Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 14:39   #16
BHPian

re: My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3

Congrats on your car! I can feel the excitement in you. I got the Exi as within few months of its launch and apart from few issues, the car is still running and looking great. I didn't knew anything about handling and steering feel, unless i drove mine and drove vista's and hyundai's at later stage.

I feel the bug eye look of he headlamp (in the refreshed version) spoils the otherwise low slung look of the car. You can try blackening it up and adding projectors at later stage.

Also, I feel that my seats have become smaller less comfortable after adding art leather seat cover (similar as yours), and becomes extremely hot and sweaty during summers. Will change to fabric ones before summer arrives.

Best of luck and drive safe!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

A nice review of a Ford Figo after a long time. Congrats on your new car! Looks wise I like the new version better than the previous one. The steering and the feedback from it as you said is one of the strong points of the Figo; I have experienced it in my friend's Figo v1. Please put more pics of the interiors, and how much did you pay for those nice looking seat covers?
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 22:13   #18
BHPian

Hi Sameer congrats for new Figo, we also got a new Titanium D in our family and enjoying every bit of it. As rightly mentioned by you, she has something special in her when it comes to handling department but wish that it could make more horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Rather call it a big hit, It happened due to complete fault of mine ot of speed, but missed this pole at the back, Which was sadly missed by me.
Now that something really bad that can happen to a new car, my Figo also suffered running board hit from an engraved stone( it was just not visible) but thankfully the running board got repaired without changing it. I would suggest you to go for parking sensors, we have installed them in our Figo it helps quit a lot during reversing Figo specially with its beafy rear wheel arch and will prevent incidents like these(just my 2 cents).

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 21st November 2013 at 22:15.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 23:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Thanks for the credits, Sam. But honestly, the car's a killer. I was about to buy a pre-owned Figo the last month but things did not turn out. The price quoted was way too high. But, the handling, the steering feedback, the AC. Everythings amazing. Congratulations mate!
Thanks alot buddy. We need to plan a photoshoot again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congratulation on a your new car and may you have more & more miles on it. Ford Figo definitely is a good enthusiast car delivering good fuel efficiency & light on pocket.

I would suggest you to get it remapped and the fun you will have with it would be even more. Let me put it as, it would double what you are having right now. After getting my Ford Fiesta Classic TDCi remapped it was all together different experience. Doing 65 Kmph in second gear, torque steer and easily cruises at 140+ without getting strained.

Read more about it here.
Thanks for you wishes buddy. Yea, I saw the thread, But am still in two minds whether to get it done or not. Won't the warranty will be affected with it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Congrats on getting her home . I also went through a similar dilemma when i wanted to get my set of wheels and look, we both are figo owners . Hope she serves you well and helps you rack up mile after mile with absolute confidence.
Haha, Thanks alot buddy. I went to your thread quite a number of times before buying it. I also wanted the grey color, but settled for white due to parent's choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Well, glad to be of service.

For the CEL, try getting the throttle body cleaned once. It happened with the fiesta, and went away after the cleaning. Dont know if its the same, but no harm trying, wot?
Thanks alot sir, Had it not been your fiesta drive. I would have been writing a swit/ritz ownership thread by now

The car is just 8k kms old, Won't that be too early for throttle body cleaning ? But ya, No harm in trying, Can you tell me, How do i do DIY for the same ? or should i ask service center guys to do same ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Congrats on your car! I can feel the excitement in you. I got the Exi as within few months of its launch and apart from few issues, the car is still running and looking great. I didn't knew anything about handling and steering feel, unless i drove mine and drove vista's and hyundai's at later stage.

I feel the bug eye look of he headlamp (in the refreshed version) spoils the otherwise low slung look of the car. You can try blackening it up and adding projectors at later stage.

Also, I feel that my seats have become smaller less comfortable after adding art leather seat cover (similar as yours), and becomes extremely hot and sweaty during summers. Will change to fabric ones before summer arrives.

Best of luck and drive safe!
Thanks alot buddy. I am happy with covers, but not with seat overall. Anyways, a single drive around a curvy road is good enough to plaster a smile on your face and make you forget those negatives of the car. And, the illumination provided by the lights is good enough, Don't thing would be adding projectors anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A nice review of a Ford Figo after a long time. Congrats on your new car! Looks wise I like the new version better than the previous one. The steering and the feedback from it as you said is one of the strong points of the Figo; I have experienced it in my friend's Figo v1. Please put more pics of the interiors, and how much did you pay for those nice looking seat covers?
Thanks alot sir, I shall be adding more pics tomorrow for sure. Those seat cover were quite expensive, I paid 2000 bucks for them including fitting and they come with 1 year warranty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi Sameer congrats for new Figo, we also got a new Titanium D in our family and enjoying every bit of it. As rightly mentioned by you, she has something special in her when it comes to handling department but wish that it could make more horses.
Now that something really bad that can happen to a new car, my Figo also suffered running board hit from an engraved stone( it was just not visible) but thankfully the running board got repaired without changing it. I would suggest you to go for parking sensors, we have installed them in our Figo it helps quit a lot during reversing Figo specially with its beafy rear wheel arch and will prevent incidents like these(just my 2 cents).
Thanks alot sir, Sensors are on cards. Actually confused between, rear camera or sensor. And ya, I do wish is she made some more horses. But then every car has one or other short comings in it.

The car crossed 8000 kms mark today, Couldn't click it due to mad rush hour traffic at gurgaon toll. I shall be updating the thread with more pictures soon.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 21st November 2013, 23:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yea, I saw the thread, But am still in two minds whether to get it done or not. Won't the warranty will be affected with it ?
Well one thing you can be sure of is that warranty wont be affected. Its been a year now since I got the remap done and also quite a few under warranty parts replacement, no problem whatsoever.

Ford doesn't do scan through OBD port unlike VW who on every service change something or the other, since I also own a VW. Very unlikely they will ever connect any computer to scan your car. Also its very difficult to check whether any changes have been made to the ECU since its only via computer OBD; no tampering.

Get the remap done and you will never regret it. My Ford Fiesta Classic had a lot of difference in performance after remap, Figo would be even better given lower weight.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 23:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Thanks for the credits, Sam. But honestly, the car's a killer. I was about to buy a pre-owned Figo the last month but things did not turn out. The price quoted was way too high. But, the handling, the steering feedback, the AC. Everythings amazing. Congratulations mate!
Even my friend is interested in a used Figo Diesel. Can you please share the details w.r.t. the price, year, variant, condition, etc. of the car so that he can compare vis-a-vis the offers he is getting.
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Figo!

Quote:
My First Scratch:
The whole bill came out to be 18,500/-, I paid 1000/- as i had 0 dep and rest all was covered under insurance. The rear quarter panel was replaced and bumper was replaced.
That's quite a hefty sum for the damage! Bumper replaced? It looks just scratched without much damage. I am surprised they didn't replace the lights as well.

Quote:
Here's the pic of covers:
Paid peanuts for them, Guess how much did they costed ? They came with 1 year warranty too.
So how much did you pay for them? What brand? Signature something?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review there, Sameer!

Figo is an all-rounder and VFM product. Wishing you many more miles with her.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
4- Top end grunt, The engine just doesn't likes to be revved. The rpm goes till 5k almost, but after 4k there's hardly any surge of power. Even when fully loaded, at 3 digit speeds, You'll have to plan your overtake moves. How i wish, I could get the 1.4 Unit of i20 on my figo . But yes, the engine lacks punch. She can do 100-120 all day, but anything more will strain the engine.
Congratulations on your new car.

My friend finds Figo better for luggage moving than his 7 seater Innova with two pax.

If you feel your car underpowered, please consider installing a race chip at a later stage. Believe me, the kit is simple and works really well. I have taken many highway long drives and overtaking is very easy. He is using the kit for about 40k+ and no issues so far.

Search for FigoMBA's thread in this forum for more details.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Now thing which needed to be decided was the budget, Well there was no such budget, But the max we were willing to spend was in range of 7-8 lakhs, the lesser the better.
Congratulations Sameer.

Since you do a lot of highway drives ,why didn't you consider the Titanium (Airbags/ABS/Rear wiper)?

Keep updating the thread. You did not mention the mileage you got on the recent Karnal drive

Wish you a pleasant ownership experience.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Congratulations Sameer.

Since you do a lot of highway drives ,why didn't you consider the Titanium (Airbags/ABS/Rear wiper)?

Keep updating the thread. You did not mention the mileage you got on the recent Karnal drive

Yeah.
I've heard about the killer mileage this car gives in the cool mornings.
I think it was quite chilly that day, so he would have a good jump on his usual mileage.
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:21   #27
BHPian

Congrats sameerg001! I bought a Figo Titanium myself, and it's just been three weeks. And yes, I understand what you've gone through as I've been there myself! It's definitely the best buy for its price and what you're getting in this segment. I've been meaning to do a write-up of my own since a week or two. Wish you many more thousands of happy miles with your Figo!
Vikki@Hyderabad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the Figo!

That's quite a hefty sum for the damage! Bumper replaced? It looks just scratched without much damage. I am surprised they didn't replace the lights as well.
Thanks for wishes, As far as i remember, It was replaced but i'll check the invoice and update it here. I even asked them to replace the light, It had one tiny scratch on it which went away after rubbing. Also, i got done the running of entire car there too

The panel was replaced, Then painted. I guess, for all work done. It was quite okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
So how much did you pay for them? What brand? Signature something?
No idea about brand, My cousins runs an accessory shop, I told him the design i wanted, He got me same done for my car. They come with 1 year warranty, In case the art leather gets damaged or any stitching comes loose. They were expensive, I paid 2000/- bucks for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Congratulations on your new car.

My friend finds Figo better for luggage moving than his 7 seater Innova with two pax.

If you feel your car underpowered, please consider installing a race chip at a later stage. Believe me, the kit is simple and works really well. I have taken many highway long drives and overtaking is very easy. He is using the kit for about 40k+ and no issues so far.

Search for FigoMBA's thread in this forum for more details.
Thanks buddy, I have already been to all the figo ownership threads. That's what i did in the time gap, between delivery and booking date.

I'll see, if i really need that more power. Because, Now i have changed my driving style. I hardly go over 90 on highway and 60 in city. So, once past after end service. I'll relook at this option too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Congratulations Sameer.

Haha, Thanks sir. I was actually waiting for this question to come up. My dad laid down a very weird option for me, He said if he were to pay 6.5L for titanium, he'll get amaze rather. Which i couldn't let happen. He said, If i bring it withing 5.5 for figo, He'll get me one. I eventually made him buy zxi instead of exi. Amaze is not my cup of tea at all.

And, No karnal mileage here. I don't want any more controversies on it now. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yeah.
I've heard about the killer mileage this car gives in the cool mornings.
I think it was quite chilly that day, so he would have a good jump on his usual mileage.
After last fill, I have done 250 kms and still DTE is at 580 Kms. Talk about fuel efficiency. This is all city, with 50 percent of B2B driving in old Delhi area. Where i go for my classes. Aiming for over 20, full tank to full tank this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki@Hyderabad View Post
Congrats sameerg001! I bought a Figo Titanium myself, and it's just been three weeks. And yes, I understand what you've gone through as I've been there myself! It's definitely the best buy for its price and what you're getting in this segment. I've been meaning to do a write-up of my own since a week or two. Wish you many more thousands of happy miles with your Figo!
Thanks buddy, Congratulations to you too for new figo. Waiting for your ownership thread now. Yes, seriously this car is worth every paisa you pay for it.

Guys, I'll post the more pics soon. Been busy with marriage function happening at home. Hopefully by tomorrow evening, I'll upload.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:40   #29
BHPian

Congratulations & welcome to the Figo family! It is sure an excellent car to drive & I'm sure you'll enjoy your ownership for many many miles! I'm a proud owner of not one, but two Figos and i can confidently say that you've made the right decision by going for this car, as it offers you the best price-to-features in it's range!
All the best!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
The car crossed 8000 kms mark today
A question to you. Since your car has ran in perfectly now, has the clattering reduced? I feel that our car(ran 300km) has a bit more clattering when cold as compared to the test drive vehicle(ran 10k km).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks