Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 11:15   #46
BHPian

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Never thought I would be writing an ownership review of a 320d so early in life.
You have simply lived my dream man. I was so desperate to have this beast in the early stages of life. My hearty congratulations that you made it. Wish you many happy miles with that beauty.

Quote:
But then the kind of automobile nuts we are, I was always on a look out to upgrade. I opened this topic several times in front of my wife and promptly closed it looking at her reaction. One thing about me is that I never give up when it comes to cars. And she knew it.
This is what exactly happening with me right now, except that our finances are no where near buying a beamer.

Quote:
Even if you are bankrupt after buying this car, driving it makes you forget that and that's what really matters.
That's exactly what is driving me crazy about buying this one. Your review just added fuel to the fire. Boy, I'm going to get killed if my wife comes across this post by any chance.

By the way, the only thing I feel missing in this car is paddle shifters which add to the overall sporty feel of the car. It may be my personal opinion, but I don't find a reason for not providing them. Even my Civic which is 2 segments below the 320d has them.
Old 29th March 2014, 13:03   #47
BHPian

Congratulations for the dream machine of many here.
Looks stunning in black.
Happy miles ahead.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your dream machine buddy. She looks absolutely stunning in black along with black interiors. For a driver enthusiast, there is no other option than buying a bmw.

How is the ride quality over rough patches? Is it manageable or too stiff like the old 3 series?

If you dont mind answering, are you a commercial pilot by profession?

Drive safe, have fun.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
You have simply lived my dream man. I was so desperate to have this beast in the early stages of life. My hearty congratulations that you made it. Wish you many happy miles with that beauty.

This is what exactly happening with me right now, except that our finances are no where near buying a beamer.

That's exactly what is driving me crazy about buying this one. Your review just added fuel to the fire. Boy, I'm going to get killed if my wife comes across this post by any chance.

By the way, the only thing I feel missing in this car is paddle shifters which add to the overall sporty feel of the car. It may be my personal opinion, but I don't find a reason for not providing them. Even my Civic which is 2 segments below the 320d has them.
Thanks, madhav14!

If you are close to getting one then do go and get it. As said in my review, you won't regret at all.

Well, paddle shifters should have been there but then the gear knob itself is so much fun to operate that I don't really care about the shifters.

I guess 328i gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congratulations for the dream machine of many here.
Looks stunning in black.
Happy miles ahead.

Thanks, Raosaheb Desai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congratulations on your dream machine buddy. She looks absolutely stunning in black along with black interiors. For a driver enthusiast, there is no other option than buying a bmw.

How is the ride quality over rough patches? Is it manageable or too stiff like the old 3 series?

If you dont mind answering, are you a commercial pilot by profession?

Drive safe, have fun.
Thanks, coolboy007!

Ride quality is manageable and I think it's better that the E90. Depends on air pressure as well.

I am not a pilot (at least as of now).

If you are guessing because of the profile picture then the picture is there because my team worked on that aircraft design and manufacturing.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:39   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on your awesome ride. What was the damage to the bank, if you feel like sharing?

Also noticed you didn't consider the A4? Any particular reason? I was a huge beemer fan but ended up buying the A4. Also forgot to consider the Q3 and X1!!
Old 29th March 2014, 17:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Congratulations on your awesome ride. What was the damage to the bank, if you feel like sharing?

Also noticed you didn't consider the A4? Any particular reason? I was a huge beemer fan but ended up buying the A4. Also forgot to consider the Q3 and X1!!
Thanks, microaubin!

Have sent you PM regarding deal details.

Well, with all due respect to A4, I was never going to buy a FWD for that kind of money. And I didn't have budget for a Quattro A6 or something similar.

A4's interiors are more plush than 320d but then that wasn't my priority. And idrive in 320d is much more fun to operate than mmi. A minor point but still relevant.
Old 29th March 2014, 19:46   #52
BHPian

Hi,

Congratulations to you and a nice detailed post
Curiously, I read through the 4 pages, but couldn't find out the final price you paid for it after all the haggling.

Please share if convenient.

Thanks!
Old 29th March 2014, 22:07   #53
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride, the 3-series is my favourite car.
I had a few questions, how does it compare with E90 in terms of driving and handling?
Also, did you take the service plan? any idea what the cost it?
Old 30th March 2014, 09:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Hi,

Congratulations to you and a nice detailed post
Curiously, I read through the 4 pages, but couldn't find out the final price you paid for it after all the haggling.

Please share if convenient.

Thanks!
Thanks, sanchit.j!

Will PM you the deal details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjuunz View Post
Congrats on your new ride, the 3-series is my favourite car.
I had a few questions, how does it compare with E90 in terms of driving and handling?
Also, did you take the service plan? any idea what the cost it?
Thanks, arjuunz!

F30's ride quality is of course better than E90. Can't say how much better it is as I have driven E90 for a short period.

So far haven't taken the service plan but I heard it costs 3L for 5 years with extended warranty included.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:09   #55
BHPian

Sorry for reading this review so late Sumeet. Lovely review man! Loved it
The next time we meet, can I check out the car in detail if you don't mind ?
Congrats on the new car, happy RWD fun

Oh and yes, welcome to the club! hehe
Old 1st April 2014, 17:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Sorry for reading this review so late Sumeet. Lovely review man! Loved it
The next time we meet, can I check out the car in detail if you don't mind ?
Congrats on the new car, happy RWD fun

Oh and yes, welcome to the club! hehe
Thanks, Amey.

And what's with "if you don't mind and all"?!

Also, thanks a lot for lending me spare wheel for my recent long trip. You rock!

Btw, did some off roading and F30 performed quite well. :sly:

Attached one picture of the track and car. Shall upload video in a couple of days when I get hold of my PC.
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold-1396354485293.jpg  

the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 19:02   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Amey.

And what's with "if you don't mind and all"?!

Also, thanks a lot for lending me spare wheel for my recent long trip. You rock!

Btw, did some off roading and F30 performed quite well. :sly:

Attached one picture of the track and car. Shall upload video in a couple of days when I get hold of my PC.
Well these germans are built pretty well and if you drive with your head firmly planted on your shoulders, they can take bad roads in their stride pretty easily.

I never doubted whether it could tackle bad roads or not. Anyway glad that you had fun in it.

You should switch to Tubeless (Read: Better shoes) and have even more fun!

Always happy to be of any help to friends mate Good thing is you didn't have to make use of it. Let's hope your trip goes well just like it has till now.

Have fun!
Old 1st April 2014, 23:02   #58
BHPian

Congratulations skyliner! She is indeed a beauty, love the color. Black interiors and the red stitching look stunning, and those are some great pictures.

Do you mind sharing the details of the deal? You could PM me too. However, it would benefit the whole community if you post it, I'm seeing everyone wants to know the price!!

Last edited by Y@SH : 1st April 2014 at 23:03.
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Well these germans are built pretty well and if you drive with your head firmly planted on your shoulders, they can take bad roads in their stride pretty easily.

I never doubted whether it could tackle bad roads or not. Anyway glad that you had fun in it.

You should switch to Tubeless (Read: Better shoes) and have even more fun!

Always happy to be of any help to friends mate Good thing is you didn't have to make use of it. Let's hope your trip goes well just like it has till now.

Have fun!

Germans cars are in deed well built!
Can't afford new tires at least for next one year. Will get a set tubeless plus a spare (not space saver) next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Congratulations skyliner! She is indeed a beauty, love the color. Black interiors and the red stitching look stunning, and those are some great pictures.

Do you mind sharing the details of the deal? You could PM me too. However, it would benefit the whole community if you post it, I'm seeing everyone wants to know the price!!
Thanks, Y@SH!
Yes, will PM you the details.
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Never thought I would be writing an ownership review of a 320d so early in life.

Also, I am no photographer. So if you see awesome pictures in this review then it is because we have awesome photographing BHPians here who get up at 6am on a Sunday morning to take pictures of your new ride. Thanks a lot sukiwa!

Buying and decision making process:
To be honest, there was not really a strong urge to buy a new car as I was completely satisfied with my then current car, a Polo 1.6. It had almost everything, a high revving NA engine, linear power delivery, elegant interiors, fantastic handling and good seats. And add to that a very hassle free 30k kms.
What I like the most is the opening statement - honestly you are lucky
BMW 3 series is any drivers dream, it may be a M3 if you are from Europe or any other western country , but when you are from India and you are not gifted with Autobahns, an average driver in this country narrows down to a 320d.

When I first saw the tittle of this thread, I somehow had a feeling that it would be your 320D. Anyway kudos for the purchase once again and for the ownership report.
The pics are amazing and Sukiwa gets the cheers
I am also happy to see the car much more cleaner than how it looked when we did the Lavasa drive.

Wishing you lots of happy miles in your car and may be the Pune T bhp members should meet up once again - if not for a drive may be a for a coffee? Lets say Coffee pe charcha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks