Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2018, 14:49   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Are you able to share the part number with me? One of my vents is broken too and the ASC claims that the entire unit has to be replaced with costs 13k. The chrome adjustment unit has fallen off on the left side and it cannot be fixed/glued back apparently.
I sure can. The part number is 5C6819728, didn't show up as available on eBay right now when I had a look, but I'm sure it'll pop up if you look hard enough.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 19:30   #437
Senior - BHPian

All good things must, eventually, come to an end. Out of the blue, an opportunity arose to make something very special mine (all mine!). But for one door to open, the other must close. And so, this circle of life has run its course.

I sold the Jetta earlier today, some 66200 kilometers of relatively fuss-free ownership later. I will look back very fondly on these last 5 years, with the Jetta being a reliable, robust, well-rounded beast that did almost everything I asked of it. VW's after-sales wasn't as bad as some make it out to be, but part prices and lead times can cause quite some consternation at times, understandably.

So, what next? Netflix, mostly. And very little chill, until my new steed is in the stable. But I leave you with this, my two most-beloved pics of my much-loved Black Mamba, and a promise that I will stay German for the foreseeable future.

Auf wiedersehen, my love. Safe travels on your future journeys. Godspeed.

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1424616164.777068.jpg

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home EDIT: Sold!-highway-run.jpeg
iliketurtles is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 20:36   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

So you pulled the trigger after all! This has been an enjoyable thread and I look forward to reading your next ownership thread.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 20:56   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I sold the Jetta earlier today, some 66200 kilometers of relatively fuss-free ownership later...

But I leave you with this, my two most-beloved pics of my much-loved Black Mamba, and a promise that I will stay German for the foreseeable future.
Wow. Was expecting this anytime!

Advanced congratulations on the new steed. Which car did you upgrade to? I will not tell anyone, pinky swear

Looking forward to another fantastic ownership thread.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 21:28   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
So you pulled the trigger after all! This has been an enjoyable thread and I look forward to reading your next ownership thread.
Hand on heart, I had no intention of pulling that trigger so soon. Sometimes though you've just gotta go along with the ride man. You know how it is. I've already kicked off the next saga of my automotive. It's been fun to write thus far, hope you guys will enjoy reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Wow. Was expecting this anytime!

Advanced congratulations on the new steed. Which car did you upgrade to? I will not tell anyone, pinky swear

Looking forward to another fantastic ownership thread.
Really? I swear I did not see this coming. Pinky promise.

Thanks for the wishes man. Hope I live up to your expectations with the new thread.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 00:12   #441
Senior - BHPian

Unplanned things man! they turn out at times even better than when you actually plan for things! Can't wait! I am so glad how things fell in place.

Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 01:00   #442
BHPian

Back in Black! A VW Jetta Highline DSG comes home

Wow! I enjoyed this thread so much, I would always come to read such well written things about your ride, wish I could just get one! Fell in love with it, especially after seeing it.
Cheers to the new incoming babe in your life! Will keep a look out for the new thread!
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 08:44   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Unplanned things man! they turn out at times even better than when you actually plan for things! Can't wait! I am so glad how things fell in place.
Must. Resist. Snarky. Joke. About. Unplanned. Things.

And thanks man. For passing on the info and coaxing me into action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Wow! I enjoyed this thread so much, I would always come to read such well written things about your ride, wish I could just get one! Fell in love with it, especially after seeing it.
Cheers to the new incoming babe in your life! Will keep a look out for the new thread!
I’m glad you enjoyed it Granville, I aim to please. In time, I’m sure you too will have the ride if your dreams at your side. See you around!
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 10:21   #444
BHPian

Quote:
I’m glad you enjoyed it Granville, I aim to please. In time, I’m sure you too will have the ride if your dreams at your side. See you around!
Woohhoooo. Cogngratulations!! Waiting for the ownership thread to read one entertaining thread.

Am I now the last man standing?? All Jet members have upgraded, Tanveer, Graaja, Yourself, Chetan_BG. tanveer, please get me also a good deal!! I am finding it very difficult here to get the deal, well maintained car owners ask what i cant afford and the cheaper ones are not well maintained. Waiting waiting and waiting, Just like Indians today waiting to celebrate!!
Mission_PGPX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 11:54   #445
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy! I do think you’re the last man standing from that bunch of Jetta owners.

Upgrading is almost entirely a waiting game, man. You wait and wait and wait for the right car most times. And when it does come along, you pounce on it and hang on for dear life. For queries on how exactly to do so, please contact Tanveer
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 13:06   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy! I do think you’re the last man standing from that bunch of Jetta owners.

Upgrading is almost entirely a waiting game, man. You wait and wait and wait for the right car most times. And when it does come along, you pounce on it and hang on for dear life. For queries on how exactly to do so, please contact Tanveer
you bought his car, didn't you?? I saw his ad on carwale today, updated 12 hrs ago.

Speaking of Jetta, I am still feeling happy and now driving her more and more with less worry, taking her where i wouldn't go 4 years ago. And its just about 3000 kms away from clocking 100,000 kms. I guess I will be the first there.

No one buys extended warranty here in Ahmedabad it seems. I think they buy their new car considering a certain depreciation benefit and sell it after warranty is over. so you get a car driven around 40K kms, out of standard warranty, tyres begging to get retired and insurance expired or to be renewed in couple of months. Let aside my choice of color (carbon black with cinnamon brown), i am finding things hard to get a genuine piece. But as they say "there is a light at the end of a tunnel". Good luck!!
Old 10th December 2018, 13:33   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
you bought his car, didn't you?? I saw his ad on carwale today, updated 12 hrs ago.
Nope, I didn’t. His is the only BMW in India whose value appreciates after it is bought, so I just gave it loving glances from afar. I went down a different route, with a little help from Tanveer.

I’m sure when the time comes you’ll find the right car man. Just that the waiting game gets annoying at times.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 10th December 2018 at 13:33. Reason: Typo
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 19:45   #448
BHPian

Congratulations for the upgrade mate and thanks for this wonderful thread.

Wish you a wonderful new journey.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 00:13   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woohhoooo. Cogngratulations!! Waiting for the ownership thread to read one entertaining thread.

Am I now the last man standing?? All Jet members have upgraded, Tanveer, Graaja, Yourself, Chetan_BG. tanveer, please get me also a good deal!! I am finding it very difficult here to get the deal, well maintained car owners ask what i cant afford and the cheaper ones are not well maintained. Waiting waiting and waiting, Just like Indians today waiting to celebrate!!

I am a silent member too. Just don't have the mullah yet, and Jetta is an incredibly difficult car to upgrade from.

My current guess is the next gen 3 series Ina couple of years!
Old 16th January 2019, 11:05   #450
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*
Am I now the last man standing?? All Jet members have upgraded, Tanveer, Graaja, Yourself, Chetan_BG. *SNIP*
Nope. You're in good company - I still drive my Jetta. Done around 82K in three years and change, still happy with the car.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks