Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 16:13   #5161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

After a strenuous wash with suddenly cloudy weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220821_152626__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220821_152635__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220821_152656__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220821_152705__01.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20220821_152647.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:02   #5162
BHPian

Had a repainting job done and also blacked out the alloys, and now the car looks much sportier and I’ve personally started loving the new look.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-9efbd75341c84a319a1df8f784b5fed9.jpeg  

Attached Images

dieselhead01 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:07   #5163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaghp View Post
TLDR:
Where to get my 2019 Octavia 1.8TSI L&K remapped - Code6, Harmonixx, someone who does TVS maps, or someone else entirely?

As I kept exploring, I came across TVS maps as well which if I am right is best for the TCU maps. Now I am super confused. I am based out of Kochi, Kerala. So I'm looking for the best option in Kerala, Tamil Nadu or Karnataka where I can drive easily. Can someone tell me what's the best and safest place to get this done?
Since you are from Kochi, you have many options than Bangalore.
While getting it done for my TDI in early 2022 I was confused between Wolf vs Pete’s vs Code 6. Finally chose Pete’s Kochi considering their experience with VAG’s and also considering I was upgrading to Bilstein for which Pete’s are the dealers. While I was very impressed with Wolf Moto with the way they interacted with me and solved my queries, I did not feel very welcoming with Code 6. Harmonixx are great too and they have done lot of Octavia’s, mainly VRS.
So a difficult pick, but suggest you speak to each of them and that will address lot of your confusion.

Last edited by sunikkat : 21st August 2022 at 18:08.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:57   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaghp View Post
TLDR:
Where to get my 2019 Octavia 1.8TSI L&K remapped - Code6, Harmonixx, someone who does TVS maps, or someone else entirely?

Hey, from personal experience, I would sincerely suggest you to take up a custom map rather than the off the shelf/generic remaps. The custom map will allow you to customise the map according to your needs, and will be tailored in a way in which you would want your car to deliver power, you could even decide if you want a linear map or an aggressive one, and it will be customised accordingly. Not saying the generic maps are bad in anyways, but custom maps could give you this advanatge. I would suggest you to check out custom tuners like Wolf, Tune-o-tronics, and I think even harmonixx have their own custom tunes and they have a dealer in Kochin as well. APR is a tempting option, they’re one of the best tried and tested maps, so in the end it really comes down to your choice. After a remap, from a 1.8 TSI, you could expect 230-240 horses and 320+ nm, which would solve all your issues. I think the car post remap would be at par with a stock VRS too, and you’d never have to complain about the performance. 1.8 TSI is one of the most tuner friendly engines around, hope you make the right choice, cheers

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st August 2022 at 22:54. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
dieselhead01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:14   #5165
BHPian

hi all,

I completed 55K kms last week in around 21 months of ownership on my 1.8TSI. I have been experiencing a slight squeaking sound from front suspension for the last month or so over bad roads or speed bumps.

Can anyone please throw light on what might be an issue and if something requires a fix, would it be covered in warranty?

Thanks in advance..
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:20   #5166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Kindly let me know if there is anything similar in the Octavia.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can pull the rubber plug at the bottom inside of the rear door and it will drain out the water.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:45   #5167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
Had a repainting job done and also blacked out the alloys, and now the car looks much sportier and I’ve personally started loving the new look.
The car looks absolutely gorgeous! How close to the original factory paint is this new paint quality and finish? And do you mind disclosing how much you paid for it all?
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:03   #5168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The car looks absolutely gorgeous! How close to the original factory paint is this new paint quality and finish? And do you mind disclosing how much you paid for it all?
hey thank you so much for the kind words
and the car absolutely looks like it’s just delivered right from the showroom, the paint quality is amazing and has the same finish as the original ‘Magic Black’ factory finish. Totally, for both the whole body repaint and the wheels together fetched me about ₹95,000.
dieselhead01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:21   #5169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stunning although I am personally not a fan of black alloys. You only need a set of Bilstein B6/12 springs to complete the effect .

Also, lose the mud flaps - in my opinion will substantially improve the sporty quotient.
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:34   #5170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Stunning although I am personally not a fan of black alloys. You only need a set of Bilstein B6/12 springs to complete the effect .

Also, lose the mud flaps - in my opinion will substantially improve the sporty quotient.
thank you so much for the kind words and your advice sir, and as you told, I’ll get the Bilstein B6 springs as it would feel more complete with it and will also lose the mud flaps soon. What would be your take on a lip spoiler or a RS spoiler on this car?
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:27   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
hi all,

I completed 55K kms last week in around 21 months of ownership on my 1.8TSI. I have been experiencing a slight squeaking sound from front suspension for the last month or so over bad roads or speed bumps.

Can anyone please throw light on what might be an issue and if something requires a fix, would it be covered in warranty?

Thanks in advance..
The creaking noise is due to some kind of a dry contact surface in the lower control arm or anti roll bars in the front as far as I remember. Get them lubed up. That solves it. I also get the same thing once in a while.
revsperminute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:14   #5172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
The creaking noise is due to some kind of a dry contact surface in the lower control arm or anti roll bars in the front as far as I remember. Get them lubed up. That solves it. I also get the same thing once in a while.
Very true. Perennial problem with the Octavia and nothing to worry about.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 07:42   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Looks great
I am also planning to do the blackout of the chrome, but I don't want to repaint the alloys. With the Octavia going out of production soon, I hope there would be an enthusiast demand for the cars.
Old 28th August 2022, 09:09   #5174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Looks great
I am also planning to do the blackout of the chrome, but I don't want to repaint the alloys. With the Octavia going out of production soon, I hope there would be an enthusiast demand for the cars.
thank you so much for the kind words
I’m planning to get a RS bumper and spoiler for this car, moreover like you told, the rise in demand for the octavia will be sharp, especially for the 3rd-gen Octavia
Old 28th August 2022, 09:50   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
OMG. That's a total stunner. Considering the possible discontinuation of the Octavia; your car is something that will make people weak in their knees!

I would love to know where did you get it painted and the specs on paint / clear coat etc. Guess the DMs ain't open.
srvshaun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks