Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 22:25   #151
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjain View Post
Hi! First of must congratulate you on a very detailed and nicely written ownership report! I remember reading your review and looking at the pictures very diligently in January as that was when I had been researching on which car to get! And your review was a big help in my VXMT purchase.

I do want to ask something: with your smart-key, does your car lock automatically when you get out of the car? Mine used to do that first couple of days. After taking a few steps away from the car, it would just lock automatically.
But off late it has now stopped working for me for some reason which is quite weird. It unlocks as soon as I am close to the car but then I have to press the button to lock it. Have you faced such issue?
Thank You so much Sir. I am glad this review helped you in your car purchase.

As for the smart key, the car indeed gets locked automatically once you move away from it. Although I prefer using the button on the door handle to lock it, but still it gets automatically locked as soon as I take a few steps away from the car. No problems with that so far. I think you should report this matter to your workshop personnel and get it fixed at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
+1 to that. In fact this was one of the threads that both informed and impressed me. The style of presentation and the photographs - to be honest - are mind blowing. I purchased a Jopasu large kit like you, but haven't yet started using it.
I have done double bookings for the iDtec VMT white city and am waiting impatiently for it. Expect you are enjoying your ride.
Thanks a lot for all the appreciation.

There is indeed a wait for the 2014 City now, but I am sure the wait will pay off. Its a wonderful vehicle and you cannot go wrong with it. I am totally enjoying driving it. It might not have the best dynamics that an enthusiast would love, but then for most purposes its an ideal buy in this price range.
Old 3rd May 2014, 17:09   #152
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Like many other owners, I received a small little gift from Honda too. It is indeed a warm gesture on their part and is one of those small yet significant things that makes buying a Honda such a pleasurable experience. Way to go Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01905.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01906.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01910.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01908.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01907.jpg  

//M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 07:19   #153
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

My City i-DTEC is going places. Drove it down to Mumbai the other day via Raipur, Nagpur and Nashik. 1800 kms clocked in 3 days over varied road conditions. A travelogue will be surely put up but before that, I wish to take the longer way back home.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc02395.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc02349.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc02466.jpg  

//M is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:10   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
My City i-DTEC is going places. Drove it down to Mumbai the other day via Raipur, Nagpur and Nashik. 1800 kms clocked in 3 days over varied road conditions. A travelogue will be surely put up but before that, I wish to take the longer way back home.
Nice pictures and waiting for the travelogue.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:44   #155
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Nice pictures and waiting for the travelogue.
Few more pictures from the trip
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn0062.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn0102.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn0188.jpg  

//M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 23:39   #156
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I am back home after a 6467 km roadtrip over 17 days covering 8 Indian states. We didn't face any problems with the City at all, not even a puncture. Its supremely comfortable and even though we did 700-800 kms on a daily basis with close to 300-350 kms at a stretch, not even once did any of the occupants complained of discomfort. It also returned an overall fuel efficiency figure of over 20 kpl in the entire trip.

After clocking up so many kms and spending quite a lot of time with the City, I have only three words that describes the City i-DTEC the best: very reliable, supremely comfortable and extremely frugal.
//M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 00:51   #157
BHPian

Quote:
. It also returned an overall fuel efficiency figure of over 20 kpl in the entire trip.

After clocking up so many kms and spending quite a lot of time with the City, I have only three words that describes the City i-DTEC the best: very reliable, supremely comfortable and extremely frugal.
Glad that the city came out victorious in a rigorous test that not many people have put it to. Also the words you used to describe the city are supremely reassuring for a prospective owner like me. Thanks a bunch.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 20:56   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Few more pictures from the trip
The pictures have come out great! Congratulations on the completion of your road trip.
Could you please tell us where all three of these pictures were taken?
Old 15th June 2014, 21:01   #159
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The pictures have come out great! Congratulations on the completion of your road trip.
Could you please tell us where all three of these pictures were taken?
Thank You DeKay.

The first picture is taken at what looks like a haunted bungalow near Janjira palace in Janjira.

The second picture is of a ferry crossing from Janjira to Diveagar.

The third picture is of the lovely coastline near Shrivardhan.

All these places are in coastal Maharashtra.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 10:23   #160
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the travelogue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-roadtrip.html
Old 30th November 2014, 11:51   #161
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

15000 kms update

The City i-DTEC has done 15000 kms in the 10 months of ownership so far without any niggles.

During my 6500 kms roadtrip across India (Thread link: Honda City i-DTEC 17 days, 8 states, 6467 kms, 1 legendary roadtrip) I drove the car over good stretches in three-digit speeds, bad stretch of roads, heavy rains due to monsoons and in the urban jungle, I was wary of all the issues that has been reported here in team-bhp from various owners. But fingers crossed, I have not faced any serious niggle so far:

1. No swaying in any direction due to crosswinds
2. No rain water creeping into the cabin
3. No back pain, all occupants were very comfortable during the 17 days roadtrip
4. No dashboard rattle or plastic parts falling off
5. No clutch noise or misaligned panels

The only niggle that I would like to mention is:

1. The plastic part below the steering wheel appears to be loosely fitted from Day 1, but no cases of it being falling off or causing vibrations/squeaks so far

Much has been talked about the positives and negatives about the car in this thread, but one major irritant that we still have to get used to is the diesel clatter.

The car still runs on stock tyres and yes an upgrade to 195 section rubber is on the cards.

Overall, I am very happy with the car and the aftersales so far.

Recently we did a casual 500 kms roundtrip to Patratu, Jamshedpur and the surroundings. Some pics of the car:
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2507.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2509.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2513.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2514.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2516.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2525.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2527.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2528.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2502.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2503.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2530.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2532.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2533.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2547.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dscn2545.jpg  

//M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 11:57   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Whenever I reset the tripmeter, the average fuel efficiency figures goes up to weird 32-33 kpl before settling at an usual 19-20 kpl after a few kilometres. Does this happen to most of the cars or all generations of the City? Or is it a problem with the Multi-info display meter?
First of all, let me congratulate you on being the proud owner of the shining beauty. Just finished reading the entire thread and it seems you & your car is definitely going places. The wait for my CVT VX seems to be coming to an end as I'm informed that my vehicle may reach the yard today or tomorrow.

As for the trip-meter, I've noticed the same in my Ecosport. At times, when I reset the trip-meter, it would initially show 35+ in a free city road or around 55+ in a free suburban road. Then, it would gradually settle to the realistic figures. But, has anyone noticed that - if you are driving freely to a signal, say that the mileage shown is 18kmpl. You stop at the signal for some time and move forward, the average would hower around 17.3-18.6 and won't budge even in driven in 1st gear in bumper-bumper traffic. Then, when the trip-meter is set again, it would show the realistic figure - may be 10kmpl.

Experts kindly throw some light into this
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 17:06   #163
BHPian

A detailed ownership review indeed. Read the whole thread, Extremely good write up. The City looks brilliant in Black, don't like the other colors as much as the black one. Keep the pics coming, brilliant pics you've clicked there.
BTW did I tell you, Yours is the first and only Honda City I ever rode.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 17:23   #164
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
A detailed ownership review indeed. Read the whole thread, Extremely good write up. The City looks brilliant in Black, don't like the other colors as much as the black one. Keep the pics coming, brilliant pics you've clicked there.
BTW did I tell you, Yours is the first and only Honda City I ever rode.
Thank You Swapnil for all the appreciation.

I was also not too keen on any other color. If you follow the initial posts and also my posts in the Official Review thread, you will find out that I initially booked a Golden Brown Metallic City but when I saw a black City in flesh, I was sure we will pick up this color. Thankfully we could get the car without waiting for long months !
Old 12th March 2015, 00:17   #165
BHPian

Has the black City been discontinued? My cousin recently bought a City and the sales advisor said it wasn't available for booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks