Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 17:40   #256
BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends I am planning to go for the side foot steps/ foot board for my Innova.
I am not going to answer the which brand of footboard question, but I thought I will share a perspective I read here and heard outside that at times this board can scrape those nasty speed breakers; more likely so than those apartment columns.

Interestingly, my car wash guy requested me to install these as it would help him reach the roof to clean it better as he was struggling on this toes.

Its a personal choice that I didnt install the footboard.
Old 13th January 2015, 09:13   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I am not going to answer the which brand of footboard question, but I thought I will share a perspective I read here and heard outside that at times this board can scrape those nasty speed breakers; more likely so than those apartment columns.
Due to the longer wheelbase of the Innova, these footboards are prone to scraping over huge bumps. By the way, just to let you know, I have already gone ahead and fitted the foot board of M-Tek make (costed me Rs 5,800/- with fitment). Its been more than a month now and touchwood, it has not scraped as of yet. However keeping my fingers crossed. Below are the two pictures of the footboard.

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-another-view-lhs-foot-step-place-ready-use.jpg

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-exterior1.jpg

Quote:
Interestingly, my car wash guy requested me to install these as it would help him reach the roof to clean it better as he was struggling on this toes.

Its a personal choice that I didnt install the footboard.
I appreciate your choice. However I do agree with your car wash guy. The footboard comes in handy to get a good view of the car roof while cleaning it. More than that for me it is the convenience for my 85+ year old Granny and 72+ year old Dad that matters the most and these oldies now don't mind getting in and out of the car multiple times when on a long trip, courtesy these side foot steps.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 17:35   #258
BHPian

Quote:
More than that for me it is the convenience for my 85+ year old Granny and 72+ year old Dad that matters the most and these oldies now don't mind getting in and out of the car multiple times when on a long trip, courtesy these side foot steps.
I did wonder if my post was a bit late in the day. Nevertheless, you did the wise thing. I am sure it makes a world of difference to your folks. OT, I have a dear friend of mine teaches at NID Bangalore and focuses on 'universal design' which is about making everyday things and spaces accessible to senior citizens. He came up with a brilliant design that works as a luggage trolley and also flips easily to help board Indian railway coaches, which can be really stressful for aged. I relate to you. My mom is in that bracket and has osteoarthritis.
dhuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 19:40   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I did wonder if my post was a bit late in the day. Nevertheless, you did the wise thing. I am sure it makes a world of difference to your folks.
No worries mate and thank you for replying to my post though late. You are right the foot steps are a boon to the elderly.

Quote:
OT, I have a dear friend of mine teaches at NID Bangalore and focuses on 'universal design' which is about making everyday things and spaces accessible to senior citizens. He came up with a brilliant design that works as a luggage trolley and also flips easily to help board Indian railway coaches, which can be really stressful for aged. I relate to you. My mom is in that bracket and has osteoarthritis.
That is quite interesting. Can you share the picture of this luggage trolley come rail step? You know what me and my friend were thinking on similar lines. Instead of a permanent footstep, someone should come up with a foldable foot step. It should automatically fall once the door is opened and roll back when the door is shut. I have a feeling that this is not just wishful thinking, but there might be such a kind of accessory available elsewhere in the world.
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:51   #260
Senior - BHPian

Friends, not sure if this is the right thread, but let me share it with you and take your opinion. (mods please move this to the appropriate thread if not found suitable over here). Over the last week end I got the 55K service done of my pre-worshipped Innova. The previous owner of my car handed over to me just one remote key. The spare key is with him, but not traceable. Yesterday I asked the SA what is the cost of making a duplicate remote key (with the immobilizer chip). I was like on hearing the money involved. The programmable key costs a whopping 13.5K and takes 15 days to be delivered once ordered. I don't know what is so great in that key to price it this exorbitantly high. I am going to pursue with my previous owner to hunt for the spare key. Can anyone of your confirm if making a duplicate key with the immobilizer chip is such a cost affair?
Old 5th February 2015, 16:59   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, not sure if this is the right thread, but let me share it with you and take your opinion. (mods please move this to the appropriate thread if not found suitable over here). Over the last week end I got the 55K service done of my pre-worshipped Innova. The previous owner of my car handed over to me just one remote key. The spare key is with him, but not traceable. Yesterday I asked the SA what is the cost of making a duplicate remote key (with the immobilizer chip). I was like on hearing the money involved. The programmable key costs a whopping 13.5K and takes 15 days to be delivered once ordered. I don't know what is so great in that key to price it this exorbitantly high. I am going to pursue with my previous owner to hunt for the spare key. Can anyone of your confirm if making a duplicate key with the immobilizer chip is such a cost affair?
it is possible by some sophisticated key makers. Cost will be high but not as high as 13.5 K. I think for this money, you would get 2-3 keys in an aftermarket shop.

That 13.5K is just for the Reliability and "peace of mind" as an OEM item.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 21:40   #262
BANNED

Hello fellow members. Would like to ask has anybody noticed that Toyota has made changes to the interior of Innova with respect to color tone. Now it comes with oak and black interior plastic which does not look as good as the earlier light tone plastic scheme felt to the eyes. This is purely my personal view but I didn't like this color scheme and the dealer told me that this change has been introduced a couple of months back. Inputs would be much appreciated. I am going for the GX 7 seater diesel version, car has arrived at the dealership and going to take delivery on Friday. Suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
Regards
Old 10th May 2015, 01:25   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, I have heard about this amount (13k upwards) in the past, and think it is genuine. Toyota follows a process. Starting with the dealer verifying the authenticity of the owner (like the R.C etc.), and then Toyota manufacturing the key for that particular VIN number.
sdmn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 07:36   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
Yes, I have heard about this amount (13k upwards) in the past, and think it is genuine. Toyota follows a process. Starting with the dealer verifying the authenticity of the owner (like the R.C etc.), and then Toyota manufacturing the key for that particular VIN number.
Thank you sdmm for that info. I was told by the TASS that a duplicate key with the immobilizer chip only (without the remote) could cost between 2.5 K to 3 K. I would without a doubt prefer this option compared to the exorbitantly priced remote key. I want the duplicate key just as a standby arrangement. But for getting that too I will have to submit the RC card copy with my name as the owner. I am hoping to get my RC card in a months time, then I will go for this duplicate key during my 65K service.
Old 14th June 2016, 11:09   #265
Senior - BHPian

Surprised at the RPM of the engine in top gear at 100 kmph for the petrol engine. A friend sent this: 100 kmph @2500 RPM.

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-untitled.jpg
Old 14th June 2016, 11:10   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Surprised at the RPM of the engine in top gear at 100 kmph for the petrol engine. A friend sent this: 100 kmph @2500 RPM.

Attachment 1517656
Sorry what's the surprise here? RPM looks fine for a petrol car.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 13:02   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Got a chance to drive the Innova last week. We had hired an Innova for an outstation trip. Started at about 1.30 pm on friday for the 720 km trip. 481 of this on the BLR-HYD highway, and then another 240 km on state highways in TS & KA. The driver was not able to contain his sleep, and I took over for the last 2+ hours. The vehicle has about 1.1L on the odo, of mostly Bangalore city usage.

Vehicle was steady at all times, though I found it kind of heavy. The steering was a little heavy, and the clutch a tad hard. Not sure if it was the one-size up ( in dia) of the tyres that contributed to it.

Overall, I think my Storme is a notch above this one.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 10:43   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Vehicle was steady at all times, though I found it kind of heavy. The steering was a little heavy, and the clutch a tad hard. Not sure if it was the one-size up ( in dia) of the tyres that contributed to it.
The clutch and steering of Innova is heavy compared to Storme.
Storme has a much lighter clutch.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:56   #269
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is an issue or not.

The brake pedal on our 2012 Innova VX 2.5 D is spongy or so I feel. In parked condition with engine running if I press the brake pedal 4 times or so, the pedal becomes hard and the brake light indicator on instrument console comes ON. Car has done 58500 kms.

Is this reason to worry ? I had to do an emergency braking from 50 kmph due to unmarked speed breaker and ABS did click in due to some sand over there.

Brake pads were changed once, not sure of Brake Oil. Has anybody else faced this issue ? With engine running, repeated application of brake pedal makes it hard quite soon. Am planning a 700 kms. trip this Saturday.
Old 3rd October 2018, 22:48   #270

Dear all, I have a little doubts that could be clarified. Last week Violinist Balabasker's Innova was involved in an accident in Thiruvananthapuram which eventually lead to his and his daughter's death. The driver is alleged to have dozed off and the vehicle hit a tree head on. The driver is in hospital nursing his injuries, as is Balabhasker's wife. While dozing off on the wheel and not wearing a seatbelt are being attributed to the incident, there was a post on Facebook which said that the ladder-frame chassis of the Innova could also be a reason. It claimed that actor Jagathy Sreekumar was left paralysed after a similar accident involving an Innova.
My doubt is this: has the chassis design got a role in causing/preventing injuries to occupants of an MPV like Innova? (apart from the facts like driver dozing off/occupants not wearing seatbelts)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks