Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 00:47   #5131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
HELP NEEDED

I just got a Christmas tree on my dash. ESC and TPMS lights came on after the car was started. My car is driven pretty regularly. (2-3 times a week, 300km/ month). The car kept on beeping randomly when I started to drive. Limped her back home. The car was driving perfectly besides the theatrics. Parked her, switched the ignition off for 2 minutes and started her back up. No lights whatsoever. Drove her around the block a couple of times, car performed like new. Battery SOC also shows 100%
I am almost certain it’s the ABS sensor gone kaput. If your car is out of warranty get it done from a good FNG. It might cost around 3k for a single sensor.
Old 21st June 2022, 17:24   #5132
Senior - BHPian

Had the 70k (6.5 years) service done for Octavia from a trusted independent garage. This is the first time I am doing the regular service outside Skoda. Though I have been happy with Skoda service in Bangalore, I always felt the OEM service centers do work more like a tick in the box against their checklist. And recently with many Skoda vehicles coming on road and the crowd at service centers I was not confident whether the service guys really get good time to take care of each car.
Now that the car is running on Stage 1 and the warranty is over, I wanted to give some premium service. Overall very happy with the service and this time the bill was 1/3rd lesser than regular service at Skoda. Went for Meguin 5W-30 engine oil and the car definitely feels much more smoother. Cant wait to take it on highways.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:34   #5133
BHPian

Guys the battery for my 1.8 TSi facelift has gone kaput after almost 4.5 years. I want to replace with an Exide but i can't figure out what specs the original battery has. It surprisingly has no sticker, only some numbers. Pics attached:

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20220624_120828.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20220624_120907.jpg

What battery is this?
Old 24th June 2022, 17:53   #5134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Guys the battery for my 1.8 TSi facelift has gone kaput after almost 4.5 years. I want to replace with an Exide but i can't figure out what specs the original battery has. It surprisingly has no sticker, only some numbers. Pics attached:

Attachment 2324343

Attachment 2324342

What battery is this?
Must be a standard DIN60 Exide Spain battery. Replace with a similar one made by Exide India for ~8K after exchange, no issues.

Skoda will push for a 12K VARTA. Are you still under warranty?
Old 24th June 2022, 18:23   #5135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Must be a standard DIN60 Exide Spain battery. Replace with a similar one made by Exide India for ~8K after exchange, no issues.

Skoda will push for a 12K VARTA. Are you still under warranty?
Tbf the cost calculator on their website showed around 8.2k and 8.5k including service charges.

I have got Exide Mileage 65 LH installed now and its all good .
Old 9th July 2022, 01:21   #5136
BHPian

Hi all,
Recently Skoda India has crossed the landmark of 1 lakh deliveries of our favorite lux sedan- Octavia in India.
Needless to say, we all have contributed substantially to write the success story of Octavia in India.

And to celebrate the achievement, Skoda India has posted a 'photo collage' of Octavia on tweeter yesterday.
You may spot 2 pics of my Blue Octavia therein.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-942da0bb6f2845d498c2d9e045332b1c.jpeg

Twitter link

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2022 at 08:46. Reason: Inserting pic in the post.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 08:51   #5137
BHPian

Hi all,
Recently I have bought a pre-worshipped Yeti 4x4 from Delhi. Lucky to have a lot of guidance and support from our senior fellow BHPian Shankar.Balan during this purchase. In fact, Shankar sir and the previous owner happened to be classmates. So, the entire buying process was smooth and a hassle free experience for me.
Many thanks to Shankar sir.

But since Yeti's arrival, my Octavia is almost left idle as no any long drive was planned though.
And Yeti has its own character & pleasure.
Just enjoying it as my daily drive..

Sharing one of the pics of my Octavia, captured on 14th May, somewhere near Madikeri during my trip to Chennai via West Coastal Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220514_100709__01.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 9th July 2022 at 09:15.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:14   #5138
BHPian

It’s been two years since owning the Octavia L&K TDI. This is one car I’ve fallen in love with ever since the first time I’ve been behind the wheel and have to say that this sedan is one of the best sedans to lay foot in our country. Having driven the Octavia 1.8 TSI DSG too for a short while, I’ll have to admit that there’s a difference in the ride and handling department, given that the 1.8 TSI DSG had the independent multi link suspension. Although personally for me the difference wasn’t a deal breaker. Infact at higher speeds I felt the diesel had more straight line stability. And personally, I’m more into the torque and ‘pushed back into the seats’ feeling that the TDI offers every time I floor it than the sweet revving nature of the petrol. The diesel felt much aggressive while accelerating and I enjoyed that more. And performance wise, the diesel is pretty fast, 0-100 kmph was achieved in 8.5 seconds. In the city, the drivability is great, helping for quick overtakes, and giving those short bursts of acceleration when needed. On the highways, the way this car picks up triple digit speeds is something else. Moreover the diesel is very fuel efficient , the TDI could give you anywhere between 12-14 kmpl in the city, and 20+ kmpl on the highways (if driven sedately). And now since the car is remapped, it’s puts out 180 hp and 400 nm and the car is a blast to drive now and has very much improved over the stock performance, the low end torque is much better, the mid range and top end has also improved considerably.

here are some pictures of my beloved
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-97762b96815f45199b525af0828be824.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-01c94aa9ce98421bbf151a37586a6a61.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-69fcf023e9ae418ea5887744255ad7d5.jpeg  

Last edited by dieselhead01 : 29th July 2022 at 09:43.
dieselhead01 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 20:17   #5139
BHPian

Low Engine Oil Warning

I got a low engine oil warning after around 9k km post my last service.
It stayed on for a couple of days
I checked the oil level, which was slightly lower than maximun, but definitely more than minimum level
From today I have no warning on the display

Should I take it for service or top up oil from a nearby work shop with experience in servicing German cars.?
Old 1st August 2022, 23:08   #5140
Senior - BHPian

Re: Low Engine Oil Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I got a low engine oil warning after around 9k km post my last service.
It stayed on for a couple of days
I checked the oil level, which was slightly lower than maximun, but definitely more than minimum level
From today I have no warning on the display

Should I take it for service or top up oil from a nearby work shop with experience in servicing German cars.?
I have a TDI and I normally change oil at every 10k kms, 15k is too much for Indian conditions. This was done religiously even when my car was stock.
Now with remap, this has become a requirement as part of maintenance. So I suggest you get an oil service done.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:48   #5141
adv
BHPian

Hello, both the front headlights and both fog lamps on a 2017 Octavia seem to be clouding up in the rain, gradually clearing up once the rain stops. Is this normal? Or does it indicate some sort of moisture leak into the body of the lights? Please refer the photos below.

Further the monitor indicated an ‘oil sensor error’. Does this need to be replaced and if so, any idea on how much would it cost?
Attached Images

adv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 19:30   #5142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
Hello, both the front headlights and both fog lamps on a 2017 Octavia seem to be clouding up in the rain
Further the monitor indicated an ‘oil sensor error’. Does this need to be replaced and if so, any idea on how much would it cost?
Pretty normal. Its just like the windshield fogging and I wouldn't worry. What does worry me looking at photos is that the DRL looks to have started turning yellow. Is your car under extended warranty? If not, take it. You might need to replace the headlamps soon.
With regards to oil sensor, be more specific and share snapshot of the error message in the cluster. If its an oil pressure sensor, will be under 15k with labour. But need more details from your end.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:21   #5143
BHPian

The Oil low light went on once again today morning. Took it to Skoda Service. EVM Skoda in Cochin handled it professionally. I did not expect such good service from Skoda. Topped up the oil and coolant. Cleaned the ac ducts and engine bay and finished it off with a water service.
5* service from EVM Skoda Cochin.

Got an opportunity to park close to the new TSI Style. Octavia has grown longer, bulkier and the face has become sad albeit a bit aggressive. Skoda should have retained the split headlamps. There is no way a 'layman' can identify an Octavia in a sea of Slavias.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img5816.png
sandygordon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:07   #5144
adv
BHPian

Thank you @adi_petrolhead for the feedback. It’s a pre-owned car that I had a look at; I realized later that I should have taken a photo of the error message as you suggested.
There were two warning messages which showed on the infotainment display when navigated to car settings, one said ‘Oil change 07/2022’ and the second one below that said ‘Oil sensor’.

I will keep the points in mind as regards the headlamps. The car is out of warranty. What does it mean when the turn yellow? Is it just a cosmetic imperfection or an operational one? Any idea how much those headlamps would cost?
Thank you!
Old 12th August 2022, 09:30   #5145
BHPian

My car has recently completed 5 years & 60,000 KMs. There was a squeaking sound coming from the suspension and upon inspection found that Linkage was faulty, and replaced it with the new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks