Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 21:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Sailing on tarmac : The Chevrolet Sail ownership report @ 20,000 kms

Hi Parrys,

official receipt meaning dealers receipt saying RTO service charges. I did not request for any special number. I have asked them about this but wasn't satisfied with the answer provided. I bought it from SC Chevrolet in thane. But when taken quote from Nikhil, this was also included as a part of their registration charges. Wanted to know if this is a standard (mal) practice across all chevy dealers.

Thanks
g.e.

[quote=parrys;3303537]Since you have an official receipt quoting that price, it seems legit. However, you must be having a fair idea of how the RTO works, right?
Did you ask for a special number though? If yes, then the price is justified. The RTO does charge a premium.
Old 26th November 2013, 21:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

This is it, some times you always have to rush for a review, and here I take my own sweet time to go through each and every line.

Beautifully complied and illustrated.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:14   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review 'parrys'. Been hoping to read about the Chevy Sail, and thanks to you, I have finally.

I agree that its a nice looking car. Maybe not be a stunner, but its got a nice sedate look, with slick styling. I prefer it to the chubby design of most C1 segment sedans, including the Dzire.

The picture comparison of the multiple dashboards was a really nice addition. I have to agree that at a glance, the Dzire dash looks the most well designed; but that's probably cause its a rip-off of the 7th gen Honda Accord that has a fab dash. Cant go wrong with mimicking the Accord! The design lines, the black and beige mix, and the beautifully tapering arches of the center console that joins the gear lever.

I quite like the exterior styling of the Fiat Linea, but agree that the dash looks sad. Thanks to your comparison pic I was able to directly compare, and I feel that the Linea dash is possibly the worst looking; very clunky.
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 12:21   #34
BHPian

Congratulations!

This is a great car with neutral on the looks side. Hope you have considered the extended warranty option since it assures a peace of mind.
Old 29th November 2013, 12:27   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Trust me, you'll be surprised!
My friend has a Brio.
I don't think there is any difference in the rear seat space between the Brio and the Amaze.

When comparing comfort for 3 passengers in the rear seat, the Amaze is very cramped. The Sail is quite comfortable.

I frequently travel with 2 child seats and an adult in the rear seat of my Sail UVA.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 23:03   #36

Hi,

Am a SAIL LS Diesel owner. Have travelled 7000 Kms. Barring panel and dashboard noise, the car has performed well so far. It is VFM. Hence the interiors are sparse and of seemingly flimsy plastic. Only hope quality holds out. GM needs to get its act together on this car, given the package of price , space, looks and performance.
rk20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 20:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk20 View Post
Hi,

Am a SAIL LS Diesel owner. Have travelled 7000 Kms. Barring panel and dashboard noise, the car has performed well so far. It is VFM. Hence the interiors are sparse and of seemingly flimsy plastic. Only hope quality holds out. GM needs to get its act together on this car, given the package of price , space, looks and performance.

Has Chevy A.S.S. been able to find any resolution to this noise as yet?

I am yet to give my car for the same. If the source is known I can make my life easy.
Old 30th December 2013, 09:50   #38

Raised this issue with the dealer. Has identified a plastic cowl that is causing the noise and needs replacement. Has indented the same and has promised to replace it once the part arrives. Incidentally, I have just returned from a 1600 km trip to the south.....Trichy, thanjavur, Madurai, rameshwaram. Car performed well. Got an average of 18-19 km/ litre with constant use of the AC. Since roads are by and large excellent in these areas, I had not any occasion to test this vehicle on bad roads. However, the little bad stretches that I encountered was enough to make he horn start sounding like a goat in distress. Some wire seems to have some loose from the dual horn assembly. Besides this , nothing on the suspension or engine front. Optimum speed is 80-100 on 5th gear. Anything above that, you are testing limits.
Old 30th December 2013, 10:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Raised this issue with the dealer. Has identified a plastic cowl that is causing the noise and needs replacement. Has indented the same and has promised to replace it once the part arrives. Incidentally, I have just returned from a 1600 km trip to the south.....Trichy, thanjavur, Madurai, rameshwaram. Car performed well. Got an average of 18-19 km/ litre with constant use of the AC. Since roads are by and large excellent in these areas, I had not any occasion to test this vehicle on bad roads. However, the little bad stretches that I encountered was enough to make he horn start sounding like a goat in distress. Some wire seems to have some loose from the dual horn assembly. Besides this , nothing on the suspension or engine front. Optimum speed is 80-100 on 5th gear. Anything above that, you are testing limits.
Hey Rk,

Thanks for sharing this. Can you take a pic of the part and share it

Additionally I agree on the average. In fact in city mixed B2B condition I am getting 12.5/13 which is very good according to me.
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 22:26   #40

Sure. Will upload a pic of the part when I get it replaced.
Old 31st December 2013, 22:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. Will upload a pic of the part when I get it replaced.
I am giving the car tomorrow to get the issues sorted. Not sure if the dealer can return the car in a days time. But lets hope for the best. Will keep you guys posted.
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 23:34   #42
BHPian

Very good review. Attention to detail is fantastic mate but looks like you are quiet a big Linea Hater. Hehehe!

No comparison because Linea Isn't in the same segment at all. I wonder why didn't you opt for the Swift if you like its interior? Its anyday better than Sail's (No Offense Though).

Anyway good to see that you are enjoying.
Cheers
Old 1st January 2014, 10:39   #43

The SAIL definitely has it share of hiccups but I had no illusions about my pricing point for a new car. I wanted three boxes, space, diesel, riding comfort and good looks at a price limit of 8L (on the road not Ex showroom Delhi !!). Well I got this and am willing to put up with bare looks minus all the bells and whistles as long as I dont encounter major issues with the car. Fingers crossed on GMs reliability. Just an observation after all the research I did before I could settle on this car......most cars are overpriced for the value they offer and it does not help matters when prices quoted are often misleading (how does ex delhi pricing have anything to do with Bangalore ??).
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
I am giving the car tomorrow to get the issues sorted. Not sure if the dealer can return the car in a days time. But lets hope for the best. Will keep you guys posted.

OK so here is the update. I gave the car for the noise issue and they kept the car for couple of days. The techie who worked on the car confirmed that the front noise was caused by loose plate between clutch plate and clutch cable. The same sorted and I now no longer observe the noise from front on rough road surfaces. I drove to office today no noise. Life is good.

The PU seat covers is creating some noise while on a extremely rough roads. As per the techie that is inevitable
Old 8th January 2014, 07:16   #45

My update....The plastic cowl (was told it was redesigned) was replaced by the dealer. Left the car at the dealer for around 3-4 hours as I had the horn to be fixed and a wash to be done.

The dashboard noise has disappeared. Hoping it remains that way. Sorry for not posting a picture of the part. But just look at the junction between the windshield and the bonnet. There is a plastic part that runs across the windshield. Thats the part that was replaced.

By the way, my dealer experiences have been extremely good. Keep it up GM !
rk20 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks