Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2014, 12:55   #181
BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Yesterday I went to Ravindu Toyota(BLR) with an intention of booking a GX Innova. I was told that there is no discount and they are under pressure to deliver Innovas from the previous months booking. I was dejected by hearing this and now looking at XUV as they are giving Insurance free and corporate discount.

Toyota balming their strike at factory creating this no discount statement. Do I need to wait for this rush to be over so that I can expct some discounts for Innova ?
Old 15th June 2014, 20:34   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Yesterday I went to Ravindu Toyota(BLR) with an intention of booking a GX Innova. I was told that there is no discount and they are under pressure to deliver Innovas from the previous months booking. I was dejected by hearing this and now looking at XUV as they are giving Insurance free and corporate discount.

Toyota balming their strike at factory creating this no discount statement. Do I need to wait for this rush to be over so that I can expct some discounts for Innova ?
If the requirement for a new car is not urgent, please wait. I used to see ads in Mumbai papers about free insurance / lesser interest loan etc. The same should be true for Bangalore also.

I am sure, once factory is back to normal, they will offer discounts again. Going by press statements, Mobilio is expected to dent innova sales. So - if you can wait for 3 months, please do.
Old 17th June 2014, 05:50   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I went to Ravindu Toyota(BLR) with an intention of booking a GX Innova. I was told that there is no discount

By the time I took delivery, there was a cash discount of 10K and 15K worth of accessories. I was not given any of these benefits as I got the delivery the day this offer was rolled out. Infact yesterday also there was an advertisement in the newspaper about free accessories worth 15K.

As suggested above, Please wait for the Honda MUV launch in July. This would surely ensure that some offer gets rolled out soon in Bangalore.
Old 17th June 2014, 10:04   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
By the time I took delivery, there was a cash discount of 10K and 15K worth of accessories. I was not given any of these benefits as I got the delivery the day this offer was rolled out. Infact yesterday also there was an advertisement in the newspaper about free accessories worth 15K.

As suggested above, Please wait for the Honda MUV launch in July. This would surely ensure that some offer gets rolled out soon in Bangalore.
After coming out of the showroom, salesperson called me and updated that they can work out some discount on accessories. But I was put a back with their attitude "If you want, take it".First of all the insane price and then there is no discount.
There is almost 60000 discount going for XUV now. I am in a dilemma ...
Old 17th June 2014, 11:16   #185
BHPian

Quote:
After coming out of the showroom, salesperson called me and updated that they can work out some discount on accessories. But I was put a back with their attitude "If you want, take it".First of all the insane price and then there is no discount.
You can check Ertiga as well or wait till July for some discount to follow.You will also have the chance to evaluate Honda MUV.
Old 17th June 2014, 18:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
One should never buy cars based on discount. There may be 2 lakh discount on TATA Aria, why don't you buy that? If you like some car whether there is discount or not you should buy it.

When I bought Innova VX last September there was 60k discount. Even if there was none I would have bought it anyway.

That's just my personal opinion.
Old 17th June 2014, 21:48   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is purely a trade-off between Quality and features or head vs heart.

If you plan to replace the vehicle within 5 years, go for XUV and be prepared for a lesser resale. If you plan to keep it longer i would suggest the Innova. Also, if your need is a 6-7 seater, dont look beyond the Innova.
Old 17th June 2014, 22:26   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
One should never buy cars based on discount. There may be 2 lakh discount on TATA Aria, why don't you buy that? If you like some car whether there is discount or not you should buy it.

When I bought Innova VX last September there was 60k discount. Even if there was none I would have bought it anyway.

That's just my personal opinion.
can't agree with your statment that "one should never buy cars based on discount". People are different , so when it comes to spent 15L plus of hard earned money, looking for dscounts are normal.
Old 19th June 2014, 14:09   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can't agree with your statment that "one should never buy cars based on discount". People are different , so when it comes to spent 15L plus of hard earned money, looking for dscounts are normal.
Owing to basis laws of supply and demand - why would a manufacturer give discount..because at that point in time, people are not willing to buy his product as the said price. Indirectly, it may mean that there is not enough perceived value in the product at that price.

"discount" does not mean the manufacturer cares for the customer, on the contrary, in lot of cases, it may mean that the manufacturer has not cared about the customer while designing the product and hence now is forced to sell at a lower price point.

My suggestion is to purchase what fits your need - if you need a 6 seater, cheak out the last Row of XUV and decide whether it can ferry adults / 12+ yr old kids
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 18:13   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Owing to basis laws of supply and demand - why would a manufacturer give discount..because at that point in time, people are not willing to buy his product as the said price. Indirectly, it may mean that there is not enough perceived value in the product at that price.

"discount" does not mean the manufacturer cares for the customer, on the contrary, in lot of cases, it may mean that the manufacturer has not cared about the customer while designing the product and hence now is forced to sell at a lower price point.

My suggestion is to purchase what fits your need - if you need a 6 seater, cheak out the last Row of XUV and decide whether it can ferry adults / 12+ yr old kids
It's purely personal choice to wait for discount or not. Every one will have their own reasons to give or not to give including the manufactures.
shalini_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:07   #191
BHPian

I have been following this thread for some time and I think I agree with the general view this MUV is reliable and durable. Specially @GTO earlier on "you can't go wrong with it".

I was in the market for a UV (already have a i20 and Verna SX Petrol), so I guess Toyota Innova is the incumbent to complete my garage.

So, how does this combination look -

a) VX Diesel model 7 seater with the captain seat in middle row (have a driver, so...)
b) Stanley leather custom interiors (top of the line finish in biege and dark brown combination)
c) CASKA (yes, my old friend from the Verna ICE thread) head unit - the new Andriod 4.2 one with 3G SIM + JBL/HK speakers to replace the stock ones
d) R75 Pirelli tyres (broader but same size, you reckon?)

And yes, @scorpiobharath, I agree the decal is cheesy on the Z model and the spoiler is meaningless in a heavy, pliant vehicle.

Please help me with comments / inputs here.
allinbalance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:20   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post

And yes, @scorpiobharath, I agree the decal is cheesy on the Z model and the spoiler is meaningless in a heavy, pliant vehicle.

Congrats on your decision to go for the Innova. The captain seats is something I miss in my 8-str Innova. It is definitely a good addition however you will face 2 problems with it.
1. Since the captain seats don't tumble down you have very little space to go in the last row. Which can be a problem for more healthy people.

2. If at all there is a sixth or eight person it is very difficult to accommodate him/her. I am saying sixth also because peolple when going on short trips avoid going on the last row saying that it's here only why take so much effort.
Do factor in these 2 points in your decision making.

About the tyres I will recommend you to stick to 205 profiles, no doubt 225's will add improved grip and braking but you don't need it in a 102 BHP MUV.
Instead opt for a good silicon based tyre like Michelins or Yokohama's. I personally am using Michelin XM2+. Amazing tyres I must say. Pirelli's are no doubt good you could try those too, but in the stock profile.
Enjoy your Innova!

Last edited by dean5545 : 25th June 2014 at 16:21.
Old 25th June 2014, 16:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
1. Since the captain seats don't tumble down you have very little space to go in the last row. Which can be a problem for more healthy people.

2. If at all there is a sixth or eight person it is very difficult to accommodate him/her. I am saying sixth also because peolple when going on short trips avoid going on the last row saying that it's here only why take so much effort.
Do factor in these 2 points in your decision making.
Thanks @dean5545, these are good inputs. By the way, from the original review page, I saw that the captain seats do slide and lean forward. Right? My reckon is the third seat is really for my children - they are lean girls - going after their mother! Should be all right, do you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
About the tyres I will recommend you to stick to 205 profiles, no doubt 225's will add improved grip and braking but you don't need it in a 102 BHP MUV.
Instead opt for a good silicon based tyre like Michelins or Yokohama's. I personally am using Michelin XM2+. Amazing tyres I must say. Pirelli's are no doubt good you could try those too, but in the stock profile.
Enjoy your Innova!
@dean5545 Again, this is logical. Yokohama is a very reliable option and I know Madhu's at Bangalore well. They have good alignment equipment - specially for camber adjustment.

Does anyone have any comment for the upholstery or the ICE?
Old 25th June 2014, 16:34   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinbalance View Post
I have been following this thread for some time and I think I agree with the general view this MUV is reliable and durable. Specially @GTO earlier on "you can't go wrong with it".

I was in the market for a UV (already have a i20 and Verna SX Petrol), so I guess Toyota Innova is the incumbent to complete my garage.

So, how does this combination look -

a) VX Diesel model 7 seater with the captain seat in middle row (have a driver, so...)
b) Stanley leather custom interiors (top of the line finish in biege and dark brown combination)
c) CASKA (yes, my old friend from the Verna ICE thread) head unit - the new Andriod 4.2 one with 3G SIM + JBL/HK speakers to replace the stock ones

VX D 7 is the best VFM model out there. the ZX is just an attempt to price the innova higher.

7 seater captain is the best luxury feature of the innova. Stanley leather is much better than the leather in ZX. Caska HU + Speaker updgrade will give you the best sound system. I am not sure if that model of Caska comes with a dolby decoder, which the orignal system has. Map my india has a bolt-on unit for the Innova/Fortuner. However, if you must go with Caska, i would suggest to buy a pioneeer sound processor for 20K.

Broader tires will make the steering heavy and reduce mileage by upto 2 kms, but since you have a chauffer, i dont think it should matter much

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th June 2014 at 16:45.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:48   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
VX D 7 is the best VFM model out there. the ZX is just an attempt to price the innova higher.

7 seater captain is the best luxury feature of the innova. Stanley leather is much better than the leather in ZX. Caska HU + Speaker updgrade will give you the best sound system. I am not sure if that model of Caska comes with a dolby decoder, which the orignal system has. Map my india has a bolt-on unit for the Innova/Fortuner. However, if you must go with Caska, i would suggest to buy a pioneeer sound processor for 20K.

Broader tires will make the steering heavy and reduce mileage by upto 2 kms, but since you have a chauffer, i dont it should matter much
@scorpiobharath Aha! So you did see my post!

1. VX D7 White is the model, then!

2. Stanley leather premium trim is what I will go for. Two questions -
a) does the VX D7 model have the leather wrapping on the steering?
b) in white, do you recommend the black leather interiors or a combination light/dark?

3. I was talking to Karan / AutoTrendz and he mentioned a 4th generation CASKA Innova HU which was Andriod KitKat OS, MapMyIndia (in SD Card), 3G SIM for apps and games, distributed display for head beackrest. Total cost will be almost up to INR 85-100k including the backrest display and remote + speakers + fitment.

I will check on the Dolby Decoder, but does it matter with Digital Mp3/Mp4 music?

4. Is the Sound Processor for better 5.1 spread, or is it mainly to boost gain from the HU to the speakers?

5. For tires, I believe @dean5545 suggestion makes more engineering sense - stock size, but better quality of rubber is what will improve road grip. Really don't need more meat in a placid vehicle like this one. Besides, both my driver and me are light footed.

Do let me know your comments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks