Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 11:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I get no more than 13.5-14 (city driving (not bumper to bumper traffic)) , it drops to about 12.5-13 in dense traffic conditions. If that helps!

This is definitely reassuring , after everyone reporting nothing less than 17-18km/l , frankly even 14km/l is the highest of any cars we have owned and we are pretty happy with this.
These are the figures taken right now. From faridabad to my office in Karol bagh. I could have managed more but wasn't doing the usual sedate driving needed for getting best mileage.

@Vsrivatsa _ those scuff plates are pure VFM and looks amazing at night. You are right they aren't DIY type. Took 45 minutes to the guy installing it and he used extra wires as well.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-img_20140727_111728.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 27th July 2014 at 11:53.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 09:17   #107
BHPian

re: 2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Introduction: Initial Ownership Report of 2014 Honda City i-DTEC / V Variant

Alloys & Tyres
I headed straight to A1 Car Care Center near Ashoka Pillar Bangalore where I got the tyres immediately exchanged with Michelin XM2 195/65 R15 as recommended on Team-BHP.
Could you tell me if the lower areas of your car's door are getting more soiled due to the wider tyres which extend a bit out of the sideline . I believe there was a post in this forum to this effect.
Old 28th July 2014, 10:01   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Could you tell me if the lower areas of your car's door are getting more soiled due to the wider tyres which extend a bit out of the sideline . I believe there was a post in this forum to this effect.
Not for the 195/60R15, those are probably for the 16 inch RIMs and 205/50R16 Tires. I will check again today and post some pictures.

RocketScience went for the larger tires: URL
Old 28th July 2014, 22:34   #109
BHPian

vsrivatsa, I have traced that post. It was by neel911 who had Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60R15 tyres.

He says "The Michelin P3ST are just superb. It holds the road so well even at high speeds. Even in rains, I feel much more comfortable handing the unicorn. One thing I wanted to point out though is that as the tyres are wider than OEM, they stick out marginally from body. Due to this, inspite of having mud guards, it easily spoils the lower part of your door during rainy days with the dirty water getting splashed from tyres."

What's your experience?
Old 11th August 2014, 16:51   #110
BHPian

A quick update

Took my Golden Brown beauty for a drive to Bangalore for the Car Seats with Karlsson, drove down the same day back to chennai

Below is the average overall, lot of improvement in the FE. Drove at economy mode (green light on in the mid) @ 90-110 Kmph

Buddies thanks for all your suggestions and feedback
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-img_3073.jpg  

ckmraja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 12:17   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

STEP 3:
With this certificate, I approached Honda Assure and submitted them a copy of the letter provided by Bajaj Allianz and requested for a refund of 25%. The Honda Assure contact person at the dealership reviewed the documents provided and has submitted for a refund of 25% which he claims would be done within a period of 45 days.

The refund would be directly debited to the Bank Account that I have shared with Honda Assure.
Please can you confirm whether the Honda Assure folks have refunded the 25% amount ?
Old 27th August 2014, 18:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
vsrivatsa, I have traced that post. It was by neel911 who had Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60R15 tyres.

He says "The Michelin P3ST are just superb. It holds the road so well even at high speeds. Even in rains, I feel much more comfortable handing the unicorn. One thing I wanted to point out though is that as the tyres are wider than OEM, they stick out marginally from body. Due to this, inspite of having mud guards, it easily spoils the lower part of your door during rainy days with the dirty water getting splashed from tyres."
What's your experience?
I don't have these issues as I have not changed the alloys. I guess this is a problem for folks who went for larger rims on the Alloy Wheels as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Please can you confirm whether the Honda Assure folks have refunded the 25% amount ?
Yes, I had to call Dakshin Honda multiple times and follow up but yes the amount has been finally refunded
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 00:48   #113
BHPian

Hi there
Sorry to bump here, but have you any updates on your ride?
Old 28th September 2014, 09:30   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there
Sorry to bump here, but have you any updates on your ride?
Thanks for the ping. The car is going good - I have completed all 3 Free Services and over 11,000 kms now!

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-20140920_191258.jpg

Will be going on another long drive for the long weekend coming up, will post some pictures and updates post that.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 19:44   #115
BHPian

Great, guess you have no problems so far. Shall wait for your updates here.
Old 5th October 2014, 19:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

Highlights from Another RoadTrip in October to Coorg

With the Holidays setting in and the longest weekend of 2014 coming our way this October we set out on another roadtrip and this time to Coorg. So far I had avoided bad roads with the car being new. With this trip, I was aware that there would be some bad roads that would come my way.

I must say the car did astoundingly well on the trip to Coorg and handled roads of all types with great ease. I also did some amount of bad road driving as the home stay where I stayed "Kabbe Holidays" had about 5-6 kms of adventurous road that led to it. Also, Madikeri town has roads that are really winding and narrow - I also had to leverage my skills in squeezing the car thru roads with oncoming vehicles that come really close as they pass you

In all it was a great trip and the car returned a decent mileage of 20+ for the trip when I re-fuelled in Mysore on the way back.

Some pictures from the road trip below:

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1180898.jpg
Start of the Trip - from NICE Road

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190041.jpg
The narrow but Green roads of Coorg

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190047.jpg
At Kabbe Holidays - the HomeStay

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190382.jpg
City thru the Greenery

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190404.jpg
The road to the HomeStay - I drove on this road...!

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190408.jpg
Another segment of the road that leads to the HomeStay

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190417.jpg
Parked near Nalknad Palace

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190458.jpg
Parked near Padi Iguthappa Temple

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190622.jpg
Parked near a ViewPoint

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190633.jpg
Green Green Coorg!

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190637.jpg
More Green

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190641.jpg
Coffee Estates of Coorg

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190793.jpg
The i-DTEC always delivers on the mileage !

We also did a trip to Mandalpatti which is a famous shooting spot called out as Mugilupete in the Kannada Movie "Gaalipata" -

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190710.jpg

This being a true 4x4 track and did not risk the City here and went with a hired Jeep

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th October 2014 at 19:23.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 22:02   #117
BHPian

Looks beautiful,both the surroundings and the car!! Good to know that the car did well on rough terrains too,something that Verna did not. And the mileage figures sounds great too!! Overall you had a great experience I guess. My car is scheduled for delivery this month,eagerly waiting for it!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 22:37   #118
BHPian

That is a stunning set of pics. I too did a Wayanad trip this week and just returned, The performance of the car was great. Got around 22 km for the onward journey and 23 for the return trip (as per MID).

Didnt have a single case of scraping of under body. Two snaps from that trip -
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-1.jpg  

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-2.jpg  

anilagdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 23:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I too did a Wayanad trip this week and just returned
The first picture is a killer, I will not be surprised if this is your new desktop background.

The FE continues to be amazing as being reported by most of the owners.

Keep updating.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 16th November 2014, 08:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

Time for another update from my side on my 2014 City. The car has covered 13,400 km as of now and its been a good 9.5 months of ownership. I also faced 1 puncture on the rear tyre recently - the first one so far and found it to be a really long nail. Given that they give metal rims for the space, I just refilled the air using the Coido Air Inflator (URL) that I have and headed to the nearest petrol bunk and got it fixed.

Night Breaker Unlimited
Coming to the main focus of this post, I decided to make changes to the headlight based on what some of the other folks on the Official Thread have done. As I went thru Team BHP threads, it was clear that there are mainly two recommended options in this area if we want to upgrade the stock headlights without affecting warranty.
1. Philips Xtreme Vision
2. Osram NightBreaker Unlimited

After going thru multiple threads and looking at the specifications of each in detail I was a little confused about making this upgrade when I read on one of the posts that these lights have a more whitish color to them and are hence less effective in rains. After additional discussions with other people on the official thread, I decided to go with the NightBreaker Unlimited (NBU). As I write this, I also noticed that Philips seems to have released a newer version of their Xtreme Vision with higher Kelvin rating (3700 K) while the NBU that I added is rated at 3600 K. That is for the information of other BHPians who want to consider the Xtreme Vision.

Here is an informational video on the NBU:

Also, I found this post on the Official Thread, a good explanation of how the Kelvin rating on the bulb can be mapped to the colour: URL

I ordered the Bulbs from PowerBulbs.com at the following URL They offer Free Worldwide shipping from this site. I received the Bulbs with good packing in 7 days time. When I ordered there was a discount of 20% at the website.

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190826.jpg
The Package Arrives...

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190827.jpg
The Night Breaker Unlimited

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-p1190838.jpg
A Closer Look

Now, coming to the comparison between the stock bulbs and the Night Breaker Unlimited. I wanted to get a good comparison and also take some shots using the camera for more detailed analysis as well as reference for other BHPians. I started in search of roads without street lights. I realized that Bengaluru has really improved since most of the roads seem to be well lit at 9-30 PM in the night Finally found a wide road near Ashoka Pillar which seemed to missing a street light and finalized on the place. I then used a stone fence pillar that was on the left as the marker to position the car. Now remember I would have to position the car again at the same spot to be able to capture the picture again once I install the new bulbs. Once this was finalized, I got some pictures with stock headlights. Posted below for reference:

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-stock_p1190832.jpg
Stock Headlights Provided by Honda

After having captured the reference image, I went back home and fitted the Osram NBUs. The whole process took about 10 minutes and one can do it by opening the bonnet and disconnecting the cable that connects to it which is in the area behind the headlight. The existing Bulb then can be pulled out. It is all plug and play but you would need a torch if you are trying this at night and one more person to shine the light in the correct place for help.

Once I had the new Bulbs fitted, I headed back to the same place and took some shots with newer bulbs. Below is another picture from the NBUs for reference:

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-nbu_p1190842.jpg
Osram Night Breaker Unlimited

Now that we have seen reference pictures of both these, its time now to get to a comparison mode. The picture below should help well with the comparison:

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-comparison.png
Stock Bulbs Vs Night Breaker Unlimited

My analysis from the picture - it is clear that the light coming from the NBU has a more whiter shade on it as compared to the stock bulbs which are more yellowish. The yellow beam seems to scatter more initially as can be seen in the picture. The nearby tree is more visible in the stock lights as compared the NBUs. However, the strength of the NBU seems to be that throw of the light in a more focused manner on the road. The light seems more whiter and brighter and the intensity is higher than the stock bulbs.

2014 Honda City | My Diesel Rockstar Arrives | EDIT: 10 years completed and running strong-frontfacecomparison.png
Front Facing View Comaparison of the Two Bulbs

As for the question if the light is going longer distance - this is difficult to comment on since I replaced the low beams and they are focused for the near zone and hence angle at which they seem to be focused is not helping me determine if the longer distance claim is really true form this analysis. Given that the scattering is less, I feel this would be the case if someone were to use these for the High Beam Headlights. I leave it now for the others to decide based on what I have shared.

Thanks for reading my thread - hope you found it useful.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 16th November 2014 at 08:41.
vsrivatsa is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks