Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 23:41   #4891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
Needless to say, the final verdict went unanimously in favor of Michelin Pilot Sport 4.
On Michelin India website it lists only Michelin P4ST which stands for Primacy 4 Silent Tuned.

Website only lists Michelin Pilot Sport for
1. Pilot Sport 4 SUV
2. Pilot Super Sport.

which neither would fit Octavia.

Could you recheck its P4ST or PS4?
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 23:47   #4892
BHPian

I was sent the attached photo. 2021 Pilot Sport 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-b5fb2fb29f8b4969b4b854227a8b3a48.jpeg  

pickdj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 06:46   #4893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
On Michelin India website it lists only Michelin P4ST which stands for Primacy 4 Silent Tuned.
It's very much PS4. Michelin India's website is usually inaccurate about both tyre lines and size availability.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:16   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Could you recheck its P4ST or PS4?
Yes, of course, it's Pilot Sport 4 ST with specs 205/55 ZR16 94W just the same displayed in pic shared by pickdj

In fact, a little bit comedy of errors was observed while dispatching the consignment, but somehow it was caught in time by me when I checked the shared pic of a tyre and intervened immediately.
Otherwise a set of correct PS4 ones with different 205/45 R17 specs was almost loaded. The parcel was then called back from transporter & duly replaced with the correct ones.

Received the consignment in the noon.
Got the tyres replaced & what a change!
It's all an entirely different story now.
The car drives smooth literally like 'butter'.
Really enjoyed the journey back home..

Though the final deal went a bit costlier for me at 10,300 per tyre + 2500 towards transportation charges and 500 spent today for fitting/alignment etc. However, don't have any regrets at all, as this Pilot Sports 4 series is the definitely meant for performance and handling.

And according to experts, Primacy 4ST doesnt come close.

Happy to have the tyre upgrade finally after a lot of search..

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 20th July 2021 at 17:26. Reason: Correction
Dr.Vikas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:23   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, of course, it's Pilot Sport 4 ST with specs 205/55 ZR16 94W just the same displayed in pic shared by pickdj

And according to experts, Primacy 4ST doesnt come close.
Brilliant! Will do the same.
My guy also told me that the P4ST has been discontinued. Not sure if he is right or just saying it to make me buy the costly one.
Old 20th July 2021, 21:21   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Not sure if he is right or just saying it to make me buy the costly one.
It's not the matter of any costly affair, but owing to your priority you can choose the right product.

Primacy uses harder compound for greater durability and Pilot Sports uses a soft grippy compound and helps aid performance greatly.
Old 28th July 2021, 21:31   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by how_you_doing View Post
I am in Bangalore and looking to buy a

2018 Skoda Octavia
Trim - 1.8 TSI L&K
Mileage - 36000 KM

The car is in really good condition. The owner is asking for 19.5L and is not willing to come down below it.

May I know what should I quote? I believe 19.5L is on the higher side.
I bought the car

I will post pics when I get time this weekend. Right now I am trying to figure out its various features.

BTW, its start/stop button doesn't work on the first attempt. May I know if this is the problem with the button or the battery is weak?
Old 29th July 2021, 07:02   #4898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, its start/stop button doesn't work on the first attempt. May I know if this is the problem with the button or the battery is weak?
Congrats! Enjoy the stunner.

Quick question: how old is the battery? It could be either case (battery/KESSY)

Hope you got Skoda to check out the car? If not, get a paid service/diagnostic done immediately.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 10:03   #4899
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the car
Congratulation!

Quote:
What do you mean, when you say it doesn't work, 1) there is no response, like nothing happens or 2) the car tries to start but fails.

I think 1st one is a known issue with VAG start buttons and they eventually need to be replaced, while 2nd doesn't sound encouraging.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:59   #4900
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the car
Congratulations on the purchase !

For the Start/ Stop button issue, hopefully, it has to be some minor problem.

Additionally, you may check the remote key fob battery also.
Keep updating,
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 19:12   #4901
BHPian

Thanks, everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quick question: how old is the battery? It could be either case (battery/KESSY)

Hope you got Skoda to check out the car? If not, get a paid service/diagnostic done immediately.
The battery is 1 year old and was replaced by the owner under warranty. I had got it checked from Skdoa before buying and they had said the battery is perfectly fine. In fact, I have got it in writing that its gearbox, brakes, suspension, sunroof and electricals have no problem whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
What do you mean, when you say it doesn't work, 1) there is no response like nothing happens or 2) the car tries to start but fails.

I think 1st one is a known issue with VAG start buttons and they eventually need to be replaced, while 2nd doesn't sound encouraging.
It is definitely 1st. It seems the button just doesn't hit the internal circuit.

Quote:
For the Start/ Stop button issue, hopefully, it has to be some minor problem.

Additionally, you may check the remote key fob battery also.
Keep updating,
I will try with other key fobs too.

I called the service centre today and they asked to bring the car to the service centre but I guess I can manage for few months and will get it repaired with its paid service in October. I also need to buy the extended warranty for 2 years and need to get brake pads changed. So will get everything done at the same time.

The extended warranty is costing me Rs 65k. May I know how much the brake pads and normal servicing will cost me?
Old 30th July 2021, 05:56   #4902
BHPian

Warranty Claim Update:

After escalating my warranty claim towards the broken scroller wheel to Mr.Zac Hollis, first I received call from Skoda Customer Delight Manager. And then a mail also but it was entirely in support of the decision taken by the ASC.

So, I am very much convinced that any such warranty claim disposal is very much at the discretion of Skoda ASC. And the Customer Care at Skoda India would hardly differ from the decision taken by Skoda ASC.

Earlier the Service Head at the ASC had (vaguely?) submitted that my claim won't be honoured on account of the Revised Warranty Policy by Skoda India. However, even on my repeated demand for a copy of the said Revised Policy, nobody bothered to share the said document (in fact, the 'Circular' as per claimed by the Service Head).

Needless to say, I am not at all pleased with the poor 'show' of consumer grievance redressal at Skoda India. And further I am seriously thinking to seek a legal opinion in this matter, not just for the free replacement under Warranty but to expose the dual standard of honouring Warranty claims at the Skoda ASCs.

By now I've almost made up my mind to refrain from purchasing the EW due for my Octavia.

Please share your thoughts, friends.

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 30th July 2021 at 06:00.
Old 30th July 2021, 07:02   #4903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
By now I've almost made up my mind to refrain from purchasing the EW due for my Octavia.
I would recommend you to still go with the extended warranty. Though you did not receive the support you expected for the scroll wheel, the ASC and Skoda may still be within the terms when it comes to scroll wheel. If they had replaced the scroll wheel even if is not covered under warranty, it would have been an exemplary customer support though.

But when it comes to other major components like gearbox, headlights, major electronic modules, I am sure they will be covered under extended warranty and replaced without question. So do not miss covering those expensive components because of the bad experience you had with the scroll wheel.
graaja is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:55   #4904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Warranty Claim Update:

Please share your thoughts, friends.
I would suggest you go ahead with the extended warranty as it will cover more costlier parts and your risks.
The scroller, ac vents etc are clearly not covered under warranty, however considering there were many cases it would have been great to provide them as goodwill. Infact in my case they gave 75% warranty for 2 ac vents as goodwill.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 23:59   #4905
BHPian

I am looking for replacement wiper blades for my Octavia. Any suggestions? Bosch doesn't seem to have any compatible model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks