Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 19:02   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love

What exactly is the aircon set to?

You need to set to face mode and not windshield defogger. Secondly it should not be chilled.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 19:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What exactly is the aircon set to?

You need to set to face mode and not windshield defogger. Secondly it should not be chilled.
I have tried setting to face mode but as you said probably I need to further bring down the cooling level. It was the mid point of cooling that I had set.

Any advice on the noisy and shaky wiper blades?
Old 17th November 2013, 23:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Wipers blades:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome
Two issues can cause that. Most likely is that you don't have sope in your wiper water so the blades won't clean and glide properly. Use Pril (the one for washing dishes) and water for the wiper water. this will make the wiper blades glides nicely.
another issue could be that the wipers aren't adjusted properly when they been fixed.

Anyway Pril is always nice and cheap to use. Just a few drops in a water bottle and you have a nice clean window while it is raining.

let me know if that works
YellowEye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 23:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowEye View Post
Anyway Pril is always nice and cheap to use. Just a few drops in a water bottle and you have a nice clean window while it is raining.
Pril is a dish washer and will not contain chemicals that can attack the body paint finish?
Old 18th November 2013, 06:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two issues can cause that. Most likely is that you don't have sope in your wiper water so the blades won't clean and glide properly. Use Pril (the one for washing dishes) and water for the wiper water. this will make the wiper blades glides nicely. another issue could be that the wipers aren't adjusted properly when they been fixed. Anyway Pril is always nice and cheap to use. Just a few drops in a water bottle and you have a nice clean window while it is raining. let me know if that works
Is this suggestion borne out of experience or just hear say?

If experience, please elaborate the details per your use?
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 07:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Same thing happens in my Safari, when it rains it is havoc
- When it rains and I roll up the windows the mist happens on the inside, when I switch on the AC, the mist disappears but atleast once cranky passenger starts screaming for the AC to be switched off, blissfully unaware that the AC might actually be saving his/her life
- When it stops raining, it mists on the outside, the wipers wipe but scream since they do not have any rain to wipe
- Hell is when your AC fuse blows and it is raining, then the windows have to be kept partially open, rain water comes in and enters the master power-window switch, the power-windows then get a mind of their own and start going up and down as per their wish!

End of the day, its simple science, if the temperature inside the vehicle is more than the temperature outside the vehicle, the mist forms on the inside of the windshield. If the temperature outsider the vehicle is less than the temperature outside the vehicle, then the mist forms on the outside of the windscreen

A quick-fix is to get those plastic shrouds on the window pane, that way you can keep the windows slightly open when it rains and rain water will not enter the vehicle

Disclaimer - I broke the air-flow control switch and so now air only blows straight-ahead, I cannot get it to blow on the windscreen
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 08:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Two issues can cause that. Most likely is that you don't have sope in your wiper water so the blades won't clean and glide properly. Use Pril (the one for washing dishes) and water for the wiper water. this will make the wiper blades glides nicely.
another issue could be that the wipers aren't adjusted properly when they been fixed.

let me know if that works
Yes. Just like the others have I too would like to know whether use of prill will affect the paint in anyway. If not as you said, its going to be a quick and economical fix. Whats your experience with Prill?
Old 18th November 2013, 10:00   #38
BHPian

Congratultions Jude! The Chennai tribe of Ecosport Team BHP owners are only growing and its time to start planning a Ecosport Meet in chennai!

It a brilliant color and your choice of Trend version is apt (It is too late for me to repent now!).

The mist inside /outside is an issue - try keeping the AC as close to the outside temperate and not in recirculation mode! That works some times.

Wishing you a safe and fantastic ride ahead!
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 10:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Try this out Jude and it works for me all the time for windscreen fogging during and post rain.

Keep the a/c at the coldest but lowest fan speed and with half face and half windscreen mode.

This reduces the intensity of the blow to both recipients and would freeze none and also de-mist at the same time.
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 11:30   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.
There was quite a discussion on this topic with different settings working for different folks! You can read more here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ous-scary.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
End of the day, its simple science, if the temperature inside the vehicle is more than the temperature outside the vehicle, the mist forms on the inside of the windshield. If the temperature outside the vehicle is less than the temperature outside the vehicle, then the mist forms on the outside of the windscreen

I think you meant inside there sir.

And congratulations on the wonderful buy! Even I was considering a Trend before the waiting list put me off! Absolutely same reasons as yours why I was looking at Trend and not on Ambiente or Titanium!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 18th November 2013 at 11:31.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 13:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congratultions Jude! The Chennai tribe of Ecosport Team BHP owners are only growing and its time to start planning a Ecosport Meet in chennai!

It a brilliant color and your choice of Trend version is apt (It is too late for me to repent now!).

The mist inside /outside is an issue - try keeping the AC as close to the outside temperate and not in recirculation mode! That works some times.

Wishing you a safe and fantastic ride ahead!
Thanks buddy. As you have mentioned we need to catchup sometime.
Old 18th November 2013, 18:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Is this suggestion borne out of experience or just hear say?

If experience, please elaborate the details per your use?
I am suggesting it out of experience in India and Germany.

Pril (or any other clear dishwashing soap) doesn't have any effect on paint or clearcoat. It just washes off the wax or sealant you apply to the clear coat which any other car cleaning product does as well.

Just give it a try. You will never have a clearer window and a better smelling (lemon!) one. And no other product can beat the price (like Rs. 45 for 200ml).
YellowEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 11:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I am suggesting it out of experience in India and Germany.

Pril (or any other clear dishwashing soap) doesn't have any effect on paint or clearcoat. It just washes off the wax or sealant you apply to the clear coat which any other car cleaning product does as well.

Just give it a try. You will never have a clearer window and a better smelling (lemon!) one. And no other product can beat the price (like Rs. 45 for 200ml).
I did buy a additive for the wiper from a shell outlet nearby. When I though of mixing it with water in the windshield wiper fluid tank found that they have already added some additive and the fluid was light blueish. So thought of not using the solution.

I was eager to try those suggestions yesterday but was unlucky as it didnt rain when I drove. Waiting for the rains now.

And a big THANK YOU to all of you for your suggestions. It has been really helpful. Will update when I get a chance to test them.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 11:56   #44
BHPian

Hi Jude, firstly Congratulations. Great set of snaps you have put up here.

Quote:
Seat Covers:

I did some market research and understood that the seat covers from Auto foam costed between Rs.6500 – Rs.9500. Also, had an idea about the patterns available in the market. But later chose to go with the dealer provided seat cover after being impressed on seeing some ecosports with the same seat covers as I have bought. They looked good and fitted well. So decided to go with them. It costed Rs.7300/- including the fitting charges.
Query on the Seat Covers.

Does these dealer seat covers fit over the factory fitted fabric seat covers or were the fabric covers removed?
Old 21st November 2013, 12:02   #45
BHPian

This is something that needs to be noted. In the website and in all the leaflets for the Ecosport, the Fuel Tank capacity is mentioned as 52 Ltrs. But in the manual it is mentioned as 47 ltrs. I have sent a mail to ford to clarify the capacity but in vain; no reply so far. When checked with the dealership they say it is 52 ltrs.

Did anyone here have this clarified before with Ford?

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-1_5d.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-website.jpg
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks