Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 12:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Candy white 2014 Skoda Rapid Elegance comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Thank you narsi_6989. It is my personal tablet dedicated to my car to serve GPS and multimedia function. With a Belkin AUX cable taking care of audio, it provides a rich surround sound cinema experience inside my ride.
Ah. The Skoda wallpaper on the tab got me thinking and hence that question . The wallpaper adds a lot of character IMHO.

Quote:
Nope. 'Buy now, Pay in 2015' was not applicable on MY14 model at the time of my purchase, not sure about the present terms though.
Free insurance and extended warranty were directly offered by the dealer. I had to negotiate only on freebies, rest all were part of the offer.
Thanks Pferdestarke for the info. My Fabia is 4.5 years old and I am starting to look for replacement. So this piece of info is very much valued
Old 28th January 2014, 13:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Congrats on the new car.Enjoy your ride, always be a responsible driver!
Thanks Joe M for your valuable suggestion. I will sure consider ever word of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Yes, I am. Do you drive to Hyderabad or elsewhere often?:
I am really delighted to know that you're a pilot. I do visit Hyderabad but not very often. I am hoping to attend the next Team-BHP hyderabad meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Ah. The Skoda wallpaper on the tab got me thinking and hence that question. The wallpaper adds a lot of character IMHO.
Yes, indeed. Sourced the official logo from Wikipedia and custom stitched the wallpaper according to Nexus 7's resolution to get a perfect appearance.
Old 28th January 2014, 16:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:

I am really delighted to know that you're a pilot. I do visit Hyderabad but not very often. I am hoping to attend the next Team-BHP hyderabad meet.
Dreamt of it, stood by airport walls to watch takeoffs and landings & lucky it came true.

Not to go off topic, if you are getting your ride to Hyderabad for the meet then it'll be nice to catch up. It'll be my first time at the BHP meet too!

pEaCe
AirbusA340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 10:34   #19
BHPian

Hi,

Congrats on the the purchase and thanks for an informative review. I appreciate that Skoda has finally given the steering mounted controls - I don't really care for the audio mounted controls but I think Bluetooth enabled cars are just safer and easier to drive. Excellent job with the Nexus 7 too. Are the Skoda A.S.S. horror stories limited to Bombay or is this a national trend?

I prefer the look of the Rapid to the Vento, which looks a bit staid in comparison. But the stories I've heard from Skoda owners in Bombay (not just on this thread) tend to put me off.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 11:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very pleased to know that Skoda has got factory fitted projectors in there. I think it is a segment first. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow this and then projectors will become standard at least in the C segment.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 13:20   #21
BHPian

Hello

Many congratulations on your new Rapid. It is an excellent and quite under-stated styled Sedan. Solid build quality as well. Your review is also excellent, focusing on all points that would interest a future buyer.

Projector headlamps look awesome. Though Wagon-R stingray also provides projector headlamps which is one or two segment below Rapid, the lamps look much nicer in your Rapid.

Wishing you many more miles with your car and hopefully a pleasant after-sales experience for the periodic services.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 13:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hello and congratulations on the new car.

Nice write up, I had seen you on the ecosport official thread a couple of times.

I particularly like the fact that you got the stock projectors.

I am a big fan of projectors in headlamps.

Quite interesting handle you have
Happy motoring

Last edited by ecosport rules : 29th January 2014 at 14:07.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Are the Skoda A.S.S. horror stories limited to Bombay or is this a national trend?
Thanks invidious. After sales service IMHO relies on the dealer rather than the manufacturer though I accept the fact that it is manufacturer's responsibility to provide a decent level of services. I worked quite a bit on this before my purchase. I met at least a dozen of folks at my dealer and took their opinions. Everyone seemed to be happy with my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I prefer the look of the Rapid to the Vento, which looks a bit staid in comparison. But the stories I've heard from Skoda owners in Bombay (not just on this thread) tend to put me off.
Things have improved in recent times. Anyways if you are going for a Skoda car, be heedful and enquire about your dealer beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Very pleased to know that Skoda has got factory fitted projectors in there. I think it is a segment first. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow this and then projectors will become standard at least in the C segment.
Yes, this is the segment first to have factory fitted projectors and we can expect it to appear in other C segment cars as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Many congratulations on your new Rapid.Wishing you many more miles with your car and hopefully a pleasant after-sales experience for the periodic services.
Thanks baskar. I am yet to experience the after sales service but I am expecting a decent level of it from my dealer. Down the time, I shall update about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I had seen you on the ecosport official thread a couple of times.I particularly like the fact that you got the stock projectors.I am a big fan of projectors in headlamps.
Many thanks to you Dr. Kumar. Yes, I am still tuned to ecosport thread and your ownership thread. Kudos to you for the levels of enthusiasm you've got in modifications. The way you have embellished your ride is unparalleled. Soon I will start adorning mine too, shall contact you for your expert advise.
Pferdestarke is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 17:00   #24
BHPian

That projector headlamps - makes me jealous.

Anyone driving a Vento with stock bulbs will acknowledge how pathetic the lighting is

Have safe drives!
Srikanthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 19:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
Anyone driving a Vento with stock bulbs will acknowledge how pathetic the lighting is
Even the previous version of Rapid had suffered the same issue for ages and finally has been addressed with projector lamps. They are awesome
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 20:07   #26

Congratulations Pferdestarke. This is one beautiful car. Of late I have been reading about quite a few horror stories about Skoda in Tbhp and generally over the net. However, watching the pictures you have posted and for that matter observing the new Octavia, Superb I can't help but feel that instant pull to go out there and buy one of these Czech beauty myself. I wish you all the luck and many happy miles. All the best!
doble u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 14:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doble u View Post
Congratulations Pferdestarke. This is one beautiful car. Of late I have been reading about quite a few horror stories about Skoda in Tbhp and generally over the net.
Thank you doble u. As I said earlier things have become better these days with Skoda, atleast in my city. Horror stories can happen with any brand, for instance I came across a couple of such things with Ford dealer in my city. Ultimately it comes down to the dealer.
Old 31st January 2014, 15:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doble u View Post
Congratulations Pferdestarke. This is one beautiful car. Of late I have been reading about quite a few horror stories about Skoda in Tbhp and generally over the net. However, watching the pictures you have posted and for that matter observing the new Octavia, Superb I can't help but feel that instant pull to go out there and buy one of these Czech beauty myself. I wish you all the luck and many happy miles. All the best!
Quote:
Thank you doble u. As I said earlier things have become better these days with Skoda, atleast in my city. Horror stories can happen with any brand, for instance I came across a couple of such things with Ford dealer in my city. Ultimately it comes down to the dealer.
Hi doble u, whatever Pferdestarke is true. The A$$ has become better nowadays. It also depends on the dealer and SA. My ride has been Skoda Fabia since Aug 2009 and I am having super good time with the car. Covered 75K kms and completed 5 services and I would say that I am not disappointed with the service. Of course, I had some heated arguments and tense moments, but got what I wanted from them . I do not mind spending a day or two (in a year) fighting with the service guys for my beloved ride. What is the point in owning a car if you are not ready to spend time for it?
narsi_6989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 08:33   #29

Congratulations on the new car. I'm buying a new Skoda rapid. The dealer is trying to convince me on skoda car care treatment which is an accessory. This costs about 7.5k. They give one year warranty with it. They say it avoids scratches, avoids accumulation of dust. They treat the body, interiors and execs alloys as part of the package. Can some body advice if this is worth buying or should I go to 3m as they also offer something similar.
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.vijeth View Post
Congratulations on the new car. I'm buying a new Skoda rapid. The dealer is trying to convince me on skoda car care treatment which is an accessory. This costs about 7.5k. They give one year warranty with it. They say it avoids scratches, avoids accumulation of dust. They treat the body, interiors and execs alloys as part of the package. Can some body advice if this is worth buying or should I go to 3m as they also offer something similar.
Definitely avoid Skoda Car Care treatment. You can go in for 3M. I would advise something other than 3M. Since you are based in Bangalore, the following detailer would provide far better quality than 3M.

1. Keystone Enterprise
2. Ultimate Detailerz

Most Viewed