.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the final outlay and manufacturing date?
I paid 9400 per tyre, including balancing and alignment. Car washing and internal cleaning was thrown in for free. The manufacturing year was 2021.
K.grg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 00:41   #4888
BHPian

Re: Tyres for my 1.8 TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For comfort-oriented drivers, I would recommend the Michelin Primacy 4 ST or P4ST which also offers a higher life of the tyre + a cheaper price.

For the more sporty minded who doesn't mind a lower tyre life and spending some more: the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ST or PS4ST.

You cannot go wrong with either to be honest.
I put pilot sport 4 on my Octavia TSI. So far I've done 23000Km with these tyres but absolutely no sign of grip loss. Tyres look good for atleast another 25000Km. Tyre life for PS4 is far better than stock Goodyears which started loosing grip at 15000Km itself.

I wanted to get Primacy 4 but they were not available. I wonder if ride quality is better with those. Pilot sport do make one feel the sharper edges inside the cabin but overall they are far better than Goodyears. Also I got made in Thailand stock which might be more suitable for India.
vikrantshete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 23:14   #4889
BHPian

Hi all,

Update:
The warranty claim is still pending on account of some rigid stand (according to me) by the ASC even after my emails to Mr.Zac and to Skoda Customer care.
However, I sense things have been expedited after involving Mr.Zac.

(Still I've made up my mind to go for 'Fevikwik jugaad' in the worst scenario). Period.

Tyre Change:
Recently this has been on priority of many Octavians here and so was the case for me also.
In fact, I was observing a bit of abnormal noise mostly at slow speeds, either due to hardening of rubber or some 'flat-spot/s' on the external surface of the stock GY NCTs that have done 23+k kms by now within 44 months.

Anyways, I then had some personal chats with the fellow experts on forum. Special thanks to itwasn'tme and shankar.balan for helping me finalize the desired make/model in accordance with a quiet, grippy driving. Also it was the performance and comfort, that I was keenly looking for.

Needless to say, the final verdict went unanimously in favor of Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Michelin due to the prevailing import restrictions, are out of stock at most of the dealers here in Maharashtra.
Then I spoke to Nikhilb2008 from Madhus Tyre Care, Bangalore who came to rescue by arranging for a fresh set of the same series (09-10/21 manufactured) with the stock specs.

Finally, the parcel has reached Sangli office of Safepress Logistics today and it would be delivered to me by tomorrow.

That's enough for now, will update further details soon after fitment and early experience.
Cheers,
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 23:18   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Hi all,

[

Needless to say, the final verdict went unanimously in favor of Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Michelin due to the prevailing import restrictions, are out of stock at most of the dealers here in Maharashtra.
Then I spoke to Nikhilb2008 from Madhus Tyre Care, Bangalore who came to rescue by arranging for a fresh set of the same series (09-10/21 manufactured) with the stock specs.

Cheers,
Excellent! What was the price you were given? I might be going to get the same set tomorrow in Pune and i am being quoted 10k per tyre including the usual things like balancing,nitrogen etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks