Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 17:42   #61
BHPian

Re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N EDIT- NITTO SS Exhaust instal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi mate, Here is the link to the video of exhaust of my car. Link: http://Youtu.be/gq5TbGAosG0

Thanks

AD
Akash, she sounds lovely with the new exhaust.

Now please please please get rid of the extra mouldings/antenna on the car and get a nice set of alloys. Would look much better!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 18:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Akash, she sounds lovely with the new exhaust.

Now please please please get rid of the extra mouldings/antenna on the car and get a nice set of alloys. Would look much better!
Rohan bhai, I am in talks with our fellow members about it. Also I am begging Paa to help me in this regards. Paa comments often on my expenses on this car but he told me to get it done by early next month with my pocket money and he will pay the margin amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Nice to see the extra fitments being taken off your car Good audio is always a nice thing to have. Remember though, that it won't improve much unless you get it powered. Amping up your setup, will go a long way
Ishaan, I agree with you and I have spoken to some of my friends about it and they will guide me on it. Tell me one thing, In Roadkill or Dynamat which is better for car's damping ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Hi AD,
Just readd your thread completely. Nice thread.
Congrats on getting the audio upgraded and good that you finally did away with all hideous stickers and other accessories.
I'll suggest to do something more
-Remove the thin vinyl strip which runs throughout the length of the car. It looks like an odd panel gap, IMO.
-Remove the badges and stickers from the car and source Mugen logos and JDM stickers.
-Get an alloy wheel soon
With all these, your car will look awsome.
Shree, You will soon get an update on this. Alloys are next on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey AD, congrats on your City and you seem to have almost hit in the sweet spot in making an otherwise dull colour look Sporty !

I quite well agree with Shashan below, if you would want your car to appear on that thread or atleast look better (IMO) Ad invest in Some Alloys at the earliest. No matter how you see it or do it, Wheel cap will never replace an Alloy, technically or visually.
Totally agreed for alloys. Thanks for appreciating the color. The way it looks today is just because of some good detailing and having a keen eye on removing scratches when ever they appear on the car.

Thank You all,

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 19:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N EDIT- NITTO SS Exhaust instal

Quote:
-Get an alloy wheel soon, your car will look awsome.
Quote:
Ad invest in Some Alloys at the earliest. No matter how you see it or do it, Wheel cap will never replace an Alloy, technically or visually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Now please please please get a nice set of alloys. Would look much better!
To all my friends and well wishers here, I am glad to announce that my City Ivtec has finally got new alloy rims today. The occasion being that I graduated to Senior Bhpian with the help of my whole team here.

The story begins!!

I was feeling free and chilled out with a can of diet coke by my side at 1pm today. I thought since I am free and have nothing much to do and as I am still to digest the fact that I reached such a respectable position; So let's get something done in the car which shall be a mark of respect to my entire extended family here.

At 2 PM I called BK Tyre Shop in Lajpat Nagar (Delhi) and spoke to the owner whom I met yesterday. I went there yesterday by reference of my close friend Utsav Batra who is better known Devilwearsprada over here.

Date: 14-5-2014

After speaking to the owner of the shop and finalizing the deal yesterday I immediately called Utsav to take his views. Mind you, He is one intelligent guy in this respect and he has been very helpful in completion of this job.

I called up Utsav and here goes the conversation,

AD: Calling UB

UB: Hello!

AD: Haan Utsav, Yaar, I am finally going to get the alloys fixed by Friday.

UB: Which ones ? and at What Price ?

AD: (As a eternal fool in this regards) Yaar, It's Veloche brand and matte golden 15 inches. Price after exchange of old rims will be INR 18000.

UB: Bhaiya, It's a bit high, Try getting HRS alloys in smoke Black color as they will be really good.

AD: (As a dumb fellow) Yaar, Honda City's golden color and that of the alloys looks similar.

UB: Don't go in for similar colors. Your car is of chocolate shade so try something in Grey or Silver. I will suggest you one more good shop in Delhi.

AD: Message me their number.

UB: Ok

The conversation ended yesterday afternoon.

Now, Comes the story's 2nd day i.e Today.

Since, I really had to convince myself to move out in the heat of this summer, I finally managed to do so by having a diet coke. Around 1:30pm I called BK tyre shop and told the owner that I will be reaching in 30 minutes to get the alloys fixed as we discussed yesterday.

So, I finally reach there and the job of replacing the OEM rims begins!!

Here are a few pics of the outlet.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1029.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1028.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1034.jpg

The first thing that came to my mind was to check out some good options before making the decision. So here are a few pics of the alloy designs that I considered.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1026.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1027.jpg

After seeing both of them I finally chose the one that I felt was looking better (I am not a master in selecting designs).

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1030.jpg

Now, The reason for me to go for this alloy was that it looked pretty decent in design and shade and just like the OEM rim this one too has only 4 holes to place the nuts. Also, if you all may need to know some technical stuff about the selected alloy rims then please see the pic below.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1036.jpg

Now, since the decision was done, the process of placing the wheels on the new alloy rims began. Here are the pics of the work in progress.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1045.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1037.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1038.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1039.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1041.jpg

* The next post shall show the fixing of wheels and painting of the brake drums in Black shade (Complementary stuff by BK Tyre Shop).

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 15th May 2014 at 19:49. Reason: spelling
Old 15th May 2014, 19:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

So, After the wheels were placed on the new alloys it was time to fix them back on the car. In the meanwhile, the brake drums got painted. So here are the pics of the job in progress.

The actual condition of the drums.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1031.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1032.jpg

The painting of the same begins!!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1047.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1042.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1048.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1049.jpg

Here is the paint that was used on the drum.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1046.jpg

Finally, the fixing of the wheels began!!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1043.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1044.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1051.jpg

After the fixing was over, the owner told his technician to polish the wheels.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1052.jpg

As I did not find anything better to do in the market as to kill my time so got a sticker made and placed it on front upper part of windshield (inspiration is from Tokyo Drift)

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1050.jpg

At the end of the journey, I give you all some closing shots of my car with new alloys.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1053_001.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1054.jpg

A Big thanks to my Paa for giving me his Credit Card..Lol!

My heart felt respect to my whole team here.

To commemorate my graduation on this forum, a photo-shoot of this car is planned for this Sunday!

Hope you all enjoyed.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 19:56   #65
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

AD bhai. Congratulations for the promotion.

Congratulations again for the alloys. They look decent, and as the color I told you!
Give BK a thanks from my side for this.

Regards,
UB.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 20:05   #66
BHPian

Congrats AKash!

The alloys look fab.
GET RID OF THAT STICKER!!!

a clean non sticker bearing car looks much much better!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 09:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

To all my friends and well wishers here, I am glad to announce that my City Ivtec has finally got new alloy rims today. The occasion being that I graduated to Senior Bhpian with the help of my whole team here.
Ah haa....Now we are talking bro. Smashing !!

That design of the alloys you have chosen looks fab. I am really not trying to spoil the fun or try and nit pick, but the Alloy color is not going well with the car shade.
I had said this before that you have a car that is probably not in the sportiest of shades available. But you have really done things that makes this color look awesome.

IMO you should probably photoshop the alloy colors for your car and see which looks best. If you like something, get them painted. Since the theme you have chosen seems to be sporty, I think Glossy black would look gorgeous.

All said and done, your car really is a head turner. Just a small bit of suggestion, try getting rid of all those extra stickers bro. Plane Jane can be perfect at times.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th May 2014 at 09:30.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 10:20   #68
Team-BHP Support

Those CH-R replica alloys look lip-smacking good.

Please get rid of the unwanted stickers and decals (Rally, Pace Car etc). I'd say, a complete debadging of the trunk lid sparing the Honda logo. You can stick those K&N and other small decals inside the bonnet.

Did you check the difference in weights between the stock rims and the alloys? Do share the pricing as well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 10:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah haa....Now we are talking bro. Smashing !!

That design of the alloys you have chosen looks fab. I am really not trying to spoil the fun or try and nit pick, but the Alloy color is not going well with the car shade.
I had said this before that you have a car that is probably not in the sportiest of shades available. But you have really done things that makes this color look awesome.

IMO you should probably photoshop the alloy colors for your car and see which looks best. If you like something, get them painted. Since the theme you have chosen seems to be sporty, I think Glossy black would look gorgeous.

All said and done, your car really is a head turner. Just a small bit of suggestion, try getting rid of all those extra stickers bro. Plane Jane can be perfect at times.
Hi brother!! Thanks for the appreciation. It's the result of guidance of my team here. Your suggestions have been noted and the same shall be implemented in 24 hours. Though I am not at all good at Photoshop, so request you to download a photo of the car and do the needful so that I get a fair idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Those CH-R replica alloys look lip-smacking good.

Please get rid of the unwanted stickers and decals (Rally, Pace Car etc). I'd say, a complete debadging of the trunk lid sparing the Honda logo. You can stick those K&N and other small decals inside the bonnet.

Did you check the difference in weights between the stock rims and the alloys? Do share the pricing as well.
Hi mate, Thanks a lot for the praises. You all have been instrumental in helping me. The removal of badges shall be done in next 2-3 hours today. Yaar, I could not check the difference because honestly I was not at all aware of this. The price I paid was INR 18000 after exchanging OEM rims for INR 3000. The painting of drums and balancing of front wheels was complementary.

Want to request you, If you are also good in Photoshop please do a Photoshop job on the car's alloys and the radiator grill and post a pic of my car here.

Thanks

AD
Old 16th May 2014, 13:44   #70
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate spea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please get rid of the unwanted stickers and decals (Rally, Pace Car etc). I'd say, a complete debadging of the trunk lid sparing the Honda logo.
Quote:
Ah haa....Now we are talking bro. Smashing !! Just a small bit of suggestion, try getting rid of all those extra stickers bro. Plane Jane can be perfect at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
I find the modifications to be overkill.

3.> black stickering on the shoulder line of the car

Get the above things rectified and the car will look bomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
if you are open to some constructive criticism there are a few more things to be done IMO:

-Remove the black tape on the door edges, and the ones running parallel to the window lines.
Well, My utmost respect goes out to all of you!

I have implemented your suggestions immediately. Though it was pretty hot outside and not an easy job to stand under the sun. But, At times passion gives a back-seat to logic.

After reading the suggestions of my friends here, I said, "AD move it, you lazy bum". "Just do it as the team has given you their selfless support".

So another episode begins!!

AD is thinking to go or not to go in this sun and heat!

Finally, AD's legs move out of the house and he leaves for getting the suggested things done.

AD's City ivtec lands at ACE Honda, sulking in heat and with serious reservations towards this outlet AD simply calls the cleaner from outside and then is told by the security person to park the car in their parking.

Told the cleaner, "Bhaiya please remove the stickers and emblems from boot"

Here goes the pics of work in progress on AD's City Ivtec.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1056.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1057.jpg

Sad part is, the emblems broke off while being taken off.

The final look!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1059.jpg

Well before you all say anything, Let AD say something!

All stickers and emblem have been removed from the boot but "JBL" sticker on this car shall be there till this car is there with me and till I am alive because this is a mark of respect to Sir Sam Kapasi, a person who gave us all a reason to laugh and made our lives worth!

Second is the PACE CAR, This sticker is my mark of respect to GTO for giving me a chance to be here among veterans and acclaimed members like all of you. This sticker will never be removed till AD lives.

Now, As suggested earlier to remove the Black line running on the doors, AD on priority got that done.

Here are a few pics.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1060.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1061.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1062.jpg

After completing this, The car went for a nitrogen refill at a near-by petrol pump. Total expense on this was INR 125 with 2 free refill vouchers.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1063.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1065.jpg

While the car's wheels were refilled with cool nitrogen, AD could not bear the heat so decided to cool himself with his staple liquid diet.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1064.jpg

Thank you all,

AD

# Some more updates are planned for tomorrow.

Last edited by ad3952n : 16th May 2014 at 14:09. Reason: punctuation marks
ad3952n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 14:26   #71
Senior - BHPian

It is really nice to see how your car has been coming along. Nice choice of alloys. What made you stick to 15" though? Could've been the ideal time to upgrade to 16 inchers

If suggestions are still welcome, how about removing the black surround around the rear number plate, and those rear bumper corner protection strips. Also, those door edge protectors are a real eyesore. Please get rid of them. Simply be careful while opening your doors and if you don't want to have to tell passengers in your car, then visit 3M and have paint protection film put on the door edges

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 14:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

ad3952n ,First of all " Hats off, SIR" I have never come across a honest HONDA owner than you. You have very well narrated the positives as well as negatives of the car and the brand which 99% of the Honda owners shy off from telling.

The exterior mods done are beautifully executed and add a good character to the car. The OEM color is also too good. Honda paint quality is awesome and this color has a nice depth.

The alloy could have been better, this looks like OEM punto alloys. A multi spoke gives good look to modern shape and looks in-flow with the body design. Sorry no offense meant.

The wooden inserts look out of place in a modern car like the city. The dark tan wood like verna etc would look better instead of this kind of wood, but if you like it nothing better than that.

Great that you changed the tyres. The OEM MRF doesnt do justice to the fast car at all.

IMHO get rid of the K&N, it has done more harm than benefit to me. It performs good only when new. Its not made for indian climatic conditions at all. It screwed my throttle body sensors, mugged up my IAC valve and i had to change my throttle body too once. I got rid of it finally and only then the performance was restored.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 15:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Nice choice of alloys. What made you stick to 15" though? Could've been the ideal time to upgrade to 16 inchers

If suggestions are still welcome, how about removing the black surround around the rear number plate, and those rear bumper corner protection strips. Also, those door edge protectors are a real eyesore. Please get rid of them. Simply be careful while opening your doors and if you don't want to have to tell passengers in your car, then visit 3M and have paint protection film put on the door edges
Ishaan, The Tyres are capable of running about 25k more in present condition so delayed my decision of upgrading them at present. Secondly, Paa would have kicked AD out with the car if this had been done all together. Remember, It was his credit card that I was using..Lol!

Tyres will be upgraded prior to AD's marriage by the year end!!

Suggestions are always welcome Ishaan, The suggestions are noted and will be implemented in 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
First of all " Hats off, SIR" I have never come across a honest HONDA owner than you. You have very well narrated the positives as well as negatives of the car and the brand which 99% of the Honda owners shy off from telling.
Amit, being brutally honest helps the future buyers make informed choices. The issues that I have faced should not be faced by others. There is nothing to be shy about. We all are a family and why to hide anything among our family members here ?

Quote:
The exterior mods done are beautifully executed and add a good character to the car. The OEM color is also too good. Honda paint quality is awesome and this color has a nice depth.
Thanks for the praise! Apart from the paint's quality the present look of the paint is retained because of my dear friend Sidharth Shankar whose car review guided me to a good car detailing shop here in Noida.

Quote:
The alloy could have been better, this looks like OEM punto alloys. A multi spoke gives good look to modern shape and looks in-flow with the body design. Sorry no offense meant.
In a close knit family like here, no offense is ever meant in between all of us. To be frank, I am a total fool when it comes to selection of tasteful and appropriate designs. This design I selected after comparing another one.

It was so hot out there that I could not stand and select more. You see I did not have even Diet Coke to survive upon over there. So, selected the design that I found decent.

Quote:
The wooden inserts look out of place in a modern car like the city. The dark tan wood like verna etc would look better instead of this kind of wood, but if you like it nothing better than that.
Amit, it was a D.i.Y job and AD is not perfect so slightly it may look out of place specially at the AC console.

Quote:
Great that you changed the tyres. The OEM MRF doesnt do justice to the fast car at all.
You killed me by surprise!! I never got tyres changed. They still are OEM. Rims have been changed only.

Quote:
IMHO get rid of the K&N, it has done more harm than benefit to me. It performs good only when new. Its not made for indian climatic conditions at all. It screwed my throttle body sensors, mugged up my IAC valve and i had to change my throttle body too once. I got rid of it finally and only then the performance was restored.
Till now it is doing fine but thanks for giving info on this. I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 22:02   #74
BHPian

PERRFECCTTT!!!
The car looks hot with those wheels. Plus with the stickers removed, I simply loved your car. Really loved the way your car has transformed.

Cheers,
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 22:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PERRFECCTTT!!!
The car looks hot with those wheels. Plus with the stickers removed, I simply loved your car. Really loved the way your car has transformed.

Cheers,
Sreehari
My friend!! AD promised you of an update last time on the alloys. So, he finally got it done yesterday.

Though it was hot outside but AD stood up for all of you.

Mind you, did not even have my Diet Coke there. But it actually feels nice to be appreciated by my friends here.

Thanks

AD

Most Viewed