Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 23:11   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Agree that GTO did not quote Innova as being less reliable, regret the typo. But he did quote that higher power / lower rpm means less wear and tear - I thought he implied reliability here, even if so indirectly.

And to your point, I do not know that the 2.5 VGT fortuner is "As reliable" as the innova. Note that here I include engine life as part of reliability.. ..tell me why VGTs are not put in Innova if all that is required is one item that will probably cost INR 30000 more or so (My guess). Maybe the answer lies in reduced long term life (indirectly ..reliability) because of this combo and maybe, just maybe, the current combo has higher engine life that cabbies need instead of 30 extra horses that will probably guzzle more fuel and frontload the overhaul!

All I am saying is that incremental innovation in the current combo is not easy, maybe transformational innovation is the need of the hour.
Agreed but the way you're saying it basically means that Toyota is making Innovas for the cabbies and not for the regular customers.

Why not launch the high end Z variant with this VGT and get best of both worlds?

Another possibility is that maybe they just want to milk the customer by charging more for a so called refresh rather than spending 30 grand on the VGT.
Old 28th October 2013, 23:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Agreed but the way you're saying it basically means that Toyota is making Innovas for the cabbies and not for the regular customers.

Why not launch the high end Z variant with this VGT and get best of both worlds?

Another possibility is that maybe they just want to milk the customer by charging more for a so called refresh rather than spending 30 grand on the VGT.
I agree with that the Z variant should be launched with VGTs at least..this version is least likely to see the kind of mileage that the G/E variants undergo. If they are milking then not visible - in thailand, Innova is 15% more expensive than corollas, here it is the other way round.

Try as I might, I cannot get around the rough edges that most of the competition presents.

My innova has done 72k kms of rural/suburban/expressway mix and it never fails to amaze me with the way this car has aged. No wearing out of dashboard plastic, rattles, squeaks, power loss..no..nothing and I am almost a die hard fan of this machine, even if I so much wish it had a 6th gear - thats the one thing that I want.
102bhp on paper is low, but these are really strong horses and I for one have rarely felt the need for more power. Lets hope the new version in 2016 is a transformational upgrade.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 28th October 2013 at 23:38.
Buffetfan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 00:07   #78
BANNED

Excellent thread!

I believe it will take Honda and Hyundai to give the Innova real competition - the apples to apples type. The existing competitors just don't seem to be taking Toyota head on!

Read about Honda coming with an MPV - I hope they're not launching an Ertiga competitor. Some like the Odyssey would be cool.

And what happened to Hyundai's Hexaspace?
Old 30th October 2013, 10:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Toyo...acelift-27.jpg

Is that very hard to add after market dead pedals? Is that something exist in the market? After investing whopping 17 Lakh, you can't see this feature which is available in a 5 Lakh i10 Auto.

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/Toyo...facelif-01.jpg

I can't imaging the amount of silver garnish the next version of innova is going to have. Will it spread over the bonnet too?
Old 30th October 2013, 10:45   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Is that very hard to add after market dead pedals? Is that something exist in the market? After investing whopping 17 Lakh, you can't see this feature which is available in a 5 Lakh i10 Auto.
Not sure if anyone driven Innova has felt the need for dead pedals. With the higher seating position, and ample front seat travel, you have quite a lot of space, and can rest the left foot comfortably on the floor.

Even if there was a dead pedal, it would be a stretch to reach that, and it may be more comfortable to rest the foot on the floor. I had used dead pedal of my Santro very extensively on long drives, but never ever searched for that in Innova.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 10:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Not sure if anyone driven Innova has felt the need for dead pedals. With the higher seating position, and ample front seat travel, you have quite a lot of space, and can rest the left foot comfortably on the floor.

Even if there was a dead pedal, it would be a stretch to reach that, and it may be more comfortable to rest the foot on the floor. I had used dead pedal of my Santro very extensively on long drives, but never ever searched for that in Innova.
A tall person like me would certainly love one such. I tried to install in my Scorpio which my foot was longing after I used to it in my tiny i10. Until you used to it, you may not find it needy. But certainly a welcoming addition,

If there is a way to install one after market, I will just run to get one done.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 23:07   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
A tall person like me would certainly love one such. I tried to install in my Scorpio which my foot was longing after I used to it in my tiny i10. Until you used to it, you may not find it needy. But certainly a welcoming addition,

If there is a way to install one after market, I will just run to get one done.
I agree with samm. At 6"00, I am tall for an Indian, and have had dead pedals in all the cars I have owned / continue to own(Uno, Baleno, Santro) till now and immediately cursed Toyota after taking delivery on Innova (No dead pedal).

Living with the car for 4 years changed my view. Dead pedals are useful when the footwell is cramped and moving foot around is likely to get the foot stuck beneath the pedal. In the Innova, the footwell space the really generous and in fact I love having no dead pedal and having the space to move the foot around on long drives. In stop start traffic, you can put the foot on the clutch - it is firm enough not to yield and cause slippage.
Buffetfan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 10:46   #83
P76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Excellent thread!

Read about Honda coming with an MPV - I hope they're not launching an Ertiga competitor. Some like the Odyssey would be cool.

And what happened to Hyundai's Hexaspace?
The Honda Odyssey competes with the Toyota Sienna in the US, both are petrol driven and in a different league when compared to the Innova. The Toyota Wish or the Previa sold in the Asian markets would be a more logical upgrade for the Innova, but I am sure they would cost a lot more than the Innova here in India.
Old 31st October 2013, 14:31   #84
BHPian

Great review to the minutest of the detail , but in my opinion the pre facelift front looked much better than the present one. Although toyota has a best seller in form of innova but pricing is not justified especially for versions above GX.
Old 31st October 2013, 19:20   #85
BHPian

I have just read on the internet that the waiting period for the innova is as long as 8 months! That clearly says a lot about the car, it's expensive, it's fundamentals are solid and whatever it looks like externally (yes I'm talking about the grill and tail!) it will always be in high demand.
Old 2nd November 2013, 22:31   #86
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
OMG. one could literally buy two Ertiga ZDI for the price of one top end Innova!
Not just buy, you could actually drive 2 as well with the efficient 1.3L DDIS.

Innova was ahead of the competition when it replaced Qualis, its aged beyond its prime now.
Old 3rd November 2013, 06:54   #87
BHPian

My dad is a proud owner of a 2007 may innova G4 7 seater diesel. It's done 2.15 lakh Kms. Till date he loves the car. Can't think of any replacement other than a new innova. Bullet proof reliability and super comfort. Except for the seats fabric nothing has gone wrong with the car. Maintenance costs are very very low when compared to the competition.
arbind85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 18:14   #88
BHPian

Saw this in flesh and it looks not so good IMHO, I remember seeing an innova with an almost similar front grill mod in weird and wacky thread section couple of years back.

was able to find the picture of it too after a lil effort
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-dsc_0306.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 18th November 2013 at 21:13. Reason: Posts merged. You can edit your post for up-to 20 mins after you press send. Thanks!
Old 7th December 2013, 01:52   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
• Garish front grille design! The earlier (2012) facelift was far more pleasing to the eyes
I think it should be possible to retro-fit the 2012 front-grill and bumper to replace the new hideous grill. The headlamps are the same and the bonnet also looks to be almost identical. So I think it should not be too difficult. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 24th December 2013, 16:27   #90
BHPian

thanks for the lovely review parrys!

i just booked mine today, VX 7 seater in grey mica
slicks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks