Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 17:58   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Finally, I am at peace now folks! The damage has been properly worked upon and the same has been repainted to my satisfaction.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1892.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1893.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1894.jpg

Thank god maa did not get to know about it, else I don't know how many times I would have been fired with chappals!

Thanks.
Old 27th August 2014, 15:25   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
AD!

What have you put on the rear bumper now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
...try and get rid of too many stickers, that fake vent on the rear bumper does not bowl well towards a good clean mod for the car.
- Try and get rid of too many stickers, especially the fake vent and "P" on the fuel filler cap
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Hey Akash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hello Ad !
1. Remove the wrap from the fenders and the two tone on the roof and bonnet, if you want to have a wrap have it on the roof instead in a plain gloss black shade.

3. The canards might have been expensive coming from Autopsyche and so you can remove those after the novelty wears off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
the canards have got to go mate (could maybe change the design of the canards since these ones don't suit the car) and I believe it's time to try something new and ditch all those vinyls entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
As others have commented, remove the DRLs and cannards. Perhaps try out a little bit of less vinyl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
What are those 2 protruding fins on your front bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
it doesn't matter if Autopsyche or Pininfarina put those canards on your car, since it just doesn't suit the i-VTEC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
The front canards are for corner dynamics and not for protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
My opinion is that the canards look good when you have a wide body kit and the whole car is sort of bulged with the kit.
So my folks! I finally got rid of the Canards today. Reasons stated above by all of you convinced me that the car is way too much ricer and needs to breathe easy. Tomorrow a proper full car detailing session shall be done. On Friday or Saturday I will also get a pair of DRLs removed. After that the only thing left is the Tyre upgrade and license plate.

Here are the pics:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1903.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1904.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1905.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1907.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1908.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1909.jpg

Foremost, Let me thank you all for giving me the right sense of doing up a car in a sober manner. To be brutally honest, because of all of you today this car has been able to come back to a normal looking car. Please be assured that all your suggestions hold dear to me and they all mean a lot to a person like me who did not understand the concept of "beauty is in simplicity.".

The only thing I can say here is that I did not spoil my car with any bad intention. It was a hit and trial method. I really thank you all and look forward for more suggestions in future too.

Finally, Please don't shy away from criticizing my efforts if they are not up to the mark. This healthy criticism shall make me a better owner/ driver.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:35   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Car looks a lot cleaner ad! Why not think of some eagle eyes for the front and rear? Certainly gives the car a slicker look! Check out eagle eye website (ideally malaysia). I got a set for my CRV from them. Maybe a mugen style front grill too?!
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 18:38   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Car looks a lot cleaner ad! Why not think of some eagle eyes for the front and rear? Certainly gives the car a slicker look! Maybe a mugen style front grill too?!
Are you suggesting something like this:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-honda_city_headlamp_honda_ivtec_headlight_honda_city_1394451384.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-1387204634city-led-taillight.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-65.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-sdl816258876_1388989110_image1b9b31.jpg

Link: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=LE...re%3B480%3B360

Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 22:35   #170
BHPian

The mugen kit on this honda city in Pakistan looks good : http://keirning.blogspot.in/2011/10/...n-sialkot.html

Particularly the rear !

Last edited by breezydrive : 28th August 2014 at 22:36.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 22:42   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
The mugen kit on this honda city in Pakistan looks good. Particularly the rear !
Bhai, there is just 1 issue after having the body kit for 3rd Gen Honda City I vtec, i.e it already has the issue of low ground clearance so if I place a kit the ground clearance will reduce further which shall lead to scrapping on speed breakers. Moreover, we have roads with pot-holes and in such terrible traffic conditions how can I save the body kit when the car is itself on the mercy of fellow motorists on road!

Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 01:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Bhai, there is just 1 issue after having the body kit for 3rd Gen Honda City I vtec, i.e it already has the issue of low ground clearance so if I place a kit the ground clearance will reduce further which shall lead to scrapping on speed breakers. Moreover, we have roads with pot-holes and in such terrible traffic conditions how can I save the body kit when the car is itself on the mercy of fellow motorists on road!

Thanks
I agree with you. The body kit would make the car a lot more difficult to deal with on pot holed road. However the mugen grill in those pics look really good. You could consider going for that.

Here are some light samples from Eagle Eyes:
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-1782174_629672393780848_5812014718984098693_n.jpg  

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-1622707_575289205885834_1860076716_n.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 03:16   #173
Senior - BHPian

keep the car simple, naked. no more drama reqd now. else, it needs a pink wrap.
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Due to the rainy weather, the car is bound to get dirty with mud and dirt from our feet when we sit. Hence, to cure this un-avoidable menace, got my car's interiors vacuumed and the wheels cleaned too.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1931.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1933.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1934.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1936.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1935.jpg

Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 22:44   #175
BHPian

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate sp...

I don't know why but the wrap on the bonnet seems to be losing its shine. Or was it Matt? Remove it and keep it just on the roof.

I agree with sid's suggestion of keeping her looking clean.

Boot also you can get repainted.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks