Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 18:49   #106
BHPian

re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post
Hello Skyliner,
Any update on the steering rack issue? How much did you end up paying in the end?
Ended up paying 10% of the total cost. Rest all was borne by BMW. Kudos to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post
Hope you have not faced any other issue after that. It's a bold move of not opting for a BSI and extended warranty on a German car.
No issues so far after the repair work. I would not go for BSI even if I buy another Bimmer but extended warranty is a must. It was basically my laziness that I didn't buy it.
Old 17th May 2017, 14:03   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Ended up paying 10% of the total cost. Rest all was borne by BMW. Kudos to them!
How many km has the car done now? What has been your overall FE? Any other issues with the mechanicals or the suspension so far? Are the rear occupants happy over long distances?
Old 17th May 2017, 14:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
How many km has the car done now?
Around 42k kms so far.

Quote:
What has been your overall FE?
I am not tracking FE very religiously however it is around 13-14 with 40% highway running. I try to fill at Shell outlets whenever feasible.

Quote:
Any other issues with the mechanicals or the suspension so far?
No other issues so far. Suspension seems to be okay as I don't hear anything off whenever the car goes over a bump.

Quote:
Are the rear occupants happy over long distances?
My car rarely gets rear passengers. However, on a recent 400+ kms trip with not so great roads, I didn't hear any complaints. May be they were too kind.

I guess the extra thigh support and "hugging" that rear seats provide, the stiffness of suspension gets compensated for.

By the way, car just went in for front brake pads replacement today and the SA called and said that it still has some thickness and can go another 600-700 kms. However, getting them replaced as a 1000+ kms trip coming up next weekend.

What surprises me is that the tyres are still doing good. Will wait another 3-4k kms before replacing.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 12:48   #109
BHPian

Car is back from the service station and it was decided not to replace brake pads as they are good for another 2k kms. This was revealed after checking the thickness in detail by removing wheels.

There was some rattling noise from the dashboard area which was resolved by opening up some consoles and AC vents. Total bill was around 4k.

Pre monsoon free check-up was also done.
Old 19th May 2017, 15:54   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Car is back from the service station and it was decided not to replace brake pads as they are good for another 2k kms. This was revealed after checking the thickness in detail by removing wheels.
It would have been better to have changed the pads. When it comes to such a low life left, I don't think the service centre can predict with accuracy how much they will last. Also in BSI they generally change pads if the indicator shows 2k kms or less. The risk you run is if the pads wear out on your drive, they will mess up the discs too.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 17:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
It would have been better to have changed the pads. When it comes to such a low life left, I don't think the service centre can predict with accuracy how much they will last. Also in BSI they generally change pads if the indicator shows 2k kms or less. The risk you run is if the pads wear out on your drive, they will mess up the discs too.
I agree. However, my upcoming road trip has been now converted to an air trip.

And the daily running has come down to 4-5 kms from 30 kms hence will wait for another month or so.

Also, there are some random thoughts of replacing the car which I am trying to stay away from but you never know.
Old 19th May 2017, 17:46   #112
BANNED

Quote:
There was some rattling noise from the dashboard area which was resolved by opening up some consoles and AC vents. Total bill was around 4k.
4k for an oil change service? That's pretty affordable.
Old 19th May 2017, 17:47   #113
BHPian

Quote:
4k for an oil change service? That's pretty affordable.
No, just for resolving the rattling noise issue.
Oil change was done in January.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 18:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Also, there are some random thoughts of replacing the car which I am trying to stay away from but you never know.
To another BMW or some other brand this time?
Old 19th May 2017, 18:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
To another BMW or some other brand this time?
I am trying to stay away and you are dragging me in to it.

Well, I am confused like hell. Apart from the car itself, BMW and Bavaria motors have been too nice with me.

I mean things like, waving off part replacement cost, amazing and timely service (except on one instance) and the deals they offer.

On the other hand, this time would like the family to have a more comfortable ride, like the one C offers. They have been too nice in not complaining the hard ride of F30.

However, as I said earlier, would like to not get in to the actual search until these thoughts overpower the financial sense.

Last edited by the_skyliner : 19th May 2017 at 18:36.
Old 6th July 2017, 15:36   #116
BHPian

Update: The car is sold!

After 45k kms and 3.5 years of almost trouble free ownership, it was time to replace it with a new one.

Few observations that I would like to pen down (some might be repeat of what was said earlier on the thread):

+ves:
  • Handling has been the highlight throughout the 45k of kms. It is an absolute delight on curves and smooth tarmac.
  • Built like a tank. Never felt unsafe in this car. It's body structure inspire confidence and all the safety features just make it feel super safe.
  • Sports seats at front are amazing. They hug you tight and that just makes the whole driving experience that more enjoyable.
  • Even rear seats are super comfortable in terms of under thigh support and space.
  • After sales service of Bavaria motors and BMW customer service is just too good. They know and understand the meaning of customer care.

-ves:
  • Gearbox is tiring in city traffic as it is almost always in launch mode.
  • Lack of some features like, Navi, bluetooth audio, reverse camera, etc. They are there in the latest model now.

All in all, I was very happy with the car. Barring one major part replacement, it has not troubled me.

Had got three regular servicing done at Bavaria motors and all of them done on time and with no issues what so ever.
The car was 100% in stock condition with no modifications done.

Haven't tracked FE religiously but must be somewhere around 13-14 overall with 60-40 split between city and highway running.

In retrospect, I think extended warranty is something I should have opted for.
Thankfully, BMW extended that support anyhow and that was a great thing to do from their side.

New one is already home and an initial ownership review will follow soon.

Mods: Can you please change the title of the thread to "Edit: Now sold!"
the_skyliner is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 12:15   #117
BANNED

Re: A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold

Quote:
New one is already home and an initial ownership review will follow soon.
So I presume it is also a Bimmer then?

Drove the 330i yesterday with 3 passengers in tow over varying road conditions and speeds and I was fully addicted to the car.

That apart, even the 320d is a locomotive like handler which is why I feel that your current car is also a Bavarian.

Its been two months, where is the review?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 10:50   #118
BHPian

Quote:
So I presume it is also a Bimmer then?

Drove the 330i yesterday with 3 passengers in tow over varying road conditions and speeds and I was fully addicted to the car.

That apart, even the 320d is a locomotive like handler which is why I feel that your current car is also a Bavarian.

Its been two months, where is the review?
It indeed is.

Review is around 90% done and hoping to finish it this week and get it approved soon.

330i is really awesome to drive however somehow I like diesel engines from the Germans over the petrol ones (not counting //M).
Old 7th October 2017, 14:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Shape of things to come

A dream come true! My BMW 320d Sportline -Now Sold-img_4306.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks