Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 08:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi 7 seater

The Chinese with an Italian heart and American Badge, but from a practical point of view very useful.

Thank you noopster and Parrys for the wonderful review which helped me to decide up on the Enjoy
Also Thanks to shypals for your ownership observations

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-13.htmlAugust 29th:-

Nature of drive: - Weekly trip of 650 kilometers with 5 persons (will increase to 6 in few months) on board with luggage and office commuting on weekdays with 1 or 2 on board.

My ride before i buy Enjoy: - 2011 Indica Vista with national engine (Quadrajet) (I didn't by swift only because of the space constraints) I love Maruti and hate Tata. But in a serious relationship with the Fiat Indian National Engine!

Vehicles shortlisted :-

Aria: - Even though the dealer offered me some serious discounts, not a Tata any more only because of the build quality. So back off go to hell.

Bolero / Xylo: - took the test drive, but in long trips dizziness makes the co passengers to puke which will be a pain for me. Also the mileage is okay! The new Xylo is definitely a long distance rider.

Ertiga: - I love it and I could have booked the ZDI long back, but the other passengers especially my dad is not giving the green signal he looks only space and comfort, he says the comfort in Ertiga is less when compared to Enjoy in terms of space and seating

ENJOY :- there are hell lot of negative points which is already explained in the TBHP official thread by many, but the mileage ,price and comfort for co passenger’s make me turning head towards it seriously from a practical point of view.

Innova: - KMPL Diesel is the only concern rest all is top notch except the price
Ashok Leyland stile (Not Evalia):- No information was available on the time I booked Enjoy!

Why LTZ?
I am planning for LTZ because of the electrical outside rear-view adjustment, ABS, Airbag.
Definitely, not for the alloy wheels

September 27:- Sold my 2011 Tata Indica vista Quadrajet

September 28:- Drove the Enjoy diesel LTZ (Test vehicle at Thrissur showroom) fitted with Red rooster racing Tuning box and was quite impressed with the response.

September 30:- Trivandrum, Booked My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi 7 seater at DEEDI Motors. Since it was the last working day of second fiscal / half yearly financial closing day, I bargained till 6 PM and got good discounts too.

Applied for the bank loan on the same day and the bank loan was approved without any hassles.
Worked out the No Claim Bonus part with my home insurance agent
Total cost for diesel LTZ: - 896876 INR

Break up:-

Ex showroom: 829488
Tax: 66960
Handling: 5000
Exchange bonus: 20000(to be refunded)
Corporate bonus : 3000(to be refunded)
Insurance: 18428(bumper to bumper full cover)

Extra costs:-
INR 700 for 2 affidavits to be presented for exchange bonus and insurance.

October 3:-
Since the insurance process delayed so the registration. Insurance was sorted by October 7(Monday)
October 8 and 9:- I was not able to register the vehicle on these days as 8th was RTO Strike and on 9th there was no registration in RTO office.
October 10:- Registered but number not issued, But I took the delivery.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 12:31. Reason: Please proof-read your posts before submission. Correcting spellings
foby.sebastian is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Chevy is home! More snaps to follow.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3782070470.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 15th October 2013 at 10:06.
foby.sebastian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Pillars covered to get a character to enjoy.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image497939385.jpg

Did a 400 kilometers trip last night.

The maximum speed achieved is 110 KMPH .

Tried a sudden brake without hand on steering the abs worked perfectly fine and the vehicle stopped in same line.

The ride feel is very good and the suspension gives you car like feel drive and comfort.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1994740770.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 12:32. Reason: Please proof-read your posts before submission. Correcting spellings
Old 13th October 2013, 13:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Enjoying the Rear wheel drive !

There is no under body plastic inserts inside the wheel arch. The possibilities of mud/slush accumulating under the body panels are higher especially on Kerala roads. As seen in the picture My Enjoy came with the JK tyre. I have seen some Enjoys with Giti tires.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1781901475.jpg

Wood finish inserts looks elegant and good to feel. But it is limited to on doorpads , AC vent in the dash board and gear knob. If more areas on dash board have been covered, The interior may looked more elegant.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2915865876.jpg

Storage space and the wood trim on gear Knob. The gear knob seems to be handy and the faux wood touch gives a smoothness. The gear shift is smooth and delay in shift makes some unwanted vibrations in the cabin. Especially the vibration sound comes from the roof mounted AC area. That I will be speaking on the first service.

The hand break is also visible which appears to be very ordinary.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1303208107.jpg

Middle row captain seat comfort is good and the hand rests really adds value to the seat. The view from middle row seat is also good. The leather seats are superior for the amount you pay. The hump in between two captain seats are visible in the snap. Unlike second row the third row get as flat platform.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1797057323.jpg

Centre console and the music system is illuminated with blue LED light at night.
I was able to play the music stored in my Nokia mobile through the usb cable attached. But I was not able to connect the smart phones (i phone 4s and Samsung S2)

The Nippon music system has no remote and the sound quality is average. 4 speakers mounted on 4 doors and 2 tweeters on the dash board.

The button quality on the single din music system seems to be not reliable. The AUX/USB points are in the centre of the music system

There are 2 dummies on either side of the console. The centre console also has the defogger and AC switch. The honey comb grill inside the AC Vent is much helpful. (My son likes putting coins inside the AC vent)

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3655921737.jpg

Boot space is pretty descent , Third row below seat space can also be utilized for storage.GM could have been used the 50:50 side folding seats.

Boot space (I carried 2 tires and few bags) , the photo won't do justice but we can carry much more with this small boot when compared to Ertiga.

The boot is pretty accessible and I love the access to it. It is so easy to load things. No more lifting the baggage above the hip.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1296943077.jpg

Child lock comes with a small pictorial representation to make it clear
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3149554248.jpg

Upper edges are more prone to dirt accumulation. One can also see the Rear washer hose and the back door hinge.
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3652600167.jpg

Glove box seems to be very small and no lock!

One can also see the half litre bottle holder and the Faux wood insert on the AC vent.

Also the Airbag pocket can be viewed. There is no need to replace the entire dash board if the Airbag deploys.

The AUX/USB port on the music system can also be viewed on the centre console.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2249303985.jpg

Glove box :- Note the tissue box and the spare bulb box eats up the space. There is also a small row inside in which the first aid kit is tucked in

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1071178343.jpg

The pillars wrapped in matte black vinyl which adds a bit of character , i did it just after the delivery and not GM !

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3549704343.jpg

The roof mounted AC is quite powerful for the second and third row. The roof mounted AC vents reminds me the after 1995 design.

The ORVM is also visible in the snap. Its small to view the entire back of the vehicle while reversing. For LTZ its internally adjustable. Also it is foldable towards front which is very helpful in city traffic.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1970542208.jpg
Got a chance to do a side by side comparison with a Innova, not bad huh ? But no way to compare an Enjoy with Innova. Class apart.

Yes enjoy is poor man's Innova.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2761138201.jpg
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3760236883.jpg

The driver seat height adjustment knob is seen and the pale steering is also can be viewed. If the steering wheel came with the golden Chevy badge that could have been bought more value in terms of looks. Also have a close look at the honey comb grill and faux wood insert.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2843456172.jpg
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1436302925.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 12:34. Reason: Please proof-read your posts before submission
foby.sebastian is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 10:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)

Hi,

Reached Trivandrum today(Monday 14-oct-13) early morning after a 800 kilometer round trip, 200 kilometers more to go for the first service.

Points I like :-
  1. NATIONAL ENGINE PROVES THAT AGAIN , I GOT ALMOST SAME MILAGE AS OF IN MY TATA INDICA VISTA QUADRAJET aka the FIAT ENGINE
  2. Rear wheel drive Sedan like drive feel.
  3. Silk Smooth gear shift (but the gear have a bit of play)
  4. Commanding driver seat position with height adjustment on, better visibility to all for corners (Thanks to big windows!)
  5. Frigging awesome suspensions , In class middle row and last row comfort for long drives.
  6. No dizziness to the passengers.
  7. Loads of space.
  8. Braking (ABS really helps)
  9. Stock headlamps with fog lamps are powerful.
  10. Rear washer is a must have to give you better visibility on monsoon (Thanks to yesterday's rain)
  11. Descent leather for seats

Points I don't like:-
  1. No lock for glove box and the glove box is very small.
  2. The storage pockets on the doors are good for nothing but for magazines.
  3. It is very difficult to understand the readings in the meter at night because of the brightness of the blue LED background.
  4. The driver leg space is really inadequate.
  5. Tillable steering is just for namesake and good for nothing, It won’t tilt much either.
  6. Non height adjustable seatbelts may be a pain for the short people.
  7. Engine noise to cabin is high , especially with AC on.
  8. The key less entry range is so small, we need to be very close to unlock and lock.
  9. Non waterproof headlights and fog lamps
  10. For rear parking sensors it is mounted in such a way that the reach to obstacles are a bit low. There are possibilities of missing out obstacles
  11. Removing and fixing the spare tyre will be painfully difficult as it has no winding mechanism to hold the spare tyre.

Last edited by GTO : 16th October 2013 at 12:34. Reason: spell check done :-)
foby.sebastian is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from Assembly Line

Thanks for sharing.
And wishing you many happy miles.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 21:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

The tail lamp looks xyloish and has 2 reverse lamps on both sides.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2361340683.jpg

The 6 spoke alloy wheel lacks futuristic design. As seen its 4 hole.

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1889102067.jpg

The muv's side by side

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1547428319.jpg

Ertiga and enjoy side by side

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1753857451.jpg

Ertiga vs enjoy

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image43853679.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image1727350829.jpg  

foby.sebastian is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 12:21   #8
BHPian

"Welcome to the Chevy family". I'm one helluva happy Chevy customer.

Great choice. Love the color and the blacked pillars. Deedi Trivandrum is a nice place to deal with. I have had several pleasant experiences in both Kollam & Trivandrum. They offer good service not only during the purchase time, but after sales service too. There is a guy over there Mr.Renjith, he is always a great help to me.

The space factor is more in Enjoy compared to Ertiga. Especially the 3rd row. Innova is far too pricey. And moreover the new Innova's "open mouthed" grill is not exactly to my taste. Evalia is more of a commercial van than a family MPV.

Good that you didn't get the vinyl work done at Deedi, I made the mistake with my Beat. Can you believe that they used small bits to patch up!.

Yeah the golden bowtie on the steering wheel would have looked better. They offer it from the LS version onwards for the Beat.

Do they offer CPC service package for Enjoy?

I loved the captain seats. Hope your dad loves them too.

Have you given any number choice.

Give a call next time you pass by Kollam.

Last edited by sharoncr_17 : 17th October 2013 at 12:25.
sharoncr_17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

A gas cylinder easily fits in the boot of enjoy with out folding the seats, Definitely the tailgate can be closed!

Preparing for my weekend trip to native.
Attached Thumbnails
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2868613502.jpg  

My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image3974091332.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2013, 19:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Check out the luggage space!
Attached Thumbnails
My Switchblade Silver Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ TDCi (7 seater)-image2552206243.jpg  

foby.sebastian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:58   #11
BHPian

Congrats on the buy!

Very well detailed. It's a great car. They should have somehow reduced the van effect at the rear/side to make it a hit.

It's much more spacious than Ertiga at the third row if I am not wrong. I was amazed at the quality of leather and stitching! Just perfect fit if one looks at in person. The second row seats were very comfortable and one would definitely prefer that over any other.

The ORVM's are way too thinny, small'ish, cheap'ish actually.

Engine sounds are not insulated well and it sounds crude.

Your style of blackening the whole side is nice.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:44   #12
BHPian

Congrats on thoughtful buy!
for selecting ABS version.

Do update thread with service details. It should be great info for forum.
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:13   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

A very detailed review and many congratulations on your new car. Off late I am seeing lot of Enjoy on the roads here and looks like the car is finally reaching out to customers. At less then half of the price of the fully loaded Innova this car makes a compelling case for itself.
Old 24th November 2013, 17:50   #14
BHPian

Congratulations Sebestian. It’s a great buy for the requirement.

My colleague has also picked up same car same variant last month.

Have taken couple of rides & I am particularly impressed with leather seats & the space inside.

He is planning to add RD’s tuning box. What do you say considering the tall body design and relatively small tyres.
Old 25th November 2013, 19:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

The suspension is one best part which i like in Enjoy. It gives a sedan feel when you drive this MPV. Including innova when you compare it with other MPV s in the segment the suspension is not bouncy and will not give you the boat like feeling by any chance. The small tires add to it to reduce the body roll on curves.

Adding a tuning box to an enjoy is advisable only on LTZ as the ABS helps!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks