Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 00:56   #16
BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport TDCi : The little Beast - 1,05,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I think its time for an update on how the car is doing. Its been 3.8 years nd 70K kms on the odo that’s quite some mileage.

Do I recommend an ecosport after driving 70k?
If my post warranty servicing is affordable I will definitely recommend one. Purely for the solid build and driving pleasure. In terms of quality its no match to toyota however its almost equal or better compared to suzuki/hyundai/honda.
I am in the market for an Ecosport - Trend/Trend+. Have been fairly convinced till now though some contenders have popped in post my thread here. Just trying to read through your last comment. Any recommendations?
Old 21st April 2017, 09:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
I am in the market for an Ecosport - Trend/Trend+. Have been fairly convinced till now though some contenders have popped in post my thread here. Just trying to read through your last comment. Any recommendations?
I have owned this car now for 3.6 months and completed 8300 km's bulk of it on long trips and very bad roads, this vehicle does not disappoint you as long as you are a sedate driver. The torque delivery is very efficient even on inclined roads, but there is not much power available on tap at higher rpm. It is a very good vehicle for city driving and delivers an FE of 17kmpl for me in Bangalore's traffic, the FE is much higher on highways. The rear seats are not comfortable for adults on long drives because of inadequate cushioning and very stiff suspension. It is still better than Vitara Brezza or TUV 300 in terms of overall driving experience.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st April 2017 at 09:12.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 11:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Its a solidly built car with very good drivability in the diesel avatar. As I told you its been running without any major problems from the past 3+ years. If you are going for one please but the car with 5 years extended warranty. With the extended warranty be rest assured that the maintenance costs will be equal or less than that of other contenders.
Old 24th April 2017, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I think its time for an update on how the car is doing. Its been 3.8 years nd 70K kms on the odo that’s quite some mileage.

The good things first:
  • Its on the original tyres. Yes correct its on the original tyres with atleast 10k life left. That’s phenomenal considering the roads it has been through. Do you know what's the icing on the cake: No punctures yet

The not so good things[list]
[*]Wheel alignment and balancing in the service centers is always a hit or miss. Sometimes they mess up already correct settings.[*]Front brake pads were replaced due to uneven disk wear at 55K. According to the SA it happens due to stone and dusk particles struck between the disk and the pad. The disk still had a lot of thread left in it and I was not convinced with the reason given by the SA. Due to uneven disk wear the steering was wobbling under high speed braking. But the rear brake pads still have atleast 30k life left in them according to the SA and that’s great.
Thats great mileage for the tyre and brake pads ! I would suggest that you change the tyres soon since its 3 years plus.
Old 31st December 2019, 14:09   #20
BHPian

Update at 105000K

It's going strong without any major issues. All maintenance has been carried out at Metro Ford. Now that its closed need to find an alternative.

Irregular vibrations are felt from the engine, especially when idling. Need to get this checked at 110K service.
Got Yokohoma Earth1 at 85K, the OEM MRF's still has some thread left at 85K.
Clutch felt hard and got it overhauled for the first time at 85K against the SA recommendations. I regretted it later as the clutch did not become as smooth as I was expecting. I am unable to remember how the clutch felt when the car was new.
Rear brake pads are still on originals with at least 20K left . Minor rattles are cropping up from the left door and the dash.

Apart from the bone-jarring suspension, I am one happy FORD customer.
Thinking of replacing the car, but the alternatives are not a great step-up and Ecosport's design still feels fresh. I've test-driven other cars but the steering feel and sheer driving pleasure with the EcoSport seem to be absent in other cars at this price point.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st December 2019 at 16:32. Reason: ES = EcoSport. Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars.
sunilg33 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 15:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport TDCi : The little Beast - 1,05,000 km update

Thread moved to the Long-Term Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:29   #22
BHPian

Update @ 125K

The car is now with my brother-in-law as I brought a used Innova Crysta. I get to drive it occasionally. The 120K service was a bit expensive as the timing belt was changed, the windshield water pump also has to be replaced. The total came to around 23K including taxes. However, they were not able to solve the issue with the rear door lock, it randomly gets struck and cant be opened at all. The replacement unit costs around 5K and we might have to get it replaced during the next service.
The little beast got new seat covers and they suit the car well.

I miss the ecosports handling & even more the steering every time I drive the Crysta. The handling of Ecosport is still miles ahead of the competition, even after 8+ years since launch. The car still drives great with no major rattles and we plan to keep it at least a couple more years.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport TDCi : The little Beast - 1,05,000 km update-whatsapp-image-20211117-8.57.29-am.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport TDCi : The little Beast - 1,05,000 km update-whatsapp-image-20211117-8.57.30-am.jpeg  

sunilg33 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 16:22   #23
BHPian

I recently sent my car for the 150,000 km service update. The front shock absorbers were replaced along with a few minor fixes. Although my brother-in-law is the primary driver now, I'm pleased to report that the car remains rattle-free on the occasions I drive it. However, I've grown accustomed to driving automatic vehicles, and the hard clutch of the Ecosport makes city commuting difficult.
sunilg33 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks