Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2018, 13:44   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Not sure if this is an issue or not.

The brake pedal on our 2012 Innova VX 2.5 D is spongy or so I feel. In parked condition with engine running if I press the brake pedal 4 times or so, the pedal becomes hard and the brake light indicator on instrument console comes ON. Car has done 58500 kms.
Happens in my Innova too. However in running condition it has not effected the braking.
However the occurrence of the issue came down after getting brake bleeding done. Interestingly this issue doesn't seem to occur in my Fortuner.

Last edited by dean5545 : 4th October 2018 at 13:45.
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 16:58   #272
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Default 2014 Toyota Innova queries

Hi guys

Our 2014 Innova, (1.1Lakh kms) seems to be due for a suspension overhaul, it has kind of floaty feeling these days. Tyres were replaced about 30k kms ago and tread appears to be fine. I need help with below queries:

1) Is there an option of softer dampers/spring set-up; the one thing I dislike about Innova is the stiff ride quality and want to remedy it. My father's (primary user) pattern is only City driving in Bombay (80kms/day). If yes, what make/brand and where could I get it? Our vehicle is now it is warranty and I'm not bound or interested in getting it fixed at Toyota Incase of 3rd party spares.

2) Secondly, the touch screen audio has recently gone bust and shows only the Toyota logo! (Pic attached). Any idea what might be the problem? When asked at Madhuban Toyota, we were told they have to remove the unit and send to Bangalore for diagnosis at estimated cost of INR 4K, regardless of whether it gets fixed or not. That seems a little absurd to me. I haven't had the time really to take it to a local workshop for trouble shooting yet, so any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-1577359537242.jpg  

Last edited by RJK : 26th December 2019 at 17:00.
Old 27th December 2019, 22:20   #273
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Any one, any response?
Old 28th December 2019, 00:39   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
1) Is there an option of softer dampers/spring set-up; ... Toyota Incase of 3rd party spares.

2) Secondly,... appreciated.
My 2012 Innova has done 77K kms (it will complete 78K tomorrow) and suspension is holding up fine. However, in order to decide if I should be keeping the vehicle with me for long I did search a bit for aftermarket parts of Innova's suspension as Toyota parts are very expensive, front four control arms and two rear arms cost more than 50K. Unfortunately, there are almost next to no aftermarket option in case of Innova's suspension. The only option is to confirm if Hilux parts fit or not, in case they do then there could be a few options. Innova was not sold in EU so almost all aftermarket brands in EU are not having Innova parts listed. But they do have Hilux parts. I wont recommend softer set up, it will have impact on high speed behavior. I have observed that at 28-29 PSI the ride quality is much better and absorbent. It goes for a toss at 32 PSI and above.

I did face a concern when a CD wont come out of music system. It was eventually pulled by the service center but they did tell me that in case it doesn't, the system will have to be sent to Bangalore, something I wasn't happy about. In your case, sending the music system to Bangalore is the only available option.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 28th December 2019 at 00:43.
Old 28th December 2019, 01:45   #275
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Toyota Innova queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Secondly, the touch screen audio has recently gone bust and shows only the Toyota logo! (Pic attached). Any idea what might be the problem?
May sound silly, but, can you just disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and reconnect the same after 10-15 minutes?! See if that wakes up the HU.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th December 2019 at 01:52.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 17:22   #276

Hello all, I wanted some advice. We currently have a Toyota Innova 2009 model with about 95k km on it. I wanted to know if it is a wise idea to exchange for a new one or keep the current steed? Keeping in mind, COVID as well, I want to understand if it makes sense to change the Innova. It is running flawlessly by the way.
Old 11th May 2020, 20:12   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepravi View Post
Hello all, I wanted some advice. We currently have a Toyota Innova 2009 model with about 95k km on it. I wanted to know if it is a wise idea to exchange for a new one or keep the current steed? Keeping in mind, COVID as well, I want to understand if it makes sense to change the Innova. It is running flawlessly by the way.
Why fix something which ain't broken.

If your vehicle is mechanically sound which you say it is and if it is meeting all your requirements, please don't sell it.
Your Toyota has a bullet proof engine which will run flawlessly even at 200,000 kms if maintained properly.

Regards
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed