Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 23:34   #61
BANNED

Re: 2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Yes those are original Honda accessories. However they cost a bomb at INR 4,999 for the whole set (two front door illuminated plates and two rear door non-illuminated plates).
Anything from Honda or for its cars are bound to be costing a bomb, no doubt.

Can't the rear door ones be illuminated? Try after market, they would be better.

Anurag.
Old 29th January 2014, 06:59   #62
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics of the City.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00554.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00569.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00583.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00617.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00620.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00635.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00642.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00643.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00645.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00666.jpg  

2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc00668.jpg  

//M is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 10:22   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats once again.

Not sure if you have removed the ribbon but please do so ASAP. On a new car especially black car the ribbon is responsible for the deepest scratches.

Over 1-2 days dust will accumulate below the ribbon and when driving the ribbon will rub against the paint. After one small drive you will find that the ribbon has sand papered the bonnet paint and there is V scratch on the entire bonnet.

I always make it a point to remove the ribbon as soon as I reach home from the dealer to prevent the bumper from scratching.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 13:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you , I personally liked Pic 1 & 6 the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I always make it a point to remove the ribbon as soon as I reach home from the dealer to prevent the bumper from scratching.
Thanks for the tip Vid6639 , I never thought of the scratches from the ribbon but for sure makes sense and I will follow the advice .
Old 30th January 2014, 06:55   #65
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats once again.

Not sure if you have removed the ribbon but please do so ASAP. On a new car especially black car the ribbon is responsible for the deepest scratches.

Over 1-2 days dust will accumulate below the ribbon and when driving the ribbon will rub against the paint. After one small drive you will find that the ribbon has sand papered the bonnet paint and there is V scratch on the entire bonnet.

Thank You for your advice Sir. I removed the ribbon within 3 days of purchase. The pics I have uploaded were taken sometime around 2 weeks back. However, I never knew that the ribbon can be such a nuisance. I have seen people retaining the ribbon for months. So as soon as I saw your post, I rushed to check the car. A closer look at the bonnet-line and I was relieved. No scratches at all. I will follow your advice for every single purchase henceforth. Thanks again.
Old 30th January 2014, 14:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Yes those are original Honda accessories. However they cost a bomb at INR 4,999 for the whole set (two front door illuminated plates and two rear door non-illuminated plates).
//M,
First of all congratulations on getting the ANHC. Thanks for the detailed review and some excellent snaps. The car looks gorgeous in the black color and the top end certainly looks beautiful.

The illuminated scuff plates really look nice. I was planning to install them once I get my ANHC. If you install it after market, does it void the warranty as you'll have to change some wiring for the front ones to get illuminated?
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 07:11   #67
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

The illuminated scuff plates really look nice. I was planning to install them once I get my ANHC. If you install it after market, does it void the warranty as you'll have to change some wiring for the front ones to get illuminated?
My SP wasn't sure if it will void the guarantee when I asked him so I decided to get it done from Honda itself. It might not void the warranty as the electrical works would be minimal. I might be wrong though.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

How is the fit and finish compared to the NHC?
I have a 2008 NHC GXi. The panel gaps and boot release lever of test car seemed of poorer quality.
Also how is the NVH?
Old 31st January 2014, 11:01   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Congrats once again.

That indeed is a nice suggestion and most important many keep the ribbon for 1 month (till permanent registration number is received).

I remember seeing a new white Swift that was delivered with my Swift, but when I went for my 1st service that very same Swift was in the garage, reason, 'V' mark on the bonnet and a single blue line running on the whole top till the rear fog lamp. I was

The SA told me he retained the blue ribbon for 15 days and used to drive around wash the car everyday but he didn't realize the blue patch that the ribbon was leaving on the car. The car was in the ASC for repainting

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 15:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Can't say about City but many people have bought Led scuff plates from snapdeal and other sites and got it installed from outside in their Amaze. No warranty issues as no wires were cut. I have seen a DIY for the same and the wire goes from Dome light so its easily done.
So i assume same can be done with City as well. Honda prices for them is plain ridiculous.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 08:42   #71
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Honda buddy. Wish you many years of trouble free experience with the City.
I had the original Honda Side step illumination strips installed on my City-VMT. But they rusted and fused within a year of installation. Got them replaced under warranty but they don't work now.
I would say the non-illuminated ones would outlast the illuminated ones. I had bought all 4 illuminated for 9K in 2010.
Old 7th February 2014, 06:40   #72
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

On a recent drive to Jamshedpur (approx 300 km round trip), I received an average fuel economy figures of 22-23 kpl with a maximum of 23.2 kpl at speeds around 60-80 kph.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Crystal Black Pearl Honda City VX-D - A new member in the family-dsc01022.jpg  

//M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:33   #73
BHPian

Congrats @//M for the new ride and a wonderful Initial review.

Quote:
Congrats once again.

Thanks for this input, my friend got an Amaze last week and was planning to keep the Ribbons as long as it lasted. Just showed him this thread and the post by a4anurag. He just ran out and removed the ribbons. Luckily no scratches yet, but off-course a band of dust had already accumulated under the ribbons.
harikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:44   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks audioholic.

Yes protection films on the piano finish is something that I was considering too. The dash might get scratches otherwise.
Hi //M,

Did you get anything done to protect the piano black console? I'm not sure if it is that prone to scratches in first place. I've visited 2 Honda dealers where the TD/display vehicle has been there for almost a month now but I haven't seen any scratches yet. As these vehicles are prone to a lot more of abuse due to folks trying to feel the panel, I was expecting the scratches to show up.
Old 7th February 2014, 17:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a recent drive to Jamshedpur (approx 300 km round trip), I received an average fuel economy figures of 22-23 kpl with a maximum of 23.2 kpl at speeds around 60-80 kph.
Nice average.
What's the average in city driving?

Most Viewed