Team-BHP - My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/144561-my-1st-diesel-diamond-white-ford-figo-zxi-interior-pics-pg-3-a-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 3311555)

So did the car went into the limp mode again after the CEL came?

Next time take a pic when the CEL comes and send it along with your mail to higher authorities requesting them to send some experienced technician.
There is definitely something wrong and the workshop chaps are missing something here.

I already have a pic of the same, now the car drives like normal till 2.2k rpm after which the fuel supply gets cut off, then I've to up shift to get it moving. This only happens when car is warmed up, never faced this on cold starts.

This goes away for a while, once ecu is resetted, but once it comes, i've yo start it again, then also it comes again after 1-2 kms.

Don't know what the hell the issue is.

Congratulations on the Figo. Great choice!
Honestly, I didn't think very much of the car initially.Till I really sat in it and drove it.That's when I really started appreciating the car.Two really close friends of mine happen to own Figo's. One is a 2010 Tdci Exi and the other is a 2011 petrol Zxi. I have driven both a fair bit. The diesel one, is a touch noisy(coming from only petrol cars).The diesel is super fuel efficient, brilliant ac and good music system. 650-700 kms in 40L of diesel is apparently no big deal.Not mentioning the suspension and the steering. Everyone knows, one swerve around stray cattle or dogs and you can make out. Have you driven the petrol one? I thought the petrol one wasn't bad either.
The most amusing thing in a Figo, is when you go to Select City Walk with a girl and they ask you to open the bonnet. hahaha lol:
Hope the issues with the car get sorted quickly.

ps: Guess which car I mentioned as my favourite car in the tbhp registration question ~2 years back. I mentioned how its tremendous value for money and a great overall package.The mods obviously thought so too. :D

Update:

After spending whole 2 days at service centers, running behind those guys and after various calls to RSM, The engine check light issue finally seems to be gone now clap:

All in all, it was my 111-12th visit at service center for same issue, The positive side is that now i know each and every one present out there at service center of astro ford. I spent whole 2 days, standing next to car at their service bay and getting work done in front of me.

Also i've learnt that, "laato ke bhoot baato se nahi mante". I gave my car thursday morning, I was issued job card at 10-20 AM, The service advisor then took my car in service area and asked me to wait at their customer lounge for few mins, till then they diagnose the car. I said okay, time passed by and no communication from him then i went to him and asked what's the status, He says 'sir wiring needs to be checked and it'll take time, so you can go home and come back to pick car in evening'.

So, after listening to him, I go to service area to see my car and then i came back home at around 1'o clock. I had my lunch and called up my SA again to ask the status, He says 'sir wiring is being checked, the car will be ready by 5', I said okay and went to service center just to have a look what exactly they're doing, On reaching there i see that no work has been done and car's just parked at same position since morning. So, in short no work or diagnose has been carried out from 10-20 AM till 3 PM.

On seeing this, I gave few NICE words to my SA and called up the RSM, through my good friend, who knows him personally and withing 10 mins of calling the RSM, I was assigned a new guy and finally, work started on my car. They again scan the car, two errors code showed up, both relating to TPS. Then this report was sent to Ford India and diagnose was done.

They checked all the possible connector's and erased the DTC's and asked to drive around and see if it comes again. I took the car at 6"o clock and the check light was back within few mins after driving out of service center. I called my the assigned guy and He told me to either leave the car there today or get it back tomorrow, I chose later.

Next day i.e friday, I reached there at 12'o clock and work was started on the car immediately, They checked up some pins related to ECU, whole wiring was checked and the DTC codes were again erased. Then the car was taken on 10 kms road test and again it was scanned, Voila! no errors came now. They told me to see if it works, if it doesn't then the ECU would have to replaced as last option. I left service center at 5 and came back home.

Today, the car was driven for some 55 kms and the light hasn't resurfaced yet. Seems like, It's gone for good now. I'll drive around bit more tomorrow and update accordingly. But, i am pretty sure now that it's gone FINALLY!

Also, the car got it's first puncture or rather say punctures, after 8.5k kms and 5 months. Two nails in rear tyre and one in front tyre. Total, 3 punctures. Now, car is running fine though bit dirty. Tomorrow, I'll giver her a much needed pampering.

Guys, How do i stop my doors from squeaking ? After cleaning the door rubber and beading, they're silent for a day, only to start squeaking again. How do i shut them for ever ?

Congratulations sameerg001, good to hear that your issue is finally resolved and I hope its gone for good now. Regarding door squeaks a spray of WD40 on the beadings will be enough.

Good news, the issue seems to have finally gone for good now. It was mostly, one of the loose connectors. The car has done some 200 kms post, the visit to service center and so far no light is there. The car is driving like a dream now. The more I drive it, more I love it. :)

Car's doing awesome. Currently odo at 9500 kms, She'll be going for 10k service soon. Also, engine light issue seems to have finally been sorted out. The engine has opened up completely now, The NVH are awesome, It's too silent in the inside. With every day passing by, I am loving this car more and more, Only grouse remains that i didn't went ahead and got the titanium.

Anyways, Filler her up today. Got 19.07 Km/l with 10% AC usage, This is all city driving with 50% of time spent driving in dense bumper to bumper traffic. Very satisfied with the figures, 40.17 L of fuel went in for 766 kms. Now next target is to achieve 20+ figure.

Also, it should increase post service. I strongly recomend this car to everyone who is loking forward to buy a car to enjoy the drive. I've driven punto too for good amount of distance but figo is figo. My baby will soon get himself pampered, I'll be ordering couple of car car products for her.

Once she's back from service, I'll spend whole of my sunday detailing her :D . Next update shall follow soon.

Cheers,
Sameer

Sameer I had a question regarding the USB port of the figo. I picked up a Titanium diesel last weekend. So I tried using the USB functionality with a 8 GB memory stick (HP) which has been working seamlessly on my ANHC for quite sometime. It throws a memory read error.
Have you faced any issues where there a particular USB stick has not worked. Is there anything to do with the the file system as in it requires FAT32/NTFS.
Thanks in advance. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddychat (Post 3327478)
Sameer I had a question regarding the USB port of the figo. I picked up a Titanium diesel last weekend. So I tried using the USB functionality with a 8 GB memory stick (HP) which has been working seamlessly on my ANHC for quite sometime. It throws a memory read error.
Have you faced any issues where there a particular USB stick has not worked. Is there anything to do with the the file system as in it requires FAT32/NTFS.
Thanks in advance. :)

Same here, i've tried with 8 gb hp pen drive and 4 gb transcend. Both of them didn't worked. So, I bought sandisk 8gb drive, which works flawlessly.

Maybe, the system in figo have some hatred towards hp and transcend :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3327490)
Same here, i've tried with 8 gb hp pen drive and 4 gb transcend. Both of them didn't worked. So, I bought sandisk 8gb drive, which works flawlessly.

Maybe, the system in figo have some hatred towards hp and transcend :D

Thanks Sameer. Poorly written and tested code is how I would sum it up. Sad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddychat (Post 3327503)

Thanks Sameer. Poorly written and tested code is how I would sum it up. Sad!

San disk 8 gb is available for 264/- bucks from amazon, in case you need to buy one :D

Reached another milestone, it's just the beginning many more of these milestones to come. :)

The car is working like a charm, currently odo is at 10.2k kms, will be sending for 10 k service in next few days, as and when i get time. There's a small rattle from rear seat, which comes and goes on its own, other then that, zilch complaints.

As i said earlier, more I drive her, more I love her.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140103_231922.png
Views: 926
Size:  148.3 KB

Cheers,
Sameer

Got the 10k service done few days back. Invoice is attached, Cost is pretty nominal. Gave the car at 12-30 in the afternoon, was promised delivery by 4-30 and they delivered the car on time. Didn't opted to get the alignment and balancing from them, Got it done outside.

Paid 380/- bucks for alignment, balancing and rotation. Car is behaving absolutely fine, good to go for another 10k kms. Like i always say, the more i driver her, the more i love her :)

Here's the invoice:

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-qr9rl8yenfd0dmb5qy7b5vrm.jpg
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-utmyfa15qt4ak8f7bfml2aeq.jpg

Planning to add Drl's soon, Shall update the thread as and when something new comes up.

Cheers,
Sameer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3347210)
Got the 10k service done few days back. Invoice is attached, Cost is pretty nominal. Gave the car at 12-30 in the afternoon, was promised delivery by 4-30 and they delivered the car on time. Didn't opted to get the alignment and balancing from them, Got it done outside.

Paid 380/- bucks for alignment, balancing and rotation. Car is behaving absolutely fine, good to go for another 10k kms. Like i always say, the more i driver her, the more i love her :)

Here's the invoice:

Planning to add Drl's soon, Shall update the thread as and when something new comes up.

Cheers,
Sameer

Congratulations!
But why such a long time coming to ten thousand? You were pretty quick early on.

Also about the drl... Please don't get those chapad L shaped ones, or the single line 8-9 inch long ones. They look really ugly on almost all cars.

1900 Rs is really cheap for the 10k service. The service interval is every 10k kms/1 year right? A lot of people including me had the notion that Ford maintenance costs are relatively high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3347282)
1900 Rs is really cheap for the 10k service. The service interval is every 10k kms/1 year right? A lot of people including me had the notion that Ford maintenance costs are relatively high.

That's from the days of the ikon.
The challenge now is to find a good service Centre, and one that remains existent.