Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:54   #31
BHPian

Re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N EDIT- NITTO SS Exhaust instal

Thanks AD for the Fucon detailing shop link. I have been looking for one for sometime.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N EDIT- NITTO SS Exhaust instal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Thanks AD for the Fucon detailing shop link. I have been looking for one for sometime.
Mate, for any type of assistance if you may need regarding this outlet; I shall be more than happy to help you. The person who does the detailing job is Satish and you can easily negotiate the amount.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi all, It is yet another happy moment with regards to my City Ivtec. Today I got it's exhaust job done
Good stuff ad3952n.
Step by step mods are the best since you have the chance to feel the difference of the mod in each step.

A better option than the end can replacement would have been going for a full header-FFE set up which will actually increase the power output rather than thinking it has increased because of the sound the end can makes.

The K&N is a good upgrade. You never have to replace the filter. Do check and clean it every 10k rather than 30k as it will get dirty for sure.
The actual positive of this filter is that it is more smoother in the intake , but the stock air intake set up(the multiple chambers and resonator box) negates the full potential of the filter., which is why a CAI is the next upgrade you will think of.
However, I am sure the end can and the filter changes will help in much smoother top end.

I am sure you will feel like revving the engine more now, so drive safe.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Good stuff ad3952n.
Step by step mods are the best since you have the chance to feel the difference of the mod in each step.

A better option than the end can replacement would have been going for a full header-FFE set up which will actually increase the power output rather than thinking it has increased because of the sound the end can makes.

The K&N is a good upgrade. You never have to replace the filter. Do check and clean it every 10k rather than 30k as it will get dirty for sure.
The actual positive of this filter is that it is more smoother in the intake , but the stock air intake set up(the multiple chambers and resonator box) negates the full potential of the filter., which is why a CAI is the next upgrade you will think of.
However, I am sure the end can and the filter changes will help in much smoother top end.

I am sure you will feel like revving the engine more now, so drive safe.

Dear Tharian, Thanks a lot mate. I am doing the step by step modification because I have to be fully convinced about the modification that I plan and should have necessary resources to complete that.

The car has given a good response after these mods as the pick up has become smooth and the exhaust sounds pretty clean and deep. I really did not feel like going for the modification of the whole unit. I just wanted a deep and clean sounding exhaust.

I surely shall keep your suggestion on K&N filter in my mind. Thanks my friend.

Thanks

AD
Old 27th April 2014, 13:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust and modded headlamps

Hi all, Today I got the engine oil replaced. After running 8766 kms from the earlier oil change, I thought it is fine to replace it and not wait for 1300 kms more to be covered.

I used the Castrol Magnatec 10w 40 Semi Synthetic oil and Purolator oil filter. Total I paid INR 1665 for both the items. The MRP of the 3.5L can of oil has increased by INR 50 and now it costs INR 1575 as compared to INR 1525 on MRP earlier.

A few pictures of the "NEW" packing and price of the Castrol Magnatec 3.5L oil can and oil filter. Point of confusion also has been addressed in this packing and now it shows "Partially Synthetic" on the front as compared to "Synthetic Technology" mentioned on earlier packing.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0805.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0857.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0803.jpg

Now these are a few pics of the oil change in progress. Total charge for this was INR 300.

Kilometer reading

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0860.jpg

Old Oil and Filter

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0858.jpg

New oil being filled

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0859.jpg

I did not listen at all to the in-charge of the shop with regards to the authenticity of the oil and oil filter. He said "Sir you never make us earn because you always arrange the spares from your end"

I said "My hard earned money is at stake, you have nothing to loose but for me my life is at loss if anything happens to it."

He said "I think I will close the shop." So, finally I said "Come what may but I will not buy your spares. It's not the question of my trust on you rather it's the question of my comfort."

Thanks

AD
Old 1st May 2014, 18:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, It is another happy moment for my City Ivtec. Today I got the pipe LED fixed in the headlamps. The ones which turn White and Orange. I went to Karol Bagh today and got it fixed. Total time taken was 4 hours and total expense was INR 6000/-. Here are some pics of the work in progress.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0876.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0877.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0880.jpg

The Shop from which I got this done is JBL Auto King. The word JBL was enough for me to take the decision. The owner of the shop knew our beloved Yeti, Sam Bhai. And we spoke about him and Sam bhai's better half Jenny ma'am. Since from heart I respect Sam Bhai so here is a small mark of respect for him on my car.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0879.jpg

Pic of the shop

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0878.jpg

Here is the end product. I stood in the afternoon to get it fixed properly.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0881.jpg

The best part of the day was that I got to meet my dear friend Sidharth Shankar (sidindica). He was with me when the job was in progress and he also made a video of the fixture in the headlamp. We cracked jokes and spoke about various aspects to make my car look better as I am not a professional modifier while drinking lemon soda.

Later on, I spoke to Samarth (samarth.bhatia) about this upgrade. He also is a dear friend of mine and asked him to suggest something on wheel upgrades.

Thank you all for supporting me. I am not a technically sound person and neither have in-depth knowledge like the veterans here have. What ever small upgrades I have done so far, have been possible because of the suggestions by the entire team here.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st May 2014 at 18:08.
Old 1st May 2014, 19:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When he came we discussed about the job to be done. He offered me a NITTO Stainless steel exhaust which has been placed by removing the OEM. And when the job was finished the car was started and I stood numb while listening to the sweet exhaust note. Not too loud but surely a deep sound. It is something which I can't explain in words.
Could you post a audio clip of the way the car sounds w/ the new exhaust? Just take it to an quiet road, use the sound recorder of your phone (keep it on dash) and drive around (with & without windows down)

Also, post better quality pics of the LED pipes if you can.
Old 1st May 2014, 19:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could you post a audio clip of the way the car sounds w/ the new exhaust? Just take it to an quiet road, use the sound recorder of your phone (keep it on dash) and drive around (with & without windows down)

Also, post better quality pics of the LED pipes if you can.
I will surely do it mate by Sunday. Here are better quality pics of the Pipe LED in indication and headlamp modes.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0881.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0882.jpg

Thanks

AD
Old 1st May 2014, 23:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
]

I feel now my car has got more to it than just the vinyl wraps.

Thanks

AD
A LOT more. A bit too much more. Seriously, now that you have the canards, which I believe are a little poorly fitted, please consider removing the rest of the plastic/rubber moldings/vents on your car's bumpers? Also try sticking to just one pair of DRLs up front, alloys and some better tyres would also go a long way and the extra antenna needs to go too. Let's try to keep this from looking like a ricer eh

Apart from that, must say that you have typed in some very honest opinions and I can clearly also see that you are very passionate about this project. Hope to see everything develop nicely

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 1st May 2014 at 23:12.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 23:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
A LOT more. A bit too much more. Seriously, now that you have the canards, which I believe are a little poorly fitted, please consider removing the rest of the plastic/rubber moldings/vents on your car's bumpers
Finally, my biggest critic has given an opinion on my own car. I knew it and was waiting for it. Ishaan, I will take care of the above mentioned points. You will surely see some improvements in the near future. Thanks for giving me an honest point of view. Appreciate it. The bumper canards are done by Autopsyche.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st May 2014 at 23:20.
Old 2nd May 2014, 03:10   #41
BHPian

Ah I've already had the pleasure of meeting this good'ol City through our meets! But now dying to see it after the exhaust work has been done!
What was the exact cost of the endcan? I assume 11k is the cost of endcan+canards+fittings..
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust & LEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Ah I've already had the pleasure of meeting this good'ol City through our meets! But now dying to see it after the exhaust work has been done!
What was the exact cost of the endcan? I assume 11k is the cost of endcan+canards+fittings..
Hi Samar, Even I am looking forward for the next meet. Exhaust work was a few hours job. The End can with fitting costed me INR 8000. Canards were INR 2500 and then was tax on credit card payment.

I have plans for doing some more things in the coming week with regards to alloys. Lets see if that too works out. PM me your number so I will be in touch.

Thanks

AD
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:59   #43
BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate speakers

Congratulations on the new setup Akash. Hope you have a good time in the city with the city !
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 23:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Congratulations on the new setup Akash. Hope you have a good time in the city with the city !
So Utsav ji is finally on my thread. Thanks a lot. I am enjoying the car's upgrade and it has responded well so far. Soon new alloys will be placed.

Thanks

AD
Old 3rd May 2014, 17:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could you post a audio clip of the way the car sounds w/ the new exhaust?
Hi mate, Here is the link to the video of exhaust of my car. Link:

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed