Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:53   #46
BHPian

Nahin, I don' Think he was including the amount since the Lamda is out of stock again..However have some friend of yours give a call as a decoy customer and get the information.
Ask to speak with Afreen- As she knows more than the other guys handling queries, Jignesh and Col.Chadha are the Operators- They are the guys to contact once you decide and Make sure you get the installation done when their best installer Daya Shanker is around.
Opt for the 12 Kg cylinder, Since as it is you are not going to save a big space with the 9 Kg one, and plus during summer time 12 Kg cylinder like I have gets around 9 kg of gas ( Max) and with a 9 kg one expect it around 6 Kg so assuming you manage to get 16 Km per Kg- with the 12 Kg cylinder you can clock 144 Kms and with the 9 Kg you get around 96 Kms between Gas fills.
I will keep you posted as soon as I get the Lamda thing done.
Jasmeet Bhai, Hound them yaar, I have already complained thrice, infact I have also set forth legal options for the delay they are creating on the Lamda..Dekho abhi toh mujhse kaha hai Sir, Please some more days..!
Old 22nd October 2006, 20:24   #47

what is ideal range of RPM to be maintained while driving Xeta in city to get good Fuel Economy [FE]?
Old 24th October 2006, 14:05   #48
BHPian

Either mode- CNG or Petrol, I move between 1000-2000, Rarely do I ever shoot 2000-2500..! I been getting consistent FE of 11.8 Km/pl and 16 Km/kg in both Petrol and CNG maintaing the RPM ratio and general speeds of 40-50-60.
Old 29th October 2006, 01:38   #49
BHPian

I got a FE of around 10.8 kmpl in city, havent yet completed 1000 kms. Is it good one? I stick to the rpm range you have mentioned. This is with 100% AC ON.
Old 29th October 2006, 09:05   #50
BHPian

Its the mileage I also got, But I was using HP Power Fuel, The moment I shifted to HP Unleaded Normal, The mileage increased..! I suggest you use normal fuel for at least 1500 Km and then Mix and Match power fuel.
Moreover the performance increased around 1500 + Km for me, I felt the car pulling and responding better.
Old 29th October 2006, 14:08   #51
BHPian

I am using Speed since day 1; completed 1000 km today

Will try the regular one next time.
Old 8th November 2006, 16:47   #52
BHPian

Hi guys

just let me know if i should service my car before cng installation or do it after it is installed.

i have clocked 2000 kms already.

will wait for your reply.. wolfi..guess you will be able to help me here

thanks
Old 11th November 2006, 19:20   #53
BHPian

Suggest you get the CNG installation done first and all clear from the CNG Vendor, After that the First service which will come due at 5000 Km will serve for any fine tune ups required.

The CNG vendor will have to make adjustements in the CNG reducer for Idling so you may need to spin your car around to find that right adjustment you like.
Old 27th November 2006, 19:41   #54

Approximately how much litres of petrol is there in Fuel tank when that Amber light on Fuel indicators starts glowing (in xeta)?
Old 1st December 2006, 22:27   #55
BHPian

around 5- 7 Ltr....!
Old 4th January 2007, 17:24   #56
BHPian

Just came across an update, All CNG retrofitted cars before Dec 2006, Should visit Shrimanker and get the wiring connections soldered.
The old practice was to cut,connect and join..But now they are soldering the connections so that there is more protection from any spark or engine check errors.
This is not official, You need to visit them and get it done..covered under warranty.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:54   #57
BHPian

Another Update- TATA has asked all CNG fitted Xeta to have a

Manual Fuel Pump switch installed- for safety and shutting the pump completely

Diode Installed to regulate the Voltage to the ECU module and prevent any spike or short.

Total cost for these is Rs.140 as paid by Deep at TASC for His XETA GVG 1.2
Old 26th May 2007, 23:17   #58
BHPian

Important

TATA Motors has asked all CNG XETA owners with Shrimanker Bedini Kit.

To visit Shrimanker Outlets and Get the New Wiring-Emmulator and Lamda ECU Replaced- Free of Cost

You need to approach your dealer and get a letter and get the replacement during 28 May- 31 May.

This is mandatory for all those cars which are having Check Engine, Stalling, Low Pickup, Low FE on CNG Installation.

The Camp is done by TATA motors with a Service Manager deputed at each Shrimanker outlet in Ahemdabad,New Delhi and Mumbai.

Please Inform All XETA owners you know, to get the change done at the earliest.
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:57   #59
BHPian

Hi,

Deep and I got the Retrofittment done on Monday.

I also got the Throttle cleaned and Air Filter changed.

I cannot confirm the exact FE right now, Since I filled in 7.89 Kg of CNG and currently on 89.2 Km, 99% AC

The Improvement in Pick UP and Peformance is commendable, The car feels more responsive on lower gear pickups.

The issues of Missing, Backfire, Low Power,Check Engine Error ( Lamda Rich Mixture) are resolved with the New Improved Lamda ECU from Bedini, which includes XETA Specific Re-map.

The Advantages of the New ECU are- Direct Pulses to the Car ECU, Gas Changeover at 2000 RPM and Petrol Changeover at 4500 RPM and Back into Gas on Deaccelaration.

The New Wiring is Tested at both ARAI and TATA and is OEM from Motherson Sumi, It is said to remove the soldering procedure and surges- with better quality Wires designed to take adequate Load and Heat- The Wiring is Coupler Based allround.

The best part is All parts are OEM Bedini, earlier the Wiring, Emmulator and Stepper were locally resourced.

Warranty for all Items replaced has been extended for 6 months.

Old Emmulator- Techno

New Emmulator Bedini

Removal

Old Wiring

New Wiring

Direct ECU Coupler

Stepper Motor Acctuator

The New Lamda ECU

Old 2nd June 2007, 22:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

After the above said modification, the car is running like never before. Its a lot more smoother and the power has increased dramatically through all gears. I had been having having idling issues in the last month or so with CNG but all that is history now. As for FE, we got the work done on Monday, emptied the tank on Monday night, filled up on Tuesday morning worth Rs 165 (8.6KG) and emptied the tank today morning and had clocked 140km on this tankfull. This gives an FE of 16.3 with 100% AC which translates into approx 1.2 ruppes per km. WOW!!!!!

Just for the record, the FE before this modification varied between 13.5-14 with 100% AC and the performance was hopeless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks