Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 08:09   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

That part is meant to be bent and broken. Get the easiest and cheapest fix for a bumper. If you think the bumper is compromised please change it as its the first layer of defense in case of an incident.

The cost will be in the upward of 10K for buying and painting a new bumper and at the service station this cost only goes up.

Try a local vendor who can source this bumper from a yard and can paint it for you for less than 5K.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 10:01   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
That part is meant to be bent and broken. Get the easiest and cheapest fix for a bumper. If you think the bumper is compromised please change it as its the first layer of defense in case of an incident.

The cost will be in the upward of 10K for buying and painting a new bumper and at the service station this cost only goes up.

Try a local vendor who can source this bumper from a yard and can paint it for you for less than 5K.
The damage is more cosmetic than structural, so no worries on that front

My first thoughts veered to going the VW route, but then better sense prevailed and I am going with my trusted local vendor. I'll be getting it back this evening, all else being equal.
Old 8th December 2014, 20:50   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
So, anyone have any tips? Go to VW itself or go to a friendly neighbourhood shop? I'm averse to the latter option as the quality of work is often questionable. If anyone can point me in the direction of a good one I'm game to give it a try.
Damn. That must have hurt! I see that you are getting it done at a local dealer. Let us know once you get back the car. I hope these guys don't mess it up further.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 8th December 2014 at 20:52.
Old 8th December 2014, 22:32   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Damn. That must have hurt! I see that you are getting it done at a local dealer. Let us know once you get back the car. I hope these guys don't mess it up further.
Oh yes, it sucks to get the car banged, but that's life. You can't really drive in Mumbai and expect not to get hit/hit someone at some point.

I gave the car to my local denting/painting guy as opposed to the dealer and they did a very good job. You can't tell the car was hit at all on the rear bumper, and it looks as good as new. The car looks great again, and that's all I can ask for really!
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:18   #230
BHPian

Does anyone know when the Jetta 2015 is expected? I was looking at the present Jetta DSG but then i think i am a little late because there aren't any available. As of today my choices are the Skoda Octavia DSG and the Chevrolet Cruze. If the new Jetta is going to be out in a month or so then i think i can wait. Any information or suggestions please.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:23   #231
Senior - BHPian

Rumor has it it will be launched in approx Feb. I'd say wait for it and factor it into your buying decision too. It will go up in price, but has a few revisions that make it worth waiting for.

In the meantime, you might want to put your money down on the Octavia. It has a long waiting period in any case, so you can bide your time while you wait for the Jetta knowing you have a plan A in the pipeline.
Old 7th February 2015, 20:27   #232
Senior - BHPian

Just got the car back after it's first service, I gave it in a week ahead of its 1 year anniversary because the car was begging me for an oil change every time I put the key in the ignition.

Total damages came to Rs.13,290 including Rs. 250 for a pickup of the car. All went well and I have no complaints, everything was handled smoothly except the pickup, and thay's only because they got my phone number wrong and I was thus waiting for them to contact me while they couldn't get through to me.

No matter. Have a pic of the bill attached, the service rep said it would come to Rs. 14,xxx which I told him would be a bit more than what it should. The final bill reflects there. So far so good. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th February 2015 at 22:19. Reason: removed attachment since it had personal details.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:06   #233
BHPian

Interestingly, my first service bill came to just ~Rs. 9,300 a few days back. I got an estimate for around 13k after declining the wheel alignment, wash etc.

I'll compare charges tomorrow
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 22:08   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Interestingly, my first service bill came to just ~Rs. 9,300 a few days back. I got an estimate for around 13k after declining the wheel alignment, wash etc.

I'll compare charges tomorrow
Whoa, so maybe I did get shafted after all! Do compare notes, I'll raise this issue if VW calls for feedback like they said they would.

For what it's worth, I declined the alignment too, but allowed them to wash the car. Still, I'm a little surprised you were Rs. 4000 less!

Last edited by iliketurtles : 7th February 2015 at 22:09. Reason: added a bit
Old 7th February 2015, 22:15   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

No matter. Have a pic of the bill attached, the service rep said it would come to Rs. 14,xxx which I told him would be a bit more than what it should. The final bill reflects there. So far so good. Onwards and upwards.
Why are there 4 filters that were changed? I got the air filter and the dust/pollen filter but why are there 2 filter elements? One I assume is the oil filter but whats the other filter element? Did they change the diesel filter?

What is service plus?

The AC disinfection is a new scam by all dealers. 1000 bucks to spray the AC vents with a spray that costs not even 100-200 bucks.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:24   #236
Senior - BHPian

Just got the car back from service some hours back, and the total bill came to 13,290 all in all.

The service itself was well handled all in all, but the initial estimate by the dealer was for about Rs. 14,xxx to which I simply said it sounds high. I turned down the chance to do a wheel alignment of the car as I'd rather do it elsewhere.

All in all, all is well. Onwards and upwards.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-fullsizerender.jpg
Old 7th February 2015, 22:28   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why are there 4 filters that were changed? I got the air filter and the dust/pollen filter but why are there 2 filter elements? One I assume is the oil filter but whats the other filter element? Did they change the diesel filter?
Now that you mention it, I'm stumped. It could well be the fuel filter, I'll check with them on Monday as I'm curious now. Honestly, things have been busy as heck of late and when I spoke with the rep when he called I might have accidentally said get the fuel filter changed as well when I rattled off the filter names. Sheesh. That'll teach me for juggling multiple things at once.

Quote:
What is service plus?
I vaguely remember him saying it's what they call their checkup of the car.

Quote:
The AC disinfection is a new scam by all dealers. 1000 bucks to spray the AC vents with a spray that costs not even 100-200 bucks.
Well, that's news to me. Dayum, wish I knew that 24 hours back, I'd have said no no no. Lesson learnt.
Old 8th February 2015, 07:25   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the four filters are oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and diesel fuel filter.

BTW, was fuel filter replacement scheduled every 15K kms as per manual?

Like mentioned earlier, AC disinfectant is a big sham. Please avoid it in future. Getting it done at 3M costs a lot less. Besides, it's not really required unless you are getting foul smell from the AC

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 8th February 2015 at 07:30.
Old 8th February 2015, 08:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the car back from service some hours back, and the total bill came to 13,290 all in all.

The service itself was well handled all in all, but the initial estimate by the dealer was for about Rs. 14,xxx to which I simply said it sounds high. I turned down the chance to do a wheel alignment of the car as I'd rather do it elsewhere.

All in all, all is well. Onwards and upwards.

Labor charges in my bill came to Rs. 3462. I notice that I too got shafted with the AC cleaning scam for 955. This could have been 2372.

In your case, the brake service (760) is additional.

In terms of parts, I see only oil filter and air filter in mine, apart from the others which are roughly in common. My total bill was 9962, with bogus AC cleaning charges
Old 8th February 2015, 13:13   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I think the four filters are oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and diesel fuel filter.

BTW, was fuel filter replacement scheduled every 15K kms as per manual?

Like mentioned earlier, AC disinfectant is a big sham. Please avoid it in future. Getting it done at 3M costs a lot less. Besides, it's not really required unless you are getting foul smell from the AC

I reckon you're spot on. The fuel filter replacement is at about 30k kms. However, I vaguely remember telling the service rep to change the fuel filter when I fired off the list of filters I wanted to change. Can't chastise them for a mistake of mine.

Let my stupidity be a lesson for others; no AC disinfectant and don't ask for a fuel filter change some 17000 kms early lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks