Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 20:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Waited for ~2 years - Ford EcoSport, 1.0L Ecoboost heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Did you order them online? Can you please share the link. I have been searching for them all over Vijayawada, but couldn't get the same model.
No I have ordered them in a local shop in Hyderabad (Indian De'cars , Banjara Hills). Couldn't get time to go there to collect it. They called me one week back that item has arrived.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 19:32   #17
BHPian

Paint Protection Film and tweeters

Paint Protection Film

I have got the paint Protection Film done from 3M care and here are my take away.
  1. Applied PPF on Front bumper, Door edges (Inclusive of boot door), rear scuff running area, Door handle area and rear view Mirror.
  2. The total cost was 12700 (by considering the car in B segment -- In C segment sedans.)
  3. You can easily figure out the edges, once the dust comes in ..
  4. I recommend this for metros where you have uncontrollable two wheelers and 3 wheelers ( I have seen similar situation in Hyderabad and Bangalore)

Tweeters

I got tweeters fitted over this weekend. I bought Hertz DT 24.3 speakers. I feel after fitting this, the treble is coming in front and it pushes down Bass. So I feel this one is not with the right spec for this music system. I would recommend to first find out what are the specs of a tweeter in EcoSport AT or in Fiesta and then buy similar spec tweeters. Overall I feel that the balance of sound has come down. But if you prefer treble over bass then you can go ahead with these tweeters. (In other words if you like classical songs a lot, then you may like these tweeters)
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 10:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I bought Hertz DT 24.3 speakers. I feel after fitting this, the treble is coming in front and it pushes down Bass. So I feel this one is not with the right spec for this music system.
Have you tried tuning the equalizer. It should help you reduce the high frequencies. Looks like I should drop off my decision on buying tweeters!
Old 11th December 2013, 12:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried tuning the equalizer. It should help you reduce the high frequencies. Looks like I should drop off my decision on buying tweeters!
I tried that as well. But before you buy It's better to check with Ford service to see the spec of the company tweeters.
Old 11th December 2013, 12:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I tried that as well. But before you buy It's better to check with Ford service to see the spec of the company tweeters.
Thanks for the advice. I shall do that in case I go for them.
As you got Good years shod on your ride, I'd like to hear from you about them. Are they good enough for our road conditions?
Old 11th December 2013, 14:38   #21
BHPian

Congratulations anumod on your Blue Ecosport. Lovely color!
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles with this car. And do post some interior pics.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 22:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I shall do that in case I go for them.
As you got Good years shod on your ride, I'd like to hear from you about them. Are they good enough for our road conditions?
I feel they are good enough. I am not getting any road noise inside he cabin and breaking is also good. ( I am comparing it with the MIchelin on my Fiesta and I feel this is OK )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations anumod on your Blue Ecosport. Lovely color!
Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles with this car. And do post some interior pics.
Thank you, I will post some interiors pictures soon, it has been pending for a long time from my side as welll
Old 12th December 2013, 22:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I feel they are good enough. I am not getting any road noise inside the cabin and braking is also good.
Thanks for the info. Then I should be praying for Good Years on mine. Though I wanted to swap the good years for michelins, I couldn't find even a single tyre shop in my place,who is willing to buy back the Good years/MRFs.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Then I should be praying for Good Years on mine. Though I wanted to swap the good years for michelins, I couldn't find even a single tyre shop in my place,who is willing to buy back the Good years/MRFs.
If it's GoodsYear, I don't see a pressing reason to change. Even if it's a MRF, if you can bear the road noise and lack of grip, it gives better life. On my Fiesta the factory fitted one ran for 75K KM.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:39   #25
BHPian

Highway Mileage update

This week I went on a highway trip of 150 KM and got a mileage of 17.7 with 100% A/C on. All the time the speed was between 80 and 100. I think the optimum speed is 90 as real time mileage indicator shows more than 17 with speed at 90. At 80 the mileage was always below 15 in real time indicator. So I think ARAI figure of 18.9 is achievable with an engine run over 5000 KM and maintain a speed of 90. I was running the car with 97 octane petrol. So may be with 91 octane petrol you might be getting a lower figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Waited for ~2 years - Ford EcoSport, 1.0L Ecoboost heart-mileage-17.7.jpg  

anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 10:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
This week I went on a highway trip of 150 KM and got a mileage of 17.7 with 100% A/C on.
That's a very promising economy figure, I must say. You must be really happy with it. And there is still a scope of improvement with the engine breaking in. Anyways congrats on that!
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 11:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Driving Experience with High Octane Petrol

As the owners manual suggest 95 octane petrol, I had a conversation with technical folks of Ford about the usage of Petrol. They said that the car is certified for 91 octane petrol, but if we want more performance, we can go for either 95/97 petrol.

....The price is way high 102 rupees for one litre compared to normal petrol of 77. But after putting this petrol the engine is really smooth. The knocking of the engine has come down drastically. I would recommend for all the EcoBoost owners to try this at least once on a tankful. At least the MID is showing a 10-15% increase in mileage also with this petrol...
Nicely written report! Congrats on the blue car and wish you miles if happiness!

Why don't you try Shell petrol? I have seen people swear by the brand & quality and heard ONLY positive reviews about those, except for the price. And that Octane 91 sure costs a bomb.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th December 2013 at 11:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nicely written report! Congrats on the blue car and wish you miles if happiness!

Why don't you try Shell petrol? I have seen people swear by the brand & quality and heard ONLY positive reviews about those, except for the price. And that Octane 91 sure costs a bomb.
EcoBoost is designed to work best on 95 or 97 octane petrol. (The owner's manual also clearly says that recommended petrol is 95 octane) Shell super petrol is also 91 octane with additives. And that was the reason I went with Speed 97 from Bharat petroleum. As far as I know Speed is the only one that has a higher octane number than 91.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 15:03   #29
BHPian

First Service

Over the weekend I completed the first service. There was a just small top up of Engine oil (100 ML). That was the major consumable. As they were not cleaning the spark plug and when I asked them, the answer I got was , the spanner for removing spark plug for EcoBoost is not available with them.
Old 16th December 2013, 16:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
When I asked them, the answer I got was , the spanner for removing spark plug for EcoBoost is not available with them.
I laughed my guts out after reading this post. It takes a ton of recklessness to give an answer like that. Didn't they take any feedback from you after service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks