Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 12:06   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb View Post
Hi guys, any idea on the discounts currently offered on the soda superb. My relative is considering buying the superb and he is being offered 3 Lakhs discount. Any other information along with discounts and freebies would be of help.

Considering the new superb is coming out in a shortwhile, i feel he should be able to pull out some more, probably as accessories.
Old 14th November 2015, 15:04   #77
BHPian

re: Driven: 2nd-gen Skoda Superb (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Considering the new superb is coming out in a shortwhile, i feel he should be able to pull out some more, probably as accessories.

Thanks for the info karan. Will inform him about the accessories.
Old 21st March 2016, 11:51   #78
BHPian

Hello guys,
I am planning to buy a pre owned 2014 model superb. Its a diesel automatic variant and has been driven for around 23000 kms. I haven't seen the car in person yet and not even contacted the seller yet, since i found this ad online. Now I am a bit confused since investing in skoda, I personally feel, is a risky affair and can result in lots of money being invested in maintenance bills. Can any one of the existing superb owners help me with the following questions.
  1. How is the long term performance of the car ?
  2. Comments on the DSG box for long term ?
  3. Since the car will see a lot of highways, is it trustworthy ?
  4. I had a 2007 model superb and had a very bitter experience with it. So i am a bit apprehensive, has skoda improved over time or is it the same story ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th April 2016, 23:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hello guys,
I am planning to buy a pre owned 2014 model superb. Its a diesel automatic variant and has been driven for around 23000 kms. I haven't seen the car in person yet and not even contacted the seller yet, since i found this ad online. Now I am a bit confused since investing in skoda, I personally feel, is a risky affair and can result in lots of money being invested in maintenance bills. Can any one of the existing superb owners help me with the following questions.
  4. I had a 2007 model superb and had a very bitter experience with it. So i am a bit apprehensive, has skoda improved over time or is it the same story ?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

If you are still in the market looking at the diesel AT Superb, I can say it is a reliable machine. The second generation on a whole is more reliable than the first gen ones which were sold in India. So irrespective of TSI/TDI, your total ownership cost will most likely be lesser on a second generation Superb than the one you owned.

DSG reliability: The 6 speed DSG boxes in diesels are reliable, unlike the 7-speed dry clutch ones that came with the TSI. Some owners have reported wearing of the clutch pack, but still there are plenty out there doing duty in Laura/Jetta/Passat/Superb diesels without much issues. You will need to have the DSG oil+filter replacement done at 4years/60k kms.

Highway reliabilty: Shouldn't be a problem if the car is well maintained and periodically serviced.

There are some odd models in the Skoda line-up which are known to have particular issues , and there are ones like the 1.8TSI MT or 2.0TDI DSG which are reliable as a product, but often let down by poor ASCs. So if you have a good A.S.C or a capable FNG that can handle the car, it is worthwhile to pick it up (assuming price is right).

- Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 16:26   #80
BHPian

Guys, I am looking at a 2014 1.8TSI MT Elegance.

Two questions -

* 'Kitna deti hai?' . In general what's the average of this one.

* Any 'notorious' issues with this model? Its an MT, so no DSG issues possible. What else do I check before I sit on the negotiating table.
Old 17th April 2016, 21:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
If you are still in the market looking at the diesel AT Superb, I can say it is a reliable machine. The second generation on a whole is more reliable than the first gen ones which were sold in India. So irrespective of TSI/TDI, your total ownership cost will most likely be lesser on a second generation Superb than the one you owned.
Thanks for the information avinash_clt,
I am still in the market but not sure about what will I buy. I haven't spotted any decent skoda superb till now. Its a gamble after all .
Old 25th April 2016, 15:21   #82
BHPian

Re: Driven: 2nd-gen Skoda Superb (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
How is the ac problem in this model
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
There is no AC problem anymore, at least in my 2 year old 19k done TSI MT. They solved the issue in 2012. It chills and chills...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My uncle is still not happy with the cooling in his Superb TDI DSG. It's also a 2012 March model year car.

It's ok most of the year but Kolkata summers he keeps complaining. I've tried the Auto mode in both modes as well as manual recirc but he says it's still not as good as the Innova from before.

Front cooling is ok but rear is the main problem.
Guys, apologies for quoting your old post here, but I would like to know -

* Is the AC problem still there? I am looking at a 2014 TSI MT that has run 18k kms.

* What's the mileage MT gives? The seller is claiming 10.5 kmpl.

* What else should I check in this car? I want to take the car to a service center before I buy, but the seller says he doesn't have the time to come with me. So I'll need to do the check on my own.
Old 25th April 2016, 15:54   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I would like to know -

* Is the AC problem still there? I am looking at a 2014 TSI MT that has run 18k kms.

* What's the mileage MT gives? The seller is claiming 10.5 kmpl.

* What else should I check in this car? I want to take the car to a service center before I buy, but the seller says he doesn't have the time to come with me. So I'll need to do the check on my own.
* No issues with my 2012 MT TSI AC. It chills even in this summer. So I presume the same should hold good for the 2014 model.
TIP - Auto AC switch button needs to be pressed twice to shift to HIGH mode and the Recirc button to be pressed once for NON AUTO Recirc. This gives best cooling for me at a set temperature range between 23~25 Celsius, according to the weather.

*Depends greatly on the your pressure on the accelerator pedal...lolz. I have taken a mileage of even 17~18kmpl on the highways and at times even 8~9. Evens out at 10+ for me. The seller is claiming rightly.

* Checks
- Move the steering from extreme one end to the other and hear for any abnormal sounds which may indicate bush wear.
- Drive the car to check for smooth acceleration and suspension sounds if any.
- Check service history and timely replacement of all filters and oil including AC, Air, spark plugs etc. Spark Plug replacement is a costly affair. I went in for OE NGK at 1/3rd the cost. Details on my ownership thread.
- Inspect bonnet/panels carefully for any accidental damage. Check for clean engine bay/rodent wire damage. Check tyres and battery.

Rest if the the car is well maintained, it's a hoot to live with.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 22:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.
Hi. I am in the same situation. Did you finally buy this car you found? I am trying to get hold of a 2014 elegance TDI dsg. But in vain
Old 9th October 2016, 12:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hi. I am in the same situation. Did you finally buy this car you found? I am trying to get hold of a 2014 elegance TDI dsg. But in vain
Hello,
Sorry for delayed answer.
I bought a new elantra instead.
Old 17th November 2017, 14:57   #86
BHPian

some fun : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4302227
Old 13th September 2019, 12:29   #87
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Reviving an old thread.

My Civic recently faced the wrath of Mumbai rains and water managed to enter the engine compartment. While the car is at the Honda waiting insurance approval, I have decided to look for alternatives. Deciding on which car to go for after the Civic is a tough task.

In this process, I came across a 2014, 29000 Kms driven Superb 1.8 TSI DSG Elegance. While I am in the process of checking out the car, would greatly appreciate your inputs on what all should I particularly look out for. If I do decide to go ahead with this, will also be sending it for a check-up at the Skoda service center prior to deal finalisation. Also, does it make sense going for a Superb TSI DSG considering the reliability aspect.

The seller is quoting around 12L for this. Is that a fair price?

Thanks,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 13th September 2019 at 12:36.
Old 19th April 2020, 13:34   #88
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at an Ad for a preowned 2014 Superb 1.8TSI First owner car with around 80K on the Odo.

I'm aware of the DQ200 issues, would love to know any recent ownership reviews on the same.

The car is currently with Mahindra first choice and they have put an asking price of 9.5 Lacs. Do let me know your thoughts.

I'm specifically looking for an AT, and the diesel is out of question given the 10 year NGT rules applicable in Delhi NCR.

Many thanks in advance !
Old 28th April 2020, 15:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at an Ad for a preowned 2014 Superb 1.8TSI First owner car with around 80K on the Odo.

I'm aware of the DQ200 issues, would love to know any recent ownership reviews on the same.

The car is currently with Mahindra first choice and they have put an asking price of 9.5 Lacs. Do let me know your thoughts.

I'm specifically looking for an AT, and the diesel is out of question given the 10 year NGT rules applicable in Delhi NCR.

Many thanks in advance !
By 2014, the issues related to the automatic gearbox had been resolved (mostly). Don't quote me on this though.

I feel 9.5 lacs is high for a Delhi car which has done 80k km. I have a 2011 1.8 TSI MT which had done 15k km when I bought it in 2016 ( 5 years old car) for about 8 lacs. Biggest difference is mileage, if it had done similar low miles, then it was a good deal.
Given today's liquidity crunch, I think it should go for 7.5-8 lacs.
nitrogary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 19:17   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance !
Just for reference, a very close friend of mine bought the same model and same year car driven around 60000 kms for 7.75 in Bangalore. So I'm assuming it should be cheaper in Delhi. 9.5 is way too high.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed