Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 16:21   #136
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Actually buddy the left one broke off after coming under a truck a long time back so just covered it with transparent film as there was not a single piece available in the shop from which I purchased the pair earlier at Mumbai.

Thanks
The Alloys are looking very nice buddy. Can you share the cost? Just exploring and gathering information as want to switch to alloys soon.

Cheers!
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 16:45   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec on this thread which has been worked upon and modified over a period of 2 years. Requesting mods to allow me for this. I always wished that someday my car shall be worthy of this thread.
Hey Akash,

First off, it takes some courage to post here the pictures of the work done on your own car,with your ideas, regardless of it being good or bad, so hats off to that.

As for my views,
Certain mods from your viewpoint may be good , but for third person, it may not. I would suggest going with your own ideas since it is your car.

Some pointers,
Certain additions or changes depends on model to model and even if it is the same model, it may look good on another car because of the way it has been done up overall.

Regarding your car,
There is a vinyl overdose, I cannot figure the original color of the car.
There is a mix and match of lot of things, so there is no one theme. Keep it simple would be my idea.
Get rid of the JBL stickers, it has faded. And like someone said, a new design numberplate will do a big change.
And get a tyre foam. When posting on a highly critical/appreciative thread like this, that was the first you should have checked.

And not the least, a good camera, use it to click pictures of your car as that makes a world of difference. You know most of the cars on this thread look good because of the camera and photographer.

This generation Honda City is a difficult car to make look good in the mods department unlike the first generation ones. Good going.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 16:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec on this thread which has been worked upon and modified over a period of 2 years. Requesting mods to allow me for this. I always wished that someday my car shall be worthy of this thread.

This car earlier was a funny looking one but with help of Team Bhp members it has got it's present look.

Thanks to all the members here!
I would recommend that you put better pictures first for proper feedback.
The current one's are too dull.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 17:38   #139
BHPian

Quote:
AD Buddy,

I had been following your thread and feeling kind off happy seeing the changes you were incorporating and you car come out well with every post of yours after taking feedback from people here. I was also very pleased to see that you finally got rid of the unnecessary bits and specially the wrapped wheel caps and got yourself some nice alloys. I was only secretly hoping that you get rid off the canards and the multi tone wrap on the hood and roof but to my utter disbelief you have gone ahead and got it all wrong.

With all due respect to your individual taste if i have to give an honest opinion, I think if you would have stuck to wrapping only the hood gloss black and not the side fenders your car would still look really nice or maybe even carbon fibre wrap on the entire hood and roof would also look good. Also please change the stock tyres to broader tyres, owning a City ivtec myself in which I have done a few basic exterior mods I would say getting broader wheels was the best change done both in terms of looks as well as performance of the car. Another thing instead of the tints on the headlights, get the silver reflector inside painted black and install a set of projectors which will look really cool with the DRL's, I have got this done on my City.

Anyways final suggestion.. Keep it subtle and simple. What you have got now is loud and over the top which I am sure will not be liked by many at least not Bhpains for sure.

Cheers!!
VVB
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 19:37   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
The front canards are for corner dynamics and not for protection. Also the car has too much DRL traffic. Honestly, I dont like such a busy front. Keep it simple bro.
Utsav, you very well know that I am not a technically sound person. Thanks for the right information. Yaar, DRLs will be reduced to one pair only in a short while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
hi ad! That is a good effort. My opinion is that the canards look good when you have a wide body kit and the whole car is sort of bulged with the kit. You could also go for a nice license plate and that does make a huge difference to the way the car looks. Sort of like a bow-tie. The rest of it is not so bad really.
Thanks a lot brother, your suggestions are accepted. I shall make sure that the car shall be improved upon in the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
The Alloys are looking very nice buddy. Can you share the cost? Just exploring and gathering information as want to switch to alloys soon.
Jasmeet bhai, Alloys costed 18k with exchange of OEM rims. All thanks to Utsav Batra for guiding me in it. Got them from BK Tyre at Lajpat Nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Hey Akash,

First off, it takes some courage to post here the pictures of the work done on your own car,with your ideas, regardless of it being good or bad, so hats off to that.
Tharian, you had followed my thread on this car and you know it well how have I worked upon this car. So, I always took suggestions from all of you and worked on the car. Hence, it's important to have the feedback from all of you.

Quote:
As for my views,
Certain mods from your viewpoint may be good , but for third person, it may not. I would suggest going with your own ideas since it is your car.
Yaar, my own ideas turn out horrible, so can't take chances. It is always good to have a second opinions from those who actually know the job.

Quote:
Some pointers,
Certain additions or changes depends on model to model and even if it is the same model, it may look good on another car because of the way it has been done up overall.
Agreed, but slightly elaborate on the same. I would like to know this in detail.

Quote:
Regarding your car,
There is a vinyl overdose, I cannot figure the original color of the car.
There is a mix and match of lot of things, so there is no one theme. Keep it simple would be my idea.
Get rid of the JBL stickers, it has faded. And like someone said, a new design numberplate will do a big change.
And get a tyre foam. When posting on a highly critical/appreciative thread like this, that was the first you should have checked.
I will change the vinyl into a single tone and change the number plate too. Tyre Shine shall surely be used in future. Thanks for pointing it out. Appreciate it.

Quote:
And not the least, a good camera

This generation Honda City is a difficult car to make look good in the mods department unlike the first generation ones. Good going.
I will keep this in mind. Even if its a challenge, still I will keep working on it and definitely make it worth the praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I would recommend that you put better pictures first for proper feedback.
The current one's are too dull.
New camera shall be there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
I had been following your thread and feeling kind off happy seeing the changes you were incorporating and you car come out well with every post of yours after taking feedback from people here. I was also very pleased to see that you finally got rid of the unnecessary bits and specially the wrapped wheel caps and got yourself some nice alloys.
Thanks bhai, it felt really nice that you gave your time for my car. Thanks a lot for the praise on the alloys.

Quote:
I was only secretly hoping that you get rid off the canards and the multi tone wrap on the hood and roof but to my utter disbelief you have gone ahead and got it all wrong.

With all due respect to your individual taste if i have to give an honest opinion, I think if you would have stuck to wrapping only the hood gloss black and not the side fenders your car would still look really nice or maybe even carbon fibre wrap on the entire hood and roof would also look good. Also please change the stock tyres to broader tyres, owning a City ivtec myself in which I have done a few basic exterior mods I would say getting broader wheels was the best change done both in terms of looks as well as performance of the car.
The vinyl wrap pattern will be changed for sure. As for Canards I will remove them too very soon if they really do not look that good. You are right, Tyre of this car need to be changed very soon. I will be using 195 width Tyre as upgrade.

Quote:
Another thing instead of the tints on the headlights, get the silver reflector inside painted black and install a set of projectors which will look really cool with the DRL's, I have got this done on my City

You know something, me and my friend Rohan, both of us are really mad about your car's projectors. Awesome job!

Quote:
Anyways final suggestion.. Keep it subtle and simple. What you have got now is loud and over the top which I am sure will not be liked by many at least not Bhpains for sure.
I know, the car has lost out on many points. Thanks for sharing the valuable feedback. I shall soon implement the same and get back to all of you.

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2014, 01:39   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to all the members here!
Hello Ad !
I know it takes a lot of effort, time and money while trying to modify the looks of your car, so kudo's to you for doing that.
Secondly, its actually nice to see how you have taken all the criticism.

You have got a great car under all these mods and some slight changes may make it even better.

1. Remove the wrap from the fenders and the two tone on the roof and bonnet, if you want to have a wrap have it on the roof instead in a plain gloss black shade. I think you were trying to aim for this but this only works out in single tone and with those huge wheels. Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-download.jpg

2. Remove all the DRL's and have the OE fogs installed in their place, they will certainly look a lot upmarket andlend a premium touch to your sedan.

You can find the whole process here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...dressed-4.html

3. The canards might have been expensive coming from Autopsyche and so you can remove those after the novelty wears off.

4. Keep the LTD sticker and remove the TeamBHP sticker on the rear glass because anybody who knows about TeamBhp can already identify you with the LTD.

5. New number plates, try to get HSRP's or similiar ones.

Cheers.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 10:36   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hello Ad !
I know it takes a lot of effort, time and money while trying to modify the looks of your car, so kudo's to you for doing that.
Secondly, its actually nice to see how you have taken all the criticism.
Bhai, This is a healthy way of suggesting some improvements. You all actually want my car to look good and I know this well. I am really thankful to you all.

Quote:
You have got a great car under all these mods and some slight changes may make it even better.
Thanks brother.

Quote:
1. Remove the wrap from the fenders and the two tone on the roof and bonnet, if you want to have a wrap have it on the roof instead in a plain gloss black shade. I think you were trying to aim for this but this only works out in single tone and with those huge wheels.
Shall be done today itself. I know even copying a design of another car does need certain amount of knowledge. Simply copying them without logic (as in my case) leads to unintentional disasters like my car.

Quote:
2. Remove all the DRL's and have the OE fogs installed in their place, they will certainly look a lot upmarket and lend a premium touch to your sedan.
This I will inquire about too from Honda ASC.

Quote:
3. The canards might have been expensive coming from Autopsyche and so you can remove those after the novelty wears off.
Expensive, just don't get me started buddy. If it's not looking good I am ready to remove them. Money is something that can be earned even later but anything that dents the appeal of the car will not be present anymore on my car.

Quote:
4. Keep the LTD sticker and remove the TeamBHP sticker on the rear glass because anybody who knows about TeamBhp can already identify you with the LTD.
Totally accepted and shall be implemented.

Quote:
5. New number plates, try to get HSRP's or similiar ones.
Agreed and will be done on priority.

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions buddy.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 13:36   #143
Senior - BHPian

Those DRLs in the lower grille and the canards have got to go mate (could maybe change the design of the canards since these ones don't suit the car) and I believe it's time to try something new and ditch all those vinyls entirely. How about a two tone pinstripe along the waiste-line of your car? Mocha and Maroon perhaps (you could match your brake calipers by coating them in maroon too) Fat rubber, skirting, and a diffuser up front and at the rear, would go a long way in projecting a serious image for your car. The alloys are a nice set but perhaps consider plasti-dipping them

Eager to see what it will look like soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th August 2014 at 13:37.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 15:45   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Folks! Today after a long time I am going to post my own car i.e Honda City Ivtec
Hello ad!
Your car has all the mods to make it look super tasteful but then some more which take it a little over the top. Just erase some mods that you've already carried out and you'll have a winner!
Get rid of those black vinyls (except on the grille and the roof). I see you already have DRLs integrated in your headlamps so the ones on the bumper aren't necessary (they look a little over the top cause you have 2 pairs). The smoked headlamps look great and the black grill is hot! Finally remove some of those extra stickers and the canards, your car will look neater.
Your car has a lot of potential buddy and sometimes the more minimalistic mods make the car extremely good looking.

Cheers!
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 17:46   #145
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

AD sir!
First of all I would say hats off to your spirit! Most of here brag about having all the knowledge of cars and yet I know for certain a lot of us don't know jack. Including myself.
By adopting the approach that you have, you EVOLVE. It's really great to see that. For once a woman/man is convinced he knows stuff/has great taste, it's the end of the road, no room for evolution.

Coming to your car. It is yours. If you like it this way, then so be it. The relationship between a human and her/his car is something which cannot be understood by others. However, if you look at the current car modders thought process, this does look overdone. It's only a matter of perception.
What I feel is that a lot of stuff has been done without the proper execution. So it's a mix of everything. There is no single theme running through the car. As others have commented, remove the DRLs and cannards. Perhaps try out a little bit of less vinyl. Start anew. Start from a stock city with those alloys, and build on again from there.
Again I point out that it just the perception of the people that this would look good, including me. The car is yours to enjoy .
Once again Kudos. Keep evolving. Most people will remain static(so boring). It is a lesson for me as well.
Love your car anyway
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 18:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Eager to see what it will look like soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Hello ad!
Your car has all the mods to make it look super tasteful but then some more which take it a little over the top. Just erase some mods that you've already carried out and you'll have a winner!
Get rid of those black vinyls (except on the grille and the roof). I see you already have DRLs integrated in your headlamps so the ones on the bumper aren't necessary (they look a little over the top cause you have 2 pairs). The smoked headlamps look great and the black grill is hot! Finally remove some of those extra stickers and the canards, your car will look neater.
Your car has a lot of potential buddy and sometimes the more minimalistic mods make the car extremely good looking.
Folks! Based on the feedback received from all of you, I have started to implement the suggestions from today itself. I am now going to keep the car in one-tone gloss Black vinyl look. As of today I removed the vinyl from front fenders and got the hood in single tone gloss Black vinyl.

The left fender is in really bad shape all thanks to KJ anthony for messing it up. Tomorrow the roof will be done gloss black and by Monday the fender shall be repaired. Also tomorrow one pair of LEDs in the middle shall be removed along with Canards.

Here are 2 pics for today:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140809_180011237.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-img_20140809_180030088.jpg

The pics don't do justice to the present pathetic condition of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
AD sir!
First of all I would say hats off to your spirit! Most of here brag about having all the knowledge of cars and yet I know for certain a lot of us don't know jack. Including myself.
By adopting the approach that you have, you EVOLVE. It's really great to see that.
Samar, thanks for the motivation. You know I was so concerned about the look of the car that yesterday night I was awake till 3am. Today as you know I went to IDE and over there when the vinyl got removed I was totally shocked to see the condition of paint on the left fender. Now that has added to my already existing concerns about the car.

But with support of all of you I am going to make this car a winner even at the cost of loosing my sleep or anything. I wont let it die an untimely death.

Thanks a lot all.
Old 9th August 2014, 20:19   #147
BHPian

AD, you've chosen a brilliant set of alloys to go with your car. But the tyres are really killing the look of the alloys. You really should get a set of lo-pro tyres and that will bring a world of change to your car.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 20:33   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
AD, you've chosen a brilliant set of alloys to go with your car. But the tyres are really killing the look of the alloys. You really should get a set of lo-pro tyres and that will bring a world of change to your car.
I totally agree, The Tyre given by OEM have been peanuts. I have come across many owners who complain on the sub-standard Tyre quality. I shall be getting them changed at 40K. The only confusion is whether to use 185 or 195 width. Secondly, what shall be the impact on the ride quality of the car after using 195 width?

Alloys were a long pending requirement but unfortunately at that time the Tyre were in good shape so avoided changing them. I also shall like to know the most reliable brand for 195 width tyre.

See, I need this type of design on the Tyre that I came across in google image.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-images.jpg

Is this particular design available in the brands available in our market?

Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 20:39   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Is this particular design available in the brands available in our market?

Thanks
I don't have any sort of idea when it comes to tyres and technical knowledge about tyres, but there are plenty of other BHPians who can help you out there.

Regarding the tyre pattern, I think Yokohama S-Drives come really close to that pattern.
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 23:22   #150
BHPian

Stick to Michelin or yoko. You won't find much difference in after changing from 175 to 195. Just that your braking will improve a lot, cornering will be great, good highway grip.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed