Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 20:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol - The White Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechramc View Post
The first service is at 1200-1500km or 1 month whichever is earlier. The second service is at 10,000 km or six months, and the 3rd service is at 30k or 15 months. It is the first car I bought in India, so I have no clue if that is abnormal. Let me confirm that once again tomorrow for you. I could have misread those coupons.
Hey buddy, did you get a chance to check on this? Interval of 20K is like a lifetime
Old 29th October 2013, 00:58   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Hey buddy, did you get a chance to check on this? Interval of 20K is like a lifetime
Yes Sir! Its on page 1.

Quote:
Thanks Samar!

Yeah, it was a mistake folks! Here is the actual free service schedule:

1st @ 1200-1500 or 1 month, whichever comes earlier
2nd @ 10,000 km or 1 year, whichever is earlier
3rd @ 20,000km or 2 years, whichever is earlier

The SA had written 30k in the receipt by mistake, and confirmed that it was 20k after I called him. Thanks for pointing that out guys!
mechramc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 14:17   #18
BHPian

Congrats mechramc on your new ride! It sure is a nice car!
I was waiting for an ownership thread for Grand for quite some time, thanks for that.

I am also thinking of replacing my Santro with (a diesel) Grand (or a Figo or an i20), but as I see it can happen only be in January or February. Perhaps will get back to you for your 2 - 3 months ownership experience.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:08   #19
BHPian

@ mechramc, Congratulations on the car mate. Its a fantastic buy. Off hand, does the i10 grand come with AT gear-box.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Congrats mechramc for the lovely set of wheels!

i10 grand is indeed a great buy and the asta variant would make the driving experience even better with all the useful features it has.
Please do not rev the engine beyond 3000 rpm for the 1st 1500 kms.

wish you miles of trouble free ownership.

And yes , we are waiting for interior pics
Old 30th October 2013, 17:49   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Congrats mechramc on your new ride! It sure is a nice car!
I was waiting for an ownership thread for Grand for quite some time, thanks for that.

I am also thinking of replacing my Santro with (a diesel) Grand (or a Figo or an i20), but as I see it can happen only be in January or February. Perhaps will get back to you for your 2 - 3 months ownership experience.
Definitely buddy! Although, I can already tell you this. My friend got a Figo Diesel the same day I bought the Grand. And I keep taking rides in his car too, and the weighted steering is great in the Figo. The handling is on par, although looks and comfort wise, the Grand wins, and of course - rear seat space is way more in Grand compared to Figo. Our group of friends prefer to sit in my car more due to this.

I-20...well, if it comes with a 1.6L engine, I understand....Otherwise, the difference is barely noticeable. You can compare the specs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
@ mechramc, Congratulations on the car mate. Its a fantastic buy. Off hand, does the i10 grand come with AT gear-box.
Thank you Sawnilrules! And nope, the Grand AT version is yet to be launched in India. Dealer thinks it may not happen until next June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Congrats mechramc for the lovely set of wheels!

i10 grand is indeed a great buy and the asta variant would make the driving experience even better with all the useful features it has.
Please do not rev the engine beyond 3000 rpm for the 1st 1500 kms.

wish you miles of trouble free ownership.

And yes , we are waiting for interior pics
Thank you Jaspal! and of course, I am liking the smooth ride so far and haven't had to push the engine even a bit. It is easily doing 90kmph @3000rpm and I haven't pushed beyond that yet. Interior pics will follow this weekend!
mechramc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 08:28   #22
BHPian

@mechramc:

Please check the following post in the Grand i10 official review, which points out to an issue with the keyless entry. As you already own an Grand i10 Asta, can you clarify this point.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3282837

Thanks!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 16:53   #23

@Teemus,

Done! Rest assured, the keyless entry is one of the best I have seen. That is something you can cross off your list of worries with your eyes closed.
mechramc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 12:55   #24

Hi,
I am considering buying the Grand i10, but since this will be my first Hyundai car, I'd like to understand how the after sales service experience is in the long term.

I've heard good things, but specifically I'd like to know the cost of ownership with respect to service/spares.

If you could give a rough average number of how much you've spent on services/spares post your purchase broadly, that'd be really informative.

I'm coming from a Maruti experience, hence htis question

Thanks again for your thread.
Old 21st April 2015, 15:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
Hi,
I am considering buying the Grand i10, but since this will be my first Hyundai car, I'd like to understand how the after sales service experience is in the long term.

I've heard good things, but specifically I'd like to know the cost of ownership with respect to service/spares.

If you could give a rough average number of how much you've spent on services/spares post your purchase broadly, that'd be really informative.

I'm coming from a Maruti experience, hence htis question

Thanks again for your thread.
Well I have owned a Grand i10 AT for the past 10 months and I have spent zero in its maintenance. You can read my ownership thread. The first service was at 1000 kms and after that the next one is due at 10000. Right now my car is at 8300 and after July 2014 I have not had to visit the service center. So the car is very reliable and you can aptly give it the tag line "Fill it, shut it, forget it"
Old 21st April 2015, 17:19   #26

Thanks, that helps.

I'm planning to get this as a car for my dad, and I'd really want him to have a hassle free ownership experience.

Your comments confirm what I've been hearing about Hyundai cars.

I'd also like to understand long term ownership costs post the three yeart mark, but since it's a relatively new car, I guess I'll have to pull the trigger without that information.
Old 25th July 2016, 00:56   #27
lsp
BHPian

Quote:
@Teemus,

Done! Rest assured, the keyless entry is one of the best I have seen. That is something you can cross off your list of worries with your eyes closed.
Hi Mechramc
I am considering the i10 Grand for wife.
Can you please share what kind of fuel economy you are getting?
Hows your ownership experience been with the car so far?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks