Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 20:54   #4921
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantshete View Post
Attachment 2190040I wonder if it was due to a thermostat issue all these days :/
Probably not. Have you observed the engine temperature needle climbing too high? Any signs of coolant leakage? The sensors would have alerted you I feel if things were badly wrong.

My beauty at 65K km & 5.5 years:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20210805_161523__01__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th August 2021 at 20:57.
itwasntme is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 23:10   #4922
BHPian

Pickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by how_you_doing View Post
I bought the car

BTW, its start/stop button doesn't work on the first attempt. May I know if this is the problem with the button or the battery is weak?
I took the car to Tafe Skoda last week and they replaced the button under warranty. The total bill came as Rs 800 including labor charges and Taxes.

I did have to pay rupees 1000 for picking and dropping as Skoda use 21North pickup service so it costed me total Rs 1800. Now the car start with first touch

Overall I am extremely impressed with both Skoda service centers in Bangalore - Tafe Skoda and Raja Skoda.
Old 10th August 2021, 17:05   #4923
Distinguished - BHPian

My MY16 Octavia external mirrors urgently need lubrication. Can anyone pinpoint exactly which areas to lubricate? I couldn't identify any and don't want to blindly squirt into the electrics.
Old 10th August 2021, 17:49   #4924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My MY16 Octavia external mirrors urgently need lubrication. Can anyone pinpoint exactly which areas to lubricate? I couldn't identify any and don't want to blindly squirt into the electrics.
Though not sure which areas to be lubricated, my car returned from regular service from Tafe Access Bangalore today. The external mirrors were making noise and they did a lubrication of mirrors and all doors. Charged around 850 + taxes, now no noise and much smoother.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 09:46   #4925
BHPian

Fellow members,

Need your advice on a used octy style plus 2.0 TDi AT 2015 that has done 55K. Planning to bite the bullet.

Asking price is 13L can negotiate a bit. Need some uninfluenced opinion on if I should go for this. It will be a second car mostly to be used by myself and on highways for my family of 4. I have a hatch to take care of city runabout duties, this will be. Amile cruncher doing a couple of long trips a year.

Is this a good price? Secondly, what should I be watching out for.

Get those keyboards clanking. Cheers!
Old 11th August 2021, 17:05   #4926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Fellow members,

Need your advice on a used octy style plus 2.0 TDi AT 2015 that has done 55K. Planning to bite the bullet.

Asking price is 13L can negotiate a bit. Need some uninfluenced opinion on if I should go for this. It will be a second car mostly to be used by myself and on highways for my family of 4. I have a hatch to take care of city runabout duties, this will be. Amile cruncher doing a couple of long trips a year.

Get those keyboards clanking. Cheers!
I feel TDI is very reliable and nothing much to worry, other than the regular checks that you do when you pick a used car. Mine (MT) did not face any issues in last 5.5 years other than the regular maintenance. Watch out for all the AC vents and the steering control buttons, they are flimsy and cost a lot for replacement.
Old 11th August 2021, 17:09   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post

I think 13L is reasonable. Though the car is 6 years and 1.5 generations old and is out of warranty, the on-road price of TDI was higher than TSI.

For reference, I have bought a 2018 Octavia 1.8 TSI for 18.5 Lakh which had clocked 28k KMS.

I think you need to be more concerned about it being out of warranty than trying to save 25-50k. Before buying, can you ask the ower to get it fully check and serviced? during servicing, you can find what needs to be changed in near future and how much it will cost you. Changing tyres, brake pads and few other parts can easily add up to a lakh.
Old 12th August 2021, 09:50   #4928
BHPian

Quote:
I think you need to be more concerned about it being out of warranty than trying to save 25-50k. Before buying, can you ask the ower to get it fully check and serviced? during servicing, you can find what needs to be changed in near future and how much it will cost you. Changing tyres, brake pads and few other parts can easily add up to a lakh.
Thanks for the suggestions, its from branded reseller and it comes with a 6 month warranty from their TP. But importantly it comes with a 7 day no questions asked return policy, so will go check it out now.

Last edited by prasanna.vps : 12th August 2021 at 09:53.
Old 20th August 2021, 16:20   #4929
BHPian

Hello all,
This is my second post on team-bhp and I am sharing a brief on my ownership of Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI L&K

My beast at 32K kms and 20 months:Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia_1.jpeg

Below is my experience of ownership. Total 5 visits to service center in last 20 months:
1 & 2. Two scheduled services at 15K & 30K (both services done within 3-4 hrs)
3. One visit at 19K for fix of coolant leak for thermostat replacement in warranty (car fixed and delivered same day afternoon)
4. One visit to fix a broken ABS wire which was also fixed in warranty (ABS sensor was not replaced) (fixed within an hour)
5. One visit to fix a small underbody cover that came off below the driver side. (5 minute job fixed without a fuss)

Overall very satisfied with the ownership & experience at Skoda service in Gurgaon
Old 20th August 2021, 17:03   #4930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought a Liqui-Moly silicone spray for 400 bucks and sprayed it a couple of times on all the moving parts.

Noise has almost disappeared.
Old 20th August 2021, 17:04   #4931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
Hello all,
This is my second post on team-bhp and I am sharing a brief on my ownership of Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI L&K

My beast at 32K kms and 20 months:Attachment 2195953

Below is my experience of ownership. Total 5 visits to service center in last 20 months:
1 & 2. Two scheduled services at 15K & 30K (both services done within 3-4 hrs)
3. One visit at 19K for fix of coolant leak for thermostat replacement in warranty (car fixed and delivered same day afternoon)
4. One visit to fix a broken ABS wire which was also fixed in warranty (ABS sensor was not replaced) (fixed within an hour)
5. One visit to fix a small underbody cover that came off below the driver side. (5 minute job fixed without a fuss)

Overall very satisfied with the ownership & experience at Skoda service in Gurgaon
Please also do share the costs incurred during the scheduled service.
Old 20th August 2021, 17:11   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Please also do share the costs incurred during the scheduled service.
I had bought a 4 year/60K kms service pack for Rs 44444/- at the time of purchase of the car. Till now spend on the car is Nil except Rs 2500 spent two times on wheel alignment & balancing
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 19:12   #4933
BHPian

Fellow Octavia owners - May I know which petrol you are filling in your cars?

Currently I am visiting Shell petrol pump and using their V Shell Pro/premium which is costing me Rs 120/liter and I am getting mileage of 8 kmpl due to my city and sedate driving style. Now this cost of running has started pinching the pocket.

Is it advisable to use normal petrol with 1.8 TSI? Also since now IOCL xp95 is available, does it make sense to use it instead of Shell which I think is RON91?
Old 24th August 2021, 19:58   #4934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Octavia owners - May I know which petrol you are filling in your cars?
I'd say avoid Shell totally and stick to usual RON91 from any other provider. If you have a sedate and city based driving pattern, even XP95 (priced at ~110) will be overkill. However, you might get an increase in mileage so it could be worth a try.

I live in the outskirts and my long time mileage is 11 km/lt.

To clarify, I've almost exclusively used normal RON91 from my local HP bunks.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2021 at 20:36. Reason: Posts merged on request.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:43   #4935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd say avoid Shell totally and stick to usual RON91.
He means avoid shell V power premium. Either use regular (Shell, BP, HP) or go for higher RON fuel from BP 97, IOC 95, HP 99. V Power is useless and those guys keep pestering you to buy it!
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks