Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 17:38   #91
BHPian

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

A long due update:

Car had it's first regular servicing done in January with 14k on the odo.
Bavaria motors did a good job and took only 5 hours to finish it.

Post service, the engine felt smoother also throttle response was better - but this could be just me

I haven't takes BSI yet and do not intend to - smartness or stupidity only time will tell.

Insurance (0 dep) renewal was done in January. Opted for bajaj allianz this time as Bavaria motors sent me a quote which was 30% higher than market price.

RFT has been no issue so far. So all the apprehension during the buying decision making process was more or less pointless.
The left rear tyre probably has a minor puncture but the service guys said it ain't there. However, it loses air pressure regularly albeit very less (2 psi in 15 days). I simple refill the air and drive - this for last 2-3 months. So issues what so ever.

Fuel economy of 14.5 kmpl is what I am getting regularly with a ratio of city to highway driving of 70:30. No complaints here too.

All in all, a great experience so far. Although I haven't driven it as much as I would have liked to. Partially the blame goes to brother's i10 which he has kept with me while he is overseas and I bear the responsibility to keep the car entertained
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:26   #92
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Fuel economy of 14.5 kmpl is what I am getting regularly with a ratio of city to highway driving of 70:30. No complaints here.
Do consider trying the Eco Pro mode. Despite opinions that Comfort mode is the ideal one for normal and highway use, I find the Ecopro mode suitable for all types of drives. The coasting feature makes a great difference to fuel efficiency and I regularly get 20+ km/ltr. In case where quick overtaking is required, I use the kickdown!!! For well surfaced mountain roads with low traffic and plenty of turns like the Himalyan Expressway, that's when the finger reaches for the Sports mode.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 18:11   #93
BHPian

hey skyliner, congrats on your black beauty. I am in the same boat since last one month. The hunt is on. I will email incase I need a third eye
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 19:48   #94
BHPian

I feel I am going to be in an even more confused state with many new beasts being launched in 2016 - Fortuner, Endeavour, Pajero, Trailblazer. All nice cars, hopefully sub 30L. Its entirely a different segment but I feel they all have a tinch of sedanism in them.
htanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 00:02   #95
BHPian

Hi Skyliner, it's indeed a dream come true. I can easily relate to it and had the similar feeling when we got our X1 in Nov 2013.

These are real beasts! Enjoy to the fullest.

And, that's some neat mileage you are getting in your car.
MindOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:59   #96
BHPian

Few updates:

1. Completed 31k yesterday with no major issues as such.

2. Reverse parking sensors are kaput. Need to get it checked sometime soon.

3. There was a minor puncture in rear left tyre. Got it repaired at a local tyre shop. 10 minutes job it was.

Thinking of going for a staggered set-up. Might do it by year end.
the_skyliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 10:49   #97
BHPian

The reverse parking sensors on my car suddenly started working on its own! Didn't get time to get it checked and repaired for almost 6 months. I guess the car must have given up on me and got it done itself.

Crossed 38k on the ODO and another 1k before it goes for the 3rd regular servicing.

It will also complete three years in another 6 weeks. A random thought of upgrading came to mind a month ago. But then a solo drive of 800 kms happened and I fell in love with it all over again.

If I don't change the car, then probably will go for staggered set-up and M-Kit during the servicing next month.
the_skyliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 15:56   #98
BHPian

The car suffered a minor puncture last weekend on the rear-right tire.

Was about to leave for Mumbai when I noticed a small nail which might have been there for a week or so. It might have got in during a trip to remote place (Prathamesh farms, Khed-Shivapur) near Pune.

Got it repaired at Darshan tyres on Baner road which is on the way to Mumbai.

10 mins job but the repair guy used an analog meter to check the pressure. He reduced pressure in all four tires and I was stupid not to bother about it!

On reaching Mumbai, I checked the pressure using a digital meter and all four tired had 24-25 psi. Got it back to 33psi at the nearest fuel pump.

Tomorrow, car will be sent for it's 3rd servicing. A brief report to follow once it is back.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 08:58   #99
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Got it back to 33psi at the nearest fuel pump.
Depending on how much the car is loaded, lower pressure may work better. I use 30 psi with myself and my luggage, 31psi when fully loaded. Above these pressures the setup feels hard. Evidence that the pressure works well came during servicing after initial 8000km- there was NO tread wear (or brake pad wear) at all.
Old 21st December 2016, 11:38   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Depending on how much the car is loaded, lower pressure may work better. I use 30 psi with myself and my luggage, 31psi when fully loaded. Above these pressures the setup feels hard. Evidence that the pressure works well came during servicing after initial 8000km- there was NO tread wear (or brake pad wear) at all.
Agreed. I keep 31 or 32 depending on the load in the car. However, I am not comfortable with 30 even if I am driving solo.

By the way, the car is back after it's 3rd servicing (ODO: 39k). Brake pads are good for another 3-4k kms so would wait for another couple of months before replacing them. The total bill was 28k.

And now the shocker: the steering assembly on my car has gone kaput and would need to be replaced within 1k kms. The total cost is 2.7-2.8L including labor. And another shocker is I do not have extended warranty.

BMW and my dealer has agreed to take up 80% of the cost and I would be paying remaining 20% as a part of goodwill warranty. Even if I am not happy that such a part has gone kaput in such a short duration, totally appreciate their gesture.

They will take the car back next week and get it replaced in two days time.
Old 22nd December 2016, 00:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now the shocker: the steering assembly on my car has gone kaput and would need to be replaced within 1k kms. The total cost is 2.7-2.8L including labor. And another shocker is I do not have extended warranty.
Did you report any issues with steering during the service or they detected it during the maintenance ?

How long will it take them to get it fixed?
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Did you report any issues with steering during the service or they detected it during the maintenance ?

How long will it take them to get it fixed?
The issue was reported by me during 3rd regular servicing as there was some kind of rattling noise coming from steering rack while driving on cement road or rough surface.

They have ordered the parts and expect deliver in 4 working days. The repair work itself will take 2 days till then they have returned the car.

Quite happy with their service so far.
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! That would mean around 60k from the pocket. How much is the extended warranty for? Is there any way that you could use the goodwill payment to activate the warranty? I hope nothing else goes wrong, but it would be worthwhile to have an extended warranty. I am not sure if it can be done at this stage either

What would have been the cost of extended warranty had you taken at the time of purchase?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:33   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Whoa! That would mean around 60k from the pocket. How much is the extended warranty for? Is there any way that you could use the goodwill payment to activate the warranty? I hope nothing else goes wrong, but it would be worthwhile to have an extended warranty. I am not sure if it can be done at this stage either

What would have been the cost of extended warranty had you taken at the time of purchase?

Extended warranty for additional 3 years was some 1.1L and for two years it was 80k or so.

Usually, it can not be offered now as the deadline was end of 2nd year but I have a meeting to discuss the exact same point with them next week when the parts arrive. Hopefully, it works.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 17:40   #105
BHPian

Hello Skyliner,
Any update on the steering rack issue? How much did you end up paying in the end? Hope you have not faced any other issue after that. It's a bold move of not opting for a BSI and extended warranty on a German car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks