Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 14:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Congrats on living your dream, excellent pictures and attention to detail there.

Wish you a million happy miles.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 15:25   #32
BHPian

Congratulations, enjoy your new BMW. Do keep us posted on how your car performs.

Did you take BSI package for your car?
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 15:44   #33
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!! and an Excellent Ownership Review
Happy and Safe Driving!!
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 16:20   #34
BHPian

Congratualtions on the car, loved the interior of the car, not to undermine the driving experience in anyway, overall money well spent in my opinion.

I did have a question on the ownership experience, i know yours is relatively recent, I have always seen terms like BSI thrown around, would you mind if you could please share what exactly BSI is and also what does it take or one can expect to imagine on a typical BMW service if one does not have pre-paid option.

Your feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 16:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on living your dream, excellent pictures and attention to detail there.

Wish you a million happy miles.
Thanks, abhinav.gupta88!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Congratulations, enjoy your new BMW. Do keep us posted on how your car performs.

Did you take BSI package for your car?
Thanks, coloneljasi!
So far I haven't taken BSI but planning to opt for it before the first servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Congratualtions on the car, loved the interior of the car, not to undermine the driving experience in anyway, overall money well spent in my opinion.

I did have a question on the ownership experience, i know yours is relatively recent, I have always seen terms like BSI thrown around, would you mind if you could please share what exactly BSI is and also what does it take or one can expect to imagine on a typical BMW service if one does not have pre-paid option.

Your feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Best - ML
Firstly, thanks for the compliments!

BSI is a service package which you can opt for three or five years and need not to worry about any cost related to servicing means labor and consumables, all will be covered under it.

There will be still small payments that you have to make like car washing, etc and also in case of RFT going bad you may have to shell out some money based on how old or new the tire was. But that is a part of BMW secure which is basically an additional insurance for tires, alloys and hydrostatic lock.

So basically BSI+extended warranty for five years will ensure you don't pay anything during the ownership and BMW secure which is a yearly insurance will ensure you don't get financial hit by failure of tires, alloys and hydrostatic lock.

I hope this answers your question.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:11   #36
BHPian

congrats on your car and kudos for a great review with pics.

if its not too much of a hassle could you PM me the final deal?

Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:21   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Thanks, akshay1234! Somehow I knew that answer for my question is going to come from you.

Also, thanks a lot for answering my questions during car selection process, it really helped a lot.

Where can I get the IND number plates?

Photography credit goes to sukiwa!
Anytime buddy.

The plates, I'm not sure where to get them in Pune. I'm sure your local number plate person can get it done. It will look a lot better than the weird shaped front plate and oversized rear plate. If this isn't available get a normal simple plate made, and stick it on with double sided 3M tape, that way the screws are not needed and it looks neat.

As for the rear ride being bumpy? What pressure are you running? I suggest try it out at 30psi all around for the city, and 32psi all around for highway drives, and 34psi for the rear if it is going to be fully loaded.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th March 2014 at 17:22.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Firstly, thanks for the compliments!

BSI is a service package which you can opt for three or five years and need not to worry about any cost related to servicing means labor and consumables, all will be covered under it.

There will be still small payments that you have to make like car washing, etc and also in case of RFT going bad you may have to shell out some money based on how old or new the tire was. But that is a part of BMW secure which is basically an additional insurance for tires, alloys and hydrostatic lock.

So basically BSI+extended warranty for five years will ensure you don't pay anything during the ownership and BMW secure which is a yearly insurance will ensure you don't get financial hit by failure of tires, alloys and hydrostatic lock.

I hope this answers your question.
Thank you very much, helps in a big way, the only request that i have now is if you could please share service related bills when you go in for service, i have been on the fence for quite sometime regarding the horses from Baveria, just don't have enough courage to the take the leap yet.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 17:28   #39
BHPian

A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The plates, I'm not sure where to get them in Pune. I'm sure your local number plate person can get it done.

I had tried sourcing euro plates in Bombay for a friend's Ecosport but did not succeed. It seems the government has banned these kind of plates and you can get them only through the RTO. I don't know how true is that. I was searching near Santacruz,Milan subway.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 07:48   #40
BHPian

Congratulations ! It must be a really amazing feeling to own such a marvel of engineering and quality.
I have test driven the exact same model and oh my god. It is FAST ! You put the car in "SPORT" and everything becomes so much more better; the suspension, the steering, etc ! And the SPEEEED !
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 08:06   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where can I get the IND number plates?
Apparently in Delhi only the RTOs can issue these plates and hence they are only being put on new cars. I guess it will be the same in Mumbai too. The RTO guy would deliver your plates to the dealership and they can come and fix it for you.

Quote:
Thank you very much, helps in a big way, the only request that i have now is if you could please share service related bills when you go in for service, i have been on the fence for quite sometime regarding the horses from Baveria, just don't have enough courage to the take the leap yet.
As skyliner has rightly said above, BSI is an all inclusive service pack for a fixed number of years or kms. Also along with it, you can also opt for extended warranty for the car for the same period. Now the service part alone may not make that much sense as the average servicing cost for the car would amount to approx Rs 25-30k. But the important thing here is the warranty. These cars are quite fragile at that and most parts are priced atrociously. Hence extended warranty covers you in case of any premature part failure.

My experience is: After buying the 5 year/60k kms BSI, I have started enjoying my car more since I do not need to worry about brake pad changes etc and in general anything anymore.

Last edited by drmohitg : 28th March 2014 at 08:19.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 10:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
congrats on your car and kudos for a great review with pics.

if its not too much of a hassle could you PM me the final deal?

Thanks
Thanks, hajaar!
Sure, will PM you the deal details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Anytime buddy.

The plates, I'm not sure where to get them in Pune. I'm sure your local number plate person can get it done. It will look a lot better than the weird shaped front plate and oversized rear plate. If this isn't available get a normal simple plate made, and stick it on with double sided 3M tape, that way the screws are not needed and it looks neat.

As for the rear ride being bumpy? What pressure are you running? I suggest try it out at 30psi all around for the city, and 32psi all around for highway drives, and 34psi for the rear if it is going to be fully loaded.
Thanks, again. Will look for sources nearby.

So far I am keeping 32 at front and 33/34 at rear depending on the load. I keep it same for both, city and highway driving.

30 all around don't feel safe to me as I constantly feel that a pot hole or bump would damage the tire. Will try 31/32 all around and observe the difference.

Quote:

Best - ML
Sure, will share the details when time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I had tried sourcing euro plates in Bombay for a friend's Ecosport but did not succeed. It seems the government has banned these kind of plates and you can get them only through the RTO. I don't know how true is that. I was searching near Santacruz,Milan subway.
I heard it too from a BHPian in Pune. Will find out more this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Congratulations ! It must be a really amazing feeling to own such a marvel of engineering and quality.
I have test driven the exact same model and oh my god. It is FAST ! You put the car in "SPORT" and everything becomes so much more better; the suspension, the steering, etc ! And the SPEEEED !
Thanks, shoaib!
Old 28th March 2014, 11:49   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, again. Will look for sources nearby.

So far I am keeping 32 at front and 33/34 at rear depending on the load. I keep it same for both, city and highway driving.

30 all around don't feel safe to me as I constantly feel that a pot hole or bump would damage the tire. Will try 31/32 all around and observe the difference.
30 is perfectly fine. I've been using it for years on my 3 without any issues, and my car has 45 profiles normal tubeless tyres. I keep 30 on my other cars too since I find it has the best balance between comfort and handling. Enough of other friends of mine with the German trio have stuck to 30 after my recommendation and have been happy. Bear in mind the runflat has a much thicker sidewall than tubeless so unless you hit a big pothole at a high speed there is no risk of sidewall issues.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 16:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

So finally your ownership thread is up!

Congratulations on what many would consider as one of the much awaited milestones in their lives, buying a car which is the stuff that childhood dreams are made of.

The very sight of the side boosters and the extended thigh support is soothing to the eyes. I wish this was available in after market seats, for which I would gladly apply for a loan!

I am sure you will take good care of her and she will reciprocate accordingly. My recommendation would be to drive out to Chorla ghat and open that sunroof.

Live to drive buddy, also drive safe and wish you many happy miles together!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 16:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
So finally your ownership thread is up!

Congratulations on what many would consider as one of the much awaited milestones in their lives, buying a car which is the stuff that childhood dreams are made of.

The very sight of the side boosters and the extended thigh support is soothing to the eyes. I wish this was available in after market seats, for which I would gladly apply for a loan!

I am sure you will take good care of her and she will reciprocate accordingly. My recommendation would be to drive out to Chorla ghat and open that sunroof.

Live to drive buddy, also drive safe and wish you many happy miles together!
Thanks for your kind words, selfdrive!

Chorla ghat with open sunroof sounds great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks