Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 13:52   #31
J.Ravi

Re: A dream come true: My Purple Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I was just thinking of it because of the colour.
Have a California Car Duster or Jopasu car duster [I keep one each in the garage and my Linea's boot] for daily dusting for a few minutes before driving out. Once in a week, give a thorough water-wash [for daily use/monsoon months]; otherwise, once in a month [for weekend-use/dry period]. Once in a coupla months, water-wash followed by waxing and polishing [in two sessions] will help preserve glittering exteriors. I have been doing this exercise [literally and metaphorically!] for all my past and present cars successfully. My Linea still retains her shining exteriors even after 4 years even without any of these protective coatings done by the external agencies.
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 18:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Have a California Car Duster or Jopasu car duster [I keep one each in the garage and my Linea's boot] for daily dusting for a few minutes before driving out. Once in a week, give a thorough water-wash [for daily use/monsoon months]; otherwise, once in a month [for weekend-use/dry period]. Once in a coupla months, water-wash followed by waxing and polishing [in two sessions] will help preserve glittering exteriors. I have been doing this exercise [literally and metaphorically!] for all my past and present cars successfully. My Linea still retains her shining exteriors even after 4 years even without any of these protective coatings done by the external agencies.
Thanks. I will keep the above points in mind and hope that the shine and colour on my car remains as yours
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 17:31   #33
BHPian

congrats on your new buy , do keep us posted if you feel any niggles , hope mahindra have sorted out the previous ones , good choice of the color.
happy motoring.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 18:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
congrats on your new buy , do keep us posted if you feel any niggles , hope mahindra have sorted out the previous ones , good choice of the color.
happy motoring.
Thanks. So far so good. I too hope to have a niggle free ownership. Mahindra seems to have ironed out most of the issues in the initial batch but only time will tell how much of it holds in the long run.
Old 15th November 2013, 19:06   #35
BHPian

Congratulations Manasmadaan.
Your beast looks "awesome" in that purple color.
Happy driving.
iVento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 21:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Congratulations Manasmadaan.
Your beast looks "awesome" in that purple color.
Happy driving.
Thanks. I agree with you. The colour looks gorgeous if kept clean and shining. However that in itself can be quite tedious
Old 15th November 2013, 23:05   #37

Nice write up Manasmadaan, Great Buy. The XUV is a beautiful vehicle. Here's Wishing you a wonderful ownership experience.

My W6 is 7 months and 8000Kms old, practically niggle free and I just have loved driving every km of it. Though it is my second car and was meant to be my weekend and long distance drive, the XUV by choice has become my daily runabout.
Love it and am sure you will too.
ssahadevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 09:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahadevan View Post
Nice write up Manasmadaan, Great Buy. The XUV is a beautiful vehicle. Here's Wishing you a wonderful ownership experience.

My W6 is 7 months and 8000Kms old, practically niggle free and I just have loved driving every km of it. Though it is my second car and was meant to be my weekend and long distance drive, the XUV by choice has become my daily runabout.
Love it and am sure you will too.
Thanks. Initially i was very apprehensive about XUV as i was not sure whether it could be my daily drive within the city but now after driving it for 15 days i can say that it is effortless to drive in the city.
Good to hear that your XUV is niggle free and i hope that my belief that mahindra has solved most of the niggles remains strong.
Happy motoring
Old 16th November 2013, 09:41   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations once again Manasmadaan!
A new XUV ownership thread on TeamBHp after quite some time!

Liked the opening post, the crisp review and loads of pictures.

Can you please share a close-up pic of the LiveYoung sticker? Just trying to figure out if it is pasted from inside the windshield.
The pic that you asked for and one more
Live Young sticker is pasted from outside
Attached Images

manasmadaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 20:04   #40
BHPian

Congrats for the XUV. The interios storage snaps have been comprehensively covered. The car looks really imposing in purple. Has the FE improved or is it still 8-9ish?
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 23:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the XUV. The interios storage snaps have been comprehensively covered. The car looks really imposing in purple. Has the FE improved or is it still 8-9ish?
Thanks and yes, the purple colour looks great. The FE in city is around 12.5 and on highway it gave me 16.4 km/l. I guess that is ok for such a vehicle.
Old 17th November 2013, 07:05   #42
BHPian

I was thinking of buying a Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax to maintain the shine of my car, Can anyone please suggest if it is a good product?
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true: My Purple Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD-megultimatequickwax.jpg.d1dd39e282.999x600x600.jpg  

manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 07:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of buying a Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax to maintain the shine of my car, Can anyone please suggest if it is a good product?
Hi manasmadan,

I use the quick wax regularly on my car and it is good for quick detailing(upon a well waxed/polished car) effort.

You just spray and wipe, as simple as that for that immediate effect. Does not leave any white marks on the rubbers.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:00   #44
BHPian

My car has covered 1000 km and no niggles faced so far. The FE is hovering around 12-12.5 mark with mostly city driving. Waiting to take it for a long drive somewhere
Old 19th December 2013, 07:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

The purple I guess is a very good choice with elegance of darkish colours like black and sporty looks of Red. But very very sadly it is available only on W8. On the other side it is exclusive to W8 owners.

Quote:
The pic that you asked for and one more
Live Young sticker is pasted from outside
He has been asking because that has been SDPs signature!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks