Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 20:44   #151
BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

What do you think is better value? The VX or ZX. The only advantage of ZX is leather seats, which I don't need. Plus think about this - You are killing cows to obtain leather, ever thought that that it is barbaric and a cow is a holy symbol for us Indians. We should all feel guilty.
Old 6th March 2014, 17:57   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
What do you think is better value? The VX or ZX. The only advantage of ZX is leather seats, which I don't need. Plus think about this - You are killing cows to obtain leather, ever thought that that it is barbaric and a cow is a holy symbol for us Indians. We should all feel guilty.
I think ZX also has a spolier and Stickering as a part of the package.

if you are worried about leather/cow slaughter then VX would be your best choice.

Also - I think the leather is processed and mixed with Synthetic Material before making them usable. If the ratio was one cow leather for one innova, then the difference between VX & ZX would be 10 lacs minimum. I would say it is more like 1 cow for 10 innova ZXs.

- Cow is Sacred only for Hindus. Some other religions consider cow meat as a delicacy.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 6th March 2014 at 17:59.
Old 6th March 2014, 18:15   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

- Cow is Sacred only for Hindus. Some other religions consider cow meat as a delicacy.
Hahaha true. Yes the VX is better value. The sticker is cheesy, although the dealer did say he can remove them. I don't understand the point of a spoiler on a 1.8 ton muv. It wouldn't produce downforce and it's seriously underpowered to go fast enough to produce it.

bfg out
thebfg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 19:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Hahaha true. Yes the VX is better value. The sticker is cheesy, although the dealer did say he can remove them. I don't understand the point of a spoiler on a 1.8 ton muv. It wouldn't produce downforce and it's seriously underpowered to go fast enough to produce it.

bfg out
Hi BFG - I agree - If he can swap the seats for the VX trim's seats, we should grab on to it. Spolier is more asthetic rather than useful especially in MUV/SUVs.

I personally prefer cloth seats, owing to Indian climatic condtions. Leather/Rexine seats sweat in summer.
Old 8th March 2014, 17:23   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hi BFG - I agree - If he can swap the seats for the VX trim's seats, we should grab on to it. Spolier is more asthetic rather than useful especially in MUV/SUVs.

I personally prefer cloth seats, owing to Indian climatic condtions. Leather/Rexine seats sweat in summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Well, I don't want to tamper the Warranty. So till then, its better to follow the rules.
bbhavan
Another thing to note is, if the leather seats are put on top of existing cloth ones, you get reduced underthigh space as well. The spoiler is a more visual / less performance accessory anyway and you can buy it for cheap. I like the one with a light on it for aditional safety in the night.
I have a VX and personally I do no see a lot of additional value in ZX...but then the one I have is pre-facelift model when they had no ZX. The stickers seem a bit funny on top end model!
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 16:26   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Another thing to note is, if the leather seats are put on top of existing cloth ones, you get reduced underthigh space as well. The spoiler is a more visual / less performance accessory anyway and you can buy it for cheap. I like the one with a light on it for aditional safety in the night.
I have a VX and personally I do no see a lot of additional value in ZX...but then the one I have is pre-facelift model when they had no ZX. The stickers seem a bit funny on top end model!
I agree - if i buy an Innova, i would retain the cloth seats or might go in for cloth seat covers. Cloth absorbs sweat compared to Rexine/Leather. Leather/Rexine is a no no in most indian cities in summer.

Yes - i agree - other than some cosmetic items like stickering, black interior panels and off course the spoiler, I dont see any substantial value over the VX. All the above can be purchased as an accessory either aftermarket or an an Official accessory. For those Leather savvy people, there is always Stanley who can offer more superior leather compared to the OEM leather.
Old 14th March 2014, 22:38   #157
BHPian

14 days 1400 kms,am just innovating the experience of highways with my innova.Initial ownership report will be up soon.
Old 9th April 2014, 08:45   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
14 days 1400 kms,am just innovating the experience of highways with my innova.Initial ownership report will be up soon.
Good to know that you are enjoying your Innova. Eagerly awaiting for your initial ownership report to be out. Please post the link of that thread over here. Are you using your Innova for the daily office/workplace commutes or is it only for weekend family trips.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 13:02   #159
BHPian

@AutoIndian Have been busy with the work and writing the report as I make out time,so apologies guys for the delay.Am using Innova for the daily commutes as well as weekends family trips,enjoying it thoroughly.Last weekend took it thru the mountain range,here is one picReview: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-img2_3354.jpg
babsmatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 16:22   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
@AutoIndian Have been busy with the work and writing the report as I make out time,so apologies guys for the delay.Am using Innova for the daily commutes as well as weekends family trips,enjoying it thoroughly.Last weekend took it thru the mountain range,here is one pic
Thank you babsmatter for sharing your initial experience, however just one small picture does not do justice to your new Innova . Please share lot of pictures. I think the Innova will be best to drive in the mountaines. Being a rear wheel drive does help on steep slopes, because all the load is transferred to rear wheels and these are the wheels which are powered. Also the near zero turbo lag is very useful in such situations.

How do you find the NVH levels with all windows rolled up? Any other pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12th April 2014, 11:33   #161
BHPian

@AutoIndian Its amazing to drive through the mountain sections as well as straight line speeds,nvh levels have gone down since the kms adding up and its not that good at 2nd and 3rd gear.The pros as we all know is the sheer driving comfort and space it offers but the biggest con From technical point of view is even with the higher displacement of 2.5cc the power delivery seems inadequate at 102 ps and lack of 6th gear messes it further with the poor fuel economy as well.After all these years of facelifts,tweaked engine with better power delivery and economy was expected from the brand Toyota!
babsmatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 14:52   #162
BHPian

Guys,

Is it mandatory to take innova insurance from the dealer. While I have always bought the insurance from outside and never faced any challenge, toyota dealer representative is saying that its mandatory to take insurance from the toyota dealer. The difference is whopping 15k+.

Also does anyone has a number to reach toyota directly. I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.

Last edited by LoneWolf9 : 12th May 2014 at 14:54.
Old 12th May 2014, 16:14   #163
CDM
BHPian

Absolutely not. You are free get your own insurance. Not sure of the 15k difference though. Please double check if the coverage is the same.
CDM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 17:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Guys,

Is it mandatory to take innova insurance from the dealer. While I have always bought the insurance from outside and never faced any challenge, toyota dealer representative is saying that its mandatory to take insurance from the toyota dealer. The difference is whopping 15k+.

Also does anyone has a number to reach toyota directly. I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.
Well, if you plan to take Toyota insurance, it is to be taken from the dealer itself. Even if you pursue options, you would be ultimately ending up taking from dealer itself.

It is cheaper if you buy insurance like Sundaram / HDFC / ICICI etc online or through call center.

Dealers cannot force you to buy the insurance in-house. you are free to buy insurance anywhere. If the dealer is firm, report it to the Toyota helpline and you will receive a call within 1 day.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 19:58   #165
BHPian

Thanks Guys for your response.

The issue has been sorted out. The manager clarified later that Toyota has not mandated that policy needs to be purchased from the dealer.

The dealer agreed to match the quote and benefit of the policy that i got from Another insurance seller.

Blame it on the strike at Toyota plant, I am not even offered a mud flap. This machine is ridiculously overpriced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks