Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
A question to you. Since your car has ran in perfectly now, has the clattering reduced? I feel that our car(ran 300km) has a bit more clattering when cold as compared to the test drive vehicle(ran 10k km).
Yup, there's substantial difference. On the cold start, it does makes its way in the cabin, but once warmed up, its silent. You'll notice difference after 3k kms or so. Also, if possible get oil changed at first service, I didn't and now regret it
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:48   #32
BHPian

re: My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Also, if possible get oil changed at first service.
Yes I am contemplating oil change at first service itself as our car is July/august manufactured and by the time of second service(I.e in October) the oil will be already over an year oldand above all the oil used is not even synthetic.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Yes I am contemplating oil change at first service itself as our car is July/august manufactured and by the time of second service(I.e in October) the oil will be already over an year oldand above all the oil used is not even synthetic.
Yes, please get it changed, it'll help in making engine more smooth. Also, get the air filter cleaned at first service itself. I seriously regret not changing oil at first service and now oil is damn black in color.

I'll send the car for 10k service at around 9k itself.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2013 at 13:22.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Interiors, Set - 1.

Dashboard, Simple yet looks elegant. Plastic quality is good, There are few rough places but overall, No complain. All black dash with silver inserts looks nice. The other two variants, Exi and Lxi, Comes with dark blue kinda inserts instead of silvers in Zxi and titanium.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2549.jpg

The 284 Liter boot, Also seats fold down creating quite lot of space. Boot door needs quite an effort to close. Build quality is solid as of all fords.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2533.jpg

The glovebox is pushed further into dashboard, Creating HUGE leg room for front passenger. Little bit of panel gap, visible in the pic. One of the area, where cost cutting is evident.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2543.jpg

ABC Pedals, I badly miss the dead pedal here, I had one in my accent and i was quite used to it. Also, next to clutch pedal, there isn't much space to rest your feet.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2544.jpg

Door pockets, Sufficient for 1L bottles plus few nick nack.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2545.jpg

The best thing about car, the steering wheel, A tad bigger in size as you would expect in a hatch but joy to hold and use. Material used here is top notch. Also, notice audio control stalk behind the wheel.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2547.jpg

Rear grab handle, with a hook. Also notice, material used in roof, Feels good.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2551.jpg

Stock ICE by far one of the best, I've ever heard in any car. Plus, you get bluetooth to stream music and also for calls. No need of changing them.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2552.jpg

Close up of stalk, I prefer it this way over one's on steering wheel. I like my steering that way only

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2554.jpg

The Wiper stalk, on the right side. They feel as if they're build to last. No intermittent speed wipers though.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2555.jpg

Continued.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Interiors, Continued.

The boot opening button, Feels build to last. Also, it is illuminated in red color in light. Looks cool.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2556.jpg

The headlight switch and leveler. They're illuminated too. Quality is good here too.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2560.jpg

Front door opens wide and closed with a THUD sound.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2562.jpg

The speakers are placed a bit higher then most of the cars, But they sound really well. Good bass, I won't be changing them at all.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2563.jpg

The bottle fits in same way as shown in it.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2564.jpg

A small storage space beneath steering coloumn, I use this to keep spare change and toll tickets.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2565.jpg

The coins used to make noise, i putted in a anti slip mat to stop the sound works as desired.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2567.jpg

AC vents, I love this design, You can make them move anywhere you like. Also, when closed still there's some amount of air coming in.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2568.jpg

The defogger switch, It's illuminated too. Other 3 switches on center are dead switches.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2569.jpg

The old school styled AC controls, But anyways they serve the purpose well.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2570.jpg

Continued.
Old 24th November 2013, 16:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Interiors: Set-3

The storage available, in the dash.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2571.jpg

The 12V point, It is standard across all variants.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2572.jpg

The gear knob, up close. The exi and lxi variant gets normal black colored one. While zxi and titanium comes with silver finished one's. The gear shifts are short and slicks, No complains here.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2574.jpg

The horn pad, A bit hard to use but you get used to it soon.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2578.jpg

The bonnet opener, It's on left hand side for weird reasons best known to Ford. Also, it feels cheap to use.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2579.jpg

The roof light, it does have the theater effect or whatever you call it.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2580.jpg

The leg room available at back after adjusting front seat for me. I am 5'11.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2583.jpg

Vanity mirror on passenger side visor.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2581.jpg

The rear doors, No door pockets here. Also, rear windows goes down to about 60 percent.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2585.jpg

The leg room available, Quite spacious by the standards.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2593.jpg

Continued.
Old 24th November 2013, 16:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

The last set of pics:

The rear seat, far better then one on i20 and swift. The underthigh and back support is fantastic. I sat only once for a short while, felt it comfortable.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2592.jpg

The first 1000 kms, Not odo is at 8.2k kms.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130716_204024.jpg

The thick rear pillers, hinders with your visibility while reversing the car.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2596.jpg

On it's 2nd highway trip, clicked it while going to sahranpur(UP)

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20130826_165134.jpg

Notice seat covers.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2595.jpg

The back support is fantastic too.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2594.jpg

Random.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20131102_145359.jpg

The seat goes down all way, generating quite a good amount of space.

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_2589.jpg

Clicked this after a good long 2 hr wash and wax session

My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3-img_20131028_113150.jpg

That's it for now, Let me know if you want any specific pics. Shall be adding my fuel log data soon.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 24th November 2013, 22:03   #38
BHPian

Sameer,

Congrats on your ride, Quiet a detailed and nice review man. Figo is a fantastic car for what it offers for the price. Handling, Steering feedback, Space, Visibility are its USP. Im a happy owner for the past 1.6 yrs and 24k kms.

There are few niggles but can be sorted out easily. Get some good acquaintance at your ASC you will live peacefully throughout your ownership.

The seat cover is a steal for the money you paid

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 24th November 2013 at 22:06.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:12   #39
BHPian

Re: My 1st diesel: Diamond white Ford Figo ZXI. Interior Pics on Pg 3

Congrats on your new car and welcome to the Figo club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

The Wiper stalk, on the right side. They feel as if they're build to last. No intermittent speed wipers though.

Continued.
It is really sad that Ford has removed the intermittent wipers. I have this in mine and can't tell how helpful it is.

How is the new audio stalk? Are the touch and feel part good?
Old 25th November 2013, 13:09   #40

Nice ownership review Sameer, one can feel the passion, commitment and share your joy and I think choosing which car to buy should always be driven more by choice and liking rather than only by the economics around it.
I did the same while deciding on Fiesta 1.6 and having driven it for over 5 years and 100k Km, I am still completely in love with it every time I get behind the wheel.
Old 25th November 2013, 13:53   #41
BHPian

Fantastic review there Sammer. Shows how much you love your vehicle. Wishing you a lot of happy miles.

I think its the most VFM car in its segment. What it offers at that price is unmatched.
The ZXI is a step above the VDi of the Swift/Ritz in terms of features and a segment above in terms of handling, and is almost a lac lesser on our pocket:-)

With regard to the handling, i recently drove my cousin's punto for around 500kms and found the ride, handling and steering feedback to be better on my figo. The reason might be mine is running on 195/55 R15 contis and the punto was on 185/70 R14 yokos.

The only advantage in the punto was, it was eager to speed up even in speeds where the figo would be gasping for breath. But again we would be doing those speeds only 10-20% of the time and most of the times we are going to be on the safer side of 100. Which make the figo a much sensible buy.

I have a question for you. I read you mentioning something about a center handbrake console. Have you installed them or yet to do?
Could you post some image or link to what you exactly refer to here?

Last edited by swami.n : 25th November 2013 at 13:58.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
I have a question for you. I read you mentioning something about a center handbrake console. Have you installed them or yet to do?
Hi Swami, this would be the plastic shroud around the handbrake area.
I can link a picture if you so require.

Attachment 1065122

This image shows the handbrake shroud around the handbrake console, essentially a plastic shroud.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 25th November 2013 at 15:13.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 18:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post

Hi Swami, this would be the plastic shroud around the handbrake area.
I can link a picture if you so require.

This image shows the handbrake shroud around the handbrake console, essentially a plastic shroud.
Hey thanks for the picture. Is it available as an after market accessory in A.S.S or any other shop?

This will surely give my LXi's interiors a lift:-)
Old 25th November 2013, 22:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Hey thanks for the picture. Is it available as an after market accessory in A.S.S or any other shop?

This will surely give my LXi's interiors a lift:-)
Hey Swami, Yes you can get it as an after market accessory from ASC. Its bit pricey around 2.5k
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 02:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Sameer,

Congrats on your ride, Quiet a detailed and nice review man. Figo is a fantastic car for what it offers for the price. Handling, Steering feedback, Space, Visibility are its USP. Im a happy owner for the past 1.6 yrs and 24k kms.

There are few niggles but can be sorted out easily. Get some good acquaintance at your ASC you will live peacefully throughout your ownership.

The seat cover is a steal for the money you paid
Thanks buddy, Have already made friend with head mechanic and one SA there at the service center. All thanks to engine check light issue, For which I've been there already 4-5 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Congrats on your new car and welcome to the Figo club.

It is really sad that Ford has removed the intermittent wipers. I have this in mine and can't tell how helpful it is.

How is the new audio stalk? Are the touch and feel part good?
Thanks buddy, I guess intermittent wipers were not there in ZXi itself from starting, It only came with titanium from which it is removed now.

And the audio stalk is pretty much solid, It feels as if its been built to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asthana#No.1 View Post
Nice ownership review Sameer, one can feel the passion, commitment and share your joy and I think choosing which car to buy should always be driven more by choice and liking rather than only by the economics around it.
I did the same while deciding on Fiesta 1.6 and having driven it for over 5 years and 100k Km, I am still completely in love with it every time I get behind the wheel.
Thanks piyush, Man the fiesta 1.6 is one heck of an machine. I actually tried looking for 1.6 S in that Aquarius blue color, but sadly found none.

But then my running increased and it didn't made sense to get a petrol sedan at current fuel prices scenario.

Quote:
Fantastic review there Sammer. Shows how much you love your vehicle. Wishing you a lot of happy miles.

I think its the most VFM car in its segment. What it offers at that price is unmatched.
The ZXI is a step above the VDi of the Swift/Ritz in terms of features and a segment above in terms of handling, and is almost a lac lesser on our pocket:-)

With regard to the handling, i recently drove my cousin's punto for around 500kms and found the ride, handling and steering feedback to be better on my figo. The reason might be mine is running on 195/55 R15 contis and the punto was on 185/70 R14 yokos.

The only advantage in the punto was, it was eager to speed up even in speeds where the figo would be gasping for breath. But again we would be doing those speeds only 10-20% of the time and most of the times we are going to be on the safer side of 100. Which make the figo a much sensible buy.

Thanks buddy. I drove punto, linea and figo back to back and to be honest founded figo to be better in handling department not that other two are inferior. But where punto and linea shined were the engine, It was more rev friendly then one on figo. Though, all 3 of them are underpowered. But still figo is slowest amongst them. But still, I would figo over punto on any given day.

P.S I have a linea in family, which i drive quite frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hey Swami, Yes you can get it as an after market accessory from ASC. Its bit pricey around 2.5k
It's available for 2.4k here at Astro ford. Mostly, I'll be adding it to my ride on 2nd service, which is just a month away.

UPDATE on engine check light issue:

The light was constantly annoying since last few days, but due to time limitations i was not able to attend it. After restarting the car, It used to go for couple of kms but, only to come again.

But, today while returning from class, The light suddenly came on while i was doing some 50 km/h and the car lost all the power suddenly, even after downshifting and pressing the A pedal completely, the car kept loosing it's momentum. Managed to get her off the road, switched it off, then after 5 mins started it again. Though the light didn't went away but now the car was somewhat drivable.

So, Directly took the car to Astro Ford, where i was acknowledged promptly on arrival. The job card was ready in 5 mins, they took in the car at 12'0 clock and told me that i'll get her back at 4. I went to my home, as service center is just 2 kms away from my home. Called them up at 4-30, He told me the car will be ready to delivered by 5.

Went there at 5, they replaced one sensor after scanning the car. Bill was 0, as it was covered in warranty. Left from there at 5-15. So far after replacement of sensor, I've driven over 50 kms and i guess, it's sorted out now. I just now hope that, It doesn't come again. Had enough of it now
sameerg001 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks