Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:28   #16
BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) EDIT: Now K & Nd!!

Very well written and detailed review AD. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car!
I own a Honda city which is approximately 2.5 years old and have driven it for about 41k till date. I have done all my scheduled services from Ace Honda and thankfully the experience has been satisfactory till date. IMO with ACE there are about 2-3 service advisers who are good know their stuff while the rest are junk. Maybe your experience has been with them.
On the other hand the FE that you reported is 12.9 which is kind of low or is this the overall FE over 23/24k kms that the car has run ?
On the cleaning thing Ace Honda or other Honda service centers in Noida have tie up with 3M where they have internal cleaning package for about 1800 appx. You could try that. And in general other than the 40k service all bills are pretty low. So IMO in case you are not happy with Ace, try Pearl.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Very well written and detailed review AD. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car!
the FE that you reported is 12.9 which is kind of low or is this the overall FE over 23/24k kms that the car has run ?
So IMO in case you are not happy with Ace, try Pearl.
Mate, Indeed a pleasure to get your reply. The FE of 12.9 was the overall FE few days back. However, now it has increased to 13.1 after changing the air-filter a week back. As far as Ace Honda is concerned, I am really against them as they have never been of any help to me. I am planning to switch to Crown Honda in Noida. My paa said the car needs professional setup for service which an onwer cant provide himself/herself. So, Try a new Honda A.S.C.

Thanks

AD
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Mate, Indeed a pleasure to get your reply. The FE of 12.9 was the overall FE few days back. However, now it has increased to 13.1 after changing the air-filter a week back. As far as Ace Honda is concerned, I am really against them as they have never been of any help to me. I am planning to switch to Crown Honda in Noida. My paa said the car needs professional setup for service which an onwer cant provide himself/herself. So, Try a new Honda A.S.C.

Thanks

AD
Good idea. They are the newest Honda dealer in town and you can expect better levels of service atleast initially. Do let me know your feedback once you get your service done.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Thanks

AD
AD
I have the 2011 City AT in the same color as you do and had been getting it serviced from Ace Honda. However, their service quality has been going down since a long time. Dad and I decided to give Prime Honda a chance last week when the service was due for the City. I must say that i am mightly impressed with them.

The work was done as per our needs and requirements and not for a minute did they push for any additional works that did not needed to be done (cleaning/greasing/lubrication etc). They have tuned the engine beautifully and the overall feel of the car post service is much better than when she was serviced at Ace Honda. A friend of mine had tried Crown Honda but wasnt impressed.
In case you want to have a look at the car over the weekend, let me know and we can plan something.

Cheers.
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
I have the 2011 City AT in the same color as you do and had been getting it serviced from Ace Honda. However, their service quality has been going down since a long time. Dad and I decided to give Prime Honda a chance last week when the service was due for the City. I must say that i am mightly impressed with them.

The work was done as per our needs and requirements and not for a minute did they push for any additional works that did not needed to be done (cleaning/greasing/lubrication etc). They have tuned the engine beautifully and the overall feel of the car post service is much better than when she was serviced at Ace Honda. A friend of mine had tried Crown Honda but wasnt impressed.
In case you want to have a look at the car over the weekend, let me know and we can plan something.

Cheers.
Rohan
Thanks a lot Rohan, You have given me very important information and it is surely going to help me. Nice to know that Prime Honda is more professional than Ace Honda. I just needed these type of feedbacks about other Honda A.S.C before making a decision.

Rohan, This weekend I am out of city. But, for sure we can meet next weekend and discuss in detail. I will PM my contact number to you.

Thanks

AD
Old 14th April 2014, 13:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Firstly, I wish to thank everyone who has visited to my thread. I really feel happy.

Posting here an update regarding the change of the floor mats that I purchased today from Car Raunaq, Sector 16, Noida for my City I-vtec.

They have costed me INR 600/- for a set of 5 mats. There color is matching to the interiors i.e Beige. However, I feel this color needs a lot of care as to keep them in best shape.

Pics of the floor mat set:

1) The packed set

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0715.jpg

2) Front Right

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0718.jpg

3) Front Left

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0716.jpg

4) Rear Right

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0720.jpg

5) Rear middle mat

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0717.jpg

6) Rear Left

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0719.jpg

Now, The car is going for a detailing session in the afternoon today itself at Fucon Technology, Sector 8, Noida. The proposed treatment is the Poly Glaze polish that shall be applied on the car. The step wise pics will be uploaded by today evening.

Thanks

AD
Old 14th April 2014, 16:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Well folks, Got the car back from the detailing session. Took almost 2 hours to get the job done. And since I have an eye for detail regarding my car, so, made sure that every panel is done with equal care and attention. So as informed the whole process of the detailing job is captured in the photographs below.

As there are various stages involved in the detailing process, Thus, Every stage shall be shown in a different post.

To start with, foremost, these are the pics of my car prior to the detailing session. It is important due to 2 reasons:

1) Owner knows about the minor scratches which are there prior to the execution of the job. It reduces the scope of the technicians to get away with any damages which may occur during the process.

2) Gives the owner a fair idea about the difference in the car's look after the job and the product quality.

The initial pics:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0721.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0722.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0723.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0724.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0725.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0726.jpg

The next stage involves the cleaning of the car to remove the dust or any other particle that may have settled over the car's paint. It surely helps in a good end result.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0728.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0729.jpg

So, the job begins!!

Preparing the polishing machine with the paint cleaning solvent. It is applied after cleaning the car with a dry cloth.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0730.jpg

The product used is Moto Lube Poly Glaze.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0733.jpg

* Further details added in the next post.

Thanks

AD
Old 14th April 2014, 16:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

This post is about the stages of the detailing job.

Stage 1:

a) The car's panels are coated with paint cleaner with help of the polishing machine.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0731.jpg

b) After the application of the paint cleaning solvent on the entire car, it is buffed up with the polishing machine so that the solvent gets evenly spread on the panels.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0732.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0734.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0735.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0736.jpg

c) This is how my car looked after the completion of stage 1

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0737.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0738.jpg

d) It is very important to note that if there are reversing sensors on the rear bumper then it is better to avoid the buffing by the machine as it may damage the sensors. So, easier way out is that apply the solvent coating on the buffing cloth and wipe off the area. It takes some time but actually it's worth.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0739.jpg

* More details added in the next post.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 14th April 2014 at 16:36. Reason: edit
Old 14th April 2014, 16:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

The 2nd stage:

It involves the buffing and application of the Poly Glaze solvent. See, to be honest, one has to stand and supervise this whole thing because if you move away then you may end up cribbing on the final result.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0740.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0741.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0742.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0743.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0744.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0745.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0746.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0748.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0749.jpg

So, After seeing my car shining my eyes rolled to it's wheels. They were dirty. Hence, Could not stand their sight and told the cleaner to clean and polish them. It looked to me as if I am wearing clean and ironed clothes with dirty shoes.

a) Wheels before the cleaning and polishing

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0750.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0751.jpg

*The wheel's cleaning process and more details added in next post.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 14th April 2014 at 16:59. Reason: edit
Old 14th April 2014, 17:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

The 3rd stage:

This involves the continued buffing of the Poly Glaze Solvent with help of the polishing machine and then the actual result comes out.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0756.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0759.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0760.jpg

So, Now is the time for the final result

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0762.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0763.jpg

Coming back to the wheel's cleaning.

The wheels are coated with the spray.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0752.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0753.jpg

The end result of the wheels

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0757.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0758.jpg

(Note: The fake air vents shown in the first post of this review have now been replaced with better ones.)

The final cleaning of the car's exterior.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0755.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0764.jpg

* The story does not end here. What follows in the next post is the interior job.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 14th April 2014 at 17:17. Reason: edit
Old 14th April 2014, 17:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

After the complete exterior detailing had finished, it was time for some interior cleaning as to complete the picture.

The new floor mats

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0765.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0767.jpg

The Cleaning of the seats

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0772.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0773.jpg

After standing for almost 2 hours it was time to take the car back home. Here are some final shots of the car.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0769.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0771.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0774.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0775.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0776.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0777.jpg

To give me some relief, I was charged only INR 500/- for the entire thing. But, do note that my car's hood and roof are covered with vinyl so the cost was accordingly decided.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 13:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Update

Hi all, Today I am feeling very happy as my Honda City Ivtec has got it's 1st performance upgrade.

I went to Reliance Auto Mart in Patparganj (The one in EDM Mall) to get the K&N air-filter. Here are some pics of the same. It has costed me INR 5290/=

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0781.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0782.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0784.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0783.jpg

Thanks

AD
Old 18th April 2014, 07:28   #28
BHPian

Hi there, my compliments to you for this passionate and honest thread. I have a march 2012 S-MT (same color) but haven't made any changes to it. I agree about the horn and the suspension. However FE depends on so many factors that it's difficult to compare. Always wanted performance upgrades but didn't know of good tuners in Hyd. How's the performance after changing the filter. I am thinking of it too along with getting wider tyres and a better horn. Will post some pics soon.
tamsaif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 08:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
Hi there, my compliments to you for this passionate and honest thread. However FE depends on so many factors that it's difficult to compare. Always wanted performance upgrades but didn't know of good tuners in Hyd. How's the performance after changing the filter. I am thinking of it too along with getting a better horn.
Thanks mate, FE has been the point of concern for me since the time I purchased my car. After replacing the air filter with K&N the first thing that I felt was the acceleration has increased and the pick up even in the 2nd gear is smooth. The best part of this filter is that one can easily re-use it and it requires to be cleaned after 30,000 kms. For the Horn I would suggest you Hella as I have replaced my car's OEM horn with this and it is really much better.

Thanks

AD
Old 22nd April 2014, 20:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L (Urban Titanium) with K&N EDIT- NITTO SS Exhaust installed

Hi all, It is yet another happy moment with regards to my City Ivtec. Today I got it's exhaust job done and placed bumper corners like the one in the Jetta from Autopsyche Gurgaon. I reached there around 12:30pm and Aarush sir was not there. He was at his new outlet on MG Road Gurgaon.

The car enter's the working space at Autopsyche

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0785.jpg

When he came we discussed about the job to be done. He offered me a NITTO Stainless steel exhaust which has been placed by removing the OEM. And when the job was finished the car was started and I stood numb while listening to the sweet exhaust note. Not too loud but surely a deep sound. It is something which I can't explain in words.

We discussed alot many things like his projects, the alloy wheel options, head lamps and the best part was I spoke to him about our beloved YETI; Sam Bhai.

Here are a few pictures of the job in progress.

The bumper corners being placed:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0786.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0790.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0791.jpg

Now comes the exhaust

The OEM one being cut-off

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0789.jpg

The Nitto Exhaust (Thai Brand)

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0788.jpg

Finally, I would like to thank GTO as he was the 1st person who knew about this modification idea.

Aarush sir for giving such a beautiful exhaust fitting which a great sound.

My whole team here; with utmost respect I really appreciate their ideas and support for my car.

Lastly, I am sharing a small conversation that took place between me and paa over the phone today evening when I was at Autopsyche. It actually is very interesting.

Phone rings: 5:15pm

Paa: So is the car ready?
Me: Haan, It's ready. It is sounding really sweet.

Paa: How much money did you waste?
Me: Pretty reasonable.

Paa: Tell me first or else stay and sleep in your car. Forget you have a home in Noida.
Me: Well it is 11000/=

Paa: Oh god!! (silence for a minute)
Me: Very reasonable

Paa: You have lost it!!
Me: No, the car is with me. I have not lost the car.

Paa: My son, You have lost your mind.
Me: No paa.

Paa: I guess we should expedite the search of your partner for the wedding. Only she will stop you from spending on the car.

Me: Well, This car is my passion paa and no one can change it. You need to live with it.

Phone down. The conversation ended after 4 minutes.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0792.jpg

I feel now my car has got more to it than just the vinyl wraps.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 22nd April 2014 at 20:53.
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed