Team-BHP - Josh machine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Josh machine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/14500-josh-machine.html)

Got this brilliant silver blue green a.k.a vitro colored babe last year.
Completed now about a year and 3 months, has been very faithful ever since we bought her. Our first very own car after Fiat, Trax, Maruti 800 and Indica 2000 petrol. My dad was not very keen on buying this babe but he gave into my persuasion. He had his eyes set on first the Fiat Siena or now the Petra, palio and baleno. I loved the baleno too. But then my choice was finally the Ikon 1.3 although I would have loved the 1.6 nxt. But nonetheless Im glad we bought this babe.
Just as we bought this babe we wanted to explore the internal beauty and so we did. Just finishing about 200 kilometers in the first 3 days my dad decided to take it for a rather enduring spin from Mumbai to Hyderabad and then Bangalore. He was very apprehensive about taking the car within the first hundred kilometers to such distances. But decided to stick to it.
The first trip till Hyderabad was an awesome one, it took about flat 11 hours to be there. Ripping through the highways and enjoying the landscapes and the smell of the new car was an experience of it own.
And then we hit the rocky part of the roads where we thought it would damage the car and well our backs too. But this babe went on to give amazing control over the road as well as the suspensions.
It has really good legroom in the front for the passenger as well as the driver. The rear passenger is affected a little because of the driver seat sometimes if its slid back to its full length. But otherwise its comfortable considering all the other sedans, dint really like the accent for this part, no legroom at the back.
Considering what the guy at the showroom said regarding the mileage, i think she does really well, gives about 11.5 to 12 in the city and about 13-14 on the highways with the airconditioning on sometimes.
We had a comfortable journey from Hyderabad to Bangalore with ofcourse a stretch of bad road and occasional rain.
One hitch when rain hits is that this car doesnt have rear wipers which makes it difficult to judge vehicles behind.
But car doesnt lose its grip even when we hit about 90 on the higway with the rain. Very smooth. Infact one cant make out the speed without looking at the speedometer. It just glides like butter.The fifth gear works upto 130 beyond which I havent explored.Will try later pushing it to its limits.
And well the ground clearance also good considering all of us are healthy and when the vehicle is fully loaded never heard the speedbreakers kiss the stomach.
Its even great for a beginner to start off with. Its easy maintenance as opposed by many people. Although it has power steering, the feel is not that great, slightly dull as compared to getz or accent.
The gears are pretty much smooth and consistent.
Its awesome even when stuck in heavy bottlenecks and bad traffic situations like sakinaka. Just glides through even with a beginner like me behind the wheels . No issues with it whatsoever.
IKON my babe truly a Josh Machine.(Pardon me for the female-female tendency but I love her)

Good to c u appreciate ur car...nice report...:)

Hey girl, nice to see yuu back on TBHP...and awesome description!

The first review by a babe @ TBHP. Good job. But didnt we forget soemthing? The K&N ;)