Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 00:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Stick to Michelin or yoko. You won't find much difference in after changing from 175 to 195. Just that your braking will improve a lot, cornering will be great, good highway grip.
Thanks a lot buddy, After going for the 195 width will there be some changes in the suspension too? I mean some sort of stiffness or any other thing? With changing of the width of the Tyre should I also see any sort of change with respect to car's mileage or any other reading that is displayed on the Odometer?

Lastly, As it's a known fact that 3rd gen Honda City has low Ground Clearance so what improvement should I expect in that after upgrading the Tyre?

Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 01:53   #152
Senior - BHPian

No changes is suspension, there might be 1 km drop in milage, but for me I feel its 0.5 kmpl. Yes you can get 5mm height by using 195/60.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 02:09   #153
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Thanks a lot buddy, After going for the 195 width will there be some changes in the suspension too? I mean some sort of stiffness or any other thing? With changing of the width of the Tyre should I also see any sort of change with respect to car's mileage or any other reading that is displayed on the Odometer?

Lastly, As it's a known fact that 3rd gen Honda City has low Ground Clearance so what improvement should I expect in that after upgrading the Tyre?

Thanks
http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/wha...x.jsp?id=61418

195 width will only increase the width of the tread of the tyre. Not make it any "bigger". assuming Aspect Ratio is the same. So no changes to Odo,suspension etc. Cornering, grip, braking will be better.
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 10:26   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
No changes is suspension, there might be 1 km drop in milage, but for me I feel its 0.5 kmpl. Yes you can get 5mm height by using 195/60.
Ok, so 5mm is actually a good increase than the OEM GC i.e 160mm. Now the mileage that my car gives is 12.5 so I guess it will come down to 11.5km/L. Will there be some change in the stance too?

Quote:
assuming Aspect Ratio is the same. So no changes to Odo,suspension etc.
Chalo that's good, because I was thinking that with change of Tyre size probably the readings on the ODO shall change and the ride shall be stiffer or so. You know I am not very good at technicalities of a car.

Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 14:26   #155
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Have been going through really hard and tragic circumstances in past couple of days. All the planned and suggested upgrades/ changes have taken a back seat as of now. The only thing that I got done in this tight schedule was the re-painting of the front left fender since it had chipped paint and gave a really bad look. Here are 2 pics:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1771.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1773.jpg

The final rubbing and polishing was completed today at an expense of INR 1500 at a FNG in Noida Sector 8. However, the gloss retaining and proper detailing shall be carried out soon and the roof wrapping etc. shall be done by next week.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 16:39   #156
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Its been about 2 months since my car received a proper cleaning. Plus, there were certain good suggestions provided by all of you to improvise on the car's look so did that too.

As suggested earlier, I got the roof wrap replaced in Gloss Black from Karol Bagh, New Delhi at an expense of INR 1100/-

Here are some pics:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1796.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1797.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1798.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1799.jpg

Now, today I took the car for a proper detailing session at Klenz Car Spa. They have shifted from Noida Sector 11 to Indrapuram (Ghaziabad) behind Jaipuria Mall in Ahinsa Khand 2.

Here are a few pics of the new outlet:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1802.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1804.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1807.jpg

They have actually re-started with proper Job Card which helps in recording the job to be carried out along with the content details of the vehicle.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1808.jpg

At the new outlet the space can accommodate 3 cars at one time.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1805.jpg

At the moment a small-scale mechanical repairing job can also be carried out at this outlet.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1800.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1801.jpg

So, coming back to my car. Here a few pics of work in progress:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1809.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1810.jpg

The Steam cleaning of the engine in progress:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1811.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1812.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1818.jpg

The proper cleaning and polishing of the alloys was also done:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1814.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1815.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1816.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1817.jpg

Since the left front fender was repainted due to chipped paint so got it detailed properly as earlier I was not satisfied with the gloss/ shine on it.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1819.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1820.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1823.jpg

The final result was now up to the mark.

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1824.jpg

This process took almost 2 hours including vacuuming of the interiors. Whole job was done FOC by Sanjay ji. Some pics clicked by him shall be uploaded once I receive them.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 23:36   #157
Senior - BHPian

Folks! Here are the pictures taken by owner of Klenz Carzspa today afternoon. He has been really kind in honoring my request and even gave a new name to the car i.e "Cinderella".

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-unnamed.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-unnamed-1.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-unnamed-2.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-unnamed-3.jpg

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:55   #158
BHPian

AD!

What have you put on the rear bumper now? and what has happened to the JBL sticker?

Rohan
Old 21st August 2014, 12:57   #159
BHPian

Akash, how much Klenz charged for this work and what all products they used for the detailing?

Quote:
Since the left front fender was repainted due to chipped paint so got it detailed properly as earlier I was not satisfied with the gloss/ shine on it.

As you was not satisfied with the gloss/shine, didn't Klenz guided you what more can be done to achieve the desired results.

-
SS
Old 21st August 2014, 15:59   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
What have you put on the rear bumper now? and what has happened to the JBL sticker?
Yaar I did not put anything now on the bumper. It has that IDE wala sticker only. JBL's sticker got faded in the sun. Will replace the same by tomorrow. Its really close to my heart.

Did you find anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Akash, how much Klenz charged for this work and what all products they used for the detailing? As you was not satisfied with the gloss/shine, didn't Klenz guided you what more can be done to achieve the desired results.
Saurabh bhai sahab, hope you are fine. Klenz didn't charge me anything honestly and they use some brand called Meguiar. Actually the product is really effective and end result is really good. Actually, I got the front left Fender re-painted a week ago due to chipped paint. So, the end result was not to my expectation. Hence, went to Klenz and got it detailed properly. Now the shine and gloss on it is really nice. One can see the reflection in the panel.

Bhai, Lets meet some time soon!

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2014, 16:02   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Yaar I did not put anything now on the bumper.
So what is the black thing on the right side of the rear bumper in the third last pic (or the second in the post) ? Havent seen it before.

Rohan
Old 21st August 2014, 16:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
So what is the black thing on the right side of the rear bumper in the third last pic (or the second in the post) ? Havent seen it before.
Oh that, It was another attempt made initially to make the car appear as cartoon! Lol! Thats just another fake air vent. Its been there from a long time.

OT: Kirti is an absolute gem of a person yaar. Really it was a pleasure meeting him today. He got those IDE side graphics done on his Red Polo. Looked really nice in flesh.

Last edited by ad3952n : 21st August 2014 at 16:08.
Old 22nd August 2014, 01:41   #163
BHPian

Hi akash,
I really respect your passion towards modifying your car, but i feel you need to put a stop somewhere. Too many of them together wont really help with the overall look of the car.
This particular model of the city would do well with minimalist mods and try and get rid of too many stickers, that fake vent on the rear bumper does not bowl well towards a good clean mod for the car.
Some of the mods are cool, the alloys look super as does the glossy roof and the hood.
Just a few quick suggestions from my side
- Try and get rid of too many stickers, especially the fake vent and "P" on the fuel filler cap
- Remove the layer of dark film at the top of the windscreen, that would give the front a more cleaner look.
- Get rid of the mud flaps, would lend a much cleaner look
- Turn indicators on the ORVMs look too big for the city, try and source a more subtle design with the turn indicator just at the corner as it was standard on the civic.

Again appreciate your passion and the manner in which you accept the suggestions from fellow bhpians.
superboy44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 09:20   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
I really respect your passion towards modifying your car, but i feel you need to put a stop somewhere. Too many of them together wont really help with the overall look of the car. This particular model of the city would do well with minimalist mods and try and get rid of too many stickers, that fake vent on the rear bumper does not bowl well towards a good clean mod for the car.
Agreed, just yesterday me and my friend Rohan (who too is a bhpian) were talking and he did say this to me. Actually, this fake air vent was placed earlier and for sure the same shall be removed soon. There is just an IDE sticker which they place as they wrapped hood of the car.

Quote:
Some of the mods are cool, the alloys look super as does the glossy roof and the hood. Just a few quick suggestions from my side
- Try and get rid of too many stickers, especially the fake vent and "P" on the fuel filler cap
- Remove the layer of dark film at the top of the windscreen, that would give the front a more cleaner look.
- Get rid of the mud flaps, would lend a much cleaner look
- Turn indicators on the ORVMs look too big for the city, try and source a more subtle design with the turn indicator just at the corner as it was standard on the civic.
Really appreciate the suggestions buddy and thanks for the praise. I will get the "P" re-made. The need for this sticker is there because whenever I reach to fuel station the attendant asked me whether it's diesel or petrol. After putting this "P" their asking has almost stopped.

The dark film on the front glass is there because the front glass was not tinted since this Honda City is elementary model and I feel removing the mud flaps shall lead to muck and dirt from wheels shall spread on the lower part of car's body.

About the turn indicators, I will surely think on this.

Quote:
Again appreciate your passion and the manner in which you accept the suggestions from fellow bhpians.
Thanks buddy, this improvisation would not be possible without the valuable support and suggestion of my team here.

Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:58   #165
Senior - BHPian

Well Folks! There is a saying, "Jab waqt kharab ho, toh oonth pe baithey aadmi ko bhi kutta kaat leta hai" (When one's time is bad, then even the man who takes good precautions, ends up in a mess).

Just see, this is how money is wasted on the very 1st day of the week!

I went to my FNG in sector 8 Noida today for some rebuffing of the door panels and over there the car's left side running board got badly damaged due to a jack rod!

Pics:

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1868.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1869.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1870.jpg

The repair job was really harsh on my heart. Couldn't see my car in such a bad shape!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1871.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1872.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1873.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1874.jpg

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1875.jpg

Also got the rear fake air-vents removed too!

Honda City i-Vtec 1.5L with K&N, Nitto SS Exhaust, LEDs & Rockford Fosgate speakers-photo1876.jpg

Rest I will write in the next post as leaving for Go-Karting now with Rohan Dhiman.

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks