Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:27   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate speakers

Hey dude your car is turning out pretty well I must say. Though if you are open to some constructive criticism there are a few more things to be done IMO:

-Remove the bumper corner protectors, they serve no purpose now since the canards stick out more anyway. On the rear too they are an eyesore.

-Remove the black vinyl for the fuel filler, sticks out like a sore thumb.

-Remove the black tape on the door edges, and the ones running parallel to the window lines.

-Remove the antenna.

-Remove the vinyl on the hood, but leave it on the roof. Will look a lot better.

-Get whiter bulbs in the headlights like Philips Crystal vision. It will go better with the LED strips.

Now after you upgrade the rims and tyres it will look pretty hot. Go for some gunmetal or anthracite coloured rims with 195 width tyres.

Also the next time you change oil try a synthetic oil like Shell Helix Ultra or Mobil 1 Supersyn, the engine will become extra smooth.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 3rd May 2014 at 20:28.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: My Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs, Rockford Fosgate speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey dude your car is turning out pretty well I must say. Though if you are open to some constructive criticism there are a few more things to be done IMO:

-Remove the bumper corner protectors

-Remove the black vinyl for the fuel filler, sticks out like a sore thumb.

-Remove the black tape on the door edges, and the ones running parallel to the window lines.

-Remove the antenna.

-Remove the vinyl on the hood, but leave it on the roof. Will look a lot better.

-Get whiter bulbs in the headlights like Philips Crystal vision. It will go better with the LED strips.
Hi Akshay, Thanks so much. The way this car has shaped up is simply due to the constructive suggestions from accomplished people like you and I am always open to suggestions.

See, Antenna and bumper protector can't be removed since they are drilled in the metal body. So after removing them the car will need a paint job which is a useless expense.

I used 4300k bulbs from Philips but they did not go well as the light from those bulbs did not help much. So I changed back to OEM bulbs and prior to LED fixture in headlamps I considered going for HID but was suggested by a dear friend that HID leads to scattering of light. Hence, I went on to add these LEDs.

Vinyl on the roof as well as the hood are my imaginations and I consider them to be the unique point for the car. So maybe later on I may revert to single tone gloss black roof and hood.

As far as black tape on door edges is concerned, I am unable to figure out as to what are you mentioning. Please be slightly more precise.

I agree to your suggestion on the fuel cap vinyl. It appears to be loud.

Quote:
Now after you upgrade the rims and tyres it will look pretty hot. Go for some gunmetal or anthracite coloured rims with 195 width tyres.
Agreed. I have been suggested 195 width tyres by my friends also. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Also the next time you change oil try a synthetic oil like Shell Helix Ultra or Mobil 1 Supersyn, the engine will become extra smooth.
Point noted Akshay. Will try one of these for the next time. Let me tell you, After replacing the mineral oil that Honda provides the engine now has given far better response after using semi synthetic Castrol Magnatec.

Akshay, You are most welcome to give your ideas and views. They shall be of great help.

Thanks

AD
Old 4th May 2014, 17:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

To begin with, How many of us will spend their Sunday for a car detailing session ? Well, even after lot of thinking, may be no one.

But my Sunday began with Car detailing session at Klenz Carzspa. It is a non-swanky yet very reasonable Car Spa located at Sector 11 Noida which has skilled people at work.

Having read about it on Sidharth's (sidindica) car review thread, I checked there face-book page and decided to check it out. So, finally I reached there at 10:15am in the morning and met the owner Sanjay and discussed about the job I wanted to go in for.

He showed me a service card with all service and rates mentioned in it. I took the Interior cleaning package along with 3 Step paint detailing package.

Now, Here are a few pics of the job in progress.

1) The Outlet

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0927.jpg

2) The car's floor mats are removed and it is properly vacuumed.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0909.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0910.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0911.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0912.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0913.jpg

3) After vacuuming, the car car gets ready for a steam session.

a) The steam machine being prepared.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0914.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0915.jpg

The session of steaming begins!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0916.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0917.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0918.jpg

Here is the engine bay after the steam session!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0919.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0920.jpg

After the steaming was over, The water cleaning began!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0921.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0922.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0923.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0924.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0925.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0926.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0928.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0929.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0930.jpg

* The next post tells the story of detailing.

Thanks

AD
Old 4th May 2014, 18:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

So, As I am fussy maniac when it comes to my car, so as soon as the water cleaning was over and the car was driven inside for the detailing to begin, I immediately checked all the lights whether they are working or not. Since my car is nothing less than a light house, having 10000 lights here and there..Lol..so it was all the more important for me to check it.

Thank god, All is well.

Now, the detailing begins.

Stage 1: The Diamond compound is used to remove dullness in the paint. Actually, This car was vandalized on the right side so got the doors painted to(im)perfection from a local painter. The color of both right side doors was looking dull in comparison to rest of the car. Even Sidharth and Aarush Sir pointed this thing when I met them few days back.

Here are the pics.

a) The machine being cleaned for the job.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0931.jpg

b) Application begins!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0932.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0934.jpg

Stage 2 begins with application of Acrylic Paint Polish to give it the gloss and wet look while removing ultra-fine scratches and swirl marks on the paint.

a) Machine getting cleaned.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0935.jpg

b) Application in progress

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0936.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0937.jpg

c) The end result after the Acrylic polish

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0938.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0939.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0940.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0942.jpg

Now, Before the final coat of Wax the car is properly cleaned with micro-fiber cloth.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0941.jpg

Finally, the final coat of Wax is ready to be applied.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0943.jpg

Even my other driver also tried his skills at polishing.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0944.jpg

After all this was done, I clicked the car's interior pic. The door pads have been restored to a brilliant OEM finish.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0933.jpg

* The next post shall tell you about my views on this outlet with few better quality pics of my car.

Thanks

AD
Old 4th May 2014, 19:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Now, Lets talk about the Outlet's service quality. See, These are my individual views and I am in no ways trying to portray a bad image of any other detailing brand.

We all know, 3M is considered as best and respected for their detailing pan-India but after using this particular outlet I thought of sharing certain common points of the two outlets.

3M
* Lack of Space
* Highly priced
* Too Complicated and time consuming procedure
* Good Ambiance

Klenz Spa

* Good parking space
* Very Reasonable
* Simple and good procedure of doing a job
* Lacks Ambiance

I found this outlet far better in skills and end-result as compared to the Fucon Technology outlet in Sector 8 Noida.

After checking out this facility I really appreciate the concern of the owner and recommend it to others as well.

Here are a few better quality pics of my car after the entire session was over. Thanks to the owner of the outlet for the same.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c2.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c3.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c4.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c5.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c1.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-c6.jpg

In the end, I am feeling really satisfied with the job done. The car looks far better now as compared to the earlier sessions. Some minor interior work is still pending as today I did not have time for completing it since my movie show of 02:20 pm for 2 States would have been missed. The left out job shall be completed within a couple of days.

Hope my detailing process is of help to my fellow team members here.

A Sunday well spent!!

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 4th May 2014 at 19:19. Reason: formatting
Old 5th May 2014, 23:24   #51
BHPian

Why does the hood of your car has 4 different colors?
SumitBahl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 23:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Why does the hood of your car has 4 different colors?
Dear Sumit, Firstly, thanks for writing. See, it is very common these days to have a single tone wrap on the cars but I wanted something really different for my car. So, 3 different types of wraps are there on the hood.

1) Matte Black

2) Carbon Vinyl

3) Brush Titanium in the middle.

Thanks

AD
Old 6th May 2014, 01:03   #53
BHPian

The way you've been maintaining the tread and answering/replying to everyone shows one thing clearly, you Love your car and you are pretty enthusiastic about it.

from my perspective, I find the modifications to be overkill.

What I liked
1.> Mercedes style DRL's
2.> fake carbon fiber look of spoiler
3.> smoked lights
4.> rear cup holder tray

What I didn't like
1.> Multi shade vinyl on the hood
2.> Extra pair of DRL's (Inner ones)
3.> black stickering on the shoulder line of the car
4.> vinyle on fuel cap
5.> All those fake scoops on bumper
6.> the fake wood trim on dashboard. get it done from someone else. The neater it is, the better it will look.
7.> Extra antenna
8.> vinyl under the rear number plate
9.> rear bumper protector, looks uneven.

Get the above things rectified and the car will look bomb
mandhir.s.bajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 08:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

So how much did you pay for the detailing? I might try out this outlet for my Safari.
Old 6th May 2014, 09:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
So how much did you pay for the detailing? I might try out this outlet for my Safari.
Hi mate, I paid INR 2207/- all inclusive. The hood and roof of my car are covered with vinyl so they were excluded from detailing and the price was accordingly revised. I am planning to go there today for getting the incomplete interior work done.

If you may need any help on it. Please feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
The way you've been maintaining the tread and answering/replying to everyone shows one thing clearly, you Love your car and you are pretty enthusiastic about it.

from my perspective, I find the modifications to be overkill.

What I didn't like
1.> Multi shade vinyl on the hood
2.> Extra pair of DRL's (Inner ones)
3.> black stickering on the shoulder line of the car
4.> vinyle on fuel cap
5.> All those fake scoops on bumper
6.> the fake wood trim on dashboard. get it done from someone else. The neater it is, the better it will look.
7.> Extra antenna
8.> vinyl under the rear number plate
9.> rear bumper protector, looks uneven.

Get the above things rectified and the car will look bomb
Hi Mandhir, This car is made with help of all my friends here. Thanks for giving me the suggestions. I have been suggested on these lines by many of our fellow members. I will see that all the given points are met at the earliest.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 6th May 2014 at 09:35. Reason: multi-quote used
Old 6th May 2014, 13:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, I have started to implement the suggestions given by you all. A big thanks to Akshay and Mandhir too.

The Fuel cap Vinyl is removed.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0953.jpg

The fake air vents on the both sides of wheel-arcs have been removed

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0952.jpg

The 2-tone roof vinyl has been changed. The side strips are now changed from brush titanium to Black carbon vinyl on both sides. This is done because during the detailing session 2 days back the right side roof strip came off from the rear edge.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0950.jpg

Final look with Black Carbon Vinyl.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0951.jpg

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 6th May 2014 at 13:43.
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 15:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, When someone gets the pocket money for the month, he/ she spends it up either on partying or on movies or on clothing. But my pocket money for this month went into installing Rockford front component speakers with 2 tweeters for my City I-vtec.

The idea for installing a pair of good speakers came to me at 39000 ft. yesterday evening while coming back from Mumbai. So, when I received my pocket money today, my plans started taking shape.

After dropping Paa at office went to Driven (Kailash Colony) New Delhi. Met Subhan and discussed about the kind of setup I was looking for. He suggested to go for Hertz or for Rockford. I told him that my main concern is that the sound quality should be good. Hence, he finally told me to go in for Rockford. What further endorsed my decision was, Subhan told me that Sidharth Shankar too had the Rockford setup in his car earlier.

Without a second thought gave him a go-ahead. Here are few pictures of the speakers.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0959.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0958.jpg

The installation process began and ended in 1 hour 30 minutes. Neatly done job and the sound quality has improved as well. Here are some pics of work in progress at Driven.

The plastics and door pads of front doors are removed.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0960.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0961.jpg

The installation begins!!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0962.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0967.jpg

The pics below show the Rockford Speaker and my OEM front speakers by Honda. One important thing to be noted here is that in the basic variant of City Ivtec the front speakers are provided by Nippon which provides security systems too for cars. Now, my point is when the head unit is of Kenwood then why are kenwood speakers not used ?

OEM pair of front speakers.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0966.jpg

The Rockford Speaker.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0963.jpg

The final fitment.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0965.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0970.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0968.jpg

In the end, My heart-felt thanks to Subhan for giving such a wonderful speaker setup. And Samarth for introducing me to Driven. The first song that I played after the installation of the new speakers was "Harry's not a Brahmchari: Dhol mix". It sounded really well I must say.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0969.jpg

To conclude it, I just have a small wish; that someday may car becomes worthy of being posted at the Tastefully modified thread.

Thanks

AD
Old 9th May 2014, 16:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi all, When someone gets the pocket money for the month, he/ she spends it up either on partying or on movies or on clothing. But my pocket money for this month went into installing Rockford front component speakers with 2 tweeters for my City I-vtec.

AD
Nice to see the extra fitments being taken off your car Good audio is always a nice thing to have. Remember though, that it won't improve much unless you get it powered. Amping up your setup, will go a long way

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 16:56   #59
BHPian

Hi AD,
Just readd your thread completely. Nice thread.
Congrats on getting the audio upgraded and good that you finally did away with all hideous stickers and other accessories.
I'll suggest to do something more
-Remove the thin vinyl strip which runs throughout the length of the car. It looks like an odd panel gap, IMO.
-Remove the badges and stickers from the car and source Mugen logos and JDM stickers.
-Get an alloy wheel soon
With all these, your car will look awsome.

Cheers
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 17:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

To conclude it, I just have a small wish; that someday may car becomes worthy of being posted at the Tastefully modified thread.
Hey AD, congrats on your City and you seem to have almost hit in the sweet spot in making an otherwise dull colour look Sporty !!

I quite well agree with Shashan below, if you would want your car to appear on that thread or atleast look better (IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post

I'll suggest to do something more
-Remove the thin vinyl strip which runs throughout the length of the car. It looks like an odd panel gap, IMO.
-Remove the badges and stickers from the car and source Mugen logos and JDM stickers.
-Get an alloy wheel soon
Ad invest in Some Alloys at the earliest. No matter how you see it or do it, Wheel cap will never replace an Alloy, technically or visually.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks