Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 14:04   #211
BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Thanks for the info,

i have paired only one phone, samsung galaxy, will try with another model and update,

And sure i will insist to change the wiper blades. i was also worried about the rubber hardening, but Nippon guys were confident that it is not an issue at all, let us see,
Old 6th September 2014, 01:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
I had swapped the OEM Tyres, Goodyear GT3 with Michelin XM2 stock size at the time of delivery itself. I keep 30 PSI all around when me, wifey and my two children travel and the ride quality is exemplary. When I travel with 7 adults I increase the tyre pressure to 33 PSI all around and the ride quality actually improves (ride quality improves with load - it's my observation).

Even on concrete road the ride quality is good but tyre noise goes up. I suggest you keep 30 PSI all around when the vehicle is not fully loaded (as in only two people in the captain seats) or 33 PSI all around when loaded to get a good balance between ride quality and resistance to puncture and tyre burst.

Thanks.
Thanks for your response Mroptimist. I have tried upto 32 PSI but never tried 30 PSI. Will try and see if there is any difference.

Is your observation about ride quality experience based on occupying the middle row seats Or the front seats?

Innova is known for its ride quality but our experience has been very different. I find it very uncomfortable with just 1 or 2 people in the middle row especially on the Mumbai Pune Expressway. The driver and the co- passenger in the front seat position are comparatively better. I know many people would disagree but I personally feel the innova comfort factor is over rated. This opinion is strictly based on being chauffeured around on a concrete road like Mumbai Pune Expressway.

I agree that the ride quality is much better when fully loaded.

Last edited by LoneWolf9 : 6th September 2014 at 01:28.
Old 6th September 2014, 02:11   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Thanks for your response Mroptimist. I have tried upto 32 PSI but never tried 30 PSI. Will try and see if there is any difference.

Is your observation about ride quality experience based on occupying the middle row seats Or the front seats?

Innova is known for its ride quality but our experience has been very different. I find it very uncomfortable with just 1 or 2 people in the middle row especially on the Mumbai Pune Expressway. The driver and the co- passenger in the front seat position are comparatively better. I know many people would disagree but I personally feel the innova comfort factor is over rated. This opinion is strictly based on being chauffeured around on a concrete road like Mumbai Pune Expressway.

My observations on ride quality of Innova are both from the driver's as well as middle row passenger's position (More often as a driver). With stock Goodyear GT3 tyres the ride quality and tyre noise both are horrible at all speeds. Upgrade of tyres to some better rubber like Michelin XM2 is immensely helpful. Try 30 PSI all round (especially front) and tell me the difference. Innova any way comes with a stiffer suspension so low speed ride will be slightly worse than high speed one.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:18   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post

This might sound silly, but if you rely on the petrol pump's pressure gauge, you might want to compare with another pump, or a personal digital gauge. A higher pressure significantly worsens ride quality.

I have my own digital gauge, and have been happy with the ride quality following Toyota's recommended pressure settings. I over inflate one day, and drop pressure to the required pressure the next morning before driving out (to make sure its the cold tire pressure). Yes, dropping to 30 improves ride quality big time, but am sure that must be impacting fuel mileage too

By the way, my experience with ride quality wasn't very different with just 2 passengers or 7. However, remember that I religiously set pressure to 33 (all 4) with 2 passengers and 33/36 with 6 or 7 passengers. I use a modern cycle pump for that (15 pushes increases the pressure by 1 psi, on the 15 inch / 205mm Innova stock tire). Yes, the vehicle feels lighter to drive with only 2 passengers, but I guess that might be because of the reduced load on the powerless 102 bhp engine.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:14   #215
BHPian

Friends, I am facing a couple of problems with my Innova (2008 G 7 seater)
1. Spongy Brakes - At times I feel that the brakes lack the bite, at times its just about OK. Result - i am not completely comfortable while driving.
2. I had a big puncture in my tire. The local guy is saying that I now need to run it with a tube, as the hole is too big. I know that it is not related to the innova, but what would your advice be. The tires have done around 40K Kms , and are Yokos - 225/15.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-image-3.jpeg  

Old 19th September 2014, 23:09   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Friends, I am facing a couple of problems with my Innova (2008 G 7 seater)

2. I had a big puncture in my tire. The local guy is saying that I now need to run it with a tube, as the hole is too big. I know that it is not related to the innova, but what would your advice be. The tires have done around 40K Kms , and are Yokos - 225/15.
Considering that Innovas run a lot on the highways (high speed driving), I wouldn't recommend running a tubeless tire with a tube inside it. My understanding is that rims for tubeless tires incorporate a design different from that for tube type tires. I suggest you take the tire to the authorized dealer (Bridgestone / Good Year / whoever made the tire) and ask them if it can be repaired. If it cannot be, I think you will have to go for a replacement .
sdmn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:21   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Considering that Innovas run a lot on the highways (high speed driving), I wouldn't recommend running a tubeless tire with a tube inside it. My understanding is that rims for tubeless tires incorporate a design different from that for tube type tires. I suggest you take the tire to the authorized dealer (Bridgestone / Good Year / whoever made the tire) and ask them if it can be repaired. If it cannot be, I think you will have to go for a replacement .
Hey, Thanks. I did that and got the same repaired. Infact, the tire guy was telling me that I was being taken for a ride - being asked to put a tube.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:41   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Hey, Thanks. I did that and got the same repaired. Infact, the tire guy was telling me that I was being taken for a ride - being asked to put a tube.
Excellent!

By the way, can you share with us how exactly the dealership went about repairing that hole? That'll be useful for the rest of us in the forum as well.
Old 24th September 2014, 14:58   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Excellent!

By the way, can you share with us how exactly the dealership went about repairing that hole? That'll be useful for the rest of us in the forum as well.
Sure, the tire was ripped pretty badly with the strands of the radial showing in. So the tire was removed from the wheel and the guy first used some kind of a polishing stone attached to a drilling bit to iron that out. After that he had a specialized rubber which he molded (between his fingers) and laid over it. He put copious amount of the rubber. so much so that there is now a small bump inside the tire. He then stuck a patch over it. Its been a few hundred kilometers since that and there is no issue with the tire. My dealer was telling me that the tire has at-least another 20K life in it.

Last edited by an_and : 24th September 2014 at 15:00.
an_and is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 22:00   #220
BHPian

Booked Innova VX today for delivery on 30th. Expected to come with either Goodyear or Bridgestones. Please advise on replacement to Michelin Energy XM2 or Yoko C drive? Use will be about 50 Km daily in city and 2-3 trips to mountains in a year.

Although VX model has back camera but the sales advisor suggested installation of audio alert additionally. I will be very thankful for an opinion on that as well or on any other item.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 23:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Booked Innova VX today for delivery on 30th. Expected to come with either Goodyear or Bridgestones. Please advise on replacement to Michelin Energy XM2 or Yoko C drive? Use will be about 50 Km daily in city and 2-3 trips to mountains in a year.

Although VX model has back camera but the sales advisor suggested installation of audio alert additionally. I will be very thankful for an opinion on that as well or on any other item.
Congratulations DwarkaDelhiWala for booking the Innova VX. Booking on 27th and delivery on 30th, you are quite lucky to get the car delivery that fast. Have a couple of queries. Hope you can answer these:
  • Is it s 7 seater or 8 seater and what colour?
  • How much is the final on-road price?
  • Any discounts/offers/accessories/freebies?
Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your Innova.
Old 28th September 2014, 06:19   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations DwarkaDelhiWala for booking the Innova VX. Booking on 27th and delivery on 30th, you are quite lucky to get the car delivery that fast. Have a couple of queries. Hope you can answer these:
  • Is it s 7 seater or 8 seater and what colour?
  • How much is the final on-road price?
  • Any discounts/offers/accessories/freebies?
Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your Innova.
Thanks AutoIndian.
  • 7 seater.
  • Basic On Road Price is 1704747. Additionally, 3M package (13017). TGA Package (6834), 4th year Toyota Protection Plan (10000), Insurance premium on Road Tax Amount (3229). Discount : 15000.
  • Final On Road Price : 1722827.
  • No accessories or freebies.
Old 28th September 2014, 09:46   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Thanks AutoIndian.
  • 7 seater.
  • Basic On Road Price is 1704747. Additionally, 3M package (13017). TGA Package (6834), 4th year Toyota Protection Plan (10000), Insurance premium on Road Tax Amount (3229). Discount : 15000.
  • Final On Road Price : 1722827.
  • No accessories or freebies.
Thank you for answering my queries DwarkaDelhiWala, have few more
  • 3M package - What all is included in this?
  • TGA Package - Does it stand for Toyota Genuine Accessories, what does it include?
  • 4th year Toyota Protection Plan - Is this the extended warranty for 4th year (beyond the standard 3 year company warranty)? What all is included in this?
  • Insurance premium on Road Tax Amount (3229) - Didn't get this. What is this for?
Old 28th September 2014, 11:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you for answering my queries DwarkaDelhiWala, have few more
  • 3M package - What all is included in this?
  • TGA Package - Does it stand for Toyota Genuine Accessories, what does it include?
  • 4th year Toyota Protection Plan - Is this the extended warranty for 4th year (beyond the standard 3 year company warranty)? What all is included in this?
  • Insurance premium on Road Tax Amount (3229) - Didn't get this. What is this for?
  • 3M Package : 3M paint protection of upper body, Inner panels protection, underbody anti-corrosion.
  • TGA Package : Fabric mats including trunk, mud flap, side visor.
  • 4th year TGPP : Its dealer offered. I've cancelled it.
  • This insurance premium is on Road tax amount (181692) in case of theft.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:41   #225
Senior - BHPian

Just to give a perspective to what can Innova swallow along with 6 adults, 3 children out of which 2 needing individual decent seating space going on the rough and worst roads of Nagar Bypass, Aurangabad to Buldana just done recently...

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-dsc_0149-custom.jpg

Leaving aside the 3 gunny bags and a laptop bag, the boot swallowed all, in addition allowing space for all and a decently comfy ride without bottoming out on those tricky stretches, without any damage to the car and no squeaky business at the end of the travel (and to add, on a 9 year old Innova). Large water bottles got easily stuffed below seats alongwith the 1 ltr ones in the door pockets.

We had topped her likewise in Ladakh and several past trips but this was really OTT bellyful.

Not to boast of anything particularly, but if needed she can really get down to bellyful business for sure.
parsh is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed