Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 16:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3

Are you Nuts?
You sure about ford, buy i20!!
You're idiot, get the swift!!
The GC is not good, you'll scrape the underbelly!!
Swift mein boost hai!!
You're buying the car, which no-one is buying!!

Well, the above mentioned are couple of answers or dare i say 'taunts' which i got from my family friends, relatives. All of them made me feel like, I am going to commit a sin, by not opting for a maruti or hyundai. But i ignored them all, except my family, Well because my dad was the one who's going to pay for it, lol. As thread title suggests, I won the battle in end, Phew!! It was tough, but in the end it was all worth it.

PROLOGUE:

We were quite happy with our 2001 Accent, Which we bough pre-owned 4 years back, when we upgraded from a 800. It served all our needs, but i was never happy with it's handling. But as we're coming from a 800, accent felt very luxurious and was quite a upgrade for us.

Anyways, Since last year, She constantly needed our attention, Being a hyundai and my cousin who was in spare parts business, the cost of spares weren't bothering us, But what bothered us was, we were not able to find a decent mechanic. Which is a different story altogether. As time passed by, life moved on, we got busy in our life and accent continued to serve barring few hiccups in between.

On one fine day, I asked my dad, rather ordered (lol) to sell accent and buy a new diesel hatch, Since our daily running was in the range of 40-50kms per day, add another 600 kms every two months highway drive. As we were looking forward to spend some bucks on our next house in future, He ignored my idea and told me to continue with it. But by that time, I already has this temptation or i can say, the car buying itch caught me. I started looking for used sx4's and used figo diesel, silently without telling dad, because in the end, i knew i'll make him agree for it

But from last 6 months, The car was constantly asking for our attention. As the odo reading went over 1l mark, the suspension, clutch and engine needed a overhaul, Plus there was some electrical issue in the car, which is different story altogether. On one fine day, i shared the idea of buying a used diesel hatch to my dad and sell the accent. Spending, 30-40k bucks on accent to make it in perfect running condition was not making sense at all. Dad agreed to it, I followed his order and placed the advertisement on olx and quikr.

Got many calls for my car, Showed them to quite people, But none were offering me the money i wanted. I asked for 1.15L, people were offering like 90k-95k, Be patient, I said to myself. On one fine day, A guy called me up, asked me, if i can come to CP and show him the car there, as live far off. Okay, i said as i was on my way to Fiat cafe, to check out the punto and current discounts running on it. Reached there, He came with one mechanic, inspected the car, Offered me 1L. I clearly said NO.

He asked me to call my dad, as i was just 19 at that time . I called my dad and they negotiated on phone, My dad didn't went below 1.15L, The max by this time the guy came to was 1.05L. Okay, i was about to leave, feeling heart broken, As i was about to reverse, He came upto me and said, 1.10L Final, I called my dad, and asked him, He said no, nothing less then 1.15L. Dad ended the call, I said to him, last offer 1.13L, He said Okay. The deal was done, went to dad's office, Gave away the car. Came back home and waited for dad to come. He came back in the evening and made one thing very clear, that we're not buying any used car. Excitement levels were all time high now.

Here's my accent, after 1.2 lakhs kms and 12 years:

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-262485_559406487433060_1498044654_n.jpg

Now the question was WHAT CAR ??

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th November 2013 at 20:14.
sameerg001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3

WHAT CAR ?

That's a billion dollar question and I was constantly getting alot of suggestions from my relatives. The HOT favorite of everyone was, the nations car swift, then came the ritz and the 3rd price goes to Dzire, then out of no where, My cousin came up with i20 diesel. Anyways, i ignored them and carried on my search

The one thing i was sure of for my next car was that, It should be stable at 3 digit speeds and should have equivalent or more space then my Accent. I took a pen and paper, And listed out my list of requirements, Rather my families, How can i forgot, The car is for my dad lol. My requirements were very straight forward:

1- Space, Good enough for 4, occasional 5.
2- Handling
3- Effective AC

That's it, Rest all was not much or little relevant to me. I made sure that, all of the above requirements are fulfilled. Now thing which needed to be decided was the budget, Well there was no such budget, But the max we were willing to spend was in range of 7-8 lakhs, the lesser the better. After deciding on the requirements, I was out in marked, driving and checking out most of the cars present in that budget.

The first car i went to checkout was Figo, Ford was no.-1 on my list, but last were on my dad's, anyways i went alone to check it out and TD it. The first ford, I ever drove was the fiesta 1.6, Which belongs to my dear friend and bhpian, Mayankk. I just drove his car for couple of kms, which was more than enough for me to fall in love with it. The steering, the handling, the interiors, space, everything was the way i needed them. Anyways, I drove a titanium diesel, the steering reminded me of fiesta, same was with interiors. The space was decent, more or less same as my accent, AC was damn effective. It was meeting most of my requirements, But i just was not able to digest the front face of it, I asked for the current offers, took a brochure and price list and went home.

Came back, went over lot of ownership threads of figo. went through official review like some 10-20 times. Except for looks, There was nothing else, this car was missing. Yes, you can say, Till now i was completely smitten by the figo and started dreaming of it as my next car. Came back home, told this to my dad and mom. Dad said, Ford is supposed to be elephants, Mom said- Let's get the verna

Now, next was on my list was punto. I was getting 2012 active Mjd for some 4.99 Lakhs ex showroom with extended warranty, Sadly that was the only thing which i found to be interesting in the car barring the looks ofcourse. The car lacked rear space, Gearbox sapped all the engine power, also was kind of apprehensive with 2012 model. This all was enough for me to reject this car off my list.

Next day, I went to toyota, VW, Skoda. Liva and etios, Well to be honest i just couldn't digest that center mounted instrumental cluster, plus it was just too basic and build quality didn't impressed me either. Next, I went to VW and Skoda, Well the showrooms were all empty, Anyways i just asked for price list and brochure and came back home. Polo and fabia, with shitty 3 pot truck like diesel engine, the base model was coming to be some 7L on road and nor they were offering any good deals. Two more cars, Off my list now.

By this time, I had enough as living in delhi without car was just not possible. So far, the figo was the winner and i conveyed same to my parents. Dad asked for the Fuel efficiency and On road price, Mom straight away asked, Boot space kitna hai ?, Next day in the morning newspaper, there was an advertisement of figo, mentioning best in class boot space, AC and maintenance cost cheaper as compared to Swift. What a perfect timing it was, Dad asked me the same. I acted like a marketing guy and by the evening that day, Dad was ready for Figo. YaY!! Mission accomplished (clapping).

Okay, next day we had our reservations for a holiday to dharmshala and we were supposed to book the car by monday. Anyways, we came back on Sunday night. I called the sales advisor with whom i interacted with the first time at ford and asked him to come over at home, To give a TD to my family and also to pick all us up to the showroom. He agreed and time decided was 6'o clock in the evening. Time was passing by, I was looking at clock every hour, Time didn't went so slow previously, With every minute passing by my excitement was increasing. Soon, the clock showed 5, I got call from my dad, That he's leaving office and my mom got a call from my uncle, Who said he is coming to our place in half an hour to our place and will be staying with us. Okay, dad came so did my uncle, My sales advisor called me up to inform me that he'll be late by 30 mins, I said okay. After which my uncle and dad stirked a conversation on car, Which went like this :-

Dad- Sonu( my home name), has finalized on figo, How's it according to you?

Uncle- All shocked, Figo, you're buying Ford, Sonu is mad, No figo Buy swift, or ritz. No figo, Iska engine fail hai. No figo, You're not buying figo at all.

Dad- Gave me a look. ( My face turned down, more so because the dream of buying figo as my next car, were all shattered )

Then, they talked for some more time and came to conclusion that, Figo has GC problem, No resale value. So we'll look for dzire or swift now. By this time, I knew i have to wait for my uncle to go back, Before i could again make my dad buy figo. lol

So, I called up my SA and asked him to not to come over and I'll visit him myself in a day or two. By this time, Honda started showing 25kmpl efficiency ad for their amaze on TV. My dad on seeing FE figures, Said let's buy amaze. By this time, Figo was gone and we have 3 new entrants, Ritz/swift/Amaze and honestly i didn't liked any of them at all. But it was just me.

Continued.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 19th November 2013 at 16:44.
Old 19th November 2013, 16:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Next day, My uncle finally went away, Not that i was waiting for him to go lol. Again i started the process of convincing my dad for figo. Days went by, after lot of efforts, Again he said okay, Call the SA and we'll book one. So finally friday it was, When the car was going to be booked. Due to workload in office, Dad was not able to get the time, So he said go and book yourself and give me the performa invoice so that he can start the loan process at his office, Which would take time and he said, He'll check out the car later. Now the thing which needed to be decided was variant. Dad and me carefully studied the brochure and we came to conclusion that, we'll get exi, Though the zxi seemed most VFM, But we didn't wanted to splurge much on the car now. So we decided Exi, it'll be.

Next day ( 26th june) , I called up my SA again and asked him to come over at my home to pick us ( me, mom and sis ) to showroom and we would make the booking there. Meanwhile, I had some connection at Astro Ford and i got the best possible deal from them. SA from Astro Ford came on said time and we went to showroom, My sis and mom checked out the car and gave a green signal. We started the negotiation process, My mom intervened in between and asked the SA to show her Exi and Zxi variants side by side. He said ok and took us to servicing area, Where mom inspected the car and said, we're not buying exi. Black Door handles and Orvm were not to her taste ( I love my mom for this ). A call to dad was made and he approved the same. The color was anyways decided, It was to be white no matter which car it is. ( A daybefore, the ecosport prices were announced and i took a td and checked out the car and didn't found it to be VFM, so left it at it and we needed the car as soon as possible and 6 months long waiting period wasn't helping either ).

We started the negotiation process, Apart from 15k exchange bonus and free insurance, I got additional 6k cash discount and another 3k as corporate discount from Astro after which they were not ready to negotiate even for a single rupee. After spending 30 mins on negotiation, The final price with 0 dep policy came to 568,000. I got 15k exchange bonus, 3k corporate, 6.5k Handling charges waived off, 1.5k worth basic kit free, 5k additional cash discount, Free insurance worth 15k, I paid additional 3.5k from pocket for 0 dep. After this, They were not willing to offer even a penny extra. We agreed, Paid 25k booking amount. Came back home and started waiting for loan process to be approved.

Meanwhile, on a saturday, took dad to the showroom for a TD. There he saw the ecosport, He was all smitten by it and asked me the prices, I showed him price list, he said let's buy one. I told him, it's 9l on road, the trend variant which we're looking at, He said he'll manage. We asked our SA what would be the delivery scene on ecosport, He said 6-7 months waiting. Now living without a car for 6-7 months was just not possible for us. That was the sole deal breaker, Had the delivery period would have been 1-2 months, I would have been writing a ecosport review then figo. Anyways, Dad drove the figo, as expected he loved the car and we came back home.

On 3rd July, the loan got approved, we got the dd on 4th evening. On 5th morning, we went to the dealership, Paid them all the money and asked them to deliver the car by evening. They agreed and time decided, was 5 PM. At the same, i called my friend who also is a bhpian (drmohitg) to accompany me for pdi and delivery of the car. We both ( mohit and me ) reached the dealership at 3-30, There was she standing, all shining. It was love at first sight i should say. Here's she standing there, waiting for me to pick her up.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-optimizedimg_20130705_153312.jpg

As i was expecting, the delivery got delayed, i finally got the car at 7'o clock, after customary delivery procedure. We left the showroom, straight away to a fuel bunk, got the tyre pressure set to 32 and filled her upto the brim. Here's the pic of first full tank she got:

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130705_194334.jpg

After owning petrol car for long time, this full tank were a pleasure to our eyes

Continued.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2013 at 15:19. Reason: Edited dealer's name as per request.
sameerg001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 22:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

What i like about the car:

1- Steering, Enough said. The amount of feed back this unit offers is simply unmatchable. Also, the material used in steering is kind of high quality, It really feels very good to hold it.

2- Ride and Handling, While the slow speed stiff ride may not be to everyone's liking, but i love it. As the speed increases, It just gets better and better. Most of the undulations goes unnoticed at speeds. The engine runs out of breath, even before the chassis gives away. I have driven it quite hard on curves, but till date i haven't heard wheels squealing for grip. Even at 80-90, this car can take sharp curves. It's just brilliant, I would say best in class.

3- Space, Coming from accent, space was my major concern and I am quite happy with the space offered inside, 4 adult and 1 child can travel comfortably in the car. The rear seat is quite comfy and leg room offered is quite good by hatch back standards. Even, boot space is very practical, at 284L it's quite sufficient for my usage.

4- In city drive ability, Though the engine lacks top end punch, what it does best is, the way it drives in city. There is hardly any turbo lag, which translates to less number of gear shifts. I have driven my cousins i20 diesel for few thousands kms and i know what turbo lag exactly is.

5- AC- It's the best, i've ever seen. Even on a hot summer afternoon, running it on 3rd speed, made things quite uncomfortable at the back.

6- Stock ICE, By far it's the best i have ever seen in a car. Absolute no change to upgrade the speakers at all, Also the bluetooth functionality is awesome. No more need to carry pen drive for songs, Just stream them from phone, Also phonebook functionality is awesome.

7- NVH levels, The car is quite silent, Once warmed up. There isn't much engine noise coming inside the cabin, Kudos to ford guys for damping the car so neatly.

What i don't like in the car:

1- Front seats, They just don't offer sufficient support. My upper back hurts after long drives, The one's on i20 or swift is better. Though, rear seat is different story altogether.

2- No rear windows, Even though i don't intend to use them, But every second guy who check out my car, Just make sure to point it, Why ford why

3- No temperature gauge, I don't need stupid warning lights to tell me that my car is running at max temperature, I prefer normal gauge anyday.

4- Top end grunt, The engine just doesn't likes to be revved. The rpm goes till 5k almost, but after 4k there's hardly any surge of power. Even when fully loaded, at 3 digit speeds, You'll have to plan your overtake moves. How i wish, I could get the 1.4 Unit of i20 on my figo . But yes, the engine lacks punch. She can do 100-120 all day, but anything more will strain the engine.

Initial driving impressions:

Start the car and you won't feel, it's a diesel unless you hear it from outside. The clatter make feels his presence on a cold morning start, but as things starts warming up. You hardly hear anything inside. There are no vibrations, what so ever inside the cabin. It's only when you rev it, you feel that its a diesel mill working underhood. Till 3-3.5k, things are well sorted out, but once you're near 4-4.5k mark, There's quite prominent noise inside the cabin. More so, because of noisy good year tyres, I got with the car. Still much better then those crappy mrf's. The grip leves provided by them is fantastic, be it in wet or dry but they're damn noisy.

The clutch is neither very soft like on in new punto and linea, nor it's heavy like one i20 or duster. It just sits in middle. You won't complain about knee pain even after a long drive in b2b traffic, which sadly i've to face everyday here. The gear box is very smooth, the throws are short and slick. Personally, i foound gearbox of figo to be better then that on swift, i20 and micra. The brakes are very good, They have a good bite to them. Till date, i have faced 2-3 hard braking moments, but haven't been able to lock the tyres so far. I just love them, far better then one on swift vdi ( zdi is on par with figo, as per me ) and i20.

The suspension is the best thing about this car, it's the best in segment for me. It just provides right amount of balance between ride and handling. As slow speeds, one may find it stiff but at speeds, It just behaves like a big german sedan. The suspension set up with the amazing steering feed back makes this car a joy to drive. I have never felt so comfortable taking curves at speeds in any car as i do it in my figo. Even my dad, who never crossed 100 km/hr mark on accent, now he used to maintain 120 easily on figo. The chassis setup with the steering is a JOY. Figo with the 1.6 L unit as we've seen on fiesta would be a treat for enthusiastic like us.

The engine does it's duty but it does make you feel that it's underpowered, Though the drive ability offered by the engine is fantastic, You seldom shift it to 1st gear, 2nd and 3rd does the duty most of the time. I wish, either ford would have provided an additional 6th gear or would have made the engine a bit more powerful. 68 hp and 160nm is not much by today's standard, On comparison the 1.4 L mill on i20 is the best, I've seen in any hatch. Ofcourse now you have Polo gt Tdi to spoil yourself. I guess, I'll get a remap in near future, Not sure about it though.

The interiors, though it maybe not the segment best, But they does their duty well. I always prefer the black interior over the beige which is in fashion now a days. Nor i do feel uncomfortable with the steering mounted audio control stalk, Maybe i am used to it now. As i've already mentioned the rear seat is quite comfy but same cannot be said about front seats. The lower back is good but the upper back just doesn't provides much support, I am 5'11 btw. The headroom is not an issue at all, nor in front nor at the back. The boot space is one of the best offered in segment, It takes in quite a bit of luggage. The rear seats also fold down, though they're not 60:40 split, But once down, the space available at back is huge. I just love the way ford engineers have created the space in the car, Couple with large glasses all around. The cabin never feels claustrophobic. It always feels very airy.

Enough of words now, I guess time for few pics.

Continued.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th November 2013 at 19:49.
sameerg001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 20:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

My dad taking the delivery and My SA akshay at astro ford. He was a nice to guy to deal with, barring few hiccups. In the backgroung, My sis and mom.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130706wa0003.jpg

My brother from another mother ( drmohitg ) and Me. Thanks alot buddy for helping me at the time of delivery and waiting for 4-5 hours there with me.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130705wa0024.jpg

Car parked at home, just next day after delivery. Damn, she is still shining like day one. Touchwood.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130706_113611.jpg

This shot was taken at recent karnal meet, I went to. Thanks to Utsav batra ( BHP handle devilswearsprada ) for taking the shot buddy. Also, my current wallapaper.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_32312455764694.jpg

Just one day after delivery, I took her to Murthal for a quick meet organised by me. Posing with, fellow bhpian beast_within's swift and friend's vista. Also, the first meet she took part in.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130707wa0086.jpg

The first 1000 kms came up in a week, Thanks to new car excitement levels. Really was not able to stop driving her. Also, the red instrument cluster looks nice at night. I actually prefer blue over red though.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130716_204024.jpg

Same pic as posted above, but looks kinda more good in it.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130706wa0015.jpg

Clicked this at recent meet held in Delhi, posing with fellow bhpians car.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_11164518845805.jpg

The facelift figo kinda spoiled the front end look, Not one of the angles to look at her. Swift looks much better

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130707wa0197.jpg

Continued.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th November 2013 at 20:36.
sameerg001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 20:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Photo credits for most of the awesome pics goes to utsav batra. This one was taken at recent meet and our unplanned photo shoot.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1001277_10201633492578044_1756001637_n.jpg

This one is one of my favorites, The car surprisingly looks beautiful , Awesome photography skills, I must comment.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1185680_10201633513578569_1867459139_n.jpg

The not so good looking front end, Also in pic, Sidindica's punto, Devilwearsprada's esteem, and Samar's adventure.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1453516_10201633494218085_1338566551_n.jpg

Italian beauty and my American steed.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1454698_10201633506058381_472983266_n.jpg

The side profile looks, nice. Makes the car looks bigger.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1454957_10201633500578244_200430730_n.jpg

Notice the wheel arches and I also got door visors installed, Must looks good with the car.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1466201_10201633501378264_796172453_n.jpg

Looks nice, Eh?

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1468706_10201633503738323_1417621171_n.jpg

As said earlier, Awesome photography!

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1477511_10201633500818250_1401428370_n.jpg

This one looks mean.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-1471276_10201633505738373_1414812726_n.jpg

Fellow bhpian beast_within, Also notice LTD sticker, which was later changed to LCLC after repainting of bumper, Why? -That would later.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img20130707wa0013.jpg

Continued.

Old 20th November 2013, 20:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

As i am writing this review, The car is near 8k kms mark and So far the journey has been quite niggle free. Except for one issue, which stands unsorted even after 3-4 visits to A.S.S. It's the engine check light issue, It just comes on random on its own, Once it comes, I just restart the car, It goes away only to come after few hundreds or thousand kms later. After scanning her, No error code comes up, So even ford guys have been doing hit and trial so far. Once they resetted the ECU, Then they changed the accelerator pedal, But issue still stays as it is. It came at 2500 kms mark for first time, then came at 3000 mark, then again at 4000 mark, then didn't came till 7000kms mark, then from last few days, It just comes up and goes. I'll ask ford guys to sort it out at first service, as the car is doing quite a running these days, Can't leave her there for 4-5 hours.

Except for the above mentioned, issue. No rattles so far, thanks to solid build quality, It's just that doors squeaks, Once cleaned and polished, the door beading. It goes for a week, only to come again. Except that, No rattles what so ever. The car has been through quite a highway drives with no roads, Still so far it's silent to drive.

The fuel efficiency on highway is around 18km/l mark and in city it keeps on dancing between, 15-17km/l mark. I'll share the fuel log app stats here in a short while. So far, the worst have been 14.5 km/l, due to long idling periods with AC on and most of the driving been in B2B. Now that, AC is not being used in car, the DTE comes to around 750kms after full tank. Got 17.5 from last fill. Which is as per my expectations. Next target i have is crossing 20 km/l mark now.

So far, I don't regret my purchase at all. For 5.7L OTR, I just can't ask for more. It full on paisa vasool and i am quite happy that my money is well spent. Even my dad who was earlier against this car, Now recommends the same to everyone who's looking forward to buy the car in same bracket. He's also quite happy with it.

Going flatout on a curve, with yourself getting out of the seat, is what is enough for you to bring a smile on your face . Most of the times, i enter curve at 50km/hr and exit it flatout in 3rd gear shifting only at redline. I just love this car and will recommend the same to anyone who's looking forward to buy a VFM diesel hatch.

BUT the pleasure of driving a free revving petrol is what, can't be ever matched by a diesel, Period. I had alot of fun redlining my accent.

Another set of pics, Mainly focusing interiors and Other things coming up soon.

Regards,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 22:38   #8
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 22:48   #9
BHPian

Congratulations( it's quite late I know ) on your Figo mate!
People may argue on a lot of things. On the engine, on the looks, on what the competition has to offer. But fact of the matter is this, I know that you love your car.
And frankly, that's all that matters.
Wishing you many many miles( american eh? ) with the Figo.

PS. Nice to see my Adventure there in the pictures!
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 23:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally the much awaited review is up. Congratulations for your new ride and congratulations for finally being able to post this up here. Great looking pictures. Before your car, I was also one of those people who didn't admire the Figo that much primarily due to its old generation kind of looks although had never driven one. But multiple drives on your Figo, specially the one to murthal, changed all that. This car is a gem of a vehicle and can put much bigger and costlier cars to shame when it comes to handling and road grip. As you rightly said there is no torque kick in like the Swift but the car can still reach 3 digit speeds effortlessly and without much engine noise. The road grip and steering feedback is spot on at speeds in excess of 120 kmph. And hence as a result now I keep recommending the Figo to anyone looking to buy a diesel hatch in this segment. Its a hoot to drive, decent interior space, fairly kitted and long term maintenance costs are not sky high.

My only grudge with it the slightly outdated looks and the manual rear windows. Hope Ford takes care of that in the next edition.

BTW you mention that you booked your car at Harpreet Ford but took delivery from Astro Ford?
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 23:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Couple of more points, Which i would like to mention:

The first service was done at 2900 kms mark. The normal time period is 3months/2500 kms, But i had an urgent highway trip to be made, Which caused delay in the same. It was just the usual checks and all, i was handed a vehicle report card, Which carried all the relevant info for the service. It was done at harpreet motors, Sahibabad.

My First Scratch:

Rather call it a big hit, It happened due to complete fault of mine. I reversed at quite alot of speed, but missed this pole at the back, Which was sadly missed by me. I really kicked myself for this, As this was the first big mistake happened by me, in all my driving of 2 years :(, The damage was done. So, the option i had was, whether to take claim and get it done from Ford guys, second was to get it done from outside shop. As the car was just 2 months old, at that time. Getting it done from outside, was just not acceptable to me. I took the decision and gave the car to Harpreet ford, sahibabad. As one of my friend, who is insurance job, knew the body manager there. Which meant, I would get my car, really soon.

So, i left the car on Tuesday. Got it back on sunday evening. The delay was caused due to delay in insurance approval from bajaj guys. The first service was done there itself. The whole bill came out to be 18,500/-, I paid 1000/- as i had 0 dep and rest all was covered under insurance. The rear quarter panel was replaced and bumper was replaced.

Here's the pic, Before and After the body work. Thanks to my friend, the work done was quite near to same perfection as that of factory finish.

The damages.
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130811_171107.jpg

Awesome work done by harpreet guys.
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130825_174729.jpg

So far, I've got only Seat covers and Door visors installed. Next on the cards, is the hand brake console and fog lamps from ford itself, Also i am looking forward for illuminated scuff plates.

Here's the pic of covers:

Paid peanuts for them, Guess how much did they costed ? They came with 1 year warranty too.
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20131026_155333.jpg

Also, got the nomad mats from elegant. Paid 1200 bucks for them.
My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20131026_155415.jpg

Rest, I shall be updating the thread, with more pics and Updates soon.

Cheers,
Sameer

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Congratulations( it's quite late I know ) on your Figo mate!
People may argue on a lot of things. On the engine, on the looks, on what the competition has to offer. But fact of the matter is this, I know that you love your car.
And frankly, that's all that matters.
Wishing you many many miles( american eh? ) with the Figo.

PS. Nice to see my Adventure there in the pictures!
Thanks alot buddy. Yes, In the end, all that matters is i am happy with my purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So finally the much awaited review is up. Congratulations for your new ride and congratulations for finally being able to post this up here. Great looking pictures. Before your car, I was also one of those people who didn't admire the Figo that much primarily due to its old generation kind of looks although had never driven one. But multiple drives on your Figo, specially the one to murthal, changed all that. This car is a gem of a vehicle and can put much bigger and costlier cars to shame when it comes to handling and road grip. As you rightly said there is no torque kick in like the Swift but the car can still reach 3 digit speeds effortlessly and without much engine noise. The road grip and steering feedback is spot on at speeds in excess of 120 kmph. And hence as a result now I keep recommending the Figo to anyone looking to buy a diesel hatch in this segment. Its a hoot to drive, decent interior space, fairly kitted and long term maintenance costs are not sky high.

My only grudge with it the slightly outdated looks and the manual rear windows. Hope Ford takes care of that in the next edition.

BTW you mention that you booked your car at Harpreet Ford but took delivery from Astro Ford?
Oops! sorry for the mistake, reported to mods to correct that. And ya, thanks man for all the help. Yes, the looks are old school and rear power windows is a serious omission, But still for the money i paid, I couldn't have asked for more.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th November 2013 at 23:16.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:37   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the credits, Sam. But honestly, the car's a killer. I was about to buy a pre-owned Figo the last month but things did not turn out. The price quoted was way too high. But, the handling, the steering feedback, the AC. Everythings amazing. Congratulations mate!
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 00:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on a your new car and may you have more & more miles on it. Ford Figo definitely is a good enthusiast car delivering good fuel efficiency & light on pocket.

I would suggest you to get it remapped and the fun you will have with it would be even more. Let me put it as, it would double what you are having right now. After getting my Ford Fiesta Classic TDCi remapped it was all together different experience. Doing 65 Kmph in second gear, torque steer and easily cruises at 140+ without getting strained.

Read more about it here.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 10:53   #14
BHPian

Congrats on getting her home . I also went through a similar dilemma when i wanted to get my set of wheels and look, we both are figo owners . Hope she serves you well and helps you rack up mile after mile with absolute confidence.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 12:54   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, glad to be of service.

For the CEL, try getting the throttle body cleaned once. It happened with the fiesta, and went away after the cleaning. Dont know if its the same, but no harm trying, wot?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed