Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 15:09   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec on this thread which has been worked upon and modified over a period of 2 years. Requesting mods to allow me for this. I always wished that someday my car shall be worthy of this thread.

Modifications list:

1) Vinyl Wrap on Hood, Boot, Roof, Grill and Fenders.

2) Orvms with Indicators

3) Blacked out Tail Lamps, Head lamps and side markers

4) Canards

5) Rear Lip spoiler

6) LEDs

7) Alloys

8) Nitto Exhaust

9) K&N Stock Replacement Filter

10) Roof Console, Meal Plates, LCD, Glass Holder in rear seat.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_143830830.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_143849104.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_143928163.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_144101292.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_144010376.jpg

This car earlier was a funny looking one but with help of Team Bhp members it has got it's present look.

Thanks to all the members here!

Last edited by ad3952n : 7th August 2014 at 15:12. Reason: pics
ad3952n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 16:37   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks!
This car earlier was a funny looking one but with help of Team Bhp members it has got it's present look.

What are those 2 protruding fins on your front bumper. You could also lose a couple of DRLs to make it look better.

And honestly, you should not be reducing the effect of headlights by masking / smoking them.
Desmosedici is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 16:46   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
What are those 2 protruding fins on your front bumper. You could also lose a couple of DRLs to make it look better.

And honestly, you should not be reducing the effect of headlights by masking / smoking them.
The protruding fins are the canards which I saw on a VW Jetta done by Autopsyche, they actually protect the car from minor hits. As far as DRLs are concerned I am surely going to remove a pair soon. Tint in the headlights is very nominal and since the headlights have those White tubes so the lighting is sufficient for night driving. It also does not give glare in the eyes of on-coming traffic.

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2014, 17:20   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate, it still looks funny.
kiku007 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 17:45   #125
BHPian

Quote:

This car earlier was a funny looking one
Is just me or has half your car been wrapped in vinyl?

Also, the front end looks much too busy with the canards, DRLs, etc. The canards look badly-fitted and do they serve any purpose? Could you also post a pic of your car in profile please?

Last edited by AbelAFC : 7th August 2014 at 17:47.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 17:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec on this thread which has been worked upon and modified over a period of 2 years. Requesting mods to allow me for this. I always wished that someday my car shall be worthy of this thread.

Sorry mate. The car looks funny even now.

You have gone way overboard with the mods. You haven't followed a certain theme and have got a bit of everything. So in the end it looks a bit weird.

The only good mod IMO are the alloys. They really look nice.

Cheers
amansanc
amansanc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 18:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The protruding fins are the canards which I saw on a VW Jetta done by Autopsyche, they actually protect the car from minor hits. As far as DRLs are concerned I am surely going to remove a pair soon. Tint in the headlights is very nominal and since the headlights have those White tubes so the lighting is sufficient for night driving. It also does not give glare in the eyes of on-coming traffic.

Thanks.
IS the car glossy black with grey bumpers? or is it looking so in the pics?
Old 7th August 2014, 18:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:

Well, you had the ideas and too many at that, mate. Don't get us wrong. The mods are well executed but since there are too many of them, they look a tad too busy on your car. The black-matt black combo makes the car look duller. I'd start by losing the vinyls and some of the stickers first.
The alloys look great though!
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 19:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Is just me or has half your car been wrapped in vinyl?

Also, the front end looks much too busy with the canards, DRLs, etc. The canards look badly-fitted and do they serve any purpose? Could you also post a pic of your car in profile please?
Lol! It actually is, I tried out a scheme of look that I saw on a Honda City in Thailand. Now, Canards caught my eye on a Jetta done by Autopsyche so tried them on my car and got them fixed at Autopsyche. The DRLs will be soon reduced to just 1 pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Sorry mate, it still looks funny.
Why sorry? Fun is the part of life mate! I know it makes many people smile on the road too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Sorry mate. The car looks funny even now.

You have gone way overboard with the mods. You haven't followed a certain theme and have got a bit of everything. So in the end it looks a bit weird.

The only good mod IMO are the alloys. They really look nice.
Bhai, It's funny because I am myself really funny as a person. Having a bit of everything in one is the beauty of it. Its like a Hot n sour soup!

Thanks a lot for the praise on alloys brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
IS the car glossy black with grey bumpers? or is it looking so in the pics?
Amit bhai, Car is surely glossy Black but the bumpers are body colored to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Well, you had the ideas and too many at that, mate. Don't get us wrong. The mods are well executed but since there are too many of them, they look a tad too busy on your car. The black-matt black combo makes the car look duller. I'd start by losing the vinyls and some of the stickers first. The alloys look great though!
To be honest buddy, This car is a experiment. Rather, lets call it a canvas which is full of different shades ultimately resulting in a abstract art. The car is totally de-badged and has tbhp sticker and a JBL sticker (as a matter of respect) and nothing else. Thanks for the alloys mate.

I really appreciate the suggestions provided to me and rest assured I have learnt a lot about how to make the car look presentable. In 2 years it reached at this level but promise you all, in future it will be further improvised upon.

OT: My special one too dis-approves of the looks of the car on many occasions!

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 20:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Lol! It actually is, I tried out a scheme of look that I saw on a Honda City in Thailand. Now, Canards caught my eye on a Jetta done by Autopsyche so tried them on my car and got them fixed at Autopsyche.
Don't take this the wrong way, but looking at what you've just stated, I think you've been carried away by what you've seen elsewhere without really adapting it to your car. Also, it doesn't matter if Autopsyche or Pininfarina put those canards on your car, since it just doesn't suit the i-VTEC.

Stop emulating others , cause it obviously hasn't worked out too well for you. I'm sure your own original style would be so much nicer and tasteful than blindly aping other wacko designs.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 20:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec on this thread which has been worked upon and modified over a period of 2 years.
Are both the ORVM indicators different in shape or is it just due to the angle of these pics?
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 20:13   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Are both the ORVM indicators different in shape or is it just due to the angle of these pics?
Actually buddy the left one broke off after coming under a truck a long time back so just covered it with transparent film as there was not a single piece available in the shop from which I purchased the pair earlier at Mumbai.

Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 20:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

My dear friends, I felt like sharing the transition of my car so far after being worked upon in a period of 2 years!

Honestly, It would be the wackiest City Ivtec but in comparison to what it was before being worked upon as per suggestions of you all, I feel it is somewhat presentable.

The First look:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img20130718008322.jpg

The 2nd look:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo0138.jpg

The present look:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140807_143830830.jpg

For sure there are imperfections in the car even now but as it's said "You learn from your experiences" so for me it's a learning process and I am sure in the times to come this car will be much more presentable.

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2014, 22:46   #134
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
The front canards are for corner dynamics and not for protection. Also the car has too much DRL traffic. Honestly, I dont like such a busy front. Keep it simple bro.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 12:31   #135
Senior - BHPian

hi ad! That is a good effort. My opinion is that the canards look good when you have a wide body kit and the whole car is sort of bulged with the kit. You could also go for a nice license plate and that does make a huge difference to the way the car looks. Sort of like a bow-tie. The rest of it is not so bad really.
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks